Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Revenge ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sweet Revenge

Summary: After Joey’s girlfriend, Carla dumps him for Seto; Joey stumbles across Ryou being mugged and learns that he’s a girl! Seto can’t stand Carla, but finds Ryou interesting. How does Mai fit into all of this?

Pairings: Seto/Ryou, Hinted; Joey/Mai

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Yu-Gi-Oh! or any character associated. I do own Carla Whitmore. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Female!Ryou. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to. A bit of character bashing on the OC’s behalf and a few swear words, but nothing over the top. Set after Yami is sent to the afterlife, so no Yamis in the story. And Seto goes to school.

AN: Hello everyone. This is my second attempt at writing a Yu-Gi-Oh! Fanfic and my first time writing Female!Ryou. Ryou’s true gender won’t be revealed until a later chapter, so until then, I will obliviously be referring to her as male for now. I was in two minds about what the pairings should be, but after a bit of thought, I decided to pair Ryou with Seto. I find that pairing adorable.

Comments, suggestions and threats are all welcomed; flames, however, will be laughed at. Please don’t be afraid to drop me a review and let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.

-

Seto couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow, wondering what the world was coming to. The Mutt, Joey, had a girlfriend and she wasn’t the first obvious choice. He’d always thought that if the blonde-haired twit actually dated someone it would have been that older blonde woman, Mai, or something.

No, he was dating someone he barely knew, and someone his friends found mildly irritating.

Seto always knew that the Mutt had a few screws loose and the moment he started dating Carla Whitmore, a girl from their home class, confirmed it. They barely knew each other, yet out of the blue, Carla managed to convince Joey that they would be a great couple and have been officially dating for about three weeks now.

While Joey’s friends tried to be tolerant of the new addition to their close group, Seto was not burden with such a thing. Even if, heaven forbid, he was friends with the Mutt, he still wouldn’t be polite to Carla. He couldn’t stand the fouled-mouth, loud attitude, dyed raven-haired with red tips female. She was a rebellious troublemaker, constantly in trouble with the teachers and always shooting off so-called ‘witty’ one-liners.

“If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport,” she would snipe constantly.

Indeed.

He also found her way too intrusive, to blatantly nosy, too...degrading to talk to as she constantly had this haughty tone in her voice.

Sure, Seto himself did as well, but he was the CEO to a very successful business, a billionaire and was only 18 years old, he had every right to be arrogant and haughty. She didn’t.

Another thing that she did that annoyed him was she would constantly seek him out. He didn’t know what gave her the idea that since she was dating Joey; she could speak with him on a casual level.

No one, other than his little brother, called him Seto. He preferred to be known as Kaiba, using his first name was far too formal for anyone he considered beneath him.

And yet, Carla would slink up to him, call him by his first name and then question him about his day as if they were friends or something of that nature. She pushed herself way into his personal space, which he did not like in the slightest.

Of course, he would promptly remind the obnoxious girl of her place and she would run to Joey, crying about how cruel and heartless he was being to her. Of course, that prompted the Mutt to confront him angry, throwing accusations left, right and centre.

Couldn’t the Mutt see that the stupid girl was just using him?

Although he wasn’t sure what she was using him for. Fame? Popularity? To get to someone else, like Yugi, perhaps? He didn’t know, and to be quite frank, he really didn’t care. What those losers choose to do in their spare time had little consequence for him. They could go bungy-jumping without a cord as far as he was concerned...as long as Mokuba wasn’t there.

Sometimes, he wondered why Mokuba like the brat pack so much. Then again, they did help save him a couple of times.

“Seto, you twit, I’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

A shudder of unadulterated disgust raced down Seto’s spine and he quickened his pace, hoping to leave the annoying female from his previous thoughts behind. It was after school and he was hoping to pick Mokuba up, take him home and to get to work without any disruptions. But, alas, he didn’t count on her being a track star with a stubborn personality.

With an expression that spoke of nothing but complete irritation mixed with a sense of anger, Seto turned around to regard the dark-haired young woman, his delicate eyebrow twitching as she drew closer, a somewhat smug, predatory look on her face.

Her long sleek black hair fell over her shoulders to the small of her back, the ends curling into several cute ringlets that were dyed a crimson red in colour. Her bangs were swept to the side and held there with a skull shaped hairclip, partly covering one of her sparkling jade coloured eyes. She claimed that her hair was natural, but Seto found that hard to believe.

Then again, Yugi’s hair was natural, so anything was possible these days.

She wasn’t wearing the mandatory girl’s school uniform; instead, she wore the boy’s school jacket over a pair of black shorts. How she was getting away with not wearing her uniform was beyond him, and the fact that she was obviously trying to stand out in the crowd annoyed him.

She had a slender, yet athletic figure with a rather large bust, which Seto found hard to comprehend. How could she be a track star like she claimed with a figure that was anything but aerodynamic? Her skin was a peachy tan and seemingly flawless.

“Seto, you jerk, did you just try to outrun me?” Carla asked as she approached, her lips twitching into a smirk.

It wasn’t the insult that annoyed him; it was hearing his first name pass her lips made his skin crawl. What was it going to take to get this thick-headed woman to realize that he did not like her? He detested her, he loathed her, he thought about committing homicide whenever he was in her presence. She was either very dense, or completely stupid that she thinks she can somehow melt his icy heart.

Right...

“Refrain yourself from using my first name,” Seto demanded coolly in a low voice, but the iciness in his eyes spoke volumes. “Commoners like you aren’t worthy to call me by such.”

Carla reeled back at the coldness in Seto’s voice, seemingly surprised that he was not impressed by her boldness to refer to him by his first name. Everyone else in their school called him Kaiba, seemingly afraid to call him by his first name. Should he be impressed that she had the guts to call him Seto?

“You have no right to treat me like that,” she said as she folded her arms over her chest, pouting her dark red lips.

Seto raised an eyebrow, believing that he had every right too. They were not friends, nor acquaintances, they weren’t even classmates. She was just a girl who happened to go to the same school as he and sat in the same classroom.

He had no time for this; he had more important things to do.

“You do realize that just because you’re the mutt’s girlfriend, it does not mean that I am to pay you any attention,” Seto said coolly as he glanced in her direction for merely a moment before turning his cold blue eyes to the papers in his hands and turned his back to her.

Carla was seemingly stunned by the cold brush off before she abruptly bristled with anger, her hands on her hips, her face screwed up into a look of displeasure and disapproval. “Seto Kaiba,” she hissed. “Who do you think you are?”

If there was one thing in this world Carla hated, were guys brushing her off!

Seto stopped in his tracks, his body tense and seemingly inwardly seething with annoyance. She used his first name three times in the space of a few minutes, even after he told her quite bluntly that she was not to use his name.

That was it; he was going to get this stupid girl to understand that he hated her with an unreasonable amount of rage.

“Don’t you understand?” Seto said as he moved forward to tower over the shorter woman, his blue eyes narrowed into a look that was of blatant irritation. “I find you a complete and utter waste of space.”

Once again, Carla seemed surprised by his admission, the arctic chill in his voice sending shivers down her spine. She opened her mouth to form a retort, but Seto wasn’t done speaking.

“I’d rather eat my own flesh with the use of a plastic spork than spend a moment longer in your presence,” he said with the same level, cool, emotionless voice he was famed for. “Now, I suggest you get out of my sight before I arrange a hit out on your head. I have more important things to do with my time than speaking with you; picking the flint out of my pocket with a straw comes to mind.”

Carla stood there for a moment, her mouth agape, in a state of complete astonishment, before tears pricked at the back of her eyes as a look of betrayal marred her features. She snapped her mouth shut as she tried to suppress the tears that threatened to fall. “They’re right about you,” she whispered. “You are nothing but a heartless bastard.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” Seto was quick to reply. “Now get out of my sight.”

Carla lingered there for a moment before she spun on her heel and ran off, her long hair floating behind her as she sped off.

Seto watched her leave, feeling oddly pleased with himself. He had been waiting for a long time to get that off his chest. He wasn’t concerned with the possibility that she was running to Joey, to whine to him about how badly he treated her. Putting the Mutt down with a witty retort was always fun.

Pleased that she’ll leave him alone for the rest of the day at the very least, Seto turned back around and carried on his way, the exit looming closer and closer. He was almost free.

Suddenly, a sharp noise drew his attention. Lifting his eyes from his wad of office papers in his hands, Seto took a moment to regard a certain snowy-haired teen that was often seen hanging out with the mutt and his friends. He noticed with a tiny sense of amusement that Ryou Bakura was having difficulty shutting his shoe locker. For whatever reason, it appeared that the latch just would not slip into place and the white haired youth was steadily becoming annoyed.

Forgetting his important papers for the moment, Seto continued to watch, somewhat interested to see if Ryou had a temper, or was he constantly in a state of utter peace and tranquillity?

It was not in Seto’s nature to become interested in someone that did not bring him immediate profits, but out of all the goodie-twoshoes Yugi calls friends, Ryou here was the only person he could tolerate for long periods of times. He wasn’t sure, but he believed it was due to the Brit’s gentle and quiet nature; he wasn’t intrusive or did he hound him for answers. He didn’t provoke him and left him alone when he knew he wanted to be left alone.

Mokuba seemed to adore him as well, seemingly for the same reasons. He once admitted that, while Yugi and Co. were nice, they could be overwhelming most of the time with their cheerfulness and friendship.

However, there was something about Ryou Bakura that interested him even more.

Seto was a suspicious person by nature and he could tell immediately when someone was hiding something, either from just him or the world. He could tell; call it gut instinct if you will, something he had learnt to trust ages ago. That, and his head, he never, ever listened to his heart.

Maybe because to some people he didn’t have one, not that he cared what people thought of him. The more they fear him, the better, because, really, all he wants is to be left alone to his own devices.

But Ryou here, he knew was hiding something, he knew the moment he met him, and he didn’t mean that Millennium Ring or the spirit within it that had now been banished. He was hiding something else, something he couldn’t put his finger on. It infuriated him, yet intrigued him at the same time.

What was this scrawny Britain hiding from the world?

Ryou suddenly muttered something under his breath which suspiciously sounded like he was cursing in French and Seto felt the corner of his mouth twitch into a tiny smirk. So, the unusually polite Britain here actually knew how to speak out of turn rather than the calm responses he would give when the Mutt and his posse did something outrageous.

How interesting...

Taking a couple of steps forward, Seto slipped silently behind the shorter, much thinner youth and slammed the palm of his hand against the locker door, succussing in not only forcing the rebellious door shut, but causing Ryou to literally jump from the fright. The English duellist immediately spun around, his usually friendly and warm brown eyes were wide in a sense of fear.

“Kaiba-sama!” he squeaked and jumped away in shock, his back slamming against the very locker he was fighting with earlier.

How amusing, even when he’s scared, he’s still polite.

Leaning forward on the hand that was still against the cool steel of the shoe locker, Seto intentionally invaded the Brit’s personal space, forcing him to sink down, his legs going weak and a light pink blush to spread across his pale features. He made a little noise that sounded like a surprised squeak, but said nothing, made no attempt to say anything, too stunned and intimidated, most likely.

Narrowing his eyes, Seto noticed that Ryou had turned away from him a little, one of his arms moving up to lay across his chest in a way that told Seto he was protecting it for some reason.

Interesting.

“K-Kaiba-sama?” Ryou stuttered, but surprisingly not out of fear, more out of surprise and curiosity. He was uncomfortable by the closeness between them, but not scared out of his mind like anyone else would have been.

Far from being annoyed, Seto found his curiosity grow at the fearlessness from the Brit and pulled back, keeping his icy blue eyes upon him, watching as Ryou straighten his posture, yet his arm not moving from his chest.

“You have to learn to be a bit more assertive,” he commented as he pushed away from the locker, inwardly smug that it stayed shut. “Or you won’t get anywhere.”

With that said he turned around and carried on his way, mildly annoyed that his curiosity made him that much later to get to work. He had been on his way to an important meeting when he stumbled across Ryou having a disagreement with his shoe locker. And the fact that he had to tell Carla that he would rather eat his own flesh then spend another moment with her, and getting it through her thick skull, took longer than he would have liked.

A frown marred his lips when he heard hurried footsteps behind him and he spun around, a venomous retort on his lips thinking that perhaps Carla was far more incompetent than he thought, but paused, his curiosity growing in size when he noticed that it was Ryou again.

Stopping short of him, slightly out of breath from the short jog, Ryou suddenly bowed his head, his snowy white hair curtaining around his shoulders. “Thank you for your help, Seto-sama,” he said with his thick English accent.

He lingered like that for a moment, showing a sense of respect, before he righted himself and gave him a smile, not an overly enthused or wide smile that was contagious amongst Yugi and his followers, but a gentle and warm smile that told him he was sincerely grateful for his help.

“See you tomorrow, Kaiba-sama!” he waved before he turned around and ran off in the opposite direction, his book bag swinging in his hand as he moved, heading back to the school’s entrance where his friends waited for him so they could walk home together, and maybe even hang out for a while.

Once again, Seto found himself watching him, surprised by Ryou’s politeness toward him, and yet his gaze still held a sense of suspicions when he noted that Ryou held a hand to his chest.

“Whatever,” he muttered as he turned his back toward the school and approached his car. He paused with his hand on the handle and glanced over his shoulder, his eyes narrowing.

“What are you hiding, Ryou Bakura?”