Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Teenage Saga: Koe ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

22 Teenage Saga: Koe.
oOo
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine, so do not sue me.
oOo
Review replies:
Gods, how wonderful everyone loves the idea Ryou and Bakura will visit Holland. Yay, makes me very happy. I hope this will be good. Though I do not talk much about clogs, drugs and windmills … there are cows in it! And some Dutch. If things are not clear, please ask me.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
“Are we there yet?”
“No.”
“And now?”
Can a spirit possible be more annoying than this? I think not. I counted his `are we there yet's, but I stopped when he asked it more than 250 times. Hmmm, and we still didn't arrive in `Hoek van Holland' yet. Please let him shut his mouth, else I think I'll jump in the water. Hmmm, scrap that. I hate water. I just kill myself by saying to some peep it's me, number one most wanted boy in England. And nobody expected it was me, since I was wearing a red bandana right now.
You know, Bakura even bought 7 bandana's back in England, before we entered a boat, everyday a new one. Boy, am I lucky. Today red. Tomorrow blue. Day after tomorrow, yellow. Then green, then white, lilac, and at Sunday's a white one again. Great.
“And now?”
“Look, here's a notebook and a crayon. Go draw something.” Bakura immediately grabbed the stuff I was offering him, sat down at a table, and began to draw furiously. It was like giving candy to a little toddler. Now hope nobody will wonder why the crayon could move from itself.
I sighed, and looked to the water again. You know, I once compared myself with water. We're both calm, and carry many mysteries with us. Too bad I cannot make a storm if I get angry of mad, or a hurricane. I can only pout. Like a little child.
You know, though it was begin February, and still early in the morning, it wasn't that cold. Though Bakura seemed to have caught a cold, I was used to the cold temperatures in Winchester, so I didn't notice anything.
“A-CHOO!” I heard Bakura sneeze. Great. Right on his drawing. I don't think he has ever heard of the term `germs', since he always sneezed without covering his mouth.
“Ryou-chan! Lookie-lookie, what I drew for you.” He heard a cheer from behind me. Great. A colorful but germs-infected paper. And a spirit who had way too many sugar today.
“Let me see.” You know, Bakura can be very childish when it comes to draw things. I only act like 5 years old when I wear my pajamas, which is only at night, which is a time nobody can see me doing stupid and baby-like. See, smart me. Has an answer for everything.
“Here! This is you, and this is me!” He waved the paper in front of my face, so I had to grab it, else I couldn't look at it well. Oow boy. I think the blue blur is him, because it has a Ring hanging around his neck, at least, I think the tiny yellow circle is the Ring. That makes the pink blur is me, since there were only 2 blurs and one circle. Now tell me, WHY is Bakura carrying me, bridal-style? Damn. I like him as a friend, but he shouldn't have drawn this for me. Makes me blush again. Hmmm, go away, you evil blush!
“I want you to have it. Then you can hang it above our bed!” Bakura waved with a crayon in the air, not caring if he would poke someone's eye out.
“But tell me, Ryou-chan. When will we arrive at the `Hoek'-thing?” Hmmm, he sure has a thing for not remembering geographic things. Luckily I do. And if I couldn't, we always had my laptop and the precise route.
“It's called `Hoek van Holland', the literal translating is `Corner of Holland'. I think about 10 minutes, since I can see the seaport already.” Never say I didn't study my geography-homework. I know where every big city lies within Europe and further.
“Remember to buy a newspaper if we get there. I wanna see if you're really on the front page. Then we'll have to buy you much more different type of clothes, and perhaps wigs.” Bakura remained serious again. Hmmm, I still didn't decide which side of Bakura I like most. I mean, one time he was acting all innocent, well, as innocent as he can get. The other time he was dead serious, and was planning a perfect crime. Hmmm, I was sort of the same too. One time I was the loner of the school, too shy for telling anything to anyone. With Bakura I acted a bit braver though. I still acted shy, but I spoke full sentences to him, instead of saying just `yes', `no', or `okay'. See, I'm trying.
“Let's wait with everyone else. Standing all alone makes us suspicious.” I watched CSI too, you know. Though I never look TV often, that was one of the series I'd love to watch.
Bakura nodded, stuffed the drawing in my backpack, and together we walked to the crowd. Great. While I entered the most crowded place of the boat, I heard way too many Dutch peeps. Perhaps going back to Japan was a better idea, since I can speak Japanese a lot better than Dutch, French, Italian, Egyptian, or any other languages. Now hope they can understand me, and I'll understand them. It'd always good to know if someone is rumoring about you.
“Ryou-chan! The boat stopped. Did we arrive now?” I heard Bakura ask me, while everyone felt the stop of the boat. No Bakura, we're still sailing, okay. Why else would we stop, if we just arrived in the seaport?
“Yes, we've arrived Holland. Watch your step, though. It's slippery, and I don't know if you're clumsy too.” I warned him, but in the end I was the one who practically fell of the boat when we had to get out. Great. Luckily some men caught me, so I didn't have to swim to the coast. Great beginning of my journey in the rest of Europe.
When we both were off the boat, Bakura immediately wanted to get a newspaper, just for in case I was still on the main page. Please not! Popular is one thing I always wanted to be, but wanted? Well, rather not.
“There's a store who sells them! At least I think it's a store. Perhaps it's a coffee-shop. I don't mind both of them, since I wanna visit them both.” Great. The coffee-shop again. Luckily this was a 100 coffee-free store, and seeing the papers laying in a shelve, I think it they would be selling newspapers.
“Newspapers only, Bakura. Lets buy one, then see if we can go to `Rotterdam' for the rest of the day.” Bakura nodded happily, probably because he was right at the point they sold papers, and dragged me to the store. I still wonder why he always drags me. I can walk by myself, though you wouldn't say, with all my accidents and trips. But that's just a minor detail I'm still working on.
We entered the store, and Bakura immediately pointed at the newspapers. Great; I think we found them. Well, better see if I need something else, before paying a paper. Hmmm, scrap my idea. All things are in Dutch, so magazines are pretty useless here. Well, I think I have to get used to the idea, since there would be a 0 chance they would sell an English magazine in a country where they spoke an entire different language.
Wait, scrap that too. They have English magazines, and ... hey, lookie-lookie. A translation-book for beginners too! Now I could learn Dutch as well ... or now I could understand if someone would say `are you the boy in the news?' in Dutch! Smart me, always think of everything. Well, though I nearly forgot to pack my laptop when we were still on the boat, but that's not my point.
Now, for the newspaper. Hmm, never mind. Bakura was pointed at a paper, where I could see a huge picture of me standing on the main page of it. Great. I feel wanted. Literally.
“I'd like to have this two, please.” I said at the store-keeper, while offering him the newspaper and the translation-book. He smiled at me and said in English, with a terrible accent ringing through it, `it costs 5 Euro'. Hmmm, I won't mention the plural of `Euro' is `Euros'.
After I paid, Bakura pulled me out of the store again, while I studied my new-bought book. Hmmm, now I can say `I have to puke' in Dutch. I feel so lucky.
Outside, again, Bakura sat down on a bank somewhere near the water. He opened the newspaper fully, and studied the page. Then he looked at me again. Figures. He couldn't read a shit of it.
“Let's ask someone around here, since I can't read it too.” I grabbed the paper, immediately receiving a snort from Bakura, and walked to some strange boy with brown hair, except for the bright purple bang in the front of his eyes. He looked quite young, kind of the same age as me, but I was sure he was old enough to translate this article into English.
“Excuse me. Yes, you! I just bought a newspaper, but I found out a little bit too late I cannot read it too well. Can you please tell me who this boy is, since I think I recognize from an earlier accident which happened when I was in London, but I'm not sure.” I pointed at the picture of me. Heh, heh. Thanks, bandana. Else I'd be in troubles right now.
The boy smiled cockily at me, then scratching his purple bang a little bit, before scanning the article fast, then translating most for me.
“You know him! Well, emmm, it says, the boy's name is Ryou Bakoera, he's 15 years old ... emmm, he escaped Winchester, that's a school. Ooh, and yesterday he flew to Florida, which says the police. Do you really know him? I know a police-station in the neighborhood!” What da! He misspelled my name! My very own surname was spelled bloody wrong! Though the cops think I'm in Florida now, and the boy was looking very suspicious at me right now, HE MISSPELLED MY NAME! That's even worse than a crime! My father used that surname back in Japan, and I was proud to get his surname, instead of my mother's one!
“Oh, Well, I heard he took all money from the bank in London, and I saw the boy running, since I visited it yesterday. Though I don't know where he ran to.” Hmmm, I had to make up an excuse, didn't I? Though I doubt my excuse wouldn't have sucked in the first place.
“That's not important. The police already know that. The article says that too, dumb-ass.” He sighed loudly, announcing he thought I was stupid, before giving my newspaper back, and walking off. Well, a `goodbye' was welcome. Nice talking with you. What do peeps have against strangers? I'm always polite to say goodbye, but I never heard a goodbye from anyone else to me.
“Can I keep the picture of you? You look sweet on it.” A white-haired spirit asked me, while snatching the paper away from my hands. Well, thanks for the compliment, but sweet was another word. It was a picture of me the school-photographer took 1 year ago, the most recently picture ever. Snort. I was still very innocent on it, and I was looking over-happily, you know, with huge grin, huge eyes and stuff, since my dad was visiting me.
“Whatever you want. Can we please go and find a bus or some other vehicle? I really wanna go to `Rotterdam', so we can get a hotel-room there for the night.”
“Of course we can, Ryou-chan! Then tomorrow we can travel further to ... emmm, to wherever our next stop is!” Bakura waved exited with the newspaper, and motioned me to follow him. Heh, heh. You know, shall I tell something strange? I feel a lot happier right now. Strange, since every time Bakura feels happy, I feel happy too. Probably has something to do with our friendship.
“Ryou-chan, are you coming or what! I wanna see the world with you!” Bakura was already walking toward some more crowded area, but was repeatedly looking back at me. Hmmm, I'm definitely happier whenever he's acting happy and stuff.
“Coming!” I shouted to Bakura, and followed his trace of torn pieces of the newspaper he was holding. Hmmm, I think he only wants my pic, and let the rest screw in hell. Or, in this situation, on the street. Lucky me, since I'm a 100 nature lover.
I sighed once more, before grabbing all papers of the street, and stuffed them in a nearby waste-basket. I feel helpful right now. Now only mention Bakura he has to stop tearing the paper apart, and throwing it in a waste-basket as well. Although, I don't know if that would've helped. One thing I've learned so far is that spirits are pretty stubborn.
oOOo
 
“Look, Ryou! I see another house!” Bakura shouted happily, while looking outside. He repeatedly poked his fingers against the window, but neither of us mind that. We didn't have to clean the windows of a train if we made them dirty, didn't we? Well, I hope we don't have to, else I can start cleaning now, since I see Bakura's finger-prints all over the window. Great, carrying an over-exited spirit with you is a lot of work, definitely without having any coffee.
“Ryou, I see animals! What are those things anyway?” Bakura poked a finger in my arm, which caused me to jump up. I'm ticklish, so I can't help it! Luckily he didn't poke me in my ribs, because then I would've jumped a few feet higher than this.
“Let me see. Those are called cows, Bakura. There a picture of them in my translation-book too. Just wait a few seconds, then I'll show them to you.” I grabbed the backpack, which was now laying on the ground, and searched a bit in it. Of course this could have been done faster, if some particularly spirit didn't stuff everything he saw in my backpack, so everything was cramped in it, without a logical order.
When I found it, I immediately leafed to page 79. Never say I don't pay attention to things I buy. At the page were the Dutch names of animals, and a picture of a cow on it as well. Peeps didn't really think peeps from abroad wouldn't recognize a cow if they saw one, did they? Don't mention Bakura's reaction, by the way.
“Bakura, see this picture. Emmm, or just look outside if you want to.” I sighed, and sat down again, looking a Bakura. He was now looking outside again, acting childish again. We were probably passing a whole farm, else he would be more interested in me. Wait? Why do I even care! Peeps should also have some time for themselves, not just only for me. Like Bakura. I'm mature enough to say I don't need his attention 24-7. Though it would be nice ... emmm, never mind.
Now, what was the Dutch word for `cow' anyway? We were already in Holland, so why not teaching Bakura some cultural things? Like the Dutch word for cow? Hmmm, bad example. Perhaps the word `lookie-lookie' in Dutch is cooler, though I doubt it exist, since I was pretty much the one who invented that word.
Let me see, it's emmmm ...
“Koe!” There, I found it! And it's a strange word too! ... hey, that rhymes. Koe, too. Heh, heh. I'm so poetic, aren't I?
“Yes?” Bakura looked up from the window, looking curious at me. Wait a second, what on earth is going on!
“What?” What's going on, Bakura! You're acting quite creepy right now.
“You said my name ... sort of ... so ... what's wrong?” I said his name? No, can't be. I only said the word ...
“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Well, much for a mature reaction. But it's so funny! He reacted at the word `cow' in Dutch! Heh, heh. Can I blackmail him with that!
“Hikari, you're getting stranger with the minute. And don't you DARE laugh at me! What's so funny anyway!” Bakura snorted, and sat down next to me. I could see, through the tears which were beginning to form in the corner of my eyes because of my laughing, he was getting quite nervous. Hmmm, strange. I never thought Bakura would get nervous, especially because of some laughing of me.
“Koe! You ... heh, heh ... reacted at the word `Koe'!” Well, perhaps I was getting a little bit carried away, since I was now practically rolling on the floor of the train, failing miserably not to laugh. No shit, Sherlock. I was laughing my head off on the ground of the train. Hmmm, never say I'm not obvious.
“So! What's so funny of calling me `Koe'!” Bakura was twitching his brow in some sort of fury. Hmmm, strange. As far I knew, he never got angry by the things I've ever said or done. And now he's getting angry by such a simple things as `Koe'!
“The word `Koe' means `cow', Bakura. You reacted when I said `cow'!” I snickered some more, but when I saw Bakura's face, which got angrier by the minute, I stopped. Laughing when someone's angry isn't fun. Though the whole `Koe-fact WAS pretty hilarious. Heh, heh.
“Well, then why did you ever mention it!” Bakura put his hands on his hips, and twitched his brow some further. Hmmm, I think he made my laugh go away. Yups, I can't laugh anymore. He made it disappear, because of his mood.
“I wanted to know the translating of the word `cow', and when I found it, you reacted at `Koe', and that's the point I start laughing and snickering and rolling over the floor.” I stated. Very dry. Damn, if Bakura doesn't mention this, I'm in heaven.
“But you hurt people by laughing at mistakes! Like almighty me!” Gosh, can't he sound more mature at these moments? One: He's not almighty. He's just a spirit. Two: Be happy I laugh. I don't laugh often. Only when I'm happy. And I haven't been happy over the past 9 years. Until now! And three: Well, I'm sure there a third reason, but I can't make up one right now.
“Ryou, please be serious about it. It's funny, but laughing your head off by some mistakes people make, can get you into trouble. Especially when some person really wants to be your best friend! Persons like me! You can call me `Koe', but please don't make fun of me. It can hurt people if you do such things.” Hmmm, it all sounded a lot funnier when this all started. But I think he's right. Too bad. But anyway, as he has said ...
“Okay, Koe. I won't make fun of you anymore.” Heh, heh. He said I could call him `Koe', so why not immediately starting with it! Heh, heh. I'm so clever. Though I'll make a note to myself: Never hurt other peeps anymore, especially not Bakura.
“Then start with saying `Bakura'. Ba-Ku-Ra, that's the name. And not `Koe', or `Baku', or `Kura'. Got it!” He crossed his arms, while staring intensely at me. That was pretty scary, though.
“What's with all the nicknames? Did you make your own nicknames in those 9 years?”
“Sort of. I mean, I HAD to know which nicknames I could possible get, and which one I didn't want to have. And these words are now officially not allowed to be said in my neighborhood!” He snorted, and looked outside again.
“I never had nicknames though.” I mumbled a bit, not quite meaning to say this out loud. I still wonder why I ever said this out loud.
“Sure you have!” Bakura looked at me again, and grabbed my hands. Hey, why am I blushing, by the way, “I made plenty of nicknames for you! Like Hikari, Ryou-chan, or just my very bestest best not-helping-friends-outta-snow-and-who-has-a-chush-on-a-locked-up-screaming -lady-who's-named-Cecilia-and-is-a-slut-cuz-she-did-it-with-the-brother-of- Claude-friend. But that's another story. Since you can't remember anything of your childhood, I won't waist time telling it all to you.”
“That's no excuse of not telling me, Bakura. I hate myself for not knowing anything important from my childhood, so don't remind me of that fact. You should already know, since I've told you this before.” I crossed my arms, just like Bakura did a few moments ago. Bakura moved some closer to me, so he was facing me fully. He stared a bit into my eyes, before opening his mouth, finally answering me.
“Ryou, don't hate yourself. I don't know anything of my childhood either, except my time with you. And I don't blame myself for anything. You should do that too, you know.” Wow. That was pretty sweet said of him. Heh, heh. And that sweet boy is my best friend! Wow!
“Thanks. But we should get all out stuff, since I can already see `Rotterdam', so we'll be there within a few moments.” Hmmm, I think I have a thing with ending conversations. I always end something when it gets a little bit too personal. That's just a stupid habit of me, nothing more.
“It's still quite some distance away, as far as I can see. Lets talk some more, before we'll get ready.” Bakura grabbed my wrist, so I couldn't go on with grabbing all our stuff on the floor. That action of him sucked! Let me get my stuff if I want to get everything ready! And I don't wanna talk about my childhood, since it's way too much personal, and emotional.
“I don't wanna talk.” I pouted, but I stopped packing, and sat down next to Bakura again. Immediately I felt two arms around me. Great. Now he wants me to smile again, by hugging me very tight. Heh, heh. Okay, okay! I'll smile!
“You won, I guess.” I smiled at him, and looked in his eyes. Only relief and concern I could discover. Thank god not pithiness. I hate peeps that have pithiness with me. They think I'm too young for understanding problems and stuff like that. Luckily, Bakura isn't part of that line of peeps.
“You think too much. Speak up instead of thinking. Don't pot it up, just let it go. Now, what do you remember from your childhood, if I may ask?” Well, I never expected this. Should I answer it, or `pot it up', like he told me not to do. Hmmmm, I think I've made my choice.
“I can remember I had a good friend, but nothing more. Also I had a babysitter, who had an annoying habit. Stroking my hair, or something along that line. Then, I saved a famous kid, though I forgot who it was. Then I made up with a bully, Jou, and together we attacked out teacher, and then I was transferred to Winchester. For the rest I forgot it all, besides some dumb things, like I ate pancakes on Christmas-morning 9 years ago.” And don't you dare mentioning me I'm a bit strange, since I already know.
“Shall I tell you everything again? Perhaps you can remember it then?” he what? He wasn't angry for not remembering most of my childhood? Wow! That's cool!
“Do you really wanna tell me that?” I asked curious. Hey, perhaps he was just joking around!
“Why would I else mention it? Of course I want to tell it! I would be honored to tell you everything we've done together. Every little detail.”
“That sounds wrong.” Wait ... did I said that out loud? Damn. That wasn't exactly my intention. Nope, not exactly. To be honest, I'm scared of Bakura's reaction. Please don't let him hate me for saying such a thing!
“Now, now. Naughty friend of me. If you wanna think dirty, do it somewhere else. Unless you want to share your very dirty thought, I don't want a boy with a stiff dick on my lap. Even the almighty me can feel imitated sometimes!” WHAT DA FCK!
“I ... didn't ... I did ... didn't ... mean it ... THAT ... way!” I shrieked, wiggled myself off Bakura's lap, and backed away to the other side of the cabin.
“Heh, heh. Hikari, don't be frightened, I was only joking. Don't be afraid, and sit down again. I don't think you were thinking dirty, but if you were, then I don't mind. See, nothing to be afraid of.” Bakura patted the spot next to him, motioning me to sit down again. Hmmm, now figure out what he meant with his last comment `then I don't mind'. Now, THAT'S scary!
“Oow. Okay.” I mumbled, before slowly making my way back to him. Great. Why is he such a good persuader? And why am I a peep who can be persuaded so easily? Humph, life's no fair.
“Hikari, don't be frightened so much. I didn't mean anything dirty with that sentence. And I won't mind that you told me that. Now, if you sit down again, I can start again.” I nodded, and sat down again. He immediately scooped me in his lap, and wrapped his arms around me, starling me first, but after a moment, I didn't mind it anymore. Bakura can be very sweet, if he wants to.
“And I don't mind a stiff dick either.” I heard Bakura whisper into my ears, before he hugged my a bit tighter, completely scaring the daylight out of me. Damn, here I go again.
“WAAAAHHHH!” I shrieked, and ran to the other side of the cabin again. And Bakura, well, he laughed his head off. And no, this wasn't funny!
oOOo
 
“Bakura, I can't speak Dutch well. Only a few sentences learned from my translation-book.” I whispered in Bakura's ear, while he dragged me into a huge hotel. 5 star-hotel of course. Bakura wanted the best for me.
“Then use the damn book for booking a room. I don't mind if you stutter everything in Dutch. As long as we get a cool room, everything is fine by me.” Bakura dragged me into the lobby, to the reservation-desk, or whatever it's called. I'm too nerdy for knowing the exactly word for it, I think.
“Een goede middag, en wat ik voor u betekenen?” I heard the man behind the desk ask. Emmm, now where did I put my book? Oow, there it is!
# Hikari, what does the frickin man say! # Bakura mumbled in my mind. Well, as far as I know, I haven't got a clue!
“Emmm ...”Okay, here goes nothing. This, with my very best Dutch -Bakura gave me a thumb-up. I CAN DO THIS ... well, I hope I can do this!- , “Ik wil graag een kamer huren voor twee personen, een éénpersoonsbed, roomservice, uitzicht op het zuiden, voor één dag, een dure kamer graag, en ik draag mijn spullen zelf wel.”
Damn. I sucked.
# WHAT DA FUCK did you just say! #
- Same thing as I said while I was in London. `I want a room for 2 peeps, double bed, room-service, view on South, for 1 day, expensive room, and I'll carry my stuff myself.' But I sucked!
# Hikari ... SHUT UP! #
“Hier is uw kamer”. I heard the man say, while he pointed at a door. I guess he's saying this is our room. Well, I hope he is.
“Arigatou ... emm, I mean thanks ... emm, mean -common book of mine, where did I see that word ...- dank u wel.” I smiled at the man in response, before opening the door to my room. Hmmmpf, the room in London was better. I forgot to ask a mini-fridge. Damn, means no cooling for my soda.
“Ryou, put off the bandana. I wanna take a pic of you here.” Bakura grabbed my backpack, opened it, turned it upside-down, so everything fell out of it, and searched, until he found the stupid camera.
“Don't pout, I wanna take another pic of you. Sit down on the bed, and put the bandana off!” Okay, okay. I'm going already! Geez Bakura, calm down for a sec!
“Okay.” I sat down on the bed, put the stupid bandana off, and smiled sarcastically at him.
“Emmm, I've changed my mind. Don't wanna have a pic of the room. Perhaps tomorrow, or at night. Or in the shower, dunno. But this is too boring.” I breathed out of relief, but before I knew Bakura did take a picture of me in the room. Damn him. No, damn me, for believing every word he says!
“Gomen, Ryou-chan, but I couldn't let the opportunity pass! You look SO kawaii! OOWW! Don't go pouting!” Bakura suddenly saddened his face, so I immediately stopped pouting at him. Strange. Just strange.
“There, that's better already.” And he took another picture of me. Damn.
“Now, I think it's better for us to stay here for the rest of the day, unless you're dying to see this dumb city. I don't mind, as long as I can be with you.” Bakura threw the photo-camera at the nearest table -I immediately let out a GREAT sigh- and let himself fall in the bed next to me. He closed his eyes for a mere second, then looked up to my face.
“Decided yet, Ryou?” I coloured red. Oops.
“I emmm ... I-I ...-
“Ryou, why on earth are you feeling uncomfortable right now? Are you too stressed up because of the accident in the train earlier? Or because you're wanted? We can always go to the sauna or whatever to relax. Like I said before, I don't mind.” Geez. How nice of him. Too bad I don't actually believe it all. Well, there's only one way to find out if he's speaking the truth.
“I wanna stay here with you, and sleep a bit.” Now only hope he doesn't think that means I wanna sleep with him in the same bed, since well ... that was something I'd like to do now. Heh, heh. Great. I'm sounding so dirty right now! But I'm always cold when I sleep in a hotel, that's why the thought of Bakura and me sleeping together in the same bed sounded so good.
“Fine by me. Should I sleep with you or keep up my guard and go meditating and warn you in case the cops found out you're staying here, so they can take you back to your lovely roommate Keith-dude, so he can abuse you again?” Hmmm, the second option is appealing much more to me ...
“I-I'll go f-for t-the first op-option.” I whispered unsure. No. Make that VERY unsure! My head was red as a beet, while I was nearly stuttering the almost inaudible words. But he DID hear it in the end. Damn. Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea after all.
“That's great, Ryou-chan! I'll go search for your Pj's, then we can sleep!” He smiled widely, already standing up to get my backpack. When he finally figured out he already threw everything out of the backpack, he kneeled down, and searched between all out stuff for my Pj's. How nice. Nope, this time no irony.
“Got them, Ryou-chan!” He crawled over to our bed, and pulled himself on it. There he gave me my Pj's, which I grabbed thankfully, before standing up.
“Emmm, what are you doing?” I heard him question me, while I was walking forward to the bathroom.
“Changing.”
“You can always change here. It's not like you have something I've never seen before.” Emmm. Go away, you mean blush! It's just a BOY, who says this! Not some girl, who already figurative undresses you with just her bare eyes. I'm no GAY!
“Emmm ... y-yeah ... y-your right ... heh, heh.” Damn. If I actually say `heh, heh' our loud, that means I'm feeling very uncomfortable, and I completely disagree with the thing I've said before the `heh, heh'.
I slowly made my way back to the bed, where I undid the buttons of my jack. Great. What a start. Hmmm, and all Bakura can do is watch me intensely! He's just as worse as all the girls who could figuratively undress me with their bare eyes, when I was still in Winchester, and ten years old. Little time after that, they realized I was boring and strange, so they didn't undress me anymore. Hmmm, that sounded wrong!
“This day, Ryou.” Bakura spoke up, when I put off my socks. So much for the undressing. Perhaps I can also sleep with all my clothes on! Yeah, that would be an idea.
“It's pretty cold, Bakura ... I think I'll keep my clothes on.” I sat down on the bed, but jumped off it when I felt Bakura's arms around me.
“You've GOT to be kidding, Ryou! It's hot in here, so if you won't undress yourself, I'll do it for you!” Bakura's brow twitched a bit, probably meaning he was getting angry. Great. I've screwed up.
“But I-I ... I ... ” Ow great ... I'm starting to cry if Bakura keeps on doing things like this!
“Ryou, get a life. I was just kidding, okay!” Bakura patted to a spot next to him, but I stayed where I was.
“If you won't sit down, I can't help you undress. Now, sit down, Ryou.” Bakura smirked at me, before I found me voice back, and probably yelled so loud half of the hotel could hear it.
“I ... I'm SCARED!” Damn. Sob, sob. I'm now officially a nitwit. A dork. A loser. The most unwanted peep in the world. Wait, that wasn't true. I AM wanted alright. Wanted for getting me in JAIL!
“I-I'm too ugly to undress!” I sobbed, before I feel on my knees, face covered with my hands. I'm really ugly, no offence! I mean, all the boys at my former school thought I was too girlish, yet not girlish enough to actually BE one, while the girls thought I was too un-boyish, yet to ungirlish to be of one normal gender. Most just said I was a transsexual peep, a travestite, or just gay. Which I'm not, by the way! I just haven't met miss. Right for me!
# Fuck # Bakura's mental curse brought me back to the real world. Ow yeah, I was crying. And now Bakura crawled off the bed, and walked to me. Probably to comfort me. I'm so weak.
“You're not ugly, Ryou-chan!” He soothed to me, while holding me lovingly. Lovingly? Strange. But it calmed me down though. I'm such a cry-baby.
“Come on and sit down. Why didn't you tell me you didn't want to undress in front of me?” Yeah. Why didn't I just tell it?
“Now ... I'll wait here, so you can undress in the bathroom. Does that sound better to my sweet little Ryou?” HIS Ryou? Aw well, He has probably meant something else.
“Y-Yeah ... Sorry ... Sorry for my behavior.” I apologized softly, while I rested my head on his chest, feeling already better. Probably because of the fuzzy feeling deep inside me. Hmmm, perhaps it's because I've never hugged peeps before, so my heart always jumps when Bakura's hugs me? Emmm, never mind. Now, where did I put my Pj's?
“Here are your Pj's, Ryou.” Bakura suddenly let go of me, holding my Pj's in front of me. You know, he DOES have a thing for me with knowing when to say certain things. Aw well. Better get undressed.
“Thanks, Bakura.” I gave him a little hug back, before grabbing my Pj's, and running off to the bathroom. That much for the moment. I took one last peek to out bed -seeing Bakura sit patiently, while playing with my new scull-socks-, before actually closing the bathroom-door.
Then I let myself slip on the floor, before crying further. Bakura doesn't have to see how pathetic I am.
oOOo
 
How long did I cry anyway? One minute? 10 perhaps? Hmmm, hopefully not too long. I really don't Bakura to be suspicious. Aw well, better undress.
“Ryou-chan!” When I was squirming into my pants, I heard Bakura knock on the door. Great. I looked in the mirror for just a moment, then looked at the door again. My eyes were red, swollen, and ugly. Great again.
“Can I come in?” No. You can't. Definitely not. N-O. Absolutely not!
“Yeah.” I whispered. Ow, the thrill of being too afraid to actually say the things you want to say.
When Bakura opened the door, I just looked at him. I had still my T-shirt on, by the way. Better show him immediately I cried. I mean, what's the use of hiding it, since we live in the same tiny-winy hotel-room?
“Ryou ... you need a handkerchief? I got one with a cool boat on it, so you can have it.” Bakura smiled slightly at me appearance, before giving me a bundle of a fabric. Ow yeah, the handkerchief with a boat on it. Heh, heh. This helps more than that hug a few moments earlier.
When I held up the handkerchief, showing Bakura the boat on it, I heard a click and saw a bight light. No. Way.
“Bakura!” I squeaked with the rest of my voice, before throwing the handkerchief on the floor. Ow, now I'm mad! No, furious!
“Shall we go to bed, Ryou-chan?” Bakura stuck out his hand, throwing the photo-camera away, though caring it didn't break on its way down. I immediately forgot my anger. I know, I'm such a forgivable peep. I'm too good. Heh, heh. Irony again.
“yeah.” I bucked, grabbed the handkerchief, and dried my tears. Then I walked to Bakura, and hugged him. Dunno where that came from, but I just felt like letting him know I wasn't sad because of his cocky behavior earlier.
“And UP we go!” I heard Bakura cheer happily, and before I knew, I was being lift up in Bakura's arms. Now hold on one second!
“Ladies and Ryou-chan, first arrival, the bathroom-door!” Bakura lifted me up some more, before walking to the door, still opened fully. Then he carried me, in bridal-style -reminding me of the picture he draw this morning on the boat-, through the door, up to the bed in the middle of the other room. Great, it was already dark outside ... means I was in the bathroom for more than an hour!
“And last, but not least, the bed. Ladies, and Ryou-chan, I hope the travel was fuzzy and comfortable, and I'll see you under the sheets!” Bakura cheered, before dropping me on the bed. That much for my flight. Heh, heh. Lol. It WAS funny, though.
“Hold on one more second!” Bakura said, before almost completely undressing himself in front of my eyes. Now that's something I don't see everyday. In the end he was only wearing a shirt and a pair of ... hey, is that my underwear! Yeah, it has to, since Bakura's not the type to buy underwear with a bunny on it! Heh, heh.
“Like what you see, Ryou? Don't go drooling on me, okay?” He said, but as soon as I pointed out at the bunny, he just stuck out his tongue, and slipped next to me under the sheets. I immediately felt has strong arms wrap around me, holding me sweetly. Now that's something I don't FEEL everyday. Lol.
“Go to sleep now, or shatter a bit?”
“Shatter ... only if you want to.”
“Don't care. Now ... I was wondering ... have you ever had a girlfriend?” Where on EARTH did THAT came from! Was he expecting me to say `Yes' or what! Well, news-flash: I'm too girlish to have one!
“No ... not really ... you?” Yeah right. Like he never had a girlfriend ... wait ... he can't be seen by the outside world. Emmm, never mind.
“I don't like girls much ... I ummm ... well ... had a sort of lover though, when I was still in Egypt.” I felt Bakura tense a bit, while answering my question. Hmmm, I must have hit a sensitive spot asking him this!
“You don't have to tell me, Bakura.” I said, hoping Bakura would calm down again. After all, he was kinda killing me by holding me this tight. Not that I mentioned though, I could still breathe a little bit, and it was warm now.
“I know ... so you're gay, right!” Okay. Can I scream now?
“WHAT!” I yelped, before wiggling out if his hug, falling off the bed, then back away in a corner.
“Geez, Ryou. It's nothing to be afraid of! Or to hide ... I just wanna know what type of peeps you like!” Bakura sat up straight, snorting softly, while staring at me.
“Yeah ... but GAY!” I hugged my knees, before continuing to speak.
“Bakura ... Being gay is ... icky. Really. Though I sometimes think it's strange I never ... really liked a girl, but that's no reason to think I'm ... that I'm homosexual! ... Just the thought of it is just icky ... I always learned boys can't love boys in that way. Same for girls ... they just can't!” Wow. I really talked a lot. Hmmm, am I discriminating now? I only told him how I thought about them ... it's not that I hate them or what ... it's just ... I don't feel comfortable between those peeps.
“How do you know boys can't love boys for real! Have you met homosexual peeps before, and did they all tell you they were only gay for sex, and not for the love? Ryou, I know you don't mean it bad, but you can hurt other people's feeling if you tell stuff like that. Besides ... have you ever just CONCIDERED of you liking other boys”
“N-NO! Emmm ... I-I mean ... I just love girls ... y-yeah ...B-besides that ... I can trust you ... so I thought ... I c-could tell it to you?” Damn. My voice is cracking again.
“Come here, Ryou.” Bakura suddenly patted on the spot I was laying a moment earlier. I nodded, barely seen, but stood up in the end, and slowly made my way to the bed again.
When I sat down next to Bakura, He wrapped the sheets around me and him, then hugged me. I dropped my face to his chest, and let it rest there.
“I'm glad you can trust me ... but I DO think you're gay ... I don't mind it though ... not at all. I think everybody should come out for their feeling, else they can turn out to be really unhappily.” He suddenly rested his head upon mine, continuing speaking. No, whispering.
“In old Egypt peeps didn't make a deal of boys loving eachother. Even the Pharaoh had male bed-slaves. Though he had to marry a princes, he loved a simple bed-slave more ... so I really don't see why you make a fuss of it ... I mean ... even I am gay.”
“Yes, but I still think that being gay is absolutely 100 gro- ... you're what?” He's what!
“Emmm ... gay. You didn't know ... I though you figured it out by now! I mean, I checked out almost every male-ass in this city already, and you STILL don't KNOW I'm gay ... Hmmm, you have still great things to learn, my little friend.” Bakura let go of me, lay down, and turned around, so all I could see was his back. Great. Now what!
How on earth should I have known he was gay! He never told me that!
I lay down, still facing Bakura's back. Great. What's the use of a single bed, when Bakura can't keep me warm.
I sighed softly, nuzzling into Bakura's back. No movement. Damn. Perhaps he's already a sleep. And I'm still cold!
“Bakura?” I whispered, tapping his shoulder slowly. And before I knew, Bakura turned around with a huge speed, starling me enormous.
“Baka, you could have ASKED me to hug you while you go to sleep!” He snorted angry, but hugged me alright. I nuzzled into his chest, which was warmer than his back alright.
“Sleep well, Bakura.” I yawned softly, nuzzling some more. Perhaps having a gay friend wasn't as bad as it seemed.
“Sleep well, my little Ryou.” Bakura kissed my forehead, nuzzling into my hair, hugging me a little bit tighter.
I felt myself tense a little bit more than normal, mostly because now I knew Bakura was actually gay. Damn. He was GAY! Gay, as in he liked other men. Hell, he could even like ME in that way ...
And if that was the case, I SHOULD feel intimidated. But why, oh why, can I only feel joy and happiness when I lay in his arms in this way?
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
 
Amy: Note that the word `Koe' is exactly pronounced as the English `Ku' in `Bakura'.