Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Petals ❯ My Pharaoh ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lotus Petals
Chapter 3: My Pharaoh
 
Waking up the next morning I feel the sensation that I'm rising and falling steadily. Blinking my eyes open I realize quickly that I had curled up by Bakura's side with my skull resting on his chest. Even worse, is his arm encircles my waist securely. The safety radiating off of him soothes me.
 
Too bad it doesn't last longer.
 
I'm shoved off as he startles awake. Only glancing at the fury etched into his features, I try to turn away when he backhands me across the face. Falling onto my back, I only stay there a moment, as he twists the rope from the millennium pendant around his fist. Lifting me off the ground I feel the air slip out of my lungs and not return. Grasping his hand in both of mine I struggle to pry him away from me.
 
In unison we both let go. Breathing heavily I collapse onto the sand. The glare seems to burn holes in me. “What did you think you were doing?”
 
Unable to have amble amount of time to catch my breath, I try to answer him. “I…I don't know…I woke up…with you-you holding me.”
 
“I was not!”
 
Taking a couple more deep gulps of air I launch to my feet.
 
Never in my whole life have I felt this angry…all at being accused of something that deep down I know I wanted.
 
Pulling my arm back I slam my fist into his jaw. The second my knuckles meet his skin I realize that I might just have made a mistake.
 
Sitting up from having fallen backwards he holds his cheek. I fling myself onto my knees in front of him and without thinking I place my fingers over his. I go to move away when his arms wrap around me.
 
Utterly confused, I'm paralyzed. Too scarred to move or even breathe. We stay like this as the seconds tick by…until finally he pushes me away gently and we stare at each other.
 
I copy his motions of standing as he laughs and grins toward me. “I'm impressed…no one has ever stood up to me before.”
 
Smiling in return, “You're still going to take me with you?”
 
“Of course I am.”
 
A genuine smile lights his eyes as we climb onto the horse. As he directs us into the hideout, I'm not surprised at how well hidden the entrance is. Upon entering, I'm shocked at the crowd of thieves in the large circular area. Jumping off the stallion, Bakura leads me to the front of the room where a single seat awaits. A boy with sandy-blonde hair and deep violet eyes waits beside it, “Atemu this is Marik. Marik, this is Atemu.”
 
“That's the Pharaoh how pathetic!”
 
He calls me that but by looking into his eyes I know that it's all a façade to get Bakura to let me go and into his control.
 
“Shut up Marik! I'm taking him to my room where you're to leave him alone, understood?”
 
Nodding sheepishly Marik gives a short wave of the hand. Bakura grabs a hold of my wrist and yanks me to the back room.
 
The enormous stone room astounds me. It's adorned with silks and metals from all over the country, probably even farther than that.
 
He tosses me a pile of cloth and points to a doorway, “Go get clean, I'll be back. But I'll be taking all the jewelry.”
 
Pulling off the bands, anklets, crown, and pendant, I hand them over except Mother's necklace.
 
“I need that too.”
 
“It was my mother's….let me keep it.”
 
Coming out as a statement I'm surprised that he says nothing. I get only a bob of the white mane and he leaves. Sighing happily I go into the next room to wash and dress. Striding out I breathe deep.
 
It's nice to be clean again.
 
Marik idles by the threshold and at the sight of me, he comes closer. I back up against the wall and internally I panic.
 
His body pins me against the stone as I work up the strength to get him away and yell.
 
Such a girly thing to do…but hell…if it works it works.
 
About to wail, my voice disintegrates as his lips smash into mine. The brutality causes me to almost suffocate since I refuse to part my lips for this evil man.
 
Where is that Bakura?
 
Marik is yanked away from me as Bakura pushes him out, “Get out! Don't ever touch my Pharaoh again!”
 
Whimpering at the cruelty that these men have, I slide down to the ground. Staring straight ahead I almost want to cry.
 
I want to be with Mother and Father again. I'm not ready for this world. I just don't know anything. I'm only a boy.
 
Bakura kneels down next to me. All the built up emotions inside of me explode from the bottles I kept them in. I fall into his embrace with my head on his chest. In his arms I feel secure and un-weighted by all the pressures that had always tormented me.
 
Looking up I see that his features have softened considerably from his previous anger. “So I'm your pharaoh?”
 
Leaning his forehead against mine, he smiles, “Yes…all mine.”