Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Regret ❯ Part VI: Wasting Away Pt. 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson Regret

Part VI: Wasting Away Part 2

Bakura'sPOV

Coming back home is coming to be a big shock. I saw about ten bottles of beer with broken bottles on the floor. There were too many pieces to count and Ryou lying down on the couch. He's intoxicated. I quickly rushed over to him since he was holding a piece of glass something I'm scared of. I shook him trying to get him back to reality.

"Ryou," I said.

"That's my name don't wear it out," he responded back.

"C'mon, you're drunk." I began to help him up.

"No!" He pushed me away.

/I don't need him!/

I heard him through our mind link. I stood there. I couldn't do anything. I was too shocked to say the least. I saw that Taki was gone already. Maybe she went to room, I don't care. I care about what Ryou's going to do to himself. I took a few hesitant steps forward. He didn't move from his position on the couch. I kneeled down and shook him lightly incase he decides to retaliate. He just slowly opens his eyes and they stared back at me full of emotion. They were blurred together but I could make out some of them.

Anger…

Pain…

Sadness…

Depression…

As I looked at him it looked like he didn't even see me. He just lied still. I carefully picked him up and carried him. As I made it to the stairs he moved suddenly that I accidentally dropped him on the steps. His knee was bent with the other leg stretched out; one of his arms was extended with the other crossing over it. Maybe he didn't really need a self-defense class. That was partially my fault. I picked him up again and carried him the rest of the way to our room, which I wondered where he's been all this month. Did he sleep in the guest bedroom? I saw him enter a few times. Well if he doesn't like me he could've just said so. I sighed. This isn't going very well.

I placed him on the bed and tucked him in. When he wakes up I'll find out what's wrong with him. I walked downstairs to clean the mess in the living room.

I wonder where'd he get all that beer?

--------------------------------------

Ryou's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard Bakura leave. I was lucky that he didn't catch me still awake. I sighed. Why the hell did he bring me to his room? I wanted to stay on the couch. Maybe him and Taki are having a dazzling time watching TV or eating dinner together. Oh how can I be so stupid?

Yes I know I can be now shut up you aren't always right. I need to get out of here. I don't want to stay here tonight. Maybe I could go over to Yugi's and keep him company. I shakily stood up with some stupid headache trying to make me crumble to the ground. I managed to maintain myself. I slowly walked down the stairs trying to stay as quiet as possible. I didn't want to be spotted on the way out. I don't want him to put me back otherwise I would've done something suicidal and go out the window. I'm sure my yami wouldn't like that, now would he?

I tripped. Oh shit I thought as I scrambled down the stairs until it decided to make it to the bottom. God that hurt. I need to get out of here before Bakura or Taki comes and tells me something. Now I have to get up again and run quietly to the door and into the streets. How the hell am I going to manage that?

Easy, I'm going to get up and run before someone gets me. And that is exactly what I'm doing right now except for the last part because before I could go anywhere Bakura somehow caught me. Now I'm trapped again. Oh please someone save me. Sarcasm intended. I didn't bother to try and get away because as soon as he lets go then I can just go.

"What the hell do you want now?" I asked annoyed. I have to get out of here.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Hey, isn't it rude to answer a question with a question?" I said just for the hell of it. He just glared at me. Oh, I'm so scared.

"Fine. What the hell do you think I was doing?" I said.

"It looked to me like you were running."

"Oh how observant of you mister obvious." Okay I think I'm going over the line here but my mouth is running away from my mind at the moment. "You wanna know why I was running? Well it's because I didn't want you to find my heap of worthless carcass on the floor after I just fell down the steps! And besides, it's not of your goddamn business on what the hell I'm doing. Now move the hell out of my way so I can leave, cool off, and finally jump off a cliff and die happy!"

I wasn't aware of what I was saying until I finally did a mental recap. Oh shit, I keep slipping up. If this keeps up I might be alive at the end of this all. I should do something un-suicidal like. Oh wait, I know. I sighed and hugged him.

"I'm sorry Bakura. My head just hurts," I said, "I just need to-"

I felt him shove me back. I knew he didn't mean for it but I fell backwards to the floor scraping my arms on the broken bottle pieces. Oh well he could blame himself because he's the one who made me cut myself. Then I saw why, Taki was there. She might think something else is going on. If he didn't want me to then why the hell didn't he tell me not to in the first place?

"What the hell are you thinking Ryou?" he said. I looked up at him to see some hatred and concern and a plea to keep everything from going on. Oh I see how it is. Jerk! Fine he wants to play it that way, then we'll play it that way.

I stood up. I was aware of the pain of glass digging into my skin but I didn't mind it. Blood was dripping from my arms. I backhanded him and some blood got on his face. Oops silly me, did I make a mess? I felt a punch land in my direction. I fell on the table. Luckily it was wood so it won't break. You know I heard that when people get mad, they actually tell the truth on how they feel about you. But then they try to say they don't mean it. That is a bunch of bullshit! I lunged at him bringing him to the ground. Now I know how he really feels I can do what the hell I want. I punched him once and glared at him. I made sure to show how much hate I have for him, for what he's doing to me. He reversed our positions and he punched me. He was about to give me another one but Taki intervened.

"Bakura stop!" she said taking a hold of his arm. Now she's crying. How many times has that happened? I felt Bakura get off me. So he stops for her and yet when I say it he doesn't and just continues. I need to leave now; I don't care where the hell I am I just want to get out of here. I stood up and walked upstairs. I needed to pack and get an apartment or something even if this is my house. My dad isn't here anyways there's no need to stay when family doesn't want you around. Besides Bakura could always play my part in this family. Dad would probably like him better.

I went in the guest bedroom. I grabbed a duffle bag and put some clothes in. I could hear some talking downstairs. Bakura was probably arguing, I can tell. I heard footsteps on the stairs. Great what does he want now? A knock sounded on the door. I opened it and was surprised to see Taki. Okay what the hell does she want?

"Ryou, you should apologize to Bakura," she said flatly. Well Bakura can just go to heaven for all I care. I thought about my response that I should tell her to give him.

"Hmm…well instead of an apology, why don't you tell him that I wanted to say thank you for almost killing me!" I yelled out that part so that way Bakura could hear it downstairs. If the glass didn't miss, I would've been bleeding profusely right now and would be dead in a matter of only under five minutes. I slammed that door in the bitch's face.

I heard footsteps running up the stairs. Must be Bakura. What's he going to say now, I wonder? Oh give me a lecture on responding like that? Or maybe say go ahead, I don't care if you die? Hmm…that would be unexpected but acceptable. The door slammed open and shut then I felt myself shoved up against the wall.

"Don't get mad, you might cause wrinkles," I said. But he still didn't let go.

"Don't ever say that again," he said harshly glaring in my direction. Oooh, I feel very threatened.

"Oh my bad. I'm sorry, that must be a touchy subject about your face," I stated sarcastically. I'm treading dangerous ground. And I love every mother-fucking minute of it.

"I'm not joking around Ryou."

"Harsh much?"

"Fine then, I don't care!"

Ah, just the line I was eagerly waiting for. I smiled a true smile. So he shouldn't have any guilt left. He could replace me. He's much better then what I could ever be. At least he can have his life now and I can be free from mine. I felt him let go and saw him go out in silence. Taki was standing in the doorway. I just picked up my stuff and left. I double-checked incase I forgot anything. I then remembered the Sennen ring. Forget it. I don't want to be a part of that anymore.

I don't need him.

I will never need anyone again.

I then began to walk towards Yugi's house to see if he got any of his memories back so we could maybe travel together. It was quite a few blocks. He lives far from me. I could get a cab but I think I'll enjoy the rain better. Did I mention that it was raining? Well now you know. I think I might get sick after this. Oh well. Maybe it'll kill me if I get hypothermia.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Haha! I got it done! Wahoo the people rejoice! Hey you know while writing this I was also writing part seven also? Heh. Anyways I've been getting less homework, and they're like so easy for this time in the school year. So I'm trying to post as much as I could! Thanks for your beautiful comments everyone! I enjoy reading them!

Like it? Review!