Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Seduction ❯ Unforgiveness and Pain ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters >_<
 
 
Dark Seduction :Chapter 5
 
 
Serenity's lips quivered as the same defeating words Marik spoke loosely tumbled from faintly from them. “The duel…” she breathed, nearly choking on her breath, but quickly regaining it, wheezing for a moment, “…the duel is…over…?”
A low sound escaped her as a violent shudder tore through her frail body and mournfully, the broken girl scrunched her knees upto her chest and hugged her legs.
 
Unconsciously, she began to rock back and forth gently while coping with her loss. But by doing so, the feeling of warmth within her body began to fade and fatal coldness rose in its place. `Where is he…?' she faintly asked herself in her thoughts, too pained to be able to speak. `…Where is my brother…? Where is Joey??'
 
Of course, all of her surrounding thoughts were available to Marik's ears, as he could catch on to every word that bore from her thoughts. Needless to say, he was not very pleased.
 
Bearing witness to her aggrieved thoughts, a deep frown drew across Marik's face and his eyes narrowed as he watched her. `Why is she still defending that worthless fool?' he inwardly growled, `She wanted him to desist in the first place so that I could win the duel! Why is she so torn apart now? ….This is also her doing…. Hmm..' he paused, taking his next thought into consideration as a smile crept its way onto his face. `…Then again, perhaps she doesn't realize that the two of us are as one already. Hahaha…! This was too easy!' He chuckled, then smoothly glided closer to her until he was directly beside her. Grinning darkly, he lead his fingers to comb through her locks and twisted one around his finger, playfully. “There, there, my dear….” He soothed in an alluring tone, kneeling next to her and draping his jagged cape around her shoulders. Eagerly, he slid an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.
 
In contrast, Serenity made no objection or appreciation. Instead, she simply sat there in a slouch with a far-off and distant dead-pan expression.
 
If Marik hadn't known any better, he would have thought she was no longer there. But he could still feel the stream of her consciousness within his mind. It was very faint since she heard the news, but still present.
 
He inwardly chuckled. `Oh what's this? It looks like she's still clinging onto this place. Heheheh. She just can't seem to let me go, can she…? Hahaha…!' Feeling almost flattered, Marik hugged her again, ignoring her frequent shaking and leaned close to whisper in her ear. “Do you enjoy being in my presence, Seren-i-ty…?' he sneered, lightly flicking his tongue across the top of her ear.
 
Not responding to him, but merely the mentioning of her name, her body became instantly still and her head slowly turned to face him.
The two made their first real eye contact ever since that fateful night on the airship.
Marik shifted uncomfortably from the almost dead and depressing gaze in her eyes. So cold, yet they held no hatred for him.
 
Or was that a misinterpretation?
 
Eyeing him blankly for a few more fleeting seconds, Serenity's lips slowly parted as she began to form her words.
 
“…Marik, I can never forgive you for what you have done to me, my brother, my family or my friends…But…” she trailed off, hugging herself tightly as warm tears began to sting the backs of her eyes, “…I'm the one who should never be forgiven…!” she cried, her tears flying from the corners of her eyes and lightly encircling around her, due to the abnormal gravity's spatial levels. “If it wasn't for me and my stupidness, none of this would never have happened! It's my fault that Joey's gone! It's my fault I may never see him again as his goofy self!” she shuddered, then shook her head. “It's my fault, that I wanted you to be victorious in his duel. I wanted you to win Marik. Only you!”
“Why--?!” Marik prompted immediately, without realizing.
“Because I—I couldn't make up my mind in time…” Serenity confessed, sniffling and continuing to cry. “I didn't know if I wanted to be with you or with Joey…I didn't know who I was needed by more, you or him…” Unable to accept her own answer, she sharply adverted her eyes from Marik's bewilderment and stared at the discolored engorged voids of nothingness miles beneath her in the space.
 
“…I…I'm such a heartless and awful person!” she whispered sorrowfully.
Taken aback and extremely baffled by her display, Marik silently watched her as no words could come to mind to be spoken. `She did that….for me…?!' he thought feverishly to himself. ` But that can't be! Unless…---!'
Unsurely, he took a closer look at her and felt something deep within him quiver from the site of her breaking down in front of him. Slowly, his hand reached out to touch her hair and the moment his fingers stroked her moist cheek, he quickly withdrew his hand and moved away from her.
 
Slightly alarmed by his sudden and abrupt embrace, Serenity's cries subsided and she looked to him with wide and confused eyes.
Before she could utter anything, he had already stood to his feet. Turning away from her, he straightened out his cape and the folds on his shirt and then walked away from her.
Pained by his action, but moreso by her tears, Serenity scrambled to her feet and tried to hurry after him, but tripped over her own feet multiple times, she was so emotional distraught. “Marik! Marik wait! Where are you—“
“You've said enough.” He replied coldly. “I'm sending you back. You have no reason to stay here.”
And with the snap of his fingers, Serenity's consciousness left his mind that instant to return to her body.
Feeling her and any attachments she left with him when she came there separate from him, he sighed and placed a clenched hand to his forehead. “…What have I gotten the two of us into, now….”
 
 
-Mel