Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas! ❯ The Shadow Duel... Part One! ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
 
 
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 8000/ Monroe: 8000)
 
Mykan's thoughts: “This is it… just me and the deck my father left me before he died.”
 
“Dad… I'm going to make you proud of me!”
 
 
Mykan: “I'll start us off… by placing a monster Face-down, and another Card Face-down as well!”
 
 
Monroe: “That card wouldn't happen to be… BEAVER WARRIOR… would it?”
 
 
Mykan: “Huh?!...”
 
 
Clover: “Hey… how can he tell that?”
 
 
Sabrina: “It's the Millennium-Eye. My Dad's dueled with it for as long as I can remember.”
 
“It sort has the same effects as my Millennium-Necklace, only it allows him to ready your mind.”
 
 
Sam: “So that would mean… he'll know every move Mykan will make before he makes it.”
 
 
Monroe: “It's my turn now… and I'll put a Card Face-Down… and summon… RED ARCHERY GIRL…. In defense mode!”
 
 
(Atk: 1400/ Def: 1500)
 
 
Monroe's thoughts: “I know all and I see all.”
 
 
“Your two cards are… BEAVER WARRIOR… and RUSH-RECKLESSLY!”
 
“My strategy against you is full proof… and from the looks of what's in your hand… you don't stand a chance.”
 
 
Mykan: “It's my move now.”
 
 
(Draws)
 
 
Monroe: “Could the card you just drew be… DARK MAGIC CURTAIN?”
 
“I think it will look very nicely with your… NEO THE MAGIC SWORDSMAN… SPELL BINDING CIRLCE… MAGICAL HATS… and PALE BEAST!!”
 
 
Mykan: “GRR…!”
 
“I Switch my Beaver Warrior into Attack mode!”
 
 
(Atk: 1200/ Def: 1500)
 
 
“And now I activate my Face-down card… RUSH RECKLESSLY! Which give him 700 more attack points.”
 
 
(Atk: 1900/ Def: 1500)
 
 
“BEAVER… ATAACK NOW!!”
 
 
Monroe:&# 8220;Ha…You're pathetically predictable. So I'll Activate this… NEGATE ATTACK!!”
 
 
Alex:“Mykan's attack… it was neutralized!”
 
 
Sabrina: “Daddy knew Mykan was going to play that card, so he set a trap out to counter it.”
 
 
Monroe: “Heh…heh… What's wrong, Mykan, Afraid of attack little girls.”
 
“Well she's not afraid to do it to you! Especially now that he's weaker again.”
 
(Atk: 1200/ Def: 1500)
 
 
“I switch Red Archery Girl to Attack mode… and I'll have her Attack your Beaver Warrior.”
 
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 7800/ Monroe: 8000)
 
“And now I'll place this little baby face-down, and discard one card from my hand to the graveyard.”
 
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Why would he just discard a card like that?”
 
 
Monroe: “Why indeed!”
 
Mykan: “Huh...?!
 
 
Monroe: “Oh… I'm sorry… Were you having a moment to yourself?”
 
 
Monroe's thoughts: “Now for your next move… you'll throw the Spell binding circle Face-down… and put Neo in defense mode!”
 
 
Mykan: “I'll place one card Face-down, and Summon… NEO THE MAGIC SWORDSMAN… in defense-mode.”
 
(Atk:1700/ Def: 1000)
 
 
Monroe: “So it's my move again… eh?”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now… Red Archery Girl… Attack his magic swordsman!”
 
 
Mykan: “With your attack… you activated my trap card… SPELL BINDING CIRLCE!!”
 
“Now your Archery Girl is stuck, and can't move.”
 
 
Monroe: “Oh no… what to do?”
 
 
Clover:“Uh… you guys, why do I get the feeling that something bad is going to happen.”
 
 
Sam: “Yeah… it's almost as if Monroe wanted Mykan to do that.”
 
 
 
Monroe: “Oh dear… well I suppose the only way to beat your swordsman now is with this… STOP DEFENSE.”
 
Mykan: “What good would be switching my monster into attack mode if you can't attack it?”
 
 
Monroe: “Heh…heh… So I can play… MONSTER REBORN… and bring out another monster to do it.”
 
 
Mykan: “Monster Reborn? But you don't have any other monsters in your graveyard!”
 
 
Monroe: “Wrong again! That card I discarded from my hand last turn… remember it?”
 
“I use Monster Reborn to summon… RYU RAN… back from the grave.”
 
 
(Atk:2200/ Def: 2600)
 
 
Alex: “Oh man… this isn't good!”
 
 
Monroe: “Now Ryu Ran.. attack the Swordsman!”
 
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 7300/ Monroe: 8000)
 
 
Monroe:“But don't think I'm finished yet. Now I sue… REMOVE TRAP… to dismantle your Circle.”
 
“Now Red Archery Girl… Attack his life-points directly.”
 
 
 
Mykan: “GRR… ARGH!!”
 
 
SCORE: (Mykan: 5900/ Monroe: 8000)
 
 
Sam and Clover: “Mykan!!”
 
 
Sabrina: “NO…!!”
 
 
Alex: “Hang in there Mykan!”
 
 
Monroe: “Ha… Ha… Ha!”
 
“Poor Mykan… You honestly thought you could defeat the most powerful duelist in the world.”
 
“Why don't you just give up, and I just might let you leave peacefully.”
 
 
Mykan: “Never!”
 
 
Monroe: “Ah..?... what did you say?”
 
 
Mykan: “I never give up Monroe, and I'm not about to start. That's no way to get anywhere in Duel-monsters or in life.”
 
“I can to this island to gain back everything you took from me, and I tend to keep my word for it.”
 
 
Monroe: “I know that you idiot… you said yourself… I'm fighting for love… you didn't know how right you were.”
 
Mykan: “What?”
 
 
The Girls: “Huh?”
 
 
Monroe: “Ever since my wife died… I haven't been the same.”
 
“She was my whole world… No… My whole Universe! Never once during the day did I stop thinking about how much she meant to me.”
 
“When she gave birth to Sabrina, I was going to be the happiest and luckiest man in the world.”
 
“But it was cut short…”
 
“She was hit by a virus… one that couldn't be counteracted… and she was taken from me and this world.”
 
“I was so angry that I could even think straight anymore.”
 
“So I decided to venture out into the world and hopefully find a way to restore her to life.”
 
“Eventually I stumbled into a hidden crypt where I found the Millennium-Eye… waiting for me.”
 
“At First I resisted the urge, but suddenly, a strange voice called out to me.”
 
“It said that he knew of my problems and he could help me get my wife back… but only if I were able to obtain all seven of the Millennium-items.”
 
 
Mykan: “I see now.”
 
“King Monroe… I know how bad you feel for your wife… I feel the same way about my parents.”
 
“However… You're probably just going to end up even more broken hearted than ever if you believe what's in your head, and not in your heart.”
 
 
Monroe: “Shut up!”
 
“You never knew true love before and you're trying to tell me what's right, and what's wrong.”
 
“You don't fool me one little bit!”
 

Mykan: “No Monroe… you're only fooling yourself!”
 
 
Monroe's thoughts:“Hmm? Maybe this kid does understand a thing or two of losing people special to you.”
 
But he doesn't fool me at all. I will win this duel… and get back the Millennium-Necklace.”
 
“And with the power of my Millennium-Eye… it shouldn't be too much longer.”
 
 
TO BE CONTINTUED