Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Pizza and Ice Cream ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rochelle looked feverishly around for her sister. She began to worry when Seto grabbed her arm, "Have you seen Azalea?"

"...No. Let's go." He took her out to a beautiful silver-blue limo and opened the door. She stepped in hesistantly, still worrying about her sister.

***(Meanwhile...)

"It ain't much, but it's home." Joey opened the door to his apartment and his pet bunny came up to him, blinking in confusion.

::Okay.. I know that blonde... who's this?:: she went over to the strange blonde girl and stared at her with innocent eyes ::You look just like Joey, lady.::

"Oh, hey, Usagi!" Joey knelt down and picked up his lilac rabbit, "This is Azalea; Azalea, this is my pet Flemish Giant bunny, Usagi."

Azalea giggled and took the frightened bunny from Joey. Usagi squirmed and tried to get away. ::Save me! This ain't no girl! She's some kind of weird lizard!::

"Aw." Azalea said, stroking the rabbit's fur, "I'm not going to hurt you, girl."

Usagi calmed slowly and accepted the dragon-girl's cooing. Joey took the rabbit back and set her in her cage. ::Aw! No fair!:: The blonde led his new friend into his room.

"Sorry, it's a bit messy."

"I like it." Joey blushed lightly. He had never had any girls in his apartment besides Tea. Azalea sat on his bed, which reeked of old food and God-knows what the hell else, and smiled. Joey jumped and went to go get something for them to eat. The girl laughed, "I wonder if Rojo-chan's having this much fun."

***

"Set...o?"

"Hm?"

"I've never had pizza and ice cream before."

"Sou ka?"

"Yeah... Azalea and I grew up in a tomb. All we ever ate was bread and meat."

"Hm." he sat back in his chair, the moonlight cascading across his perfect body, "Then this will be a new experience for both of us."

Rochelle didn't quite understand what Seto meant, but she couldn't have cared less. She was spending time with the reincarnation of the man she loved and lost five thousand years ago. He was talking to her, like she was human; holding her hand as they got out of the car, like she was human; even flashing a quick yet tender smile at her, like she was truly his kind, not some psuedo look-alike of a normal girl. They entered the diner and he order the biggest pizza and ice cream they had. Seto looked over at his date after ordering and noticed her looking mournfully out the window.

"Are you still worried about Azalea?" he asked.

"Huh? Oh.. uh... yeah."

The millionaire raised an eyebrow (although you can't see it under that fishbowl haircut :D). She had to have been lying, but that didn't concern him. He leaned across the table and placed one delicate hand on hers. She jumped a little and gave him a bewildered look. His eyes were deep and serious.

"Rochelle... do you have any connection to Egypt other than your birth?"

"No." She said quickly, "Why?

"Because... when I look at you, I see someone I should know." Rochelle leaned back, shaking her head.

"No... I was only born there..."

"Oh, I was really hoping that you could help me."

"With what?"

"I keep having brief flashes of my past, mainly about a girl." Rochelle clenched her teeth, "She was very beautiful.. kind of looked like your sister."

Rochelle snorted and pulled her hand away, "Who would think a bumbling fool like my sister is pretty?"

"Well, as her sister, I thought you might."

"Hmph."

***

"Here." Joey handed his guest a plate with one slice of pepperoni pizza and a bowl of strawberry ice cream(he has a bowl and plate for himself), "It's all I have."

"What's this?"

"You've never had ice cream or pizza before?" Azalea shook her head and Joey laughed, "Girl, you don't know what you're missing!" He scooped up a bit of ice cream, hoving it between their faces. Azzie raised an eyebrow, but stole Joey's bit of ice cream. She smiled and they had a nice little 'dinner'.

***

After finishing their (expensive) pizza and ice cream, Seto invited Rochelle to come down to his place.

"I would like you to meet someone."

"No." she replied, knowing she was lying, "I need to get home and make sure that Azalea isn't locked out." ::Although I could care less about her well being.::

"Please?" Rochelle snorted and turned around to walk off. Seto wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her back, "That is certainly very rude of you. I paid for your dinner and won't give me a bit more of your time?"

"You offered."

"Then I offer for you to walk with me. The sun has started to go down, it will look beautiful if we watch it together from the bridge."

She sighed and followed him along the sidewalk up to a bridge. The sun was beginning to set, and it was casting an elegant glow on the lake below. Rochelle warmed in the sun's rays, forgetting that she was still human. Taking a deep breath, she looked down and fell back. Her reflection revealed what her face hid. There was a Red Eyes Black Dragon staring up at her from the water. It bared its teeth at her, cursing her for taking the form of the creatures that had sealed her away and shunned her for centuries upon centuries. Tears streamed down her face, she was hurting again...

"Rochelle?" Seto leaned over to help her up. She thrashed madly at him and ran away. He watched her run, wondering what the wild outburst was about.

***

Rochelle slammed into her front door, turning the key with tears showering down on her hand. The door swung in and she fell. The upset dragon stumbled past the den and into the hallway towards her bedroom. She stopped. Her room was straight down the hallway, but tonight she saw what it truly represented, the hall she had walked down five thousand years ago that led to her inprisonment. ::Damn that old hag! Why did she have to leave those memories intact?:: Rochelle cursed, walking down the hall. She reached the door, but before she grabbed the doorknob, she collapsed. Her body quaked as she sobbed wildly.

"Why does it still hurt!?" she shrieked, "I'm a dragon! I shouldn't have these feelings!"

Her wails turned into whimpering, "I shouldn't have them anymore... They hurt too much..."
***

Iris: Ooh, this stuff is fun.

Rochelle: Like hell it is.

Iris: Next time on 'Kindred Cards'.

Siri: Rochelle has a dream about a past that she's been trying to cover up.

Azalea: Reveal! 'The Red Eyes Black Dragon, The Heart That Melted Ice and Turned to Coal Part 1!'

Iris: Feelings abound!