Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Otogi's Dark Angel ❯ The Power of Friendship ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Here it is...chappie 13!! Not much to say except ENJOY!

Chapter 13: The Power of Friendship


Kozue walked up to Anzu.

"Anzu, this is great! We can still be friends!" Kozue interjected.

"That's great, Kozue!" Anzu beamed. "I hope you and Otogi will get along now that things are straightened out between you."

"Me too." Nodded Kozue. "Domo Arigato! (Thank you)"

Kozue hugged Anzu.

"Mase (Welcome)" Anzu told Kozue as she smiled.

Kozue turned to little Yugi. "Hey, Yugi. I'm glad you didn't have to quit playing Duel Monsters. As much as I love Otogi, I am kind of glad you won."

"Thanks for your support, Kozue. " Yugi told her. " I am glad we can remain friends."

"Me too, Yugi."

Kozue was happy that she did not have to choose between her friends and the one she loved. Now she could still be Anzu's friend and be able to face Otogi at the same time without any repercussion.

Kozue walked up to Jou and Honda. Jou and Honda looked back at her.

"Hi, Jou, Honda...my friends."

"Did ya hear that?" Jou asked Honda. "I'm her friend."

"Well, you can be her friend. I'm her best friend." Honda told Jou.

"No because Anzu is her best friend, ya idiot!!" Jou yelled.

"Then I'm her favorite friend." Honda suggested.

Jou pointed to Otogi.

"That's her BOY friend. I said favorite friend." Honda added.

"I like you both equally." Kozue told them. "You are both very funny and you really know how to make me laugh when I'm feeling down. Your such great friends and I hope to be spending more time with you."

"Us too!" Honda said, happy to make a new friend.

Kozue thanked them for offering their friendship. Otogi stared at her, he finally had the one he loved and the best part of all, she was happy. This made Otogi smile with a joy unlike any he's felt before.

~Otogi's P.O.V~

I stood there as I smiled at my new found friends, and most of all, Kozue. I finally know how you feel. You love me, you do. I can't help but feel the same for you. It doesn't matter to me, none of it...My popularity, my fangirls, my cheerleaders, nothing of that matters to me as long as I have you. That is all I need.

I am glad I could make you smile, Kozue. You need to, you've been so cold over the past time I've known you.

I could see it clearly now, I am a changed person, no longer wanting vengeance on Yugi for the game that is fixing to go global. You beat Pegasus fare and square, as me. I proved to the entire world that I was a jerk, and that was enough to snap me back into reality from whatever fantasy world I was in. Where was my head? Where was my logic?

I've been so childish. Good looks and great skill aren't the only thing that matters. You have to believe in yourself and have heart and courage, Kozue has taught me, through odd ways to not give up on something that seems had to obtain. I kept trying for her; no matter if I was mad or not. I called her a traitor, but I dedicated my Dungeon Dice duel to her. I guess love works in strange ways.

I could not help but smile, for now I was truly happy. I watched Kozue as she joked around with Honda and Jounouchi.

"Well, you did the right thing Otogi." Anzu said as she looked at me. I looked back at her.

"Thanks Anzu." I smiled. " I've learned a lot from Kozue."

"I think we all have. As her best friend I would like to say that I have as well. I learned that no matter how tough it gets, even if it feels like the whole world hates you, to move on with your head held high. It WILL get better. She's a very brave person to put up with what she does." Anzu smiled.

I walked over to Kozue and placed my hand gently on her shoulder. She turned around and smiled at me.

"Yes," She beamed.

"Do you think I could...Show you around town again?" I asked gently.

"Sure....Otogi-kun." Kozue said to me.

I was shocked! She called me Otogi-kun! usually she messed up my name and called me Togi, Otogi, Dice Boy or "Hey you!" I really liked when she called me Otogi-kun. I could feel my face warm up a little from the love I felt.

"Otogi-kun, " She said, looking into my eyes. "You are blushing."

I knew I was, but I didn't care. I could hear Honda and Jou doing something along the lines of laughing and making fun of me, but their words and laughter was fuzzy.

"That's not funny." I could hear Anzu yell at them.

Kozue hugged me tightly, and I put my arms around her and I relaxed from my stiffened position. I sank into her, I could feel her heart beating along side of mine. She was so warm and full of love, as was I. I just stood there and enjoyed the moment I had and held it as sacred. This is how our lies would be from now on.

There is more! But I've kinda got Writer's Block. If you have any ideas of where Otogi and Kozue could go on a date, please tell me! Oh, a friend of mine wanted me to recommend her pen name and some of her fics to you all. Her pen name is The demon Rain and a few of her fics are here, she only has two Yu-Gi-Oh fics, but she said she really needed reviews.






Well, I'm done for now. Ja ne everyone and tell me your ideas!!!