Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Seduction ❯ Endgame ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Lady Chrystna and Clyde if you're still out there, watching the progress of this story, it really is coming to an end soon.
I think A finished story will do better than any number of my apologies.
 
And Seichiro, thank you. Thank you. I was losing faith in this story.
And to all of you who read this, thank you as well.
This chapter is short, but at least you know that it's being continued. Everything should be finished in the next chapter.
 
-
 
Dark Seduction
Phase 10
 
 
Tiny trails of a pure and candid liquid glistened as it grazed her cheek.
The cold and icy glare in Malik's eyes wavered between empathy and vindication as he beheld this girl.
Her full viridian eyes began to darken and become glossed with the clear substance of guilt and remorse.
Her pink lips trembled as she continued to form words while she avoided making direct eye contact and led her dejected remorse elsewhere.
Without realizing, her attention began to lead her eyes to the direction of the fallen duelist behind her.
Odion.
 
Malik's words repeated themselves within her mind; causing her tears to fall faster from their futile confinement.
In order for Marik to return, she had to murder Odion in cold blood.
But if she did, then she would be the one to be killed. By Malik.
 
The reason of why was beyond her comprehension. She didn't know that with Odion being unconscious and unresponsive, her beloved Marik would be able to thrive freely.
But once Odion recovered, Marik would be forced away back into the unknown depths of Malik's mind.
 
And if Marik was mysteriously driven away from her and Malik stood in his place, that could only mean one thing.
 
Unfortunately for Serenity, she would find out soon enough.
 
But Malik's decision still remained wrought on her and she squeezed her eyes shut to block out his burning glares and to ignore the sting of pain that wrenched at her heart.
 
Her body shook. She suddenly felt cold. Instinctively, she brought her shivering hands upto her arms and hugged herself.
 
'Such a weak girl...' Malik sneered in his mind. In fact, it wouldn't surprise him if his other half copulated with Serenity just for the heck of it.
 
He knew his dark counterpart felt something for her, but he didn't completely understand why he chose her.
 
But it didn't matter now.
Everything was coming to an end. And he would make sure of it.
 
With an annoyed grunt, he pushed the rounded end of the Millennium rod further against her heck.
 
“Answer me...” he demanded in a patient tone, littered with hints of irritation.
 
Serenity felt a sudden lump in her throat that became almost impossible to swallow.
“I...” she croaked, her eyes gradually fluttering open.
 
And only for a moment, Malik became stunned by her delicate beauty.
But his awe was misinterpreted as sharp disgust and Serenity couldn't control herself any longer.
 
“...I... I can't decide! This is too much pressure!!”Serenity cried, clutching the sides of her head intensely and shaking it. “I just can't kill somebody!”
Malik's eyes softened in slight remorse but it quickly dissolved. He lowered the Millennium item and lightly whispered in her ear: “You already have”
Serenity inhaled sharply.
All the blood drained from the girl's face as her hands and arms suddenly blanched deathly cold.
“…I… Y-you mean …I… ...Oh Joey...!”
With burning tears inflaming her eyes, the truth hit her and reality came crashing down on her—sending her to the floor.
Blocking out all else, Serenity eyes shut as her body collapsed in a heap of tangled hair and and trembling flesh.
 
Immediately, Malik dropped to her side and began to lead a hand to her neck to check her pulse when his next thought caused him to abruptly pull away.
“…I can't reach her now…. She's already slipped through to 'another side'…” His surprise soon became cold smugness. “ Well, it looks like she took the bait ...Maybe now she will see the trouble she's caused…! But in any case, I have a duel to attend to...”
He turned on his heels and prepared to leave, but quickly stopped himself.
 
Before he left the room, he stole a glance back at the darkened form of his fallen comrade.
His eyes narrowed but flecks of determination glinted in them.
“Thank you, my brother...” he uttered. “...for freeing me. And in return, I shall make sure you will always have the same freedom. And I will make sure my dark side will never return again.”
A slight pang of regret pinched at his heart for saying so, after what he put Serenity through.
 
It wasn't his fault she fell for his farce.
With her out of the way and any threats towards Odion gone, Malik could willingly put a end to all his suffering with his final duel against the Pharaoh.
 
He could finally put a final end to his inner suffering from his other self and the dark blood-soaked path he paved.
He could finally reunite with Ishizu and Odion to continue watching the Pharaoh's tomb and continue to keep his secrets safe.
Although Malik once believed he should be the rightful heir to the Pharaoh's inheritance, he could finally admit that it wasn't for him to be bestowed, nor his to take.
 
Seconds later, his name was called to participate in his final duel with the Pharaoh. And after settling his words with the final decisions he had made in his mind, Malik left Odion's room with determined intentions.
 
 
Nestled deeply in a corner of the room in his bed, the darkened figure of the man Malik thought so highly of, stirred.
The name of the young man he respected and cared for like his own flesh and blood, dropped from his devoted lips as he began to rise out of bed..
 
“M-Master Marik...”
 
-Mel
One more chap to go!