Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Otogi's Dark Angel ❯ Stand Up For What's Right! ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here we go with chapter 12! *wonders if she should make this fic a little longer* There may be more after this, only one way to tell and that is to write! Remember that I also do requests!! You know, if I end this at 12 chapters, it would be just as long as Unconditional Love...anyway...

Chapter 12: Stand up For What's Right!

"Otogi, she came here to see you duel, even if you didn't like her. she put up with you when you and your cheerleaders picked on her. Even if you made Jounouchi wear the dogsuit and force Yugi to duel against you at the risk of never playing Duel Monsters again, she was there, right by your side and you did not even know it." Anzu told Otogi, hoping this was sinking in. "Just because your a major jerk and treat her the way you do, doesn't mean you can be so mean to her. All she ever did was care about you. "

Anzu crossed her arms and looked very angry at Otogi.

"Don't you think you've crushed her enough? She's crying over you! All you do is ignore her. How can you be so cold!?! Your a terrible person Ryouji Otogi!! You don't deserve someone who is willing to do anything for you! Why don't you stop torturing poor Kozue and tell her you love her too?"

Otogi stared at Anzu for a while, surprised that she had mustered enough anger out of herself to yell at him like that. Jou, Honda and Yugi all stared at her. Kozue continued to look down.

"Aren't you going to defend yourself, Kozue?" She asked, looking at Kozue.

"If he does not like me, then he has the right to his own ways." Kozue told Anzu. " I'll jus go now."

Kozue turns to leave, she walks over to the door, not noticing there were footsteps behind her. As she opened the door, she felt a warm grip on her wrist. The grip was firm, but with enough gentility to let the circulation flow through her arm. Kozue stopped. She felt a warm aura engulf her body. She blushed a bit and her stern frown flipped itself into a parody of a smile. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach. They fluttered around and hit the lining, trying to find a way to escape, but to no avail.

Whoever was behind her moved their head close. she could feel their breath on the back of her neck; it was warm, and it tickled. She could hear faint words come in a whisper in her ear...

"Aishiteru, Kozue-chan."

(I love you, Kozue.)

Kozue seemed to freeze. She turned around, and to her surprise stood Otogi. he was smiling at her, it wasn't his usual smile. There was no arrogance in it, only love and affection: kindness.

"Gomen nasai." (I am very sorry) Otogi told Kozue, with a look of complete honesty in his eyes. "Please forgive me, I was a jerk. I know I haven't been very good to you..."

"Ie, Otogi (No Otogi)." Kozue replied. " I am the one who has been mean to you. I stereotyped you as being a mean jerk, who was arrogant and could have anyone in the entire town of Domino if he wanted, there was only one thing you wanted, and I wouldn't let you have it."

"Iraashi, Kazue," (I am glad you came, Kozue) (A/N: Yeah I'm giving Japanese lessons here. ^_^;) Otogi told her. "Though I was a jerk, you still came to cheer me on. I appreciate it."

Otogi found his hand moving down to Kozue's. Kozue took his hand and held it firmly.

"I'm glad you can finally make it with your Dungeon Dice game." She smiled. Otogi smiled back, they were both so happy together.

Kozue's smiled turned into a frown. She looked at Anzu, who was happy for Kozue, now that she had got together with Otogi, but saddened by the fact that their friendship was cut short because of it.

"Can I still be friends with Anzu and Yugi?" Kozue asked Otogi.

"Sure, we're all friends, right?" Otogi asked.

"Sure." Yugi nodded, happy that things were resolved.

"Maybe.." Jou said. "As long as ya' never EVER make me wear the dog suit and do all dat' stuff again!"

"But you made such a cute little puppy. " Honda joked.

"Do you wanna die!?!" Jou said, pulling up his sleeve, about to pulverize Honda.

Kozue laughed at the two of them argue. Otogi looked at Kozue laughing. It made him smile, Kozue was actually laughing. She was enjoying herself and having fun, and the best part of all, she was no longer the once cold person she used to be.

IT'S NOT THE END!!! THERE WILL BE MORE!! Yep, you heard me right, there is more. What about the friendship with Anzu and how will Otogi and Kozue act now that they have finally made amends? Find out! There's not much more to cover from here. If you would like to see Otogi and Kozue together officially, as in on a date, leave it in the review! If you have any ideas, you can leave those as well!

~Ta Ta~