Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ Lost in the Labyrinth. ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
 
The Girls couldn't believe what I just did as the stared at Chazz's motionless body.
 
“Uh… Mykan, what exactly did you just do to him?” asked Clover.
 
“Don't worry he's not dead, just knocked out for a while.” I answered.
 
I told them that what I did was in fact another magical ability the Millennium-items possess.
 
Each item did have it's own special power, but the thing that I just did was something that each of them can do.
 
There was a place known as… The Shadow-Realm… and if you feared hell, even the devil himself fears the Shadow-Realm.
 
What I did was, I took all the evil and darkness in Chazz's body, and banished it there. So when Chazz wakes up, he'll feel like a new man.
 
“Wait a minute?” said Sam, “If Chazz is knocked out of it… then how are we supposed to pass through the gate?”
 
“Not to worry.” I said, “Watch this!”
 
I shut my eyes, and both the necklace and Chazz began glowing. Suddenly Chazz arms rose up, and I made him clap his hands which opened the gate.
 
“Wow… that's amazing.” Said Clover, “You have got to show me how to do that, maybe I can land a boy.”
 
“Sorry Clover… but remember, not just anyone can use a Millennium Item.” I said, “You usually have to be born to use it.”
 
“Oh…drat!” cried Clover, “Well hey, at least we can go forward now into…”
 
We stared through the gate hoping to see daylight, but it was just more of the cavern.
 
“Ugh… does this Cave even have an exit.” Moaned Sam. Then she noticed Alex was poking through Chazz's deck.
 
“Ah… there it is!” she said, “The Red-Eyes Black Dragon… and it's mine now!”
 
She was snapped out of her trance by the sounds of the gate closing. “Whoa… hey wait up!” she cried.
 
Later on
 
“Alex… you been staring at that card for a while now.” said Sam, “Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah… I'm… the sure…”
 
“That wasn't even a sentence.” Said Clover.
 
Alex snapped out of it. “Oh I'm sorry, it's just that… I've always wanted a Red-Eyes in my deck, and now that I actually have one… It's like… he's apart of me.”
 
“I know just how you feel, Alex.” I said, “Sometimes when I look at a card, I imagine that it's me out there on the field.”
 
The girls began to catch on, it was like feeling the heart of the cards beat with your own heart.
 
It was also thanks to that same believing, that our quest was nearing it's end.
 
Now that the gate of Darkness was cleared, Only two gates remained. Earth, and Fire.
 
Yet, we didn't seem to be getting anywhere closer to the gates, as we seemed to be wandering around forever.
 
“Gee… you think we'd be in the bowels of the Earth.” Said Alex.
 
“That's not all… look a the rocks on the walls!” said Sam “They're so neatly arranged, and all these corridors… I think we're in a maze.”
 
“A Maze?” asked Clover. “Oh that's just great, then we could end up wandering down here for days.”
 
“Not if I can help it.” I said, “I promised Sabrina that nothing would break us up, and I'm not about to start… I'll get us out of this.”
 
The girls caught on. “Do you think your Necklace can show us the way out?” asked Sam.
 
“I don't know… but I can try.” I said. Then I shut my eyes and concentrated.
 
The necklace started glowing, and from out of it came a little ball of white light, and it started moving away from us.
 
“Quick… Follow it!” I said running down the hall after it followed by the girls.
 
What had us all baffled was, when we first arrived here on the island, my Necklace seemed to be completely useless.
 
Yet…It seemed that my powers get stronger and come back to me as we get closer to the castle.
 
However… I still did not have the power to look forward into time or backward… and it felt as though I didn't need it.
 
The girls and I were doing splendid so far, and as long as we believed in ourselves, and the heart of the cards, there was nothing we couldn't do.
 
We chased the light up one corridor, then up another… Finally we stopped in a big dark room… in the very center of the labyrinth.
 
 
“Whoa… look at the size of this room.” Said Sam, “I wonder where we are?”
 
Suddenly from out of nowhere, bright lights lit up the entire room which appeared to be some sort of oversized dueling arena.
 
At the back of the room were actually two gates. A Red one, and a brown one.
 
“Two gates in one room?” said Clover, “What's going on here?”
 
Suddenly, we heard the sounds of sneaky laughter coming from either side of the room, followed by strange voices, and spoke different lines.
 
“You have entered Sacred Grounds!”
 
“Where only duelists can be found!”
 
Suddenly flying across the room came two twin bald Chinese men. One wearing a red suit, and the other wearing a brown one.
 
They jumped right in front of us doing crazy moves as they continued their rhyme.
 
“Before you can safely cross this chamber.”
 
“You must agree to face the danger!”
 
“We have trapped you in…”
 
“…The doors and locks!”
 
They both finally stood before us and said.
 
“You face the brothers… Paradocks!!”
 
“Employed by the king as Gate-Keepers!”
 
 
“To halt you in your tracks, you filthy sneakers!”
 
The girls and I didn't know what to think of these guys. “Mykan… are you going to have to duel these guys?” asked Alex.
 
The brothers just laughed, and nodded their heads for Yes.
 
“The final duel this just may be.”
 
“But escaping is not so easy you see.”
 
“For if by some fluke you manage to win.”
 
“Why a puzzling new test shall begin.”
 
The brothers pointed at the gates behind them.
 
“Over my shoulder, you see a door.”
 
“And over my shoulder, there is one door more.”
 
“The test is a choice…”
 
“Which you must make!”
 
“Which of these door shall you take??” they both said.
 
“One door leads to endless maze.”
 
“Where you shall wander about for days.”
 
“The other one is path that you need.”
 
“Chose wisely… if you'll only heed.”
 
Sam eyed each of the doors, but apart form them looking different in color and element, she couldn't tell which was the one.
 
“So like… even if Mykan beats them, we still may not ever get out of here?” asked Clover.
 
The brothers laughed again.
 
“Against us… only one duelist would be creamed.”
 
“So we and you shall duel as a Tag-teamed.”
 
So it was going to be a two on two duel. Two of us V.S them. The girls didn't know about this… but they didn't come so close in helping me to stop now.
 
I nodded my head, and stepped forward. “Alright… Tag-team it is, and would feel very honored if Alex would duel by my side.”
 
Alex winked at me and said, “You got it partner.”
 
Sam , and Clover agreed that Alex should get this chance as just like them, she seemed to get stronger after every duel.
 
Since the stadium was different, and it was two against two, there were some new rules to follow.
 
First was the scoring… each duelist started out with 4000 life-points each instead of 8000.
 
To win the duel, both duelists on either team would have to be wiped out, and if one gets wiped out during the match… that duelist disqualified.
 
The turns were as follows. Para… Me… Docks… and Alex.
 
This was also going to be a different type of duel… A Labyrinth duel.
 
A maze was about on the floor with little squares on the floor. Monsters that were summoned could move one space for each other level of stars.
 
Life-points could not be attacked directly, unless the monsters first crossed through the maze.
 
Which also meant that we could summon up stronger monsters without making a Sacrifice.
 
However… the Labyrinth was a No-Flying zone, which meant monsters that moved by flight could not go through the maze.
 
Now the Maze itself was a monster called LABAYRINTH WALL.
 
(Atk: 0/ Def 3000)
 
However… it was forbidden to attack it as it was the main part of the whole duel.
 
With the rules all settled. We plugged our Duel-disks into our respective sides of the field… and Drew our Six cards.
 
“LET'S DUEL!!!”
 
 
Author's notes:
 
This will be another one of those duels where the cards were studied, but the effects are not the same.