Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Little Dagger ❯ Reunions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi all!
 
 
Here's the third chap. Hope it's okay.
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
Little Dagger
 
 
Chapter 3 - Reunions
 
 
The girls finished dressing and put their kimonos over their costumes. They were done about 15 minutes before they'd have to be backstage to prepare, so they decided to go find their table and meet some of the guests. Walking out on stage to check out the view, the four younger girls gasped upon seeing the hundreds, possibly thousands, of round tables spread out around the stage.
 
 
Moira spotted Mokuba almost immediately and headed over to him - presumably to find out which table was theirs. Both of them came back to the others and Mokuba said he'd take them to their table.
 
 
“Uh, Mokuba,” said Anna, her curiosity getting the better of her when she saw their table. “There's six places at this table, but there's only five of us.”
 
 
Mokuba just laughed and said, “I know. You'll have another person with you, but I think you'll like him.”
 
 
After that cryptic statement, Mokuba left, with Moira in tow. Brittany spotted a cameraman prepping to tape the event for future viewing and, techie side piqued, she went directly over to start up a conversation. Anzu left the table to check out the view from the floor to the stage.
 
 
Satisfied that the way they had practiced would be sufficient for the stage setup, Anzu returned to their table. Apparently the sixth person had arrived and was in deep conversation with Anna and Corin. His back was to her and he had spiky, deep red-purple hair that immediately earned him the label of `rebel' in her mind…that is, until she heard him speak.
 
 
“So,” said Anna. “I've always wondered: how much gel does it takes to get your hair like that?”
 
 
Always the fashion-conscious one, aren't you? thought Anzu, a smile coming to her face. The man responded; his voice caused her heart to skip a beat and her feet to speed up until she was only a step or two behind the man.
 
 
“None, actually,” he said. “No matter what I do, my hair just looks like this. It maybe genetic, because my grandfather's hair used to look like this.”
 
 
Unable to resist the impulse, Anzu spoke up.
 
 
“Or maybe it skipped a few generations, say to the tune of oh, 5000 years or so?”
 
 
The man froze for a split second, leapt out of his chair, and turned around.
 
 
“Anzu?” he said, his voice tentative, as if he wasn't sure it was her.
 
 
She smiled at him. “Hey Yuugi.”
 
 
“ANZU!!” he cried and the next thing she knew, she was in his arms and he was laughing.
 
 
The years they had spent apart had been good to him; their senior year of high school he had hit a growth spurt that raised himself up to Anzu's height. Well, including his hair. But he had gained some muscle lately, letting his slender frame fill out his tuxedo very nicely, in Anzu's opinion.
 
 
Finally pulling back to look at her, he asked, “What're you doin' here?”
 
 
Pulling out of his grasp slightly, she gestured to the girls sitting at the table. “These are my girls; they'll be performing in a few minutes. Speaking of which, you two go grab the others and get backstage. You only have about five minutes.”
 
 
Anna and Corin said good-bye to Yuugi, then went backstage, gathering a reluctant Moira and Brittany along the way.
 
 
Yuugi sat back down and pulled Anzu into the chair next to him, grinning the whole time. “So, tell me - what's been going on with you?” he said, his smile telling her how glad he was to see her. Anzu paled ever so slightly.
 
 
“Been going on?” she echoed. “What do you mean?”
 
 
“Just things. Like how your school is doing,” he said, evidently not noticing her slight change in color.
 
 
“Oh,” she said, relaxing a bit. “It's doing great! We have about thirty students, including the girls, and we're getting ready to start a few new classes.”
 
 
“Wow,” he said. “Are there any guys? Or are they all girls?”
 
 
Anzu laughed. “No, there aren't any guys right now, though that could be changing soon.” Yuugi looked at her, confusion evident on his face. She laughed again before answering him.
 
 
“Mokuba was flirting with the oldest of my girls, Moira, earlier this evening - and she was flirting right back at him.” Yuugi was the one to start the laughter this time, his tenor joining Anzu's alto.
 
 
Anzu stopped laughing long enough to say, “Can you imagine the look on Seto's face if his little brother hooked up with one of my dance students?”
 
 
She looked at Yuugi and both of them busted out laughing yet again.
 
 
Yuugi and Anzu's laughter was interrupted when a person walked on stage and, as all heads turned in that direction, they could see that it was Croquet, Maximillion Pegasus' right-hand man. They looked at each other in confusion.
 
 
“I thought this was Kaiba's deal,” whispered Yuugi.
 
 
“Same here,” said Anzu. Croquet cleared his throat to gain the attention of the last few people before speaking.
 
 
“Ahem. Thank you all for attending tonight's gala. The hosts of this event will be making an important announcement after the dinner; right now, the top performers from the Vailo Dance School will perform while your dinners are served.” Croquet left the stage and the lights dimmed.
 
 
The girls slipped out on stage noiselessly, seemingly in concert with the waiters and waitresses who had appeared to bring out the meals. The music started and the dance began.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
The girls finished their dance and took a bow to a round of rousing applause. They retreated backstage, put their kimonos back on, and came back out to their table with Anzu and Yuugi.
 
 
“You did wonderfully!” said Anzu, hugging each of the girls as they made their way around the table to their places. Yuugi agreed and the six dug into their extravagant meals.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
After each table finished their dinners, the waiters and waitresses who had delivered them returned to whisk away the dirtied dishes. Finally the last table had finished and been cleared. All eyes and ears turned to the stage.
 
 
A few seconds passed; someone coughed in the back of the room. Then the curtain parted, allowing the forms of Seto Kaiba and Maximillian Pegasus to pass through. Pegasus spoke first.
 
 
“As you already know, my company, Industrial Illusions, was bought by KaibaCorp sometime ago. Now, however, the joined company of KCI2 has another surprise to spring upon the dueling world. Kaiba-boy?”
 
 
Kaiba took over from there, his typical scowling countenance made even more so by Pegasus' rather, er, bubbly personality.
 
 
“Some of you from the business world may already know this, despite how quiet we've tried to keep it, but KCI2 recently had fifty percent of its shares bought up.”
 
 
A series of shocked gasps was heard throughout the room. Yuugi and Anzu merely looked at each other in surprise again. Kaiba cleared his throat to silence the whispers and continued.
 
 
“This only means that there will be a third person in charge of operations at KCI2.” He turned back to the curtain and a third man emerged.
 
 
Tall, dark-haired, bearded, and dressed impeccably like the other two men, he stepped up to stand in-between Kaiba and Pegasus.
 
 
“This is our new third partner,” said Kaiba, by way of introduction. “Karil Liikos.”
 
 
While the rest of the room politely applauded, Anzu's table was remarkable quiet. Anzu had paled, even more so than before, and this time Yuugi had noticed.
 
 
“Anzu? Are you okay?” She didn't answer and the four girls were looking at each other worriedly.
 
“Anzu?!” said Yuugi, waving his hand in front of her face, trying to get a response from her.
 
 
“Wh-huh?” she said, finally realizing Yuugi was right in front of her.
 
 
“Are you alright?” he asked, concerned.
 
 
“Yes,” she said, though her color hadn't improved much at all.
 
 
“Hey, Yuugi, you have your deck with you, right?” He cocked his head slightly before answering.
 
 
“Yeah, of course I do - you think I wouldn't, coming to a KaibaCorp deal?” Anzu smiled a bit.
 
 
“Good,” she said. “Can you do me a favor and keep Dark Magician close at hand?”
 
 
He reached into his deck and pulled out the said card; showing it to her, he placed it on the very top of the deck and put the deck back in its box on his belt.
 
 
“That good?” he asked, smiling.
 
 
“Yeah,” she said. “I just have a feeling we're going to need it….”
 
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
 
Ok, for the dance, I'll leave it up to your imaginations. The only thing is that it has to incorporates Duel Monsters. And I thought of three possible songs: 1) Every Time We Touch by Cascada, 2) This Animal I've Becomeby Three Days Grace, or 3) Rooftopsby Lost Prophets. I really know diddly-squat about dance except for the Minuet…and DDR.... So, I'm gonna leave the rest up to you.
 
 
Oh, and the new guy - Karil Liikos. It's pronounced `KAY-rillee-COS.' The `k' sound is very hard.
 
So, that's about it, I think. Just please remember to review and lemme know what you think.
 
 
YoukaiLuvr