Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ 1st end part 7: The Promise ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: Sorry for the delay…)

Simon laughed cruelly at Seto’s horrified face, “Well done Seto, I thank you.” He cackled, watching him in sick amusement. He guessed he better be off, he had big plans…very big plans for the world.

Seto had been tricked! Tricked into killing his own partner.

He daren’t look at his lovers form; maybe it was just another one of his nightmares?

…no, this was defiantly real. This was cruel reality…

Seto slowly looked at Yami praying he was okay. He fell to his knees in terror – his pray hadn’t worked.

“O--Oh god, Yami…” Seto sobbed, cradling the frail body in front of him, “I’m sorry…so sorry…”

Yami’s eyes opened slightly, “Seto?” he chocked, blood dripping from his mouth.

“Yami!” Seto cried, pulling him even closer desperately. “You’re okay…I’m so sorry.”

“It’s…not your fault…you didn’t know…” Yami coughed weakly,

“I could have fought it! I…I should of known!” Seto yelled,

“No…it wasn’t your fault…believe me.” Yami replied

Seto felt tears coming to his eyes, “You’ll be alright though Yami, I promise.” He said

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep…” Yami spoke, “I’m fading Seto…I can feel it.”

“You can’t!” Seto cried, “You can’t leave me. I need you…”

The sky above darkened, a thunderstorm was coming it seemed.

“I’ll come back…” Yami smiled, “We will meet again…I promise,”

“Can you keep that promise?” Seto asked

“Y--Yes,” Yami gasped in pain, “Seto!”

Seto rested his hand on Yami’s wound, “Shh…” he soothed, “Its going to be alright.”

Angry clouds swarmed over and grew darker by the second.

“Somebody help!” Seto screamed, feeling useless.

Yami sighed, “It’s no use Seto...” he whispered,

Seto shook his head, “Anybody! Help!” he shouted, “…Please,”

“Please don’t cry Seto…” Yami said,

“Stop talking Yami! You must save your strength.” Seto said, “Help!”

“No…you have to listen!” Yami cried, finding some strength left to speak louder. “Nobody is coming to help Seto…they can’t hear you.”

“But Yami…” Seto was cut off by Yami,

“No buts.” He said, “Just hold me and let it be.”

Rain poured down onto the despairing couple. Seto did his best to shelter Yami from it.

“I love you Yami…” Seto whispered, “So much it hurts…please don’t leave.”

“I love you too…” Yami replied, “Goodbye Seto…”

Seto’s eyes widened, “What!? No! Yami? Speak to me Yami!” he cried, shacking Yami slightly. He was gone.

He clutched onto Yami’s still form, weeping terribly hard. “Come back…” Seto chocked, “Please, come back!”

Thunder shattered through the sky in a blinding rage, its sound coming from the heavens to the earth.

Simon hissed as the rain hit him hard on the back as he walked down the path. His plan had worked perfectly and now he could finally rule the earth his way…

But he failed to notice that the thunder seemed to be following him. It was quite odd really.

Simon stopped suddenly when he heard many hisses that weren’t his own. Several figures pounced out at him from the bushes.

“Vampires.” Simon growled,

“That’s right,” One hissed, “And we’ve come to feed.”

“On what?” Simon asked,

“You fiend, we have come to destroy you.” The vampire said,

Simon laughed, “And why is that?” he cackled

The vampires snarled at him, baring their fangs. “You killed Ra’s son and have angered the gods and our kind. We cannot allow you to rule this world fiend,” they replied

Simon frowned, “You all look familiar to me…” he muttered

“We’re flattered you remember your previous victims,” Another said,

Simon gasped, “But I killed you!” he cried

“Yes.” They said, “You did but, we’ve come back…for you.”

“You’ll never take me alive!” Simon bellowed,

“That is true.” The first vampire said, “Will take your soul with us which clearly means we’re taking you dead.”

“You don’t scare me! I’ll kill you all again!” Simon shouted, sweating slightly.

The vampires circled him, laughing at Simon’s worried face. The last thing Simon saw was some shiny fangs from one of the vampires and he promised he’d be back.

The thunderstorm washed up all the blood and gradually disappeared as the sun rose.

Seto sat on the floor gently rocking Yami’s form in his arms; his eyes were glazed over as he hummed a tune he had once hummed to Mokuba.

People would be coming soon, he knew. All the bodies had gone as if last night hadn’t happened. The only body left…was Yami’s.

“We will meet again…I promise.” echoed in Seto’s mind, comforting somewhat.

His tears had dried down his cheeks and his eyes were puffy and red. He felt so alone now but he knew, deep down, that Yami would keep his promise. Somehow…

Seto just wished he had kept his.

What was he to do now? Return home to his work? He felt little care for anything of the sort now.

He looked at Yami’s even paler face and kissed his cold lips before lifting him up in his arms and standing up.

The cold wind swayed his hair slightly as he started walking. He would go home now and bury Yami’s body in his garden filled with flowers; though, flowers weren’t as beautiful as Yami to Seto.

All he could do now was wait for his lover to return to him just like he promised…

~ end of first ending ~

Please review and tell me what you thought.