Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Seduction ❯ Confrontaion Part 2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: It's not lemon and it's not lime. It's just sweet. And the rating still doesn't have to chaaaange!! >=3 The reason for keeping the rating was because the person who requested this story was 12 or a little under. She's probably in her mid teens by now. And Lady Chrystina, I'm not forgetting about you ever. This one's for you too.
 
 
Dark Seduction: Chapter 8/Part 2
 
 
 
Near the back of the bathroom, Marik stood hunched over a sink while letting the water drench his face and rinsing out his mouth. He had been so focused on getting any remnants of the previous event off of him as much as he could that he didn't realize the young girl standing not that far away from him.
Hesitating to make a move, a light hand reached out, then it retreated back to her chest in concern as she watched him. Had he really not seen her? What about those special ways he had of knowing what was going on and who was around? Why weren't those kicking in?
Pondering as to why he didn't see her there, Serenity stood perfectly still, her chest the only movement being made from silent and anxious breathing. `What should I do?' she thought, surprising herself with her sudden meekness. After forcing herself to find this man, NOW was the time to slip back into being timid and mild again???
Serenity shook her head and took a deep breath. She had come all this way…just to see him. And she was going to make sure he knew.
Taking a step closer, the glimmer of an object caught her eye and she kneeled down to fetch it. It was a metal spoon. The thought crossed her mind as to why a spoon was in the men's bathroom, but not giving it another thought, she stood to her feet next to a sink. Spoon tightly in hand, she loudly tapped on the faucets.
*CLANK CLANK CLANK CLA—clinkchink--*
“Oh no I dropped it!” she cried and bent down to pick it up but stopped immediately she felt a shadow fall over her. Daring a slow look up, her heart jumped to her head and she gasped from the sight of Marik—and his hair and face dripping wet.
She felt her face brighten at the sight of him, suddenly forgetting every bad thing they had done together and just reveling in seeing him again.
How confusing was that?
She was confused herself. She wasn't aware of how long she had been smiling or if she really was smiling to begin with. With a nervous look, she placed a few strands of loose hair behind her ear and timidly whispered his name.
“…Marik….?”
“Serenity…..” he responded in a deep and devoid tone. It seemed as if he was a bit unsure of himself around her too.
There was silence throughout the room for a good few seconds before Marik took hold of his cape and briskly wiped his face with it.
Serenity watched him in basked silence but smiled faintly. But that smile soon faded when he turned away from her.
“What do you want…? Do you think the laws don't apply to you and that you can just walk into the men's room whenever you feel like it?” Then his eyes narrowed. Normally, he would insert a snide sexual remark here, but at the moment he wasn't feeling very happy being so close to her right now…
Serenity blinked, expecting another comment, but when she received none, she stood to her feet and dusted herself off. “Marik…I..”
“Get out of here…” he stated coldly.
“Wh-what..?”
“I said…get out of here… Enough trouble has been caused because of you….”
Serenity stopped breathing as she heard this. All she could do was open her mouth, but no sound would emerge. She quivered, managing to find her voice again. “…What…?” she croaked, not believing him. “What are you saying Marik?”
“I'm saying---!” he began, raising his voice, but when he turned to face her, his words trailed off and his tone was lost. Narrowing his eyes, he examined her form. Her knees were still facing the other and her arms and hands were still lightly draped across her chest, her mouth was still concerned as her lips were still parted, but her eyes….they weren't the full and fearful eyes he had once captivated about her. In place of her fear was…something else…
Realizing it, Marik winced for the first time that day and stepped closer to her. Before Serenity could know what was going on, firm hands clasped down on her shoulders. Her frantic and curious eyes met quickly with Marik's as her breath was trapped within her throat.
`What's happening?' she thought, anticipating what he'd do next.
In actuality, it hurt him to be this close to her, to be able to look at her like this. He had already been severely weakened from just the thought of her, so he knew his time spent with her would be short.
But he didn't care about the limitations at this moment.
She was here with him and she wasn't afraid of him anymore. Part of him loved the fear, but the other…
The other…
Inwardly, he shook the thought from his mind. If this kept up he would lose her a lot sooner than he thought. It was true that he wanted to rid himself of her and her presence but only because it was better for her. It would have been much better if her soul as well as the others were trapped in a netherworld someplace, but he knew of the things and mishaps that went on there. And none were too pleasant to even think of, let alone mention.
Sensing that he was in deep and painful thought, Serenity meekly looked up at him and blinked. “Marik…? Marik are you in there…? Marik…?”
He hadn't heard her at first, but was brought from his lingering thoughts by the soft and foreign touch of her hand across his cheek. At first he jumped and nearly startled her, he did it so abruptly. But, with a shake of his head and a quick apology, he took her into his arms and hugged her.
“I'm sorry…”
“…So am I Marik…”
“I should have never let you get involved with this…let alone with myself.”
“I don't care about that…” Serenity confessed, closing her eyes and allowing silent tears to fall “It doesn't matter anymore, I mean we're here together now right?”
“…That is true…”
She sniffled and Marik shuddered as the remembrance of the look on her face while within his sub-conscious. So sad and distant and devoid of all energy. He would never forget that look---a look that he caused her to have towards him and herself.
He would never forgive himself for that.
But she would.
Hugging her tightly, he apologized again. “Don't cry…”
Serenity sniffled again, but this time in surprise and her eyes opened “Huh—wha?”
“Don't cry….” Marik said lowly, below a whisper.
Serenity shivered as an odd twinge in her body caused her stomach to tie into a knot as a warming sensation bloomed within her. Knowing what it was, she gasped and lightly blushed as she pulled herself slightly out of Marik's embrace. The reminder that his other counterpart told to her whisked through her mind.
 
"Be careful of what tastes these lips of yours because you'll never know which ones will be tasted....and which ones will be devoured..."
 
Serenity could feel her face burning up from the remembrance of those words and what they actually meant. And since she knew maybe Marik also -
“Is Something bothering you...?” Marik questioned, bringing her out of her trance. With a slow nod, she lifted her fleeting eyes to him, glancing between his torso, his lips and his eyes. Nervously she bit her lip. “Um…”
With a faint half-frown, Marik shook his head and lightly curled a hesitant finger under her chin. Her eyes widened and lingered within his gaze. “Marik...?”
“…Shh.” He gestured, almost sounding strangely compassionate. “…I already know. We are both in the wrong. We both should be hating the other's guts right now. I aided you in betraying another who was dear to you and because of that…” he trailed off, and before he could make another move, Serenity leaned in close and brushed her lips across his.
He stood there for a moment not sure what to do or think, but he could sense that this was what she wanted, despite the hatred she had, despite the backstabbing, she still wanted him.
Resisting the urge to pull her away from him and leave, Marik slowly closed his eyes and returned her embrace.
Tenderly he cupped her cheek and hugged her with his other arm. Kissing her deeply, forgetting all else, he scooped her into his arms and carried her away.
Leaving his worries behind, the last thing he was going to say to her before she kissed him was: “..I can't stand to be close to you or be with you any longer knowing that. So I'm going to fix it.”
*
Deep within Marik's mind, his other half lay bored and disgusted. With a hand beneath his chin, he sighed and rolled over onto his back.
“What's taking them so long…?” he wondered. Being a part of Marik himself, he knew his counterpart was weakening and that meant that he would soon get the chance to return to being his body's main host again. For how long? He wasn't sure. But what he did know was that Marik's time was going to be up soon thanks to the “helpful” meddling of Serenity. Once she arrived in his mental domain and lead Malik as far as she did, he opened the passage to the main section of Marik's mind. Once that was breeched, Marik would have to take a back seat for a while whenever Malik took over.
And Malik couldn't wait for that. He still had to thank Serenity, however... The time would come for that, he was certain.
Groaning in complete boredom, he pushed himself upto a sitting position and looked upwards. “I wonder what those two are upto…” he spoke to himself and the minute he willed to know, and only because Marik's powers were becoming dramatically weakened, thick swells of clouds encircled around themselves until a display resembling that of a screen appeared.
Watching intently until a picture came into view, Malik got comfortable. But the minute he saw what they were actually upto, he leapt to his feet in shock.
“That…FOOL! He can't really be serious!!!” Then a smug thought crossed his mind. “Then again, this could prove useful into weakening him even more. This will be another tidbit that I will have to thank that girl for…” he smirked, conjuring up a multitude of possible ideas while watching.
*
In a vacant room, further than the rest of them, Marik and Serenity lay wrapped in tangled sheets. Both still engaged in a searing kiss, they held the other eagerly, allowing their hands to roam freely. The two battled for dominance as they did before, but this time Serenity put up more of a challenge and Marik enticingly enjoyed that. Before long, Serenity began to tire of their battling and laid on her back, exposing her neck. Reading her motions precisely, Marik dove for the exposed skin and suckled on it gently. Serenity giggled and squirmed from the odd sensation it created and gingerly took hold of Marik's hands and lead them to her chest. Pausing in his nibbling feast, Marik looked to her with concern wavering in his eyes remembering the last time she stopped him. Before he could even ask, Serenity nodded and replied: “Yes, I'm sure.”
Not knowing what to say for a moment, Marik kissed her lightly on the cheek and another round of giggles rose from Serenity as stray spiky strands of his wild hairstyle tickled her nose.
“Marik…your hair…!” she laughed, reaching up and gliding a hand through it. “It's tickling me…”
“So move it out of the way..” he commented with a smirk as he swiftly rid her of her shirt and kissed the skin that peeked out at him. Needless to say, Serenity's laughter soon subsided into another more pleasurable sound instead.
 
 
Serenity lay beneath Marik and lightly caressed his face as her other hand drew invisible shapes across his back. Strong arms were encircled around her as one held her close as the other draped through her hair.
Lightly gasping, Serenity gripped his back and whispered his name. “…Marik….”
“…Yes…?” he answered lowly, slightly dizzy but focused on her.
Choosing her words carefully, she gazed into his eyes and smiled faintly. “T-this is… my first…”
“I know…” he replied, kissing her softly on the forehead. “I know…” `And it shouldn't be me…' he thought, but pushed that aside and continued making love to her.
 
 
Afterwards, Serenity clung lovingly to Marik's body as she silently slept. Marik on the other hand, was feeling rather restless and weak. Unsure of himself and how much time he had, he eyed Serenity closely. Her breathing was light and long, and her face was delicately composed. Her loose hair that was once matted to her forehead and cheeks was now meticulously framed about her face, enhancing her subdued beauty.
For the first time that day, Marik smiled, but knew that smile nor the moment he had now to observe her elegance would ever be the same again. Closing his eyes, his hand cupped her cheek and he sighed. He was feeling extremely weakened now. With the last fragments of the strength he had left, he gingerly brushed his lips across hers and collapsed atop her body
*
Drip… Drip…
In the distant unknown, a figure stood in a pool of thick crimson liquid as his tears fell and became assimilated with it. Faintly sobbing, he turned to face her direction. `…Serenity…how could you do this …to me…?'
Drip… Drip…
`I thought you loved me…'
And he returned to the hungry darkness once more.
*
“JOEY!” Serenity shrieked, waking up with a start. Panting heavily, she sat up in the bed and feverishly looked around for Marik. `I hope I didn't wake him' she thought, then sighed when she saw him laying next to her. But his back was turned. Finding that rather odd, she instinctively drew the covers upto her shoulders and nudged him. “Marik...?” she called softly.
At first there was no response, then—
A low chuckle rose from his body and slowly he rose to look at her.
The moment her eyes beheld him, Serenity's calm disposition malformed to that of terror. “I-it…Y-you!” she stammered, inching away from him and keeping the sheets close to hide mostly any and all suggestively exposing skin. “Malik…!” she said as if it were a curse.
With a nasal cackle, he neared closer to her and slipped a finger under her chin. His light indigo eyes pierced her very soul as she looked into them.
“Well, I must say I'm rather flattered that you haven't forgotten about me. You've helped me out back there. I should thank you for that…”
 
 
 
~
DUN DUN DUN!!
 
-Mel