Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Otogi's Dark Angel ❯ Common Interest ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ok, on to chapter 3, if anyone is even still reading this....

Chapter 3: Common Interest


Anzu sat in the chair of the nurse's office while the nurse tended to Kozue's leg. Anzu began to talk to the harsh, cold student. After the nurse bandaged Kozue's leg, she and Anzu left the school. They began to walk down the sidewalk.

"Why did you move here, Kozue?" Anzu asked, curious as to why someone would move to a small town like Domino.

"Might as well everything I've ever worked for is gone." Kozue replied negatively.

"What do you mean?" Anzu asked, wanting to know what was wrong with Kozue.

"I moved here because I had nothing to live for back where I come from. " Kozue says with a sigh. " I used to sing and dance professionally. It was my only passion, and I was the only one who appreciated it. My parents are in jail, because when I was little, they used to abuse me.."

Kozue trails off and is at the point of tears. Anzu looks at her with a look of concern.

"Anyway," Kozue sighed with happy anime eyes, which soon turned back to normal. " I used to dance, until the troupe I danced for closed. There was only one person funding for it and they passed away, and now...Now that there was no funding, they were forced to close their doors."

"Hey!" Anzu said. " I like dancing too! I want to go to New York to go to their dance school. I'm saving up the money, and I don't know how I'm going to get there, but I will one way or another. Sorry to hear about your parents, though."

"It's all right, I usually don't talk about it much." Kozue smiled, it was the first she had ever smiled since her first day at Domino.

"Since your new here, I'd like to ask you something." Anzu told Kozue.

"What?" Kozue replied in her monotone voice.

"Would you like to hang around with me? We can be friends."

"Sure, " Kozue replies, she is always interested in finding someone who has a common interest. "Oh, and good luck with your dancing career. Hope you don't end up like me."

"Yeah...er...right." Anzu said, really wanting to change the conversation.

"I see you've met Ryouji Otogi, he's new here too."

"Otogi-kun?" Kozue replied as she looked a bit angry and put her head downwards. "Hmpf! He's just a stuck up popular guy who could get anyone he wants."

"Um..Nevermind." Anzu finally said.

"It's fine, Otogi-kun just bothers me a lot. He's always trying to talk to me, or get me to notice him, sometimes he stares at me like he wants to rip my head off. What a weird guy." Kozue said to herself.

"Hey," Anzu finally asked. "Want to get a bite to eat? We can talk about dancing!"

"Oh!" Kozue exclaimed. " Of course! I'm glad I made at least one friend today."

"Me too." Anzu replied happily. "Me too."

There's the end of Chapter 2! More to come!