Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Petals ❯ In Good Time ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lotus PetalsChapter 4: In Good Time

Bakura stands and helps me to my feet. “I’ll go get us some food.”

He leaves and I lay down on the bed. Facing away from the door I close my eyes and relax while the silence settles around me.

The only sign I get is the dip in the bed before fingers race up and down along the sides of my stomach as he plants himself on my legs. Laughter flows from my lips so hard that tears leak out the corners of my eyes. Breathless I plead, “Please, stop?”

Getting our breathing under control I blink the tears away. Bakura rolls off of me with his cheeks flushed. Smirking I roll over so that I take the place on top of him.

Throwing all ethics and morals away I lean down and lock lips with him. I pull away immediately realizing that he may not have wanted me to do that. Lying on my back, Bakura plants kisses along the side of my neck. Because of my sensitive neck I tremble and moan underneath his touch. Returning to my mouth he licks my bottom lip, begging for entrance, which I eagerly grant.

Finally removing himself from me he reaches over and grabs a hunk of fruit. "Eat up."

I take the sweet fruit and drink down the nectar eagerly. Lieing down I drift into sleep while lying I his arms.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Yawning as I open my eyes, I don't feel cold, only the consistent beat of Bakura's heart and the strength of his arms around me.

Falling in love shouldn't be this fast. But I'm sure he wouldn't call this love even if I did. I'm probably just a simple little petal from a lotus floating in the breeze that he happened to catch. Not too long from now I'll be just another dried up one dropped and crushed into the desert sand.

I smile up at him, grateful of the affection now matter how long that it lasts, "Good morning."

"Good morning...Come on let us get up."

Groaning playfully, I still get up as he hands me a pair of black pants and a simple white tunic. Dressed in the same attire he throws a blood red coat over it. Bakura leads me to the main room and over to his designated chair at the head of the room. As he takes a seat I'm motioned to do the same, so I sit on the arm of the stone.

Marik storms over to us and glares at me in particular, "Bakura, why don't you have a collar on him?!"

Bakura smirks at the raging blonde, "I don't need one, unlike you."

Just as he opens his mouth to retort, a fellow thief bursts into the room screaming, "The Palace Guards are here!"

Bakura jumps up and grasps my hand in his. I'm lead to the back near his room but instead we go through the threshold across from it. It's a barren room with nothing but shadows. Turning to the rear wall he taps on it to reveal the crumbling bricks and a horse waiting for our getaway. Hurtling upward into the air, we both settle ourselves onto the mare before it darts into the desert.

Not long after leaving I glance over Bakura's shoulder to see Seto and Mahado coming up behind us. Mahado already has summoned Black Magician as the creature soars beside them. It glows green and gives me no chance to warn Bakura of the intention.

The horses legs are pulled out from under it and the spell slams straight Bakura's mid-back. I hit the sand with a harsh thrashing while Bakura tumbles beside me, unconscious.

Seto and Mahado ride up in front of me and simultaneously climb off their horses. Mahado assists me to get me to stand while Seto unsheathes his sword and holds it above Bakura.

Not completely sure why, I shove Mahado away and tackle Seto to the ground. Rolling up to my feet I snatch up the sword and poise it at Seto's throat. "Leave him alone."

"A-Atemu?" he asks softly.

I turn back to Mahado, "Let's go...Now!" Getting on a horse, Mahado settles on behind me. Seto stubbornly returns to his and keeps his mouth shut.

Our ride is silent and the second that we arrive at the palace I rush straightly to my room. I do go to eat dinner but only to pick at my food before returning to my isolated room. Which is when someone knocks on my door. "Come in..."

Seto walks hesitantly inside and closes the door behind him. As he comes over to me I turn away from him to show that I don't care to speak with him. Hearing him sigh I take it as a sign of retreat.

Glancing back at him, I'm forcefully swiveled around to face him. Seto places his hand gently on my shoulder. "Please listen...I'm sorry for what I did but...he kidnapped you Cousin! What did you want me to do?"

I reduce my eyes to slits, "No one understands what it's like to be me. I don't want to be trapped up in this prison all my life, adorned with riches I don't care for. I have no friends or any knowledge of the outside world. That 'damned thief' as you call him is the best thing that has happened to me...can't you understand that Seto?"

Looking down at me with dull blue eyes I know for a fact that his had bore him and left him alone in the world, completely alone, more times than I could count. He does understand...but only to an extent. He wanted this life...I don't.

"I'll help you." Seeing the confusion on my face he chuckles lightly, "I know for a fact that the famous King of Thieves will come back for you. So when he comes I'll simply indirectly tell him where you can be found. Even if I think you're acting like you're love drunk."

For the third time in my life I embrace my cousin and turn my eyes up to him, "What about everyone else? What about Mahado?"

Seto sighs, "Mahado was the one who convinced me of this...decision..."

I let him go and retreat to the peaceful amazement of dreaming.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

An agonizing month has passed and I know that Bakura will be coming today. I only am privileged of this information for I've been eavesdropping on the priests every few nights. They say the rumor is that he's coming. Seto had also come to tell me the rest of the details. So...I faked sick this morning.

Yet I still slept all day long and even missed the servant that came in to bring my dinner. So I leave the food untouched as I lie on the bed with the pillow over my head to block any disturbances.

Yet sadly...a pillow is known to be a horrible shield...or weapon.