Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ Love at fisrt fight. ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
 
Two gates down, leaving only four more to go by the least. The only thing that worried me, was the time, and time was ruining short.
 
It was already Noon, which left us with just twelve hours to defeat the remaining gate-keepers, get to the palace, and Save my sweet Sabrina!
 
However, the girls and I were already facing another problem, or gurgling stomachs.
 
“MMM… so hungry. I think my stomach's starting to eat itself!” groaned Clover.
 
“What were we thinking leaving the food on the ship like that?” asked Sam.
 
It was true… in our rush for adventure, we had left the food we bought with us on our boat, and it was more than too late to go after it.
 
But because we crossed the Gate of light, and the Gate of wind, there was no way for any of us to go and get it… otherwise, it would cost me any hope I had left.
 
“I just don't understand.” I said, “Why hasn't the Millennium-Necklace been working right?”
 
Ever since we got to the island, I tried countless times over to use the necklace, but to no success.
 
If I was able to use it, we could have probably avoided this tragedy.
 
Suddenly, Alex's nose perked up. “Hey… what's that smell?” she asked.
 
Sam, Clover and I smelled it too. “It…it smells like…!”
 
We all followed our noses, and eventually the smell seemed to be coming from a small cart filled with hot Ramen.
 
And Right behind it was a big blue gate… The Gate of Water!
 
The girls dove straight for the cart, not caring that they took it while no one was looking.
 
Only I just stared at the cart as though I had seen it somewhere before.
 
Suddenly, we all heard soft footsteps coming from the sand beaches beside us.
 
Up the hill cam a 20 year-old girl, about my height with long light brown hair, in a blue windbreaker outfit, and also wearing a white apron… she must have been the owner of that cart.
 
“Hey what are you three doing?” she asked at the girls. “You're supposed to pay for that…” she stopped when she turned and saw me.
 
“Mykan…?” she said in a sweeter voice, and a twinkle in her eyes. “It really is you… My Darling Honey-pie!”
 
“GAHH…!!!” I cried, “Not again!”
 
The girl then began chasing me all over the beach like some Creepy-Shadow.
 
“I missed you so much my little Snuggle-Bunny!” she cooed with hearts in her eyes.
 
“What Are You Talking about!?” I cried as I ran for dear life, “I am not your Snuggle-Bunny!”
 
“Who is that girl?” asked Clover with her mouth full of Ramen.
 
“Whoever she is… it looks as though she's head over heals with Mykan!” said Alex.
 
Finally, the chase wore off, and the girl decided to let us all eat for free.
 
“My name's, Alexis.” She said, “I own this Ramen-cart, and am the Gate-Keeper of the water gate!”
 
Then she passed me not one, but three full bowls of her best Ramen, “Here you are my sweet!” she cooed.
 
I shakily took them, and walked a little ways from her.
 
“So, do you like, Know Mykan?” asked Sam.
 
“I sure do.” Said Alexis, “He and I were Obelisk's at the academy a long time ago”
 
Alexis was actually one of the best female duelists at the academy, and when I became an Obelisk Blue, she immediately challenged me to a duel… and she lost.
 
It was after that, that she kept on studying me to learn my secrets, and I was sort of onto her.
 
Time after time, she restacked her deck, challenged me, and failed every time.
 
But it also occurred to me that she was having trouble with tests and examines, and I volunteered every time to help her study.
 
Each test she took her grades got higher, and higher, but I wasn't going to give up… not until she got a perfect score.
 
I also helped her out in many other classes to.. Like cooking. Which a lot of us said had nothing to do with duel monsters.
 
But it actually did!
 
A true duelist must keep fit, strong, and be well fed if they are to last out in the duels… and Alexis' favorite thing to make, was Ramen.
 
And just like her test scores, with my help she had the best dish in whole school.
 
“I've never known anyone like Mykan before.” She used to think, “He's willing to anything to help me perfect my skills.”
 
“So frustrating, yet so supportive.”
 
“Hey…wait, what's this I'm feeling?” she wondered. “Oh my… it's love… I'M IN LOVE!!!”
 
Suddenly, after she realized her feelings for me, she tried to countless times to win me over.
 
She wouldn't quit even when I told her that I was already madly in love with Princess Sabrina!
 
Alexis tried to numerous times to persuade me that we belonged together, and that it was fate… but I didn't care much about that.
 
 
“Mykan.” She said sounding sad, “I know you're trying to get up into the castle, and that means that I'll have to duel you.”
 
“But how can I duel against, the one… the one that I love!”
 
“Oh, give me a break!” I snorted.
 
“Hey, what makes you so sure you'll beat us anyway?” asked Clover. “What are you…like super strong?”
 
“Yes… I am!” sighed Alexis, “When you're a gate-keeper on this island… you learn a thing or two about duel-monsters!”
 
But then she got all soft, twinkle eyed and blushy again.
 
“But… at a time like this, my ability to dueling must come second to my ability to love!”
 
“And it's you I give my love to, Mykan.”
 
The girls blushed too, but they felt embarrassed. “You've been saying that since we met.” Said Alex.
 
But Alexis wasn't paying attention, she was blushing like crazy now as she stared into my eyes.
 
“Mykan, I'm wondering…” she said.
 
“I'm wondering If you'd… If you'd…”
 
“How do I say this?”
 
“…Mykan… WILL YOU PLEASE MARRY ME?!”
 
The girls all burst out into laughter, but I looked as though I had turned to stone, and my jaw hung wide open.
 
And then…the girls saw that she was being serious. “Uh…hello… he's already planning to marry the Princess!” said Sam.
 
“So what!?” said Alexis, “All the more reason for me to marry him before that happens.”
 
“All this time… I knew Mykan and I were meant to be together, and I knew that it was fate.”
 
“Why else would he help me on so many occasions and stuff… we're the perfect couple. So what do you say, Mykan?”
 
I finally snapped out of trance and yelled… “NO, WAY… THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!”
 
Like lightning, Alexis jumped down on her knees, and held my hands together.
 
“Please… I'm on bended knees! Marry me!”
 
“Let me go!” I said trying to break free.
 
“Hey don't get me wrong.” Said Alexis, “I'm not doing this because I want you to help me in life…”
 
“Well… that's a part of it, but it's not the only reason.”
 
“I'm…in love with you Mykan… I want to be with you!”
 
I felt as though I was going to be sick, but when I turned around I saw the girls head up the beach.
 
“Hey… where are you going?” I called out.
 
“We're thought we'd leave you two love birds alone to talk this over!” said Alex. “Good luck!”
 
“HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”
 
“Don't fight it Mykan, just don't fight it.” Cried Alexis while struggling not to let go of me.
 
“What's the big deal anyways? People get married all the time!”
 
“Alexis… I'm in love with Sabrina, and she's in love with me… and I can prove it!”
 
I took off my red scarf, and she saw the Millennium-Necklace. “There you see!” I said. “I couldn't marry you, even if I wanted to.”
 
Alexis let go of me, letting me fall backwards. “You leave me no choice.” She snarled, “I challenge you to a duel!”
 
“Wh…what?”
 
“A Duel???” said the girls.
 
“Yes… a duel!” said Alexis.
 
“If I win… you forget about Sabrina and you marry me, but if you win you can pass through the gate and we'll forget about the whole thing.”
 
“So, what do you say?”
 
“You expect me to risk my future on the outcome of a single duel?!” I snarled, but then realized.
 
“But I suppose there is no other way to get through the gate of water, and I did say I'd do anything for Sabrina.”
 
“I accept your challenge Alexis!”