Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Limo-Struck Love ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I summon Lesser Dragon in defense mode!" the battle raged on in the stadium as Joey and Azalea found themselves a seat.

"We're really lucky, Azzie. This match sold out the moment I bought our tickets!" Azalea smiled and sat next to her date. She looked down at the stadium and almost had a stroke. The two boys dueling each other were mercilessly destroying the other's monster. The cries of the monsters as they exploded or were absorbed sank deep into a part of Azalea's mind that she had supressed for centuries. She clenched her skirt and dropped her gaze to the floor. Joey cheered wildly as one the duelists summoned a Shadow Ghoul. The Shadow Ghoul started for the defensive Lesser Dragon when the dragon's duelist revealed it's Castle Wall trap card. The blonde girl cringed as the Shadow Ghoul screamed and shattered. ::How... how...::

"How can you watch this?" she murmured, tears dripping onto her knees.

"How? Uh, wit my eyes open. Azalea? Are you okay?"

"It's horrible. These monsters... forced to serve humans."

"Hey, don't freak. They're only holograms and cards. They can't feel any a-dis."

"No!" Azalea stood up and ran out. Joey followed. She threw the doors open ad stood by the bus stop, sobbing wildly. The sun was creating long shadows down the sidewalks and streets and Azalea could see hers perfectly. A hunched over Blue Eyes White Dragon crying pitifully against a stop sign. ::They all think we're just brainless servants...::

"Azalea?!" Joey stopped short of his target.

"I'm sorry." she whispered, "I'm just so... into animal rights!"

"Okay?" Joey stepped back as Azalea perked up.

"I don't like seeing anything being used for inhumane reasons! Even if they..."

"Aren't real?"

"Yeah... aren't real."

"Hm, the battle'll probably be over by the time we get back. I'll walk you home."

***

Rochelle decided to step out for a while. She needed the time to clear her head. The lock clicked to assure that the door was secure. The dark dragon was dressed in black shorts (not 'short-shorts' just 'shorts') and a red shirt that had the shoulders cut out and her black bra straps where visible. (tacky, yes, but she couldn't care less.)

"Where to go first?" She stepped out and flipped her wallet open, "That old bag's gonna regret bringing me back." (insert shopping spree here!)

"Ugh.. that was boring." Rochelle groaned, shifting her weight. There were at least 20 bags on both her arms. She had spent most of her money on assorted anime swag, but she did buy a few bags worth of clothing. As she crossed the street, a limo turned the corner. The driver sneezed and didn't see the girl stoop down to retrieve a manga that had fallen through a hole in her bag. She stood up too late, the car barreled into her, sending her plushies, fishnets, bracelets, mangas, etc. flying in every direction. Her last images were of a fluttering Fruits Basket manga and a small boy with black hair rushing to her side.

***(Moments later)

"Oh... my head..." Rochelle opened her eyes to an elegant blue canopy with silver posts that had BEWDs trailing down them, "Where am I?"

"You're at the Kaiba mansion!" chirped a little voice beside her. She looked to her side and saw a little boy with messy black hair and dark purple eyes.

"Kaiba?"

"Yeah! My name's Mokuba and I live here with my brother Seto." Rochelle jumped at the sound of Seto's name. Mokuba raised his arms up to try and calm her back down, she had bandages around her head, most of her body, one of her shins, and her right wrist, "You surprised us, though. Our driver said that when he hit you, you skidded a few feet then passed out. You left a dent in our limo, too."

"I'm sorry." she murmured, trying to get out of the blue and silver themed bed, "I'll pay for it..."

"No need to." Seto stepped into the room and pushed her back onto the bed. Rochelle twitched as he scanned over her for any injuries he missed earlier.

"Seto..."

"Hm?" He looked at her questioningly as he laid his hand against her cheek. She sighed contently and shook her head, "Lay back down, you're in no condition to be wandering around."

"Thanks... Sherlock..." she said as she laid down and Mokuba happily pulled the blankets around her. She smiled at Mokuba. ::What a sweet child...::

***

Iris: Next time on 'Kindred Cards'!

Siri: Rochelle spends quality time with Mokuba and Seto.

Rochelle: Reveal! 'A Rare Kind of Kindness!'

Azalea: Feelings Abound!!!!1!!!!shiftyone14