Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I am Crimson ❯ What now? ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Look at the other chappies.

Reader Reviews at the end!!!! YAY!

Enjoy!

CHAPTER XII

As the ambulance carried away a recently deceased Jou the others were desperately trying to figure out what the hell had happened. How in the world could Jou's hearts just, explode! It made no sense, and as clueless as Crimson said he was, Yami, Seto and Bakura couldn't be too sure. Yugi had been asleep as far as they knew; too wasted to even think properly, but Crimson was with Jou at his death, it didn't make sense. Yugi had said to trust the white-eyed boy, but how cold they when they knew nothing about the boy?

At the present moment Crimson was talking to the officials, telling them what he knew about the incident. Good thing Yugi was stilled asleep, then they could prepare for the angels reaction to the death of one of his best friends. `It's going to be a long road,' thought Yami who was feeling better from all the alcohol. After all he was a powerful and ancient pharaoh was he not? Although he and the little one did need a rematch.

"I don't like this one bit," Bakura said with a sneer.

"I don't either Tomb Robber, but there's nothing we can do, I promised my light that I would trust this Crimson and I will not go back on my word." Bakura's glare deepened, not only did he not trust this `Crimson,' he did not like how Yugi seemed to be mentally unstable because of his appearance. `Yes, something has been wrong with the little one ever since he came into the picture, some detached emotion that I cannot grasp. Something that is making the Pharaohs light more unstable and confusing then ever before, but what is it? What is this stranger hiding?'

"Don't think too much now Bakura, it's not worth it if Yugi is unwilling to speak of it at the present time."

"Perhaps, but my eyes will continue to watch that one, you can be sure of that!" And with a huff the Tomb Robber left Yami to his own musings.

`So will I Bakura, so will I.'

OOOOOOOOOOO

Crimson felt a pair of crimson eyes on him; he knew that Yami and that silver haired one didn't trust him. Kaiba as well most likely, but he didn't care, not as long as he kept Yugi safe. Though the stunt he pulled with Katsuya was a little more dramatic than he wanted. He had gotten rid of the pest, and that was the important thing, even if he did get a little to carried away.

As the officer asked the last of the questions, the emergency vehicles left the Kaiba mansion driveway and Crimson walked back to the mansion front door, well away from the others. Bakura and Yami's eyes watched him ascend the staircase to where Yugi was sleeping peacefully. Seto was the first person to check on the boy, he did not appreciate the presence of the white-eyed youth but shrugged it off as he looked at the angelic face of Yugi, sleeping soundly.

`Perhaps I was a little too harsh on him,' Crimson thought. He had of course tucked Yugi back into bed when the little one woke up from his `nightmare.' After that he had run quickly down the stairs with the best look of horror he could muster up and told the others of Jou's tragic demise, as subtly as possible of course. `Well, it was amusing at least,' and no more would Katsuya be a threat to his friends' life, ever again.

When Yami, Bakura, and Ryou walked into the room, Crimson knew he was in for another interrogation unless he left as quickly as possible.

"Unfortunately with the terrible circumstances I have things I must do, tell Yugi when he wakes up that I will be back soon." Bakura stepped in Crimson's way as he walked smoothly towards the exit.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me all I need to know," Bakura growled.

"Not now yami, just leave it be."

"Leave it be! One of Yugi's friends just had his fucking heart explode for no reason and you tell me to leave it be?!" Yami ignored Bakura's outrage and walked over to the bed where his light lay, but not without throwing a nasty glance at Crimson, who brushed it off casually. Ryou was trying his best to keep his lover in check, but also wasn't sure of Crimson and how well he was to be trusted, no matter what Yugi had told them.

"I understand that I am a prime suspect in this, and because you have no information on me or my past I am not to be fully trusted. However, I assure you that I would never let harm come to Yugi, and I would never lay a finger on one of his `friends.' So if you don't mind Bakura, there are things I need to do, and as you know nothing about me, it would be wrong of you to place me as guilty until you can prove it. Now kindly get out of my way." Hesitantly the disgruntled Tomb Robber let Crimson pass through the door and disappear out into the hallway.

"Seto? You've been awfully quiet, is everything alright?" Ryou inquired to Seto, who was silently gazing at Yugi. Yami and Bakura looked at the billionaire as well, waiting for a reply.

"I'm just worried about Yugi, he's too kind of a soul, and this will be a lot for him to handle," he looked down and stroked his little lovers soft hand.

"You're right Kaiba, but we will protect our little one in the end," Yami said strongly.

Bakura and Ryou nodded at Seto who smiled lightly in return.

"Come Ryou, we should get some sleep while we can,"

"Okay, we'll see you two later then," Ryou smiled.

"You two can use the guest room across from Mokuba's room, the girls have already settled down." The two silver haired bishis nodded and left the room, although not sure of how well sleep would come.

Kaiba stripped down to his boxers while Yami did the same, then settling down on either side of the little angel, each holding one hand, they drifted off into slumber, no more words were needed.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In a room that was once full of toys and teddy bears was a single plush looking bed, with satin white blankets and pillows made of the softest down one could imagine. The bed stood out like a star in the inky blackness of the universe.

In the middle of the bed was a small figure wrapped up in the warmth of covers. Slowly he opened his amethyst eyes and smiled lazily up at the figure, which approached and sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry," Crimson spoke while running his hand through Yugi's soft locks of hair. "I didn't mean to go that far, I got carried away."

Yugi shook his head softly, "It's okay, and I know how you get, but Jou…"

"He was in it from the beginning Yugi, I had no other choice, you cannot forget about the past now," Yugi sighed.

"I know, but he-,"

"Don't dwell on it little one," came a stern reply from Crimson.

"I'm afraid of what might happen to the others."

"Nothing will happen to them, they love you far too much, and their trust is genuine."

Yugi nodded and shed a couple of tears for the friend he once knew the friend he had loved nonetheless. `I'm sorry Jou, forgive me.' When the boy turned to Crimson he gave a small smile and touched the older teens face lovingly.

"I will endure for you," came the soft voice of Yugi, "be careful please."

Standing up Crimson looked down at the teary eyed boy and closed his eyes, a voiceless agreement between the two was made before Crimson disappeared from the soul room, leaving Yugi to curl up in the covers again.

"Jou, I'm so sorry."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There was a flash of light, then a solid thump of a body hitting the ground, a large knife fell from the killer's right hand, and all was silent in the moonlight park. Kia Motou looked down at the dead man without remorse and sighed. Things were getting more difficult now that Project C had managed to escape. There were more people to kill and more plans to rethink, although he did not expect Project C to come in contact with his little one, perhaps things were not so bad after all.

Kia took one last look at the body and took out his cell phone, then proceeded to make a call.

"Hello? Natsamura? Takiko is dead, everything is taken care of." A deep voice came through the other end of the cell while Kia closed his eyes; the night was far too warm; he'd need a shower.

"Good, then that only leaves Keiko and Akio left to deal with, I trust you can handle that."

"Of course, it will take a day or two to track them down, it seems they've caught on to our plans, but they wont be a problem."

"That's what I expect as well, but I wont take chances, I want them out of the picture as soon as possible."

"And project's C and Y?" There was a hint of sadness at the mention of C and Y in Kia's voice.

"We will move soon, Y should be easy to get as long as C is out of sight, and if he becomes a problem you know what to do-," Kia nodded his head as the phone cut off.

Of course he knew what to do, although it was not something he was looking forward to. `Please Crimson, don't do anything stupid, I don't want to hurt you, it would hurt Yugi too much."

With that the tall dark man left the scene and disappeared into the night.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What was that!?

Who is that man?

Project C and Y? ( I wonder. . .)

Please review!

READER REVIEwS!~

agentpudge: Yes, Jou is dead, and no Crimson was not messing with Yugi. (In a bad way) He's just takes things a little too far. Confusing? I hope I clear it up soon… Thanks for reviewing!

Hiei Dragon Girl: Interesting? SWEET! Thankies!

Squrlie Jack: Hope you liked what happened, and just wait for the rest.

QueenOfGames2: Sort, I know, sorry. . . And I know! Yami needs to step down and aknowledge the fact that Yugi CAN kick his ASS!

SoulDreamer: SWEET! Thankies!

Dark Magician Girl / Hikaru: Jou is a bad dog ne? Well, no more. . .

DaughterofDeath: I did. ^_^

Strega: Crimson is an odd character, but trust me, he would NEVER hurt Yugi intentionally.

setokaba: Oh you'll see and then some! ^_^

ChibiChib: ThankS!

gothatheartholo: Yami huh? I suppose, although Yami will never be as COOL! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! (Cough) Sorry. . .