Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Say It Like You Mean It ❯ Try and Stop Him ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

More reviews, lol. Hey, Sakura, you're happy that I put you in the last chapter right? If you think you're gonna be in this one too well sorry, too bad! I'm keeping the original characters on a minimum for this chapter! I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, it's characters, blah, blah, blah. Now, on with chapter!

Say It Like You Mean It - chapter 4: Try and Stop Him

Thump . . .thump . . .thump. . . Yugi ran up the stairs as fast as he could when he saw Sugoroku wasn't home. He opened and closed his bedroom door with a slam, not caring about the loud bang it sent echoing through the hall. He then took the chair by his desk and propped it up below the doorknob, letting it act as some sort of barrier for anyone trying to get in.

Yugi threw his backpack onto the floor and unzipped it in a hurry, ripping out school binders and loose pieces of paper during the process. "Come on. . .where is it?" Yugi dumped everything on the floor and finally found what he was looking for. Half smiling, he took the small plastic bottle into his pale hands and lifted it up. He opened it and looked at the contents, several white pills were inside.

"I guess this is it." Yugi muttered to himself as he stared at them with sad amethyst eyes. "Thanks for the early birthday present, Tsuki. You don't know how much these will come in handy. I can finally get the sleep I needed these past few months - a lot of it."

~ * ~

"Yuka! This way!" Yami took the key under the doormat and stuck it into the lock. He pushed the door open a few ways but it suddenly stopped. Seeing the gold-painted chain lock through the crack his anger slowly began to rise. "Yugi? You in here?" Yami called into the game shop's interior. Dead silence followed, making Yuka and Yami extremely concerned. "Yugi! If you're in the house get down here! Yugi!"

"He's not coming down." Yuka replied faintly, rubbing her temples and shutting her eyes closed. "I can feel his presence on the upper floor. He's refusing to come down."

"Well if he won't come down then we'll just have to go up!" Yami put his hand against the door and let a wave of dark energy come forth. The door broke down and fell to the hardwood in several splintered pieces. When the cloud of dust cleared the two rushed inside and looked to the staircase past the shop part of the building. "Let's go, Yuka."

Yuka nodded and followed him up the stairs. Reaching the door on the far right side of the hall Yami banged on it with his fist. "Aibou! If you're in there come out! Please!"

"No way!" A shaken voice called from the other side of the door. "I'm never coming out! Alive at least!"

"What do you mean by `alive'?" Yami struggled with the knob, turning it this way and that, but the door only opened by an inch, showing the chair blocking his way. "Aibou! What are you doing?! Please come out here and talk to me and Yuka!"

"Yuka's with you?" Yugi called from the other side again. "Oh, is she gonna use her `Egyptian powers' to force me out of this?!" He spat at her sarcastically.

Yuka shook her head and tried to look at Yugi through the thin crack in the door. "I wouldn't do that to someone, especially you, Yugi! I do have magic like Yami, but I would NEVER use them to control someone's emotions or actions! Please come out, Yugi." She said quietly. "I won't use my Sphere to make you do anything, just please come out and tell us what you're about to do."

"Alright, if that's what you want. Well, I'm not going to come out of here, or let you guys in, but I will tell you that I'm about to commit suicide."

Yami gasped. "What?! Yugi, don't!" He turned to Yuka frantically, giving her the signal to open the door. Yuka nodded and closed her eyes as the Sphere around her neck began to glow again. The black energy surrounding the golden orb was the same that began to surround the door to Yugi's room. With a sharp cracking sound of the chair's wood Yugi's bedroom door opened slowly, revealing the startled boy trying to hide the pills by putting them back in the bottle.

"Yugi, what is that? Please don't try to tell me that -"

"Shut up, Yami." Yugi spat out harshly as Yami reached out to him with his hand. He took a step back and glared at Yami with cold eyes. "I've had just about enough of this shit you call life. No one wants me to live, they all just wish that I'd fade away. So, I thought that I'd make you all happier by killing myself."

Yami's usually tanned skin began to grow pale as his hikari spoke. He attempted to recollect his thoughts and tried not to speak belligerently like he always did whenever something like this happened. (A/N: ^_^ I like that word, `belligerently'. I learned it from my LA class!) "Yugi, don't be so foolish, so. . . so stubborn. If you try to do this, you'd leave all your friends behind."

"Friends?" Yugi asked sarcastically raising an eyebrow. He threw his head back and laughed at the word. "Friends? Ha! I have no friends! I don't even know the meaning of the word!"

"Yes you do!" Yuka protested from the doorway with a hurt look in her eyes. "You DO have friends, Yugi! You have me, Tsuki, Ceraya, Maiko, Sakura, all of us!" She pointed at Yami and exclaimed, "What about Yami?! He's your friend too! You can't just kill yourself and leave him behind! Both of you are two parts of a whole! One can't live without the other!"

Yugi's hands formed two hard fists by his side. He lowered his head and took in a deep breath. "Be silent, Yuka. I've had enough of your crappy rants. If you talked two times more than you usually do and had a terrible way of being `happy', I'd say you were Anzu."

"Oh that is it!" Yuka shouted, fire now showing in her eyes. She stood up and walked over to Yugi, getting ready to slap his face, not caring if Yami was there to see it or not. "I've had just about enough of your stupid, suicidal talk! I may seem like I can take all this abuse, but my kindness can only go so far! Snap out of it and get your act together!"

"I said SHUT UP!" Yugi dodged Yuka's slap by crouching down low. He got back up swiftly, then, using some focused magic from the Puzzle that he learned to use, he took his own fist and brought it up to Yuka's face. Suddenly blown back by the shadow magic included in the hit, Yuka was flung back into the wall. She hit it hard and fell to the ground before she could use her Sphere to protect herself.

Dead silence followed Yugi's incredible strike. Yuka lay limp against the wall, still breathing, but she was out cold. Yami sensed that she was alright, she was just caught off guard. Taking in a small breath, Yami turned to his angered hikari - it was only him and Yugi now.

. . .*looks at her latest chapter* O_o; Um, ok. . .So, how was it? I really didn't know what to do, I got confused on how to end the chapter. R/R please, I need more reviews to boost my self-confidence. . . *sits in the corner of her room and waits for the reviews to come*