Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Seduction ❯ Confrontaion Part 1 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
A/N: To Lady Chrystina, I'm sorry I haven't been able to email you. My computer has been giving me constant problems and a system restore fixed some, but lead to more. Before the restore, I couldn't access my email or enter certain secure sites. After the restore, I can get into my email and secure sites, but certain buttons don't work like the `reply' or `compose' buttons. Practically all the java-related buttons, otherwise I would email you these chapters personally first. I'm sorry.
 
Dark Seduction: Chapter 7/ Part 1
 
 
A loud and wheezing gasp was feverishly thrown into the air as Serenity awoke abruptly from her dreams. Her thick locks, now soaked in sweat, draped heavily against her slick skin like drenched wool. Her heartbeat raced unmercifully fast against her chest as her gasps for air ensued as if the air had become thinner with each second that passed. Each breath she took emanated the sensation of pins and needles piercing her chest and it felt as if the complete weight of gravity was pressing her to the floor. But through her pain and suffering, she forced her body to move and stand while desperately clawing at the wall for support.
“Joeeeyy!!!!!!!! M..Mariiiik!!!” her broken and dispirited voice called out in distress. “MARIIK!” she shrieked, demanding an answer from either names. But knowing it was her fault that Joey was gone, all her forlorn form could muster was a silent cry. Her cheeks became stained with tepid trails of tears, her mouth hung open in an empty gape and yet no sound emerged.
Torn, enraged and beyond repair at the moment, Serenity used every ounce of strength that she was aware of to keep herself pressed against the wall to remain standing. After moments of silent mourning, Serenity shut her eyes and let her head fall against the wall, not caring in the least about the pain. Her body began to quiver and shake as another round of tears built up inside of her. And with no one else being around but her, for a split second, she lost all control and let her emotions spark like livewire.
“MARIK!! WHAT DID YOU DO!!!” she screamed at a pitch so high, Marik had to hear her, wherever he was.
“ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!! AHH!!” she shrieked, as a sudden jolt of pain ripping through her head forced her to her knees. “Ahh!!!! It hurts! It hurts stop it!!!!!” she forced out, her worn voice now raspy and dry. “Why…?” she mouthed, “Why…..?”
And as if an answer to her dismay, a mental image of Marik appeared in her mind. It appears he heard her after all.
A dark frown lay deep upon his lips and heavy remorse and disgust lingered heavily in his eyes. Narrowing them, his glare then adverted its attention away from Serenity and he turned his back to her. In a low and barely audible tone, he spoke. “You may follow me if you wish to. I've decided to wait for you…but I will not wait long. You have been warned.”
And in a glowing flash, his image left her mind and her eyes flew open. Her mouth fell open, trying to form words but received none of them from her brain. The trauma had begun to get to her, yet she realized the truth.
Despite the facts that she had indeed betrayed her brother, nearly destroyed her own soul and possibly eradicated any hope of her brother ever trusting or seeing her ever again, Serenity still clung to Marik.
Even though she was the cause of all the pain that her brother suffered, even after all the pain she wrought upon herself, even after stabbing her brother in the back just to have a chance at a forbidden affair out of pure curiosity---
Serenity still wanted more of what she had gotten herself into. She craved more. She needed more. And Marik was the only one to satisfy that overwhelming desire.
Only …Marik…
And, with the regret of hating herself later for her betrayal that she pushed into the hidden depths of her heart, Serenity used all she could to make herself stand to her feet. And little did she know, that she had tapped into using another's power in order to do so. Once standing properly, she stalked the halls, supernaturally sensing and feeling for wherever she thought Marik would be.
 
*
Held deep within the depths of a void of nothingness, the consciousness of a young male echoed throughout the deep space.
`Ungh…Se…ren…ity… Sereni…ty..where…did you …go?'
It was the voice of someone thought to be lost for good. His body no longer needed him, considering he was torn from it. Now, forced to drift aimlessly in a meaningless void, any hopes he ever had were no use to him now. Yet, only one name that was once held very dear to his heart and his being did he call out for. That yearning alone was more than enough to keep his consciousness stable and remotely recognizable. And within that consciousness was the only way he could speak of her…call to her and hope that she'd hear…His precious sister, Serenity…
Only her.
….
But his dear sister….
Was nowhere to be found…and the darkness eagerly claimed his soul once more…
 
*
 
A cold breeze swept over the dueling platform as the epic events from the previous duel had already died down. Silent and forlorn, Marik stood towering over the battered and beaten body of his energetic opponent. His soul had been sent to the shadows, Marik already knew that. But everytime he looked at Joey now, his features twisted in acidic disgust as the image of Serenity and her anger towards the whole situation made itself apparent.
Serenity…
He had no idea what to think or feel towards that girl now. `I should have gotten rid of her and her pathetic sibling together…!' Marik seethed in his mind.' I shouldn't have helped her…in the least... But that's allright…' he continued, `By this time tomorrow, she will no longer need to be concerned with me or my messes ever again…'
And that decision, as heavy-hearted as it was--- was final.
As the platform lowered, frantic cries and pleads for Joey to wake up were heard as those close to him ran to his fallen side.
“Oh my God!!! Joey!! ” Tea shrieked while shaking Joey's body frantically. “Joey wake up! Stop playing around! Wake up!”
“Stop it Tea, he lost the duel!” Tristan retaliated, kneeling down to his friend. “We already know that means he lost his soul… What he needs is a doctor!”
“God…” Tea sighed, biting her lip and looking around for Serenity. “ Where is Serenity??? She must be worried sick!” she continued, worried even more than before. “Did anyone tell her!? Someone had to have!” she accused, eyeing every one of them suspiciously. Eventually her remorseful eyes fell on Marik and met his glare with one of her own.
With a scoff, Marik tossed his cape behind him as he walked past all of them with an air that dared any of them to make a move.
And none of them did—not even Tea. However a sharp and hateful gaze from her stayed latched onto him for a good few seconds before retreating.
Marik felt her hate and her eyes on him, but it didn't bother him in the least. Honestly, he could really care less.
The last thing on his mind was how some sniveling and ungrateful human felt towards him.
But those thoughts caused his mind to veer towards Serenity and he paused.
A light frown was all that passed his lips as he stepped off the platform and made his way elsewhere.
`MARIK!!'
Marik shuddered and nearly lost his balance from the mental screaming of his name. “Serenity…” he groused lowly as the thought of her suddenly caused him to become sick to his stomach. Pushing the distractions aside, he shook his head to clear his thoughts and continued on. But where was he headed?
`MARIIIIK!!!'
Hearing her voice again, Marik coughed violently and clawed at his stomach. `Stop…calling…me…!' he thought in-between feverish coughing fits. `Leave me…alone….!'
And deep within the back of his mind, he could hear laughing and mockery from his other self as if he told him so.
Growling, Marik forced himself to ignore it and gripped his midsection tighter. He needed to get rid of the tension before it ate away at him. With frantic eyes racing, and the sound of his raspy breathing grating his ears, he forcefully pushed himself to get away. He knew Serenity would find him, and when she did, even he was afraid of what the results would be.
His body felt as if it were going to explode if he didn't rid himself of the sickening buildup inside him. Wandering aimlessly in a blind haze, Marik trudged about the duel ship, frequently staggering and bumping against countless walls. The ability to think was temporarily lost to him as all that mattered was to find a cure to alleviate the boiling in his stomach. Soon….quickly….before---
He collapsed…
*
`Marik….' Serenity wheezed in her mind, lightly pressing her palms against the walls and using them as support as she continued through the halls.
`Marik…' she called again, feeling sicker with each passing second she thought his name.
She wanted to innocently ask herself and him what happened up there, even though she already knew the truth. She knew it. But she made herself not believe it until she saw it with her own eyes---again.
Panting vigorously from the pain, she stopped to catch her breath. Slowly, she lifted her heavy head upwards and her glossed eyes squinted from the light. It was dim, but to her it almost felt intense and she quickly turned her head away from it, bringing her irritated eyes to the floor.
It felt as if the room was spinning and that she was the cause of it.
She never knew things would turn out the ways that they had. She wasn't sure what to think or exactly how to go about them.
Fighting back the sudden hot sting of tears in the backs of her eyes, Serenity shut them and reduced her breathing.
`Get a hold of yourself. You can do it…' she thought, her hands balling into fists. `You…can do this…! Come on…!' she coached to herself, trying not to break. `Don't cry…don't shed a tear…Don't you dare!' she shouted inwardly. Moving forwards slightly, she stopped again and gripped the wall tightly. Panting, she lifted her eyes and realized she was halfway leaning against someone's room door. Saying nothing or bothering to find out whose room is was, Serenity struggled to retain composure and continued to make her decrepit way to wherever Marik was. Unbeknownst to her, the room that she had passed was none other than Odion's. And within that room, within his being, something had begun to stir…
*
Hot.
Boiling.
Scorching.
Although his previous staggering hadn't gotten him very far, Marik had luckily collapsed in a vacant hallway right next to a bathroom. The minute his body accepted the new air he was breathing, his form violently shook as the regurgitation of thick bodily fluids erupted from his mouth and acidically stained the floor. His stomach heaved as fluid and substances within his innards continued to disagree with him as more of it became splattered and dappled across the floor.
Not even strong enough to move at first, Marik coughed and stayed on the floor until his own bile almost became dry in his throat.
And then he passed out again.
Moments later, his eyes opened and a low disgusted groan escaped him as he painfully struggled to his knees. Starting to feel sick again, he forced himself to his feet and had to grab ahold of a nearby water fountain before he lost his balance from the immense dizziness. And the instant his hands touched the fountain, his face dipped towards its opening and he harshly pressed the button to have it activate. Cool and refreshing water splashed out of the fountain and was completely devoured by Marik. He needed the water so badly that his mouth completely covered the opening. It almost looked as if he were suckling from a wild animal.
Although he was dousing the despicable fire within him, Marik had begun to feel weaker and weaker.
It was all her doing…. If he had never gotten involved with her in the first place, he would have capture all of their souls and would have been Pharaoh! No one would be able to stop him then!
Yet he allowed his emotions and his greatness to be swayed by one little girl?
One little girl…
What did he see in her?
From the first night she found him in the kitchen impaling fruit with his Millennium Rod, Marik had found her body attractive—from the cute way she stood with both knees slightly bent towards the other--the way her body shivered in fear--how her arms were lightly crossed over her breasts in a way that showed their fullness to him--the way her little mouth quivered as her pink lips were too afraid to grasp any words—and her eyes….those huge fearful green eyes…so full, and terrified yet also curious. She was forbidden in every way, shape and form of the word, yet she was also very inviting in the same sense. And Marik could not pass that up. He loved taking risks when he knew they would be in his favor.
And so, he took her…or attempted to and she declined. He may not have taken her the way he willed, but he had taken something else of hers…something of more, if not of equal value… and that possession was her heart.
Yet he knew she was afraid to admit it. He knew she felt something for him, and he had to admit, playing around with her and her emotions to watch how her body would react was very pleasing to him, but now…the thrill had left him almost completely.
In fact he didn't wish to take advantage of her anymore. Truthfully, he wanted them both to rest, but deep within himself and in his loins, he wanted more…
More…
Pulling away from the fountain, Marik licked his lips in thought, then proceeded to head into the bathroom to wash his face.
*
Making her way into a vacant hallway, by this time, Serenity had mustered enough strength to be able to walk upright without constant wall support. Every few seconds or more, she'd stumble over her own feet or feel a dizzy spell wash over her and she retreated to the walls for help and balance, but other than that, she was feeling better. Well, better on the outside. In her heart she felt continuous twinges and tugs of pain. It felt as if her heart had separated into two different pieces. One piece once belonged to the times spent with her and her brother. The other piece belong to her and someone else. And that someone was very close by, she could feel it.
Calling out for them in a soft voice, Serenity looked around until her foot nearly slipped. Catching herself before she fell face first to the liquid on the floor, Serenity dropped to her knees clutching the wall as her eyes widened at what she saw.
Blood.
There were splotches of blood and other substances everywhere…all over the floor and parts of the wall. Looking to the part of the wall that she held onto to check if she had any of the stuff on her, Serenity returned her eyes to the floor before her when she saw none.
Eyeing the splotches, she followed the sort of trail it left behind and stood to her feet. Whisking her hair out of her mouth and eyes, Serenity walked over to the water fountain and examined it before her eyes fell on the men's bathroom door.
Her lips tightened in a determined line as she prepared herself to walk into bathroom.
Giving the door a light push, she shut her eyes and called in a light voice. “Hello? Marik are you in here? Hello??”
No answer. Only the sound of splashing water was heard, echoing throughout the lavatory. Slightly frowning, she didn't receive an answer and that whomever was in here could be anyone and not who she was looking for, Serenity took it upon herself to venture into the facility. She found herself blinking twice in curiosity everytime she passed a urinal and looked for the sinks. She passed a few mirrors and ignored them as best as she could, not wanting to see how terrible and emotionally battered she looked. But then a moving figure caught her attention from the corner of her eye and she instinctively looked towards a mirror, catching sight of her torn and disheveled form. Only shocked for a second, she trailed her eyes to the upwards corner of the mirror and turned around.
“Marik!”
 
 
Nearing the final chapters
 
-Mel