Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Perfect Date: Ruined! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: Siri... are you my Yami?

Siri: Yes, now shut up before I mind-crush you.

***
"Yaye!" Mokuba said, throwing his hands up victoriously, "I knew you liked her!"

"I didn't say I liked her." Seto interjected, "I just don't want her wandering around the town in her condition." Mokuba nodded his head, giving his older brother a 'Is that so?' look. Seto disregarded the look and walked over to Rochelle.

"Er-uh.." she blushed and bowed, "Thank you."

"Hm. You can't go out in that." Seto shook his head softly, "At least, if you want to be seen with me."

Rochelle looked at her clothes, they were really torn up from the accident. She chuckled softly and scratched the back of her head. Kaiba rolled his eyes. He grabbed her arm and dragged her to the limo. Mokuba waved good-bye to them from the doorway.

***

"How's this?" Rochelle stepped out of the changing room dressed in a black halter top (the kind that have the lace that ties it around your neck and back), red mini skirt, purple and black stockings, and black high heels. Seto stared blankly at her for a moment, then stood to get a closer look. He stood behind her and found something he hadn't seen before. There were two scars down her back. He laid his hands over them.

"What's this?"

"What's what?" she asked, trying to look over her shoulder.

"These scars."

::Scars? Oh, no.:: "Seto, when is the full moon?"

"In about three days, why?"

::Dammit.:: "Nothing."

"About the scars?"

"Oh, uh... I don't know where I got them." She shrugged and walked away, "I like this outfit, do you?" Seto rolled his eyes and followed his date out of the store. He couldn't get his mind off those scars, though.

***

"Wow, this place is pretty ritzy." Rochelle said as they entered the resturant.

"It should be, its the second most expensive restuarant in the city."

::Second?:: she thought, smiling. The waiter sat them down at a table next to a window. It had a perfect view of the coming sunset. They ordered their food and waited patiently. Rochelle stared out the window, watching the sunset. The rays of light made her eyes shine. Seto sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry about earlier." he murmured.

"No need to be, I deserve it."

"No, you don't. There was no need for me to say all that." Seto stared down at the table for a moment, then looked up. Rochelle was still staring out the window, her eyes were no longer shining, "Rochelle?"

She didn't speak to him the rest of the dinner. They left the restuarant and walked down to the theatre. Seto tried to lighten the mood by wrapping one arm around Rochelle's waist and pulling her close.

"You were beautiful at Duke's party."

"Huh?" Rochelle tilted her head back to see Seto smirking gently. Her face turned red and she looked away, "Thank you. You were remarkable, I didn't know that you could do that too."

"I didn't know either. It just came to me." Rochelle smiled and put and arm around Seto's waist. Her heart was pounding madly, but she never felt better.

As they came up on the theatre, someone stepped out of the bushes behind them. Seto instinctively stood between the stranger and his date. The darkness hid their stalker's identity perfectly until a familiar voice rang through Seto's ears.

"Well, well. Isn't this a nice surprise? The famous Seto Kaiba, guarding someone other than his brother?"

"Pegasus(now with plot hole anger XD)." Seto growled, "What are you doing here?"

"I lost to your friends." Pegasus moved the silver hair that shielded his Millenium Eye (which was retrieved by yours truly), "Maximillion Pegasus never loses!"

::A Millenium Item?:: Rochelle thought ::Damn.::

"What are you going to do?"

"Take your soul!" (ph34r, for the authoress is slowly getting into Pegasus/Seto. O.o)

The millonaire's eye glowed and Rochelle took the only action she could. She tried to jump infront of Seto, but when her pushed her back, she tripped him and took the full brunt of the attack. Seto fell off the sidewalk and watched the girl he was trying to protect throw her head back in pain. There was something weird about her, though. He could have sworn that he heard a dragon roar, and that there was a Red Eyes Black Dragon outline around Rochelle. She stumbled to the side and shot a glare at Pegasus. Pegasus took a step back.

"You're not normal!" he said before running off. Seto stood up quickly, reaching out to help her. Rochelle turned away and ran, hoping that the light wouldn't show her changes. Black scales had started to appear on her forearms, and horns were growing atop her head. Seto was on her heels, begging her to stop. She kept going, turning sharply on streets she recognized. There was a burning pain surging through-out her body. The scars on her back were starting to spilt open, it wouldn't be long before Seto could see her wings. The dark dragon had to get home before that happened, or before she passed out. They had both been running for a long time.

::Home!:: she thought, running up the stone pathway that lead to the door. Azalea was home, luckily, so Rochelle swung the door open, jumped inside, and slammed the door before Seto reached it. Azalea and Joey were sitting on one of the couches, eating sandwiches and watching TV. Rochelle snapped her head towards them and bared her fangs as she screamed, "Get him the hell out of here!"

"Rochelle?" Joey said, shocked by her sudden appearance, "Are you okay?"

"Out. Now." Joey stood quickly and left. Azalea went to her sister's side, "Damn."

"Rojo? What's wrong?"

"What does it look like?" she growled, tilting her head forward. Her hair moved away to reveal her horns, growing longer and sharper by the minute, "Some jackass with a Millenium Item jumped me and Seto."

"You and Seto were on a date?" Azalea started.

"Azalea, I have a cold, make me some soup." Azalea blinked innocently and went to make her sister some soup. The older girl stumbled to her room as her reptilian body began to tear at her clothes. Not wanting to lose the only material memory she had for that day, Rochelle pulled the clothes off as fast as she could. By the time she had removed every last article, her wings had broke through the skin and she was being forced onto all four, "AZALEA!!!!!"

"Yes?!" Azalea ran in carrying a bowl of soup just as Rochelle fell over in pain, "Rojo-chan!" The blonde set the bowl on the vanity near the door and knelt beside her aching sister. Tears rolled down the dragon's dark scales. She bent backwards, almost to were her tail touched her snout, and let out an agonizing shriek.

***

Seto and Joey jumped as a cry of pain shook the house behind them. Joey stared at the house for a moment, then sighed and shook his head.

"Rochelle's kind of a bitch."

"Don't say that." Seto growled.

"Why?"

"We were attacked by Pegasus." Joey stopped and looked up at Seto.

"'We'?" Joey echoed as if he headn't heard about the attack, "You and Rochelle were out? Together?"

"Why can't we be?"

"Well, it's... you... and her."

"Whatever." Seto pulled his cellphone out and called home.

"Hey, can I get a ride home?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Why are you still talking to me?"

***

"Why am I not changing?" Azalea asked.

'Because the full moon isn't for another three days.' Rochelle rolled over as Azalea laid the bowl of soup before her, 'But you'll start having scars.'

"Okay." the younger sister patted her sister's wings, "Goodnight. I'll tell everyone at school that you just not feeling well. You'll be back to normal by this time tomorrow."

'I blew my chance with Seto. He probably hates me.'

"Aw. It'll be okay."

*~*Fin*~*

Azalea: Next time on 'BMTL: Kindred Cards'-

Iris: Seto feels bad about the ruined date.

Siri: And Azalea passes 'Cover-up' with flying colors.

Rochelle: Reveal. 'Busy School Day For Azalea'. Feelings abound.