Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Regret ❯ Chapter VIII: My Forgotten Memories Pt. 2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson Regret

Part VIII: My Forgotten Memories Pt. 2

Yugi's POV

It's so dark. How did I get here?

I was standing in a long, never-ending, dark hallway. I was afraid to be here. I feel like someone's about to jump at me and get me. Though the feeling is somehow welcome. I heard crying as I walked up ahead. I looked to see someone with the same hair color and style I had. Is that Yami? No, Yami never cries. I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey are you oka-" I began but stopped as I saw who it was. I was directly looking at a mirror image of myself. No I don't mean a yami. I noticed I-he stopped crying. He started laughing. What the hell??

"Hi! I haven't seen anyone here before. You're the first contact I had when I was trapped here in the dark hallway," he said.

"Um…how long have you been here?" I asked.

"Oh, I think since I got into that accident where that driver decided to not stop for a pedestrian such as myself. Jerk. He almost killed me." That was around the time I lost my memories. What could this mean?

"Um…who are you?"

"Oh, I have no name. I'm just here for no reason at all. Though I miss the outside world. It gets kinda boring with all these dark rooms and halls. C'mon lets talk."

"Okay."

---------------------------------------------

We went through various rooms looking at images. Images that seem familiar but I never recalled. He said that they were his memories. But wouldn't that mean my memories too? I see myself mostly there. Well us actually. We walked into a different room. This door looked darker than the others.

"I hate this room," he spoke out bitterly.

"Why?" I asked. Somehow I could feel the hatred. They were towards my - no Yami's - friends.

"Because they only liked me when I was available to get something out of. They used me and threw me out. Yami was my replacement. I hate him and them now. I never will forgive them for that. Yami can't make up what he's done to me, especially now. I will never give in to whatever he says now."

"Yami isn't that bad." I commented. He glared at me. Hatred reflected through his eyes. I didn't know what to do.

"You wanna bet on that?" He pushed me through the dark door and closed it behind me. Then like the other rooms images began to flash through my head. But these images… I felt pain all over me. It was like I was there and that was me getting hurt from what life decided to throw at me. I wasn't spared. I wanted them to stop but I couldn't. I clutched my head with my hands and screamed. God they were painful. I briefly heard cracks form around me.

NO!

I fell right into a black hole.

Yami!

I called out mentally.

But as I reached out my hand, no one came and I fell right into the dark abyss of nothingness.

---------------------------------------------

I sat up quickly breathing somewhat unevenly. Everything felt so real. I can't believe I could forget myself like that and my memories and Ryou... I then realized that Yami was there, trying to get me to rest. I resisted and shouted something at him.

"No! Where's Ryou?!" I demanded. I remembered what he said to me yesterday. That little traitor better not have died yet otherwise I'll tell Yami and Bakura to bring him back. With Yami's silence I interpreted it as that Ryou was probably okay and he didn't know where he is. Fine I'll look for him myself. I took out all the machines stuck on me and preceded to dress. Yami tried stopping me but it proved futile for him because he got to me as soon as I was done. I rushed out of the hospital and out on the street with Yami trailing right behind me. I better lose him.

---------------------------------------------

After running for about half an hour I managed to lose him. I sighed in relief. Getting my memories back was a relief. Dammit, why did Ryou have to go and run off somewhere? I rushed out into the open streets. Basically I just had to find him. So I went looking, walking very slow so I could spot him. It was hard trying to stay out of Yami's sight and look for Ryou at the same time. Damn height difference.

Luckily I spotted him. Maybe that was Bakura? No, he's carrying a bag, well enough for a runaway. I ran through the crowd trying to make my way towards him. He was probably crossing the street by now and these people are in my way. I then heard a commotion and everyone stopped walking. I was finally made it to see a car about to run Ryou over. Can you tell how much I hate cars? I ran to him and took his arm. I dragged him out of the way and the car just zoomed by. Just like last time I had to save his ass from getting killed by someone else and not himself.

"Next time you want to kill yourself please, for my sake, do it right," I stated. I heard him gasp and turn around. His face had surprised written all over it. Whooptido I have my memories back and I'm trying to bring you back from reality. Not really…

"Yugi? What are you doing here?" he asked surprised. I smirked.

"Saving your ass. What does it look like?" I answered. He looked at me confused. I thought tears were about to leak out of his eyes. In fact if we switched places I would be acting like that too.

I kneeled down and wrapped my arms around his shoulders from behind him. We stayed like that in the street. I didn't wish to say anything and I know he didn't either. We both then stood up and walked over to the park going in some secluded place so Bakura and Yami wouldn't spot us so easily. Not that I wouldn't enjoy seeing their shocked faces, but hey it's what happens.

"Yugi," Ryou spoke.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I'm glad you're back."

I smiled slightly.

"I'm glad I'm back too."

---------------------------------------------

It was a relief to be back to myself. Though sometimes I lost it because I still had some temporary set backs and had to be sent to the doctor for about another day. I'm lucky it's spring break. I noticed that Yami has been trying to spend time with me. I wonder…is it because he doesn't want me dead so he wouldn't feel guilty or is it because he really does like me and I'm just not there to see it? You people should know exactly which one I'm going to pick.

Right now, it's just Ryou and I hanging out. I didn't care if it was silent but being silent around him wasn't that nerving. I was very surprised when Ryou just pulled out a cigarette and started smoking. That was different. I wondered when he started. He looked at me and smiled.

"I don't know. I just did it. Stress got to me," he answered as if he read my mind, "You want one?" he offered.

"Ah, no that's okay," I answered. I didn't want one of those. They make me cough and hack when I started to and I didn't want to try again.

You know without my memories I realized that I didn't like it. I thought it would be better to forget but Yami still did the same things he did before. He left me alone. The only time I mattered is when I was injured. I guess I have to damage myself a lot in front of him to notice me.

I always wished someone would always be there for me forever. But that's only been a life long dream. Maybe if my parents were still alive then maybe I wouldn't be like this. I wouldn't have to worry about friends I would have them but they're not here. Maybe I'm doing what I'm doing because I was lonely all my life. But I guess this life isn't so bad. Ryou's here.

And besides we made a promise to die together. And it's kinda lonely if you do it yourself. But then I wondered how I got to be like this. As I think of the past I realized it was because I was lonely. And if I was alone then I thought that I shouldn't exist and I should just disappear. I sighed and laid my head on Ryou's lap. He looked at me curiously.

"You know, if the ashes fall on your face you might have some small burn marks," Ryou said. I glanced him with a raised brow.

"Oh? If that happens I'll make sure you get ten times cigarette burns on your face." I retorted. Then we both started laughing.

Yes I prefer this life better. Ryou's there for me and I am for him. We will die together either by suicide or some accident and no one would ever remember we were ever there at all.

Tbc----------------------------------------

Kinshin: I'm sorry I took so long. Well I've decided to make you people decide whether Ryou and Yugi die. So it could be a sad or happy ending!

Ending:

Sad Or Happy

PLZ VOTE!

Like it? Review!