Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ The Domino fete ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Simon put some more butter on his toast; he was in the kitchen listening to the radio like always on an early morning. The news on the radio had been pretty plain so far and Simon decided maybe he should shut it off.

But before he could press the `off' button something the reporter suddenly said caught his attention…

After the news report had finished Simon frowned…

~

Yami sighed in contentment as he recalled going out with Seto last week, for once in his life he felt happy.

He couldn't wait to see him again but he new Seto was a very busy man so he remained patient.

He was listening to music on his walkman, lying on his back staring at the blank ceiling.

* Premonition *

The same figure, the eight figure, watched a young couple from a tree above them.

The couple were lovers, kissing and whispering things which the figure could easily hear.

The figure was disgusted by the cuteness of it all, it was hungry… they would do nicely.

The figure sat in a pouncing position while the couple remained oblivious to the fatal danger they were in.

"Do you hear something?" the woman asked, turning her head around nervously.

"No, come on… it's probably just some animal." The man replied, pulling his girlfriends gaze back on him.

"Yeah, your right." The woman said, kissing him again.

The figure smirked; now was the time to feed.

A loud crack was heard when teeth met spines, paralysing it's victims until finally the final blow… to the head.

* End *

Yami gasped suddenly sitting up and ripping his headphones out of his ears, he took in quick breaths while calming himself, "What was that?" he asked himself quietly, the sound echoing around the room.

~

Seto grinned down at his work desk; all the paperwork he needed to complete was well, complete!

He hadn't seen Yami in a week and today he was going to take him out again, to that special fete thing which was going on in Domino.

Walking out of his office Seto started to leave,

"Master Kaiba, wait!" called a voice

Seto turned to see his secretary with a phone in her hand, "What!?" he yelled rudely, not wanting to stay there another minute.

The secretary flinched, "S-sir, there's someone on the phone." She explained hurriedly, "Says his name is Marik."

Seto turned back the way he was heading, "Tell him I'm busy." He replied

"He says its important sir," she said

Seto snorted, "I said tell him I'm busy at the Domino fete." He snapped, already walking out the door.

"But sir -" he was already gone…

~

Yami heard the tapping on the window and opened it quickly, "Hi Koi!" Seto greeted when Yami kissed him.

"Seto, I've missed you again." Yami said

Seto nodded, "Can you come out today?" he asked

"Yeah, I never do anything on Monday." Yami replied "But where to?"

"The Domino fete," Seto answered

Yami frowned, "What is that?" he asked

"It's like a fun thing with food, games, shopping stools… that kind of stuff." Seto explained

"You ever been?" Yami questioned

"Once… with my brother, I think." Seto said

Yami mentally slapped himself, "Sorry Seto, I…"

Seto cut him off, "Na, its okay Yami now, shall we go?" he asked

Yami nodded, "Yeah, lets go." He replied

Seto smiled, "As you wish my Koi." He said

(A/N: Okay, we're getting close to the good bits now. But I thought I'd just tell you that there are two different endings to this story which will both be posted. Thanks for the reviews, keep going please ^_^ …)