Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Revenge ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sweet Revenge

Summary: After Joey’s girlfriend, Carla dumps him for Seto; Joey stumbles across Ryou being mugged and learns that he’s a girl! Seto can’t stand Carla, but finds Ryou interesting. How does Mai fit into all of this?

Pairings: Seto/Ryou, Hinted; Joey/Mai

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Yu-Gi-Oh! or any character associated. I do own Carla Whitmore. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Female!Ryou. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to. A bit of character bashing on the OC’s behalf and a few swear words, but nothing over the top. Set after Yami is sent to the afterlife, so no Yamis in the story. And Seto goes to school.

AN: Hello again, everyone. In this chapter we see things from Carla’s POV and she’s an arrogant as she first appears. I can’t wait for the bashing to begin. How many clichés can you count with Carla?

Any comments and suggestions are more than welcomed. Thank you in advance.

-

Chapter 2

Throwing her school bag roughly onto a seat near the rear of the school, Carla muttered darkly as she kicked the seat with her foot, her face an expression of humiliation and utter rage.

“Stupid, pompous bastard,” she hissed as she grabbed her bag, looking for her cigarettes, only to pull out an empty packet. In her anger, she scrunched the packet into a ball with her hands, her eyebrow twitching. She was desperate for a ciggie, and it was all because of that asshole Seto Kaiba!

Carla was still stinging after her encounter with Seto, livid that he would treat her in such a way. He actually insulted her, to her face! He was Joey’s rival; shouldn’t he at least be a little bit interested in her? Shouldn’t he give her a piece of his attention?

Like, shouldn’t he be jealous that she was dating Joey, so tried to break them up so they could be together? It was what she was expecting when she started dating the loud blonde. She wanted to put a strain on their rivalship, the two fighting over her, where Seto would ultimately win in the end.

Yes, she had no trouble admitting to herself that she was only using Joey as a transition boyfriend to get to Seto. Before, Seto would ignore her attempts to get close to him. He would disappear from school for weeks at a time, and Joey and his annoying little friends, always knew what he was up to. They even appeared to be a part of it, much to her annoyance.

Why didn’t they include her as well?

So, it was a logical choice for someone as intelligent and cunning as she was; convince Joey that she liked him as her boyfriend, while using him as a bridge to get to her real love interest; the ever handsome Seto Kaiba. She wanted him and all his money and fame to boot. She wanted a better life for herself, and living a life of luxury was her dream.

Not many people knew this, but Carla was a poor girl, with a street wise attitude, living with her alcoholic mother, who did nothing but drink and sleep all day. She didn’t even know where he father could be, not that she cared much at all. He could rot in hell as far as she was concern.

She deserved a better life and the only way to get it wasn’t getting an education, but to get a rich boyfriend who would worship the ground she walked on. After all, having a sexy body, perky breasts, a cunning mind and a sassy attitude were all you needed to get through life. None of which you learnt at school.

Dating Joey hadn’t been easy, especially dealing with all his preppy little friends he hung around with all the time. Yugi, the short little midget often got on her nerves. Sure, he was cute in an adorable sort of way, but he was way too close to Joey and often worried about him. He was Joey’s best friend, and whenever he was in trouble with something, Joey would actually drop any plans he had made with her to rush off and help him.

Jeez, she was his girlfriend; she was supposed to come first!

Tristan was something she found very weird; his hair was like a Rhino’s horn or something. She was also pretty sure he might have a crush on her or something, as he was always trying to talk to her. He’d get annoyed whenever she told him to get lost; she even had to slap him a couple of times to get her point across that she wasn’t interested. He was Joey’s other best friend, often hanging out after class together. He was pretty much Joey’s shadow, where he goes, he follows.

He really needed to find a life his own.

While Tristan and Joey were muscular, their friend, Ryou was a weak girly-boy! She hated girly-boys as much as she hated cheerleaders and preps. Long white hair, big brown eyes, always looking calm and tranquil, yet fragile; it made her sick to think he was male. He was so polite and gentle as well.

Get a backbone, you pansy!

And then there was Tea. Now that was someone who really pissed her off. So preppy, girly and, well, cheerleader-ish! She was always on about friendship and helping others. Puh-leaze! She was like a broken record or something. She had the ugliest hair cut as well, and the clothes she wore were practically that of a skank! She said she wanted to be a dancer; a pole dancer was probably as far as she would go.

She really didn’t like that girl, and it appeared Tea didn’t like her, either. Pft, she was just jealous of her figure!

While her plan was ingenious, it was also a trail. Her girl friends tell her that Joey was a good catch; he was nice, friendly and most importantly, loyal. But to Carla, she only just tolerated him for the sake of her plan.

However, it appeared that her plan to make Seto notice her and then become jealous when she started dating Joey was failing. Seto noticed her alright, but he wasn’t seething with jealously, nor was he trying to pry her away from the blonde with the Brooklyn accent.

In fact, she was infuriately certain that he was avoiding her even more!

She needed another plan to get Seto to notice her, try another angle to see how much they would be good together. She was certain that if Seto saw how sassy and spunky she was, how utter cool she was with guy sports, he would fall head over heels for her. It was only a matter of time.

But what could she do to speed up the process? If jealousy caused by dating his rival didn’t work, what could?

Wait, what about that little brother of his? That dark haired kid; Mokuba or something. That’s it; she’ll use him as a bridge to get to Seto! She’ll become his baby-sitter or something. That way, she can get Mokuba to work for her as well. She’ll impress the little brat with her mischievous and fun loving ways and he’ll go to Seto, telling him how utterly amazing she was. That’s sure to work, why wouldn’t it? Mokuba was just a snot-nosed kid; he’ll be easy to wrap around her little finger.

Now, all she had to do was to dump Joey in the most painful way possible so he doesn’t get the deluded idea that they could reconcile later in the future. Although, it would increase her ego if he fought hard for her when she starts to date Seto.

Causing a love triangle to form was always fun, but when one person doesn’t have a chance in hell was so much better. She could easily manipulate him into doing whatever she wanted with the promise that she might give him a second chance.

With a wicked grin on her lips, Carla threw the empty cigarette packet over her shoulder and snatched her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. A determined look appeared on her face as she set off to find that blonde-haired twit to dump.

Oh, this was going to be so much fun!

------------------------------

Waving goodbye to his friends, Ryou fell in step with Joey who was far more verbal with his farewells. “Catch ya tomorrow, guys!” he called out, waving an arm in the air.

Ryou chuckled softly into his hand, finding Joey’s exuberant nature rather invigorating. He spared a glance to his other friends who were reacting to Joey’s bid of farewell in different manners. Yugi was saying his goodbyes with a bright smile on his face; Tristan was waving with as much enthusiasm while Tea simply looked a little embarrassed by how loud her male companions were.

They had just spent the afternoon at Yugi’s place, catching up on homework. Well, Joey and Tristan were as they had forgotten about a project that was due tomorrow and begged Ryou to help them out.

The image of his two much muscular friends on their hands and knees, begging him with unshed tears shimmering in their eyes still made Ryou chuckle.

“Looks like it’s just you and me, Ry,” Joey said when he was finally done waving goodbye.

Ryou smiled politely as Joey slung his arm around his shoulders and started to lead the way, a happy look adorning the blonde’s face. He listened with a mild sense of interest as Joey told him a story about how he took down a whole street gang with hardly a care. He has heard this story many a time, yet had heard it been told through many different versions. For example, the number of gangs would increase with each story and the time it took him to take them all out had lessened.

However, Joey was at his most happiest when he was telling stories about his grand achievements so Ryou didn’t have the heart to point out his faults.

Joey had moved out of his home and was now staying in his own apartment that was located in a safer part of the city and was a block or two down from to Ryou’s apartment complex. The money he won during the Duellist Island that Pegasus held paying towards the rent. Ever since he moved in, Joey had taken up the habit of walking Ryou home, as he was an easy target for lowlifes and street punks, as Joey liked to call them.

It was really sweet of Joey to worry about him like he was, making sure he got home safety. He truly was a good friend; Ryou easily looked up to him as if he were a brother or a close relation of some kind.

Joey had also taken up a habit of shorting his name, he would call him Roo, Ry or Rei, not that Ryou minded too much. Joey had a habit of shorting a lot of people’s names. It was in his character, but he only shortened the names of people he really liked. However, there was one person who flat out forbid him from shorting their name; his girlfriend, Carla.

It was not in Ryou’s nature to hate, nor even dislike anyone, but he could not, for the life of him, grow fond of Joey’s girlfriend, Carla. She was far too...snarky for him to take to. He didn’t like the way she seemed to use Joey for her gain, like he was only of interest to her if he was facing off against Seto Kaiba.

It was also not in Ryou’s nature to be suspicious of anyone, but he could not help but feel that Carla was actually using Joey to try and gain Seto’s attention.

For what it was worth, though, Seto seemed utterly disinterested in her.

Well, he hoped so, anyway.

He would never admit it to anyone, but he had a tiniest crush on the older Kaiba brother. He wasn’t sure what drew him to the cold, older male but he knew deep within his heart that it wasn’t his money that interested him; he had little interest in physical possessions.

Maybe it was the way he adored and doted on his little brother, Mokuba. He was a sweet kid, with a very sharp mind, and when the need called for it, an equally sharp tongue. He looked up to his brother so much; the devotion they have for each other was truly outstanding.

Seto could be nice, when he wanted to be, though he wasn’t very good at outwardly showing it. His kindness really came out when Mokuba was around and Ryou couldn’t help but watch silently from a distance whenever the two interacted with each other. It was just so heart-warming.

But he could never tell Seto his feelings for him, as there was a certain little secret he wasn’t aware of. And he’ll probably stay oblivious to it as well, unless he suddenly grew a backbone...or became more assertive just like Seto suggested.

“Joey!”

The sudden yell prompted the two friends to abruptly stop in their movements, and two sets of eyes scanned the surrounding area, looking for who called for Joey so loudly with a hint of anger in their voice.

“Oh, hey Carl,” Joey said causally as the black-with-red-tips-haired young woman appeared in his line of sight. She had her bag over her shoulder as she marched up to him, a look of anger marring her face.

“Where was ya?” he asked as he had been looking for her after school, but couldn’t find her anywhere.

“Don’t call me that,” Carla snarled as she approached him and folded her arms over her chest as she gave him a very stern look. “We need to talk.”

Ryou winced at the blatant rage in her voice while Joey simply blinked in confusion, wondering why she was suddenly so moody. “Yeah, ok, just let me walk Ryou home first.”

“No,” Carla said with a drawn out hiss, seemingly enraged that Joey was putting girly-boy Ryou before her. She deserved his unwavering attention, no matter the circumstances. “We need to talk now!”

Startling both Joey and Ryou, Carla latched onto Joey’s arm and proceeded to drag the blonde away, uncaring that he was tripping over his own feet, unbalanced by the sudden movement.

“Hey, what’s your deal?” Joey asked, but she simply stuck her nose in the air and chose to ignore him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Joey!” Ryou yelled before he lost sight of the blonde amongst the masses of people walking the streets, eager to get to wherever it was they were heading. “Don’t worry about me!”

A soon as those words left his mouth, Joey waved his arm to signal that he heard him before he disappeared from sight. Ryou stared at the masses for a moment before a deep, weary sigh escaped his lips and he dropped his head a little, feeling sorry for his blonde-haired friend.

“I really don’t like that girl,” he muttered under his breath. That was what he meant by not being able to take a liken to her; she was too demanding for Joey’s constant attention. Joey was a guy that friends and family came first and if his girlfriend didn’t understand that, their relationship was doomed to fail.

“That’s a first,” A feminine voice behind him suddenly laughed, causing Ryou to jump slightly in surprise. “You admitting you don’t like someone?”

Recognizing the voice almost immediately, Ryou spun around and found himself looking at a very familiar blonde-haired woman with unique amethyst eyes. “Mai!” he greeted with a warm smile. “It's good to see you again. How have you been?”

It really was good to see Mai again, too bad Joey wasn’t here, he’d loved to see her again. They were close, the two blondes, and Ryou always thought that whenever Joey entered the dating scene, Mai would have been the perfect girlfriend for him. Everyone thought so...until Carla came along.

“I’m doing well, thanks for asking,” Mai replied with a peace sigh and a wink of her eye before she leaned forward a bit, getting into Ryou’s face with a look of amusement adorning her features. “Now, who was it that you were talking about?”

“Oh, it’s Carla,” Ryou replied with a sigh and a shake of his head, momentarily glancing in the direction Joey was dragged in. “Joey’s girlfriend.”

Mai physically reeled back in shock, her amethyst eyes blinking as if she was stunned by the sudden information. “Joey’s...girlfriend?”

Ryou gave a small gasp of shock when he realized what he just said and immediately looked apologetic. He knew that Mai held a fondness for Joey; he should have let her know in a less blunt fashion. “Oh, that’s right, you probably didn’t know. I’m so sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?” Mai asked him with a strained voice and an equally strained smile on her lips. “Joey is a capable young man who can make his own decisions.”

“Mai...” Ryou whispered, his expression saddening by the obvious hurt in her voice, but he was also holding a sense of gratitude that she did not yell and scream about how Joey could do something like this to her. But, then again, Mai was nothing like most girls and was certainly nothing like Carla, who would yell constantly at Joey for little reason.

“I know you like Joey,” Ryou said with a soft and understanding voice. “I’m sorry for being insensitive. But, I’m sure Joey would love to see you again. I can give you his new address and show you where he lives if you would like?”

“I...” Mai muttered a first, but paused with a thoughtful look on her face and after a moment, responded to Ryou’s suggestion. “Sure,” she smiled. “Why not?”

Ryou smiled softly at her as he began to lead the way, filling her in what Joey and the others have been up to for the last few months. Joey’s apartment was a few blocks further than his, but the walk won’t hurt him. Hopefully he can make it back home before dark.

Joey would have a heart attack if something happened to him.