Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic ❯ 1st end part 6: Accepting Fate ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Uneasiness swept through Yami as Seto continued slowly towards him, why was Seto staring at him like that?

"S-Seto?" he stuttered fearfully, his mind screaming warning

Simon watched with a smirk as the dagger glowed slightly, his magic was going to work nicely for him once again. All he had to do now was lie and wait…

Seto didn't reply but simply tightened his fish around the dagger to Yami's distress as his eyes remained blank and glazed over.

Once he was within touching distance, Seto's expression suddenly changed from impassive to infuriate as he raised his dagger for an attack.

Yami's eyes widened when the dagger barley missed him as he dived out of the way, "What the hell do you think your doing!?" he cried in surprise

Seto snarled in frustration as he turned to face Yami or the demon as his eyes saw it. He had to destroy it now before it killed Yami!

/"You'll have to do better than that hunter!"/ Simon taunted, making it seem as though Yami was him and he was speaking. /"Come on Slayer! Hit me!"/

He drove towards Yami again, the same rage showing on his features causing Yami to scream.

"Seto! Stop!" Yami begged grabbing Seto's attacking arm with all his strength.

Seto growled as the demon laughed in his face, "I'll kill you!!" he exclaimed

"No!" Yami shrieked grabbing Seto's other arm quickly before it slapped him "Seto, it's me, Yami!"

/"Go on then Hunter, kill me!"/ Simon cackled

"Shut up!" Seto screamed, kicking Yami.

Yami stumbled backwards clutching his stomach, "Stop this now!" he cried, tears slipping down his checks from pain "Attack the demon - not me!"

Seto blinked, "W-What?" he gasped

/"Hehehehe! Go on, kill me!"/ Simon sniggered

Seto's eyes narrowed as he charged at Yami once more.

`What am I to do?' Yami asked himself, `I cannot hurt Seto…'

Seto raised his dagger with a menacing expression clear on his face; this was it!

Yami's tearful crimson eyes looked up at Seto with sadness as their owner accepted their fate. The cold air of the night flew past and the acknowledged fate was sealed.

Seto plunged his dagger downwards into Yami's chest, the hard impact knocking Yami off his feet as the cruel laughter Seto had been hearing didn't stop when he thought it would have and the night grew darker still…

But that wasn't the worst thing Seto cold hear -

Drip, drip, drip…

Was.