Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ The Heart that Melted Ice and Turned to Coal p.II ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And I did get rid of her, burned her home down without any remorse. I thought with her out of the way, Set would come back to me, but I was wrong. After that, he stopped showing up at the palace and I grew more and more vicious.

"I'm sorry, Rojo." Atemu kissed his pet and sighed, "We can't have you killing every other person that walks by you."

'I'm sorry.' Rojo nuzzled her master, cooing as the servants tugged on her chains and dragged her down to the dungeons.

The night I bit Azalea, the basic instinct to kill was reinstated in my mind. I had it under control until someone talked about Set or Kisara. Then I would pounce and kill without any thought as to who I was killing. Everyone thought it was just a mild phase, but when I came close to mauling a foreign ambassador, they knew that wasn't it.

"Rojo sure has calm down since that last incident." the black dragon rolled over and slinked over to the door, "Hey, girl."

Rojo cooed and poked her snout out for the two guards to pet. She had been sent down to be an executioner of sorts for criminals. It didn't bother her, so long as she never had to kill Set. The dragon slipped back into her cell and went to sleep in a corner.

"I wonder what made her snap."

'Set...'

A few weeks after that, I rebel group came in to over throw Atemu. They were defeated and sentenced to death by my teeth. I couldn't care less about who they were, I killed them and waited to kill their leader. The guards were pretty scared, I sat up on my stomach with the blood of the other rebels dripping off my fangs. I was breathing heavily, my sight was blurry with malice. All that was in my mind was to kill... and then they took me to kill their leader.

"Come on, Rojo." The dark dragon forced her way out of the cell and followed her guards down a seemingly endless hallway. She had a bad feeling. The guards wouldn't even look at her as she nudged and cooed at them, "It'll be okay, girl."

'Okay? What's going on?'

I yawned as they closed the door. I looked around and noticed a figure that made my heart leap into my throat. Set! They had tied him up, gagged him, even blind-folded my dear priest. How dare they!

Rojo went over to Set, licking the blood off her face to make herself more presentable. She gently bit the gag and blind-fold off. Set looked up at her with wild eyes. the dragon tilted her head and cooed playfully. She cut the bindings around wrists and purred at him.

'Set! I'm so happy to see you! Oh... wait... you can't hear me.' She laid her head down in his lap (although her head alone was as big as the priest). Set pushed her away and undid the ropes on his ankles. He threw them aside and rushed up to the door, banging and shouting.

"Let me out of here!"

'Set?'

"I'm going to kill that damn pharaoh!"

'Set...'

"He killed Kisara!"

I snapped... 'No, no. You don't care.' I tried to convince myself that he hadn't said that but there was no use. My sight washed over with red and I stalked up behind him, licking my chops and drooling. The last thing I'm sure he saw was the flash of my teeth before they sank into his beautiful body. My final image of him was a sheer look of terror. I didn't remember killing, but I knew I did and I knew it hurt. Later, I started roaring and snarling and scaring the shit out of the guards, I was losing control and they had to tame me...

The black dragon half-dragged herself down the aisle that the villagers made as she went up to her sister and former master. Around them were others who would soon find themselves in the dragon's same situation, being sealed away. Rojo looked up at her sister, who came to her side and nuzzled her gently.

'Does it hurt, Rojo?'

'Yes... I don't ever want to hurt like this again...'

***

"I promised that I would never hurt like this again, so why am I hurting so much now?"

*~*Fin*~*

Iris: Next time on 'Kindred Cards'.

Siri: Azalea goes on her first real date while Rochelle gets some news from the shamaness.

Rochelle: Reveal! 'Blue Letters and Red News!'

Azalea: Feelings abound!