Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Otogi's Dark Angel ❯ A Rough Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, here's chapter 2. There aren't many Otogi fics out there, well besides yaoi. So I just thought I'd be original and make this fic with an OC pairing. I noticed I'm pretty good about this "write about a minor character" thing what with Broken Spirits, Strength of a Bond, No thanks Dr. Roba and A Call From Beyond...Ok I'll be quiet now, just read the story.............if you dare.

Chapter 2: A Rough Beginning


As class drug on it soon became time for lunch, Otogi is walking around, followed by his cheerleaders who all talk about the seating at lunch.

"Otogi," One of them giggled. “Otogi-kun! Come sit by us at lunch!"

"Huh?" Otogi said as something caught his eye. Kozue was walking around and seemed to be lost.

"Hey there," Otogi said, walking up to Kozue. "I was told to show you around."

"Oh, right." She said coldly. "First off, you can show me where the place is you eat lunch, and because you at least showed my where it was, I'll eat lunch with you."

They walk to the cafeteria and sit down together and begin to eat lunch. Kozue sat a ways from Otogi, being sure to distance herself from him. She ate quietly and had her back tuned slightly to Otogi. She sat there for a while, sipping on her orange juice. He stared at her, or rather at the back of her head.

***A touchy one, isn't she? She doesn't really like to be close to anyone...Very strange...I wonder why...***

"Well, I'm done now." Kozue said as she got up. "Thank you 'Togi or whatever your name is."

"It's Otogi." Otogi corrected her.

"Fine then, Otogi. See you in class." She said as she got up and walked off, leaving Otogi sitting there by himself.

Over on the next table, sat the three cheerleaders. They were instigating on the current situation.

"Did you see that?" The largely built one said to the others. "Can you believe someone would act so rudely to Otogi-kun?! I mean, he was so nice to her and she just got up and walked away, like he didn't even matter!"

"We should do something about her." The other one said looking mischievously at Kozue as she walked out of the door. “She could mean big trouble for us."

****************

School had ended and everyone was hanging out enjoying their usual after school activities. Kozue had bought a fruit drink and had been sipping on it and talking to a classmate.

"Kozue-san!" She heard her name being called.

Kaiba was walking and messing with his new fangled duel disk, in preparations for the Battle City Tournament he was going to hold, in chances of defeating Motou Yugi. He was so involved in what he was doing, he didn't notice that Kozue was in front of him, walking backwards, she turned around and bumped Kaiba's arm, which in turn, bumped her arm, causing the drink to spill and short-circuit the duel disk; giving Kaiba quite a shock. In the repercussion of the shock, Kaiba brought his arm around, in both anger and pain and struck Kozue and she went flying back.

As she flew back, she felt someone catch her before she hit the ground. It was Otogi!

"Hey you all right?" Otogi asked Kozue.

"Unnn.." Kozue mumbled as Otogi let her down gently.

"What kind of man hits defenseless girls?" Otogi asked Kaiba as Kozue got up and brushed her uniform off.

"Well," Kaiba replied with hostility. “She should watch where she goes. Now I have to replace all of the damage done to my duel disk."

"I didn't need your help." Kozue tells Otogi, glaring at him, angry that he was protecting her. Otogi was confused. Kozue began to walk away, Otogi picked up her books from the ground.

"Hey wait!" Otogi cried out.

Kozue stopped and turned around.

"What now?" She asked in a cold voice.

"You dropped these." Otogi said with a slight smile, handing her the books. Kozue snatched the books from his hand and kept walking.

"Not even a thank you!!!" Otogi yelled in a playful voice. “My, what an ungrateful girl you are!!"

Kozue turned her head up and kept going. Anzu, who saw everything walked up to Kozue.

"Are you all right?" Anzu asked, concerned with what she saw.

"I'm fine thanks." Kozue replied simply.

"Oh!" Anzu exclaimed. "Your knee is bleeding."

"Oh," Kazue said looking down at her knee, blood streaming down her leg. " Must've got it when I tried to get up and fell."

"Here." Anzu said, taking her hand. "Let me take you to the nurse. She's probably still around, since the school staff stays a bit after school."

"All right." Kozue agrees.

"That Kaiba," Anzu adds, "What a jerk. It's not like you knew he was behind you."

"Who is Kaiba?" Kozue asked Anzu. " He sure does seem to think he's important."

"He's only the richest kid in school. He owns his own business and he's a major jerk. Trust me; you don't want to know him." Anzu told Kozue as they walked to the nurse's office.   TBC

Please R&R!! Tell me what you think so far! Another chapter is coming!