Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Blue Letter and Red News ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Siri: What's wrong with you?

Iris: *cowering behind a giant writers' block* Rochelle scared me in this chapter.

Siri: You wrote her to be like that.

Iris: *cries*

***

"Rojo-chan?" Azalea hurried down the hallway to her sister. Rochelle was doubled over in her doorway and sobbing, "Are you hurt?"

Azalea tried to help Rochelle up, but the older girl lashed out, throwing her sister into a wall. The other's blue eyes widen and she scrambled back down towards the kitchen. Rochelle sighed, composing herself, "Sorry, Azalea!"

She came back down the hall where Azalea was digging in the fridge. Azalea backed up and handed her a sandwich. Rochelle bit into and walked to the other side of kitchen. She fiddled with a rather large Egpytian vase. Azalea was purring as she nibbled on a Fruit by the Foot.

"Wow, Joey is just the way he was in Egypt! He's really sweet and cute! I love being a human. Oh, what about Seto? Is he just like Seth? All smart and and broody. Seth was a real looker, too! I wonder if he remembers Kisara, she was cute and-"

"AZALEA, SHUT THE HELL UP!" Rochelle whirled around and threw the vase at her. Azalea screamed and ducked. The vase shattered and scattered about the kitchen floor. She peeked over the counter and saw Rochelle drop her sandwich and jumped over the back of the couch. The TV flickered on and Rochelle laid on the couch. The light dragon blinked absently, smiled, and went to take a shower. ::I hate this...:: Rochelle thought ::I hate all of this.::

***

Rochelle woke up on the couch the next morning (Saturday, if anyone cares.). Azalea was coming out of her room dressed in a dark blue tank top and denim miniskirt. The dark dragon stared with curiousity at her beaming sister.

"What's that all for?" she grunted, sitting up.

"Oh, Joey called this morning."

"Morning?" Rochelle looked into the kitchen. The stove clock read '3:54', "Ne.."

"Yeah, he asked me out. Isn't it exciting? My first date!"

"Yeah, yeah." she mumbled, laying back down, "Don't tell me about it when you get back."

There was a knock at the door. Azalea giggled and answered.

"Wow!" Joey said. Rochelle grumbled and hid beneath the mass of hieroglyphic pillows lying about the couch, "You look great!.. Where'd you get those scars?"

"Huh? Oh, Rochelle threw a vase at me."

"WHAT?! You should really call da police on her if she's trowing stuff at-chu." (A/N: No, I am not a shitty author, that's how Joey speaks in the dub. Dammit, it's called dialogue!)

"It's okay, Joey." she replied, stepping out of the house, "She doesn't intend to take out her rage on me, I just happen to be the one who sparks it."

"Umm.. okay...?" The door shut behind them and Rochelle roared and bit into the nearest pillow to her. That damn servant was pissing her off. He needs to keep that nose of his out of their business before she bites it off. There was a moment of silence before she sat up and ripped the pillow apart.

"Rojo! Rojo! Calm down!" Rochelle's red eyes darted wildly around the den until the fell upon the figure of a young woman.

"What the hell do you want, Osiris?"

"Well, this will be good news after all." the shamaness stepped out (yes, she is the old lady from the first chapter) of the shadows and went over to the disgruntled girl.

"News?"

"Yes. The night you were originally suppose to present your sacrifices, my presence is needed elsewhere."

"So your canceling it and returning us to our cards? Halle-fucking-lujah."

"You're so pessimistic, Rojo. I am postponing your sacrifices until February. I think you'll need it." Osiris nodded, "Oh, and one more thing."

"What?"

"Instead of brooding about your misdeeds in the past, why don't you make amends for them in the present?"

"I hate you."

"What I'm saying is the Seto you were out with last night might be the reincarnation of the Set you loved long ago, but he isn't Set."

"Bah. But I am still a dragon."

"Huff.. you're difficult. How do I make this simple? Oh, yes. 'If you want a miracle, be the miracle'."

"Where'd you get that?"

"A nice apprentice took me to see Bruce Almighty a few nights ago." Osiris smiled and Rochelle rolled her eyes. She got up and started towards her room, "Rojo, you need to stop living in the past and look at the wonderful future in front of you."

"Future... heh..."

***

Siri: Next time on 'Kindred Cards'.

Iris: Azalea and Joey go to a Duel Monsters Tournament and Rochelle has a hit-n-love experience.

Azalea: Reveal! 'Limo-Struck Love!'

Rochelle: Feelings abound.