Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Never Give Up! ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: *hiding in a corner with a mysterious bag*

DS: Has anyone seen my aibou?

Yami: *looks up from reading* No.

Ishtar: She has a millennium item, go ask Bakura or Ryou.

DS: They're on a date.

Kurama: Tough break. Maybe you should ask Ray.

Hiei: The Bladebreakers are out training for the next world championship.

Kurama: Oh yeah.

Goku: I think she's over there.

DS: Where?

Sakura: I can't see her.

Yue: You are wearing a blindfold, mistress.

Madison: *giggles and takes off the blindfold*

Sakura: Much better. *releases her light card*

Wingzero: *can be seen with a large bag of Pixy sticks*

Everyone: O_O!!!!!! *runs for their lives*

Wingzero: o^-^o More for me. *continues eating her Pixy sticks*

Now that we knew who we were going up against, we needed to set our plan in motion. Well, I would like to think we had a plan, but Yami hadn't figured one out and we were sitting around doing nothing. Most of us were.

Wing had finally joined us after she finished debugging her website. She said it had been giving her a hard time and she felt like throwing her laptop out the window, hopefully landing on Pegasus, Weevil, or Tea. For some reason, she didn't like the dancer, when she saw Tea on TV. Yeah, she was keeping up with the tournaments. It turned out she was right in not liking that b*tch. I certainly don't and it was hard to get me ticked off at someone.

Malik had been lounging on the chair, reading something. He fell out of his chair laughing, before getting back into it and continued reading his book. I wondered what could be so funny; then I saw he had a book with a collection of comics.

Ryou was currently sitting on the sofa, watching TV with Mokuba. No, they weren't watching those kiddie shows. They were watching Mutant X, which I considered to be violent, but with everything I've seen, I thought otherwise. Mokuba had been fascinated by this person named Emma, I think. She had the ability to send thoughts and read minds. He thought the guy with the lighting or thunder powers was cool, but not as cool as Jesse. The mutant had the ability to phase through objects or become rock hard. I thought Adam was a wimp, but he had a far superior mind than the rest of his team. You can say he was the brains of the operation.

Isis and Serenity were currently chatting. I have no idea what they were talking about, and I wasn't going to find out any time soon, nor did I want to. There were some things better left untold and these were some of them. Every once in awhile, I heard giggling coming from their direction. They must be having one interesting conversation.

Seto and Wing had been working on some sort of project. She informed us that she designed websites for small companies. I wondered what they could be working on at the moment. They had both of their laptops out and connected to the internet. It made me wonder why they would be working together in the first place.

Calin and Mirai stood on guard as always. They weren't going to let anyone dangerous come close to me without receiving a few injuries. I thought it was very overprotective of them, but I was glad they covered my back. I trusted them with my life.

The three yamis had been discussing plans with Shadi, the guardian of the millennium items. They were planning on setting a trap for Anzu and Tea, but they couldn't come up with an idea that will fool the expert mercenary. Bakura had told them she had learned everything he knew and therefore, they should come up with something new. Yami thought if they pretended it was like playing duel monsters, they might come up with an effective plan. Bakura scoffed at it in the beginning, but later on, he realized it was a good idea, despite not saying it verbally.

Joey had his hands full with Tristan. He was running around the mansion, chasing the brunette around the entire place while yelling threats. It was obvious he cared for his little sister, but she was growing up so quickly. Tristan attempted to calm the blonde down, with little success. Even with sound logic, Joey didn't pay attention to the reasoning. He only wanted to keep her sister safe even if it mean beating up his best friend so be it.

Then that left me. I had nothing to do and everyone else seemed busy I decided to keep my duel monsters company. They had noticed my sudden boredom and tried to help me alleviate my problem. We had tried having a discussion, but it ended rather abruptly. We couldn't think of anything to talk about.

"Bored?" Ryou said, sitting down next to me on the other sofa.

"You could say that," I sighed out loud. "What are we suppose to do?"

"I don't know," Ryou sighed as well. "We'll have to wait for our yamis to figure out a plan."

"Okay," I reluctantly agreed with them. "I wonder what role Pegasus has in this. Not to mention Bandit Keith."

"I could use my Millennium Rod on Bandit Keith," Malik offered, peeling his attention away from his comic book. "My darker half did in the past so can I."

"It would become suspicious if he was around Anzu," Ryou shook his head. "She will notice immediately that he was being controlled by your millennium item and change her plan. We need to find out their connection without revealing what we know."

"That is harder than it seems," I said negatively. "I doubt we can sneak into their houses, because we have no clue where they live."

"We can always follow Tea and Anzu," Malik suggested.

"Not a good idea," I replied. "With her millennium item, she has the ability to hide herself. She could sneak up on you without you realizing before it's too late."

"He has a point there," Ryou agreed with me. "We have to think strategically."

"Let's see," I said thoughtfully. "We know that Anzu had ordered something from Bandit Keith, but we don't know what it could be. All we know is that it is important to her plan or she wouldn't have paid extra."

"Do you think Bandit Keith could be in the black arms market?" Malik said out loud to himself.

"It would make sense," Ryou said. "After all, he's an American." (No offense to Americans. I'm one myself.)

"What kind of weapons do you think he's selling?" I asked the other two hikaris.

"Guns, I would think," Malik shrugged. "Knives, daggers, swords, axes, and anything that can cause serious damage to a human."

"You think?" I said, agreeing with him. "I hope she hasn't bought any weapons of mass destruction. That is the last thing we need."

Suddenly a blur of blonde and brown came rushing through the room and out the other door. "Joey!!!" an angry voice screamed. That caught everyone's attention.

We turned to find a very pissed off brunette and silver haired DJ. They were literally fuming at the mouth as they glared at where the two had departed. Before I could say anything, Wing had jumped out of her chair and ran after the two. Oh boy, I hoped God will have mercy on them as Wing didn't look like she was going to.

"What happened?" I asked the older Kaiba brother.

"Those two knocked out our internet connection during a large download," Seto growled. He picked up the cable connecting their laptops to the internet and plugged it into the router they had on the table. "When I get my hands on the mutt..."

"You will do no such thing!" Mai huffed. She had her arms crossed in an obvious defiance. "You will not harm a single hair on my little puppy."

"Okay," was all of our response, before we heard to loud screams of agony.

Wing waltzed back into the room with a smug smile on her face. "I doubt they're going to be having children any time soon."

"You didn't have to hit them there," Mai protested. Serenity giggled at the comment.

"No, I only hit them on their skull," Wing replied calmly. "They hit each other on their most precious parts after I gave them a good skull bashing."

"Well at least we'll know Serenity won't become pregnant any time soon," Bakura commented.

The mentioned girl blushed a bright red. She hadn't thought of having Tristan's children not yet anyways, but when the yami brought it up, it made her think. She wanted to start a family with her boyfriend, but not yet. First, she wanted to be married and then have children.

"Have you thought of anything yet?" I asked my darker half hopeful that he came up with something.

Yami shook his head to answer no. "If there was only a way for us to know more about her."

"I told you everything I know," Bakura scowled at the former pharaoh. "What do you expect me to tell you? You already know."

"No need to throw a hissy fit," Ishtar teased the former tomb robber.

"We have to take into consideration where, when, and how she will plan on attacking us," Seto said as he started typing on his laptop.

"Out of curiosity, what are you doing?" I asked peering over his shoulder, once I had walked over towards him and Wing. I glanced over her shoulder as well.

"We're currently hacking into the systems," Wing replied for the both of them. "I've managed to isolate a large transaction of weapons, but I'm unable to confirm whether Anzu bought it or if Bandit Keith is one the selling them."

"Do you know where it coming from?" I asked her.

"I'm working on that part," Seto replied this time. Everyone gathered around the two people typing away on their laptops. "They have a tough security system, but it should be no problem at all with my expertise."

"Don't you mean our?" Wing snorted. "I was the one who found the weapons shipment."

"Whatever," Seto muttered. He returned back to typing on his laptop. "Here it is. It's arriving from a small town in northern Japan."

"Typical," Malik muttered. "The villains always camp out in some deserted area before they strike or they have one of their resources there."

Isis scolded her younger brother. "How many times do I have to tell you those comics are rotting your brain?!?!" She grabbed his comic book and threw it into the paper shredder.

"But sis!!!" Malik whined.

"Could you yell any louder?" The two computer hackers scowled at the siblings.

"Sorry," the siblings apologized.

"Let's see what we can do here," Wing said, typing a few things on her laptop. "Wait a second, I see a hole in the module."

"What module?" Seto asked, glancing over in her direction.

"In the data entry module, there is a bug," Wing answered calmly. "I'm in and I'm going through the shipping records. Hopefully, I can find something on that shipment. It could be arriving by train though, so someone will have to look over the train records."

"I'll guess I'll handle that," Mokuba said, bringing his laptop to join them. "Seto had taught me a few things about computers. The rest I picked up on my own."

"That's good, I guess," Tristan said nervously scratching the back of his head.

"I found who is selling and buying a large shipment of weapons," Seto announced. "He goes by the alias of American Duelist. He is very well known among the open black market for selling illegal fire arms to anyone who is willing to pay his price. I haven't cracked into the database as they are using a complex key."

"What does that mean?" Joey asked.

"It means shut up," Ishtar said, thwacking Joey on the back side of his head. "Leave them be or they won't be able to track down the shipment."

"Ouch!" Joey screamed out loud as one Millennium Rod made contact with his thick skull. "You could have just said something instead of hitting me on the head."

"Yeah," Bakura agreed with Joey, surprising everyone in the room. "He needs all the brain cells he has and you killing them off isn't helping."

"That is if he has any," Seto added to that comment.

"Hey! I didn't come in second at the Duelist Kingdom and Battle City for nothing!" Joey growled. He crossed his arms and plopped into one of the chairs. Mai immediately went to comfort her boyfriend before he said anything drastic that would end his life in three seconds.

"I have a negative on the train stations around here," Mokuba informed the rest of us. "I even checked for unregistered trains. They don't appear to have the shipments we're looking for."

"So it must be by boat," Wing added to that information. "I haven't finished checking every dock here, because there are so many. Not to mention, they have a few ships coming in almost every ten minutes."

"In any case, I have identified the seller as Bandit Keith," Seto announced the good news. "The bad news is he has hired an illegal smuggler to sneak the weapons in during the night. Finding the ship it is coming on or the docks will be very useless. They have already unloaded their cargo and are waiting for their customer to pick it up."

"Wait a minute," I spoke up. "Didn't Tea say they were expecting Bandit Keith to call them or something?"

"I believe so," Yami agreed with me. "She was also hoping to hear from Pegasus. I'm guessing this operation of her requires lots of money. She will have posses it herself or she will have to find someone else who does."

"And who better than Pegasus?" Malik said filling in the rest of the puzzle.

"He has been after the millennium items ever since the duelist tournament he hosted," Ryou commented. He took a deep breath. "At least we know he can't read our minds, because we have the Millennium Eye."

"That's good," Bakura commented. "But they still have another millennium item at their disposal or has everyone forgotten about the Millennium Arm Band."

"How can we forget something like that?" My darker half asked sarcastically. "That thing has been a curse ever since they trapped her inside of it. They were better off killing her when they had the chance."

"To true," Bakura agreed with him, surprising us yet another time. "Sometimes, I wish my little sister would return to the way she was. She used to be bright and enthusiastic. Every time, I was in town or taking a break, she wanted me to teach her something new. She wanted me to hang out with her and be her older brother, but something has changed her for the worst. I'm sorry that I couldn't save her in time."

"It wasn't your fault," his hikari said soothingly. He started to rub his yami's back. "You never made her chose that. All you can do is be there guide her. It is up to your sister, whether she takes your advice or not."

"Hikari, you amaze me," Bakura said, pulling Ryou into a lip locking action. Fortunately for the couple, Mokuba had his eyes glued to his computer screen and couldn't see what was going on, but his brother did. He glared at the couple, giving the hint for them to cut it out. Bakura could care less what the former high priest wanted.

Joey had instantly covered his little sister's eyes so she couldn't see the lip locking action. Serenity had protested, saying that she was a big girl now, but Joey heeded none of that. He didn't want his sister to be corrupted at a young age.

"I think we have enough of that for one day," Ishtar commented.

"I have to agree with him," Yami said, backing up Malik's yami. He also tried to cover my eyes, but I managed to slip out of his grasp. "There are young children here and we don't want to expose them to your... your...."

"My what?" Bakura asked coyly after they broke the kiss.

"Never mind," Yami huffed.

Wing banged her head on the table. "Then my search for the dock had been a complete waste of my time. Why didn't anyone say so in the first place?"

"Because we didn't know," Seto replied. "I wasn't able to crack their key until some time ago."

"If it makes you feel better, I searched the entire train schedule for nothing," Mokuba offered his sympathy.

"So where does that leave us now?" I asked the others.

"That leaves us in deep trouble," Bakura answered this one.

"I think I'll go take a bath," I sighed. "I need some time to relax."

"Sure thing, Yugi," Seto said. "You know where the bathroom is and there should be a butler to help you if you need anything."

*****

Wing's POV

Yugi said something about taking a bath and needing to relax. As for the rest of us, we waited around in silence for awhile before Bakura spoke up.

"You do realize that she isn't going to stop until she gets what she wants."

I started typing away on my laptop, trying to find some clues as to where they were holding such a large amount of weapons. There had to be some abandoned warehouse around here. Just great, I was starting to sound like Malik. That was not good. Wait a second, if Pegasus was involved, then they could be hiding out at one of his facilities.

Peering over my shoulder, Seto watched as I went through Pegasus' properties. "I should have thought of that."

"Maybe you weren't quick enough," I quipped, searching through his file. "Let's see, he owns the Duelist Kingdom, but of course we all know that."

"Oh yeah, who could forget that?" Joey asked sarcastically. "We were almost run over by a boulder, trapped in a cave, and dueling those weirdos."

"What weirdos?" Mai inquired.

"We had to duel Para and Dox," Yami answered instead of her boyfriend. "It was a tag team duel in a maze. They had set it so they had an advantage, but we managed to overcome them."

"Don't forget that creepy duelist," Joey added with a shudder. "I think his name was Bones or something. He looked like he could be one of those zombie duel monsters of his."

"I'm glad I didn't go there," Malik said.

"He has several factories across the entire world," I spoke up interrupting their trip down memory lane. "I'm looking for ones within the vicinity." I started typing up again, looking for anything in Japan.

"I think he has a factory here," Mokuba said thoughtfully. "I remember going on a field trip when I was younger."

"Then that's where they're most likely holding the weapons," Tristan added.

"Yeah, but where is it located?" Seto asked impatiently.

"I've got it!" I chirped as I pulled up a map to the location. "It's fifteen minutes away from here, assuming there isn't heavy traffic."

"Then we should go now," Seto said as he closed his laptop.

"We need a plan, Kaiba," Yami said in a stern manner. "You can't go barging into any situation. Knowing Anzu, she'll probably set up traps, preventing anyone from entering."

Seto growled as he took his seat. "I hate it when you're right."

"So what do we do?" Ryou asked softly.

"We have to draw her out," his yami answered. "You three aren't coming."

"We can help," Malik pouted. "I've been taking martial art lessons."

"Big deal," Ishtar said. "Even if you know how to defend yourself against physical attacks, you can't against magical ones."

Malik sighed. "You have a point there."

A couple of hours later, we met up with my older sister at the local coffee shop. When I became involved in this, I didn't know how it would turn out. Heck, I didn't even know how I became involved in the first place. All I remember was talking to Seto while he dropped by the room he lent me. He asked me if I could help him with something and I agreed to it, but I had no clue it dealt with hacking into secured systems.

As we were lounging around the area, we heard several explosions, followed by several people panicking. They were yelling something about a crazy lady and duel monsters coming to life. We instantly knew it could only be Anzu. She wouldn't dare use her magic in public and in broad daylight, but that was Anzu for you. I didn't know much about her, but from what the others told me, I started hating her before I even knew her.

"Yugi, Ryou, and Malik, stay out of sight," Yami ordered the hikaris.

Joey immediately ran over towards his little sister and Mai. He pulled them behind the counter of the coffee shop. I saw him take a defensive position over the ones he loved the most. Tristan also stood over Serenity. He wouldn't allow his girlfriend to be hurt not after what she had been through. I had been told she had this rare eye disease and the surgery to fix it was expensive. That was why Joey entered the tournament. He wanted to win the money for the operation. The yamis made sure their hikaris were safe before heading out to attack her. Seto wanted to go, but he figured he would only get in their way.

Malik stood guard over me and Isis. Don't ask why he was protecting me, because I don't have a clue. He figured since I was the only person without a man to protect myself, he will take over the position. After all, he did owe me for grabbing my hand in his sleep. I glanced over to where Ryou and Yugi were huddled. Ryou was trying to sooth Yugi, who appeared to be in hysterics. Why you should ask? It was for obvious reasons. Tea wanted him out of the picture so he was the most likely target.

I crawled over towards him. "Hey Yugi, everything is going to be fine. Your boyfriend will take care of everything and our lives can go back to normal."

"I don't know about that," Ryou sighed. "We don't exactly have normal lives."

"Oh right," I laughed nervously.

"What are we suppose to do now?" Malik asked as the minutes dragged on.

"We wait for them to come back," Ryou replied. His voice was calm as ever.

"Speaking of which, where is Shadi?" Isis asked.

"I have no clue," Seto replied. "The last place I saw him was back at home."

"You don't think Anzu got to him?" His little brother asked with fear in his eyes.

"I highly doubt it," Seto said.

Suddenly the windows were blown in by a huge force. We had to cover our ears to as a loud sound accompanied the blast. When the dust cleared, I saw Anzu along with Tea on a duel monster. Clenching my fists, I looked over the makeshift barricade. They were standing there with smug smiles on their faces.

"There he is," Tea said pointing over in our direction.

We all had the common sense, to move out of the way when her dragon powered up for an attack, but something was holding Yugi back. He couldn't move his leg as it was being held by something. Tried as he might, he couldn't budge. The dragon was about to fire when I pushed him with all of my strength. I knew that I wouldn't be able to move out of the way, but I didn't want this innocent boy to be killed.

I felt pain searing through my body as the attack made contact. My body was literally being burned. The intense heat made me scream in pain, pain that I never knew. I heard several screams coming from every direction. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I heard the voice of my older sister screaming. My only thought was if Yugi was alive. I hoped I was able to push him out of the way before it hit. Closing my eyes, I knew it was my time. Please remember me when I'm gone.

****

Yugi's POV

I remembered seeing the attack coming and then someone pushed me out of the way. Turning around, I saw Wing being hit with the attack. My eyes were wide with horror as she screamed in pain. The others were yelling, but I didn't pay any attention. She sacrificed her life to save me. Why? Why did she do that?

"Dang it," Tea scowled in a loud voice. She was obviously not happy with the results. "He was supposed to be killed not her."

"Fire again," Anzu ordered her dragon, but just as the dragon opened its mouth to fire, a Blue Eyes White Dragon appeared along with the Dark Magician, Celtic Guardian, Flame Swordsman, Change of Hearts, Cyber Commander, and Harpies Lady. "Withdraw."

I immediately ran to where she lay. I tried to feel for a pulse, but there wasn't any. She was gone. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I remembered her to be a good friend, no make that best friend. She gave up her life so that I could live. Her older sister knelt next to me. For the first time, I saw her cry. She was crying over the lost of her little sister.

"Is everyone okay?" My darker half asked. Then he saw how silent we were and our sad expressions. Joey was comforting his sister, who was scared and crying. She didn't like to see people die, not after her friend best friend died from cancer. Mai stood there. She wasn't crying, not because she didn't care. She couldn't. Mokuba was also crying. He looked over towards his brother with teary eyes.

"No," I replied as I moved out of the way. His face turned to anger as he saw her lifeless body on the ground. "She sacrificed her life to save mine. She could have gotten out of the way, but she used the time to push me out of the way."

"Anzu is going to pay dearly for this," Bakura growled.

"And Tea," Ishtar added.

"Is there any way you could bring my little sister back?" DS pleaded through her tears.

"There is a way you can see you little sister again," Yami replied with a grave tone. "But she won't be human."

"Please do it."

Seto: O_o I can't believe you killed yourself off.

Wingzero: Neither can I.

Yami: Why did you kill yourself off?

Wingzero: *shrugs*

Yami: What do I mean when I say you won't be human?

Wingzero: You'll have to wait next chapter to find out.

DS: WHO KILLED MY HIKARI?!?!?!?!?!?!

Everyone: *points to Tea and Anzu*

DS: OMAE O KORUSO!!!!!! *chases the two annoying dancer*

Wingzero: Okay..... You'll have to wait for the next chapter to see what I will be turned into. ^_~ Whoever guesses it will have a cameo appearance in the next chappie Ja for now.