Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Desert Rose ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: *looks around* Although I am strictly a non-Honda/Ootogi... a little bit of it couldn't hurt... but only because my beloved Demon Bunny is so kind enough as to let me use her in my story.
***

"Heya." Duke smiled to the assorted party-goers as they passed by. He wiggled his shades and winked as the girls entered, "Welcome."

"Ootogi-kun?" Duke tilted his head towards the source of his name to find a giant pink squid wandering in, "That's some lousy get-up, it's obviously you."

"You're really taking this to the limit, Honda." The squid lifted the top part of his costume, smiling at the surfer.

"I'm gonna win a prize." he joked, leaning over to kiss Duke on the cheek. Duke smirked, grabbed the collar of the squid suit, and kissed Tristan (Iris: *imitating Haruko* MOUTH TO MOUTH!!!), "Even if it's not one I can show off to everyone else..."

"See ya off the dance floor, babe." Duke smiled and continued to greet his guests. After a while of waiting, a Chobit and Sphinx wandered up to his doorstep, "Ara?"

"Hello, Mr. Surfer-host-guy!" the Chobit squeaked, reaching out and stroking Duke's perfectly shaped abs.

"Azalea." The sphinx snatched her sister's hand and pulled her back guickly, giving Duke a flash of the Chobit's white panties. The host blushed and coughed, motioning the two in. He sighed as Joey came up with his radio on his shoulder.

"Great. Very original, mutt."

"Ain't it?"

"Yeah. It's as original as Chii over there." Joey peeked in and saw the little Chobit costume dancing beside a sphinx. He blinked and happily went inside. Behind him was a certain scantly clad millionaire, "Kaiba-kun?"

"Don't say a word." Seto hissed, walking straight in before his hat slid over his purple/gold mask.

--- (Yami's costume XD)

"Say, Yug." Joey said, motioning for his best friend to come over, "What are you s'pose ta be, huh?"

"I'm a Ring Wraith from LoTR."

"What about Yami?"

"Uh..." The spirit appeared in little Yugi's place. The robe was moved aside to show that he was wearing his usual black belt choker, but tonight it was connected to a fishnet shirt that had black chains binding his arms and neck to each other and leather pants (as per usual) that were torn mainly around his upper thigh area and that tilted, giving a perverted glimpses at the gorgeous pharoah's 'diamonds in the rough' when he walked, and that also had black satin sashes tied around each ankles to make it appear like he had ripped free from something.

"Yami?"

"I'm a bondage/rape victim." he smirked as the girl's flocked to him, drooling an ocean.

"Hey... dat's mah old costume!"

--- (Oh yeah... that's good.)

Rochelle rolled her eyes as the blonde moron continued to flirt with her sister. They looked ridiculous, wandering about looking like twins. But it also made her think, Azalea had such an open personality; she welcomed people into her life. The dark dragon had done that once, and was imprisoned for it. She leaned against a nearby wall, sighing deeply. There's was more than a chance for Azalea to get her sacrifice, but Rochelle was afraid to open up. Ever since... Ever since...

She jumped as the music exploded into a 70's doo-wop song ('Come on Eileen'). Azalea and Joey were spinning wildly around as the male blonde showed the female blonde all sort of strange dance moves. They were having fun. Rochelle laughed but stop as the song slowed and Joey brought Azalea close, smiling and blushing. The song sped up and they broke away into more dance moves. Rochelle sipped at her punch, taking a giant chunk out of the side she was drinking on. Azalea... even in Egypt she smiled and shrugged things off. She was never serious. A new song came up, it was slow, but not the kind you would dance to ('.45'). Joey dragged Azalea into a crowd of people all dressed very darkly. The chorus played and the entire group (plus Joey and Azalea) stomped one foot and banged their heads to the beat. Rochelle shook her head, amazed that her sister so willing followed that nincompoop. ::I guess it's just your nature.::

The lights dimmed and glowstick appeared, dancing as wildly as the people. Ravers. ('Kompressor Does Not Dance') Joey and Azalea were spinning their glowsticks around each other, coming within inches of touching. The flashing colors gave Rochelle a headache. A punk rock song started as many people dressed as assorted pirates and skaters and what-nt jumped together in a circle, singing the chorus. ('I Believe in a Thing Called Love'). Their stomping caused Rochelle to slide down the wall and sit in the corner, rubbing her temple. Finally, a normal sounding song came up. ('You're a God') Rochelle gave a truly reluctant sigh and sipped her punch again. It was warm and had become watered down by the ice cubes she had melted during her headache. She cursed under her breath. ::I need to learn how to control my fire.::

Another raving song started, but this time Rochelle stood and joined in. This song sound worth dancing stupidly around for. ('Rhythm is a Dancer') Everyone who saw her that night would have agreed that she was an exquisite dancer. Her body looked almost serpentine in the dimly-lit lights and glowstick shine. It was like watching a cobra dance to a charmer's song. The people made a circle around her, Rochelle didn't notice the attention until someone came up beside her and followed her almost liquified movements. Azalea smiled and danced along side her sister, it was like watching twin streamers. The song ended and was replaced by a rock song. ('Weak and Powerless')

"Wow, Rojo-chan." Azalea chirped, "I didn't know you could dance like that!"

"You attracted too much attention."

"Guess what! Joey is Jou's reincarnation! Isn't that great?"

"Eh." she growled.

"I'll bet anything that Seth's reincarnation is somewhere here! Wouldn't that be great?"

"Hmph." Rochelle snorted and walked off.

"Dude, do you let your sista treat'cha like dat all the time?"

"Rochelle's had a hard life. You can't blame her."

"Whatever." Joey pulled his new companion back out to dance with the pop song. ('When the Lights Go Out') Rochelle went back to her brooding place to find a familiar figure in a familiar outfit. She almost had a fit seeing him sit there.

"Set... Set..." she stammered. The boy sitting in her spot looked up from his cup of punch and tried to glare. His hat slipped over his eyes. Rochelle felt like breaking down.

"What do you want?" She snapped out of her reverie and bared her fangs.

"You're in my spot."

"Hn."

"Hn." She sat beside him, feeling her face burn bright red.

"I saw you dancing, it was beautiful." the priest toasted his cup towards her and drank again, "Where'd you and your sister learn that?"

"It.. uh.. comes naturally. We're descended from Egyptian belly-dancers."

"Seto Kaiba." the priest said, holding one hand out, "We're in class together."

"Rochelle Kasettai." the sphinx replied, placing her hand in his. He pulled her hand over and kissed gently. She thought she had suffered an aneurysm for a moment. Her senses came back when a song much like the first one erupted through the speakers. ('Ladykillers') Seto had returned to his brooding position. He was nibbling at the foam cup, looking out at nothing, thinking about something that wasn't there. ::My priest. My beloved Set! You've... come back.:: She could feel her happiness fading the longer she sat beside him. The dark dragon started to rise and leave when Seto grabbed her wrist. Rochelle could feel a five thousand year old pain split through her heart, "Hai?"

"Wanna dance?" he grunted. She didn't know how to respond, so he dragged her out to the middle of the floor, spinning her into his arms. He held her close to him, having forgotten that he was bare-chested and rested his head atop of hers. Rochelle laid her cheek against his chest, he smelled much like he did in Egypt, of ink and papyrus (A/N: paper :D). She had longed for so many years to have his arms surrounding her and to be able to smell his gentle but wise scent. It was like he hadn't changed. She closed her eyes and listened to the lyrics of the song. It made her cry as they reminded her of everything that had happened between them. ('Everytime'- Britney Spears. Bite me, I was listening to it while I was on the road and it fit very nicely.) Her heart was lost within him. It was as if nothing had happened and there was no grudge between them, instead there was merely the clothes upon their skin that seperated them. She wanted nothing more but to have him again, like she wished she could have had him so many years ago. She shook that notion off, she couldn't let a long-lived affection stop her from becoming human, even if it meant losing him again. Seto suddenly dipped her backwards, the dragon never even noticed the song change. It had become much more water-like, like belly-dancer music. ('Desert Rose')

"Let me see those moves." He brought the shocked girl back up and she complied. She closed her eyes and slowly danced against his firm and strong body, again missing the circle being formed around them. Before she knew it, Seto had started dancing with her. He wrapped one arm around her back she bent back, followed by Seto who tried to go in for a kiss. Rochelle stopped him and pushed him back up. They continued dancing to the beautiful song, their moves complimenting the other. The audience had been brought back to Egypt through their movements. Everyone watched in awe of the sphinx and high priest, it was like these two figures from the ancient land had danced their ways straight out of the hierogylphics and into Duke's party. (A/N: Duke and Tristan have disappeared, BTW ^_~) The song ended and Duke rushed on stage, his clothes really disheveled.

"It's time to vote for your two favorite costumes! Right now, one of my assissants is walking around with ballots, please vote once and honestly."

Azalea smiled and wrote her sister's and Seto's name down on her paper and dropped it in the box. The assisstant (which happened to be a pink squid that was having a hard time walking back to the stage) handed the box to Duke and slowly sat down on the steps leading to the stage. The surfer shook the box around until he was certain that the votes were mixed up, then he reached in and pulled one out.

"Our winners are... Rochelle and Seto!" The two surprised teens found themselves being ushered up stage where Duke set... er.. handed a gold crown to Seto and hung the diamond tiara on one of Rochelle's ears. He stepped back and allowed for more applause, "This is quite a Beauty and the Beast victory, the question is, however, which is which?"

The audience laughed but became quiet as 'Beauty and the Beast' played, sung by the three Jpop divas he had invited. Seto bowed to his 'queen', setting the crown down, and waltzed with her. Azalea was so happy, she had climbed on Joey's shoulders and called to her, "That's the way to do it, Rochelle!"

"The night is still young." Seto whispered to her, "After this, you wanna go out for some ice cream and pizza?"

The dragon wasn't exactly sure what a pizza or ice cream were, but she nodded anyways.

***

Iris: :D What a feel good chapter. And that Ootogi/Honda bit was kinda fun. :D Mwa. *freaks* FIVE PAGES?!?!?