Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Forgive Me ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: *watches as her yami chases Yami Yugi*

Ryou: Shouldn't we stop her?

Yugi: Why?

Joey: Yeah, this is getting interesting.

Death Scythe: *has Yami in a headlock* This will be quick I promise.

Yami: *whimpers*

Wingzero: I can't stand seeing him like this. Death Scythe, I think he's been tortured enough already.

Death Scythe: Very well Aibou. *releases a very happy Yami*

Yami: *runs as far away as possible*

Yugi: I never knew he can run that fast.

Wingzero: Neither did I.

Death Scythe: Who knew?

Wingzero: *groans* The disclaimers.

Death Scythe: A curse to disclaimers, but I will do them.

Wingzero: You will?

Death Scythe: Yes.

Wingzero: *huggles her yami*

Death Scythe: My aibou does not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

################################################################ ########

Someone was standing in my soul room….. crying. I cracked my eyes to find the source. A lone figure sat at the edge of my bed. His back turned to me.

Why didn't I remember? Yami and I were connected through the puzzle. I should have thrown it away or left it at home, but noooo, I was too depressed to even think about it. No use crying over spilled milk

Yami turned around and opened his mouth to say something. Nothing came out, not even a whisper.

"Stay away from me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Please listen to me," my darker half pleaded. He was literally crawling back to me.

I abruptly turned my back to him. "I never want to speak to you again!"

"I deserve that," Yami said, his voice filled with sorrow. "Please just listen to me. That's all I ask. I won't bother you again."

"I'm listening," I said as I faced him.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. Too late for that, he shattered my heart. "I don't know what came over me. Something inside of me snapped. I don't know why."

"It's no excuse," I snapped at him.

"You're right, it's no excuse for my behavior," Yami agreed with me. "When I heard you were………… ummmmm. You caught me completely off guard. I panicked. Before I realized I snapped at you, you were gone."

Okay, he already said that before.

"I called our friends and asked them if you were there," Yami continued. "They hadn't seen you since they left our house. Then I tried calling Kaiba except he hung up on me. He's right I really don't deserve you."

You don't deserve me. If you only knew half the things I did for you, then you will see. I sacrificed my happiness for you. Several times, I watched as I gave and gave expecting nothing in return. And this is how he treats me?

"If you only knew," I whispered but not loud enough for Yami to hear, at least that's what I thought.

"Aibou, you're not telling me something."

"Don't call me Aibou!" I yelled at him again.

"Very well, Yugi," Yami said giving up that battle.

"I didn't tell you, because I wasn't sure how you're going to react," I explained to my confused darker half. "And from the way you reacted, I don't think you can handle it."

"Ai-Yugi, I will not lose control," Yami said trying to assure me.

"How can I trust you?" I stated flatly. "You promised you wouldn't hurt me. You lied to me. How do I know this isn't another one?"

Yami's head bowed down. "Because I don't want to lose you."

"You wouldn't notice." I retorted.

"You're my other half, how could I not notice?" Yami said. "You're the reason why I'm here. You solved the puzzle when no one else could."

"And I wish I hadn't," I said before realizing what I said.

"I guess what they say is true, `What comes around goes around'" Yami quoted.

"Yah think," I said without thinking it through.

Yami moved closer to me. I could now feel his warm body. His scent drifted towards me, tempting me to take him back. I hate having female hormones, darn them. "I know things will never be the same."

"You can say that again."

"How can I win your trust?" Yami pleaded with me.

"Show me you care," I answered him truthfully.

Yami nodded his head. "I do care."

"Then prove it," I told him.

"I haven't told the others," Yami informed me. "I felt you should be the one."

He scored one point for keeping it a secret. "What do they know?" I was now curious. He had asked the others if I was at their house.

"When they asked why I had called them, I told them we had a huge fight and you ran off," Yami answered my question truthfully, I hoped.

"What did they say?" I asked very much interested.

"Joey said he couldn't believe we fought," Yami continued. "Ryou was worried about you seeing as it was raining. Tristan wanted to go searching for you immediately. Tea was concerned for you."

"How is Grandpa doing?" I questioned.

"He stayed up half the night worrying until I managed to persuade him to sleep."

How could I do this to Grandpa? I should have called when I arrived to tell him I'm at a friend's house, but I wasn't thinking at all.

"I don't blame you for not calling," Yami said. "After what I've put you through."

I slumped down in my bed. Should I forgive him? He appeared to be sad, on the verge of crying. Then again, he could be faking it. Perhaps, I can sense his feelings. I concentrated on his form. Waves of sorrow and grief crashed against the shores. When I was using my connection, he must have felt my emotions: confusion, anger, sorrow.

"Yugi, I will wait forever," Yami announced. "I will do whatever it takes to win you back, I swear."

"It will take awhile," I informed him. He had really broken my heart. I had started to heal, but I was a long way from completely recovering.

"I can wait," Yami said.

"Where do we go from here?" I asked Yami.

"I don't know," the former Pharaoh answered.

Silence ensued before Yami spoke up again. "Only time will tell."

"Let the healing begin," I said staring at the door.

Yami looked as if he had forgotten something. He pulled out a shining object from his pocket. "This is a promise ring."

"I know that," I retorted. What does he think I am, Duo Maxwell?

"I promise I will never hurt you," Yami remade his promise as he offered me the ring.

Hesitating a moment, I didn't know what to do. Should I take it or reject it? Do as my heart tells me. (if you didn't know it's from Gundam Wing, can you guess who says it) My heart hasn't healed enough to tell me.

His expression changed to sorrow when I didn't accept the ring. Thinking quickly, everyone deserves a second chance. Even Yami Bakura had one and look at what he has done to his aibou. Ryou forgave his yami instantly when Yami Bakura begged for his forgiveness. Pulling back the ring, he was about to close his fist when I grabbed it.

Yami fell off my bed in surprise. He landed with a thud. His eyes blinked rapidly as he realized what had happened.

Looking at Yami down on the floor, I began laughing at him. He looked irritated at me, then joined me. You know, that was the first time I laughed ever since……….

"It's good to hear you laugh," Yami confessed.

"Hmmmm, it feels good too," I smirked. Suddenly a yawn came out of nowhere.

"You should sleep," Yami tucked me in.

"Yes, sleep," I muttered before drifting off.

The next morning I woke up and almost screamed when I remembered I was at Seto's house. Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself down. I quickly changed and bounded downstairs. The smell of breakfast enticed me to go faster.

Seto and Mokuba were already at the table eating when I arrived. "Good morning," both Kaibas greeted me.

"Did you sleep well?" the older Kaiba asked as he set down his newspaper.

"Yes I did," I chirped.

"You seem cheerful today," Seto observed.

"I can't help it," I said. "It's these hormones."

"What?" the younger Kaiba sat there confused.

"I didn't tell him," Seto informed me.

"Tell me what, big brother," Mokuba pestered him.

"Yugi should be the one," Seto pointed out.

Mokuba turned his attention away from his brother to me. "I'm sorry about last night. Seto told me you got into a nasty fight with Yami and that you ran over here, but he wouldn't tell me why."

"I don't think you're old enough for this," I said cautiously.

"Seto lets me watch PG-13 movies," Mokuba whined.

What's the harm in telling him? "You have to promise not to tell anyone." I said.

"I promise with sugar on top," Mokuba said proudly.

"I was born both male and female," I said hoping I wouldn't get the same reaction as Yami.

"That sounds cool," Mokuba smiled. "I heard about them before, but I never thought one of my friends would be one."

Man that was a relief. At least that is over with. One thing I learned was not to hesitate. I learned this the hard way. His big brother was even surprised at his reactions.

Seto had a servant bring me breakfast. As soon as he served it, I had started eating it right away. I hadn't this hungry before. Oh my, I'm turning into Joey.

"Seems like someone's hungry this morning," Seto teased me about my appetite.

Swallowing another bite, I chided him. "I'd like to see you go through what I've been through and not be this hungry."

We all had a good laugh. After breakfast was finished, we hung out in the game room. Seto wanted to duel, but seeing me nearly break down, he asked me what I wanted to play. Mokuba said anything I picked was fine with him.

Then one of their servants walked into the room as we were starting racing simulations. "Somebody is here to see Yugi."

"Did you get a name?" Seto asked his servant.

"He wouldn't give it to me," the servant answered. "And he has brought his friends with him. Should I send them up?"

"Your call Yugi."

################################################################ ########

Wingzero: Ack. Writer's block. Btw, Yami bought the promise ring to give to Tea, but instead he decided to give it to Yugi.

Death Scythe: Death to all writer's block.

Everyone: *shakes their head in disagreement*

Wingzero: You dare to disagree with me!

Everyone: Yeah.

Wingzero: You're so mean. *sobs*

Death Scythe: You shouldn't have done that. For that you will all DIE!!!!!!!

Everyone: *cowers in fear*

Mai: Yugi is on the road to healing, but what happens between Seto and Yami? Is Yugi attracted to Seto Kaiba? How does Yami feel about his aibou, now that the air has cleared? And what about Tea?

Tea: What about me?

Wingzero: Nothing.

Tea: *raises her hand to slap Wingzero*

Death Scythe: *notices in time and saves her aibou* FOR THAT YOU WILL PAY!!!!!! *drops Mount Everest on Tea*

Tea: @_@

Yugi: *pokes Tea with a stick* Is she dead?

Seto: Well all pray she is.