Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Day ❯ Start of Day ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Oh, deary me. Looks like I need to clear the air here. I am Silver Lily, no doubts about that. For those of you who might not know, there is a plagiarist problem underfoot. The Bitch stole one of my stores and called it her own.

But as for some proof to my claims, here it is: This story will go on for quite some time. Little Yumi is going to have some problems at school. Obviously, but it gets quite bad. And she'll here people talking who have Yami as a history teacher from the highschool about his sexuality. She won't understand it, and start to distance herself from Yami. Afteral, the boys she heard are constantly calling their teacher `gross', `sick', and `disgusting.' Poor dear.

But it will all work out in the end. Don't my stories always? Oh, and here's something all of you might want to know: In `The Twelve Days of Christmas,' Yami's next mating stage is to start giving Yuugi gifts that seem horribly random, but have a lot of meaning to him for some reason.

Our poor little Aldar...

Oh, and my yami's name is Jade, who is a male with long, dark brown hair and bright green eyes, and I like blades...and I was shocked when everyone liked the band scene in my story `When It's No Longer Cliche.' I really did like that LeBlanc clarinet I used, but I usually used my Normandy because it was fixed.

I hope that's proof enough. And if it's not, please email me at stardustgal_85@yahoo.com. I'll be happy to answer any questions.



* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Yumi sat very quietly, supressing the urge to fidget constantly. Her new school bag was clutched tightly in her hands as she hugged it to her chest, purple material and gold trim catching the early morning sunlight as it drifted into the car.

Yami sat in silence, keeping his attention directed towards the road in front of him. This would be her first day of school at Domino Elementary.

"Don't worry, Yumi. I know that you'll find a lot of friends here. Just be yourself." Yami made a stab at breaking the tension in the vehicle that, for some reason, felt all too small at the moment. The crimson haired little girl merely nodded her head.

Yumi felt the car slow down, coming to a stop in front of a large, off- white building. Turning off the engine, Yami got out and walked to the other side, opening the door for the little girl.

Getting out, she pushed her back-pack over her shoulder and started to follow Yami to the front entrance. Some poeple were entering and leaving the building, but why students would be leaving was beyond her.

Next to the large double doors, a large sign sat proclaiming: 'Welcome to Domino Elementary School, home of the Tigers! Take a bite out of reading!'

Not exactly sure what that was supposed to mean, she proceeded on.

There were a lot of people inside, milling about from left to right. The little girl noticed some fifth and sixth graders parading around like they owned the school, chatting with their friends and standing in front of lockers that didn't belong to them. Which in all respects, they probably did own the place.

Well, the playground at least.

Yami looked like a giant walking around, most of the children not reaching much further than his waist. Looking behind himself, he reached out a hand for Yumi to take, which she did.

"Your classroom is not too much further, Yumi. Just down this hall. It souldn't be too hard for you to find tomorrow."

Again, she merely nodded.

Inside, her stomach was churning itself into knots. So many people. What would they think of her? Would they laugh at her? Would they sit in little groups and whisper, leaving her out, or even talking about her?

Even at her young age, Yumi knew that her self-esteem had always been low, she just didn't know _why_.

She remembered her old school, where her 'friends' would start talking in hushed voices to each other, then turn around and giggle. They'd look back at her sometimes, giggle, and then start walking faster.

It was always then that they would run.

And Yumi, after not being able to catch up to them and feeling alone and rejected by her peers, would sit on the swings the rest of recess, not talking to anyone. She felt she wasn't good enough to be considered worth talking to by other poeple. That had to be it. They were so nice to their other friends, why else would they not want to talk to her? Bad people weren't nice to others, they were always mean. So, she must not be good enough for a nice person to talk to.

This was never a one time occurance, either. For a while, it would happen acouple times a week. Then every other day, and finally everyday. Then she realized that they didn't want to be around her, so she just stopped talking to them. Never once did they come back to talk to her, to play with her, to be her friend. Not once.

So she secluded herself. Due to this, she was always called the weird one, the quiet one. Nobody ever wanted to play with her, even if she asked. They would always sneer, tell her to go away, that they didn't feel like playing with her at the time.

Which was fine. Actually, it wouldn't have bothered her that much. So some people didn't like her. You can't have everybody as your friend, right?

No, it was the smiles that they would give her later, as she slumped away, or as she was 'ditched' by her 'friends'. That, above all things, always made her want to cry. She always seemed to be more prone to cry than others did.

So yes, all the people, all the noise, the new faces and peering eyes, curious glances at what was supposedly the new kid, since none recocgnized her, she was almost petrified.

It was always harder starting as a new student half-way through the year.

But her mother had always told her to be strong, and so she held her face firm, a little lower than others, but not fixated on the floor, and she took a deep breath when Yami lead her through a small doorway into a brightly decorated classroom.

"Welcome, and who might you be?" A very cheerful voice asked. Yumi looked up, and saw the gentle face of a blonde-haired woman looking at her and Yami with glittering green eyes.

"Miss Aino?" Yami inquired. "Yami Motou." He held out his spare hand for a handshake, which was accepted.

"Of course, Mr. Motou! Gosh, it's been a while since the last meeting. How are your classes coming?"

Yami sighed, but chuckled slightly. "Teenagers these days."

Yumi looked up at the crimson-eyed man questioningly, tugging slightly on his hand. Luckily, he recognized the look of cufusion, almost all too well. "I'm a high school History teacher, Yumi."

"Really?" For some reason, it was almost hard to picture him as a tutor for kids. Then again, high school. She figured then that he probably WOULD be a good authoritive figure. Some of those kids got big. And mean, too.

"Ah, this must be my new student." Miss Aino walked over to Yumi and knelt down beside her, smiling. "Hello Yumi, my name is Miss Aino, and welcome to your new classroom."

"Kon'ni'chiwa Miss Aino," she said softly.

The woman sighed to herself. Soft spoken, gentle, timid. It WAS good that most of the poeple at this school were friendly. At some other place, they might have chewed her up and spit her out without any remorse.

"Well, come with me, your new desk is over here, you can sit next to Kiko, Jon, and Koka.(1)"

Letting go of Yami's hand, Yumi followed and could see that all of the desks were placed in groups of fours, and each one had the owners name written on a yellow sheet of paper, tapped at the top.

Yami came back over, and knelt down to her level like Miss Aino had the moment before. He gave her a reassuring smile, giving her a hug. "I have to go now, have a good day, and Yuugi will be here to pick you up after school at the front entrance."

"Ja," she replied, and as Yami got up and left the room, she took a large breath, trying to calm her tense nerves.

'I sure -hope- this day goes well,' she thought glumly to herself. And she prayed to the only diety that she had ever heard of that her new peers she would be sitting next to wouldn't be all that bad. Maybe they'd even like her? Or at least talk to her?

Hn. Not likely.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Well, all for now. More later. But, just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gone through an experience even remotely like this one? You know, bad friends in elementary school and what not? Poor self-esteem in a new environment? I know I sure have!

(1) Koka is Hawaiian for Scott. Cool, uh?