Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Carnival Trip ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Okay, our first meeting of the Anti-Tea club is now in session. What do we have on the agenda for today?

Death Scythe: We need to elect a secretary.

Yami: I nominate my aibou.

Mai: Joey

Serenity: Joey also.

Seto: Yugi.

Tristan: Yugi.

Ryou: Yugi.

Yami Bakura: I don't care!

Wingzero: Pick one.

Yami Bakura: Fine! Yugi.

Calin: I vote for my master. (AN Yugi's Celtic Guardian in Meeting My Yami)

Mirai: I also vote for Master Yugi. (Also from the same fic, Dark Magician)

Orion: I vote for my master. (Joey's Flame Swordsman)

Cyan: I vote for whoever my master is voting for. (Tristan's Cyber Commando)

Duo: I vote for Joey, no Yugi, no Joey, no Yugi. Ummmmmmm. Whoever my master votes for I agree. (Ryou's Change of Heart card)

Drake: Yugi. (Seto's Blue Eyes White Dragon)

Wingzero: Congratulations Yugi, you are now the club secretary.

Yugi: Yay! ^_^

Yami: I know, I know, the disclaimers. Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

CarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnival CarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCar nival

Sighing I leaned against Yami, tired and utterly disappointed. Today had been ruined by his fans. They were relentless. I haven't seen this sort of crowd since………. Well I don't know when, but it was a long time ago. Yami had his usual mask on. I wondered what he was thinking. Even though we can sense each other's feelings, we can't read the other's minds. I nudged my darker half to get his attention.

Apparently, Yami was deep in thought. Sometimes he does that. The others thought he was talking to me via our connection, but when they saw me, they knew he was deep in thought and didn't like to be disturbed. Although at times, I had the nerve to break him out of them. He didn't mind, because I was his aibou. Actually, he thought it was kind of funny. One time, Joey made a mistake of trying to snap him out of a trance. Boy, was he ever sorry.

Maybe Yami was musing about today's events. How did the duelists know we were there? Was there a dueling competition nearby? It's unusual for so many duelists to be at the beach. Or was it some strange coincidence? Or had Pegasus invited them to a beach party in order to annoy us since we had defeated him?

I took a deep breath and jumped onto Yami's lap. In less than a second after, I hugged his waist or above it, I think. Yami nearly jumped himself, but I added extra weight, so he only got about a few inches off the chair. He ruffled my hair.

"What do you want Aibou?"

Looking innocent as possible, I asked him, "I want to know why you were ignoring me on our way back home."

Yami's expression changed drastically. He looked sorrowful. "Have I been ignoring you?"

Nodding my head, I agreed with his statement. "You have a lot to make up for, especially after today's event."

The corners of his mouth turned upward into a smirk. "Well, I seemed to recall a certain dueler wanted to go to the beach."

I pouted. He had me there, but the battle wasn't over. "Still you could have made them go away. And I'm not talking about using your magic."

"You saw how relentless they were," Yami sighed. "Sometimes, I wonder if it's worth going out in public with so many duelists around."

If I rested a bit, I would have enough energy to have fun at the carnival, but Yami might not want to go out after today. Giving Yami the most adorable puppy eyes, I made my request. "Yami, can we please go to the carnival tonight?'

Yami laughed a little before answering. "I don't know. What if there are crazy duelists there?"

"Well, if there are no mobs there, we will stay," I compromised, hoping it would work. Also, I looked deep into his ruby eyes with my own amethyst eyes. "If there happens to be an unruly mob of dueling fans out there, we will immediately return home, without being followed, of course. Then, we will head to the nearest video rental store and rent a few movies. We'll spend the night watching movies and eating junk food."

He sat, thinking for a few minutes. "Okay, but the moment we get mobbed by a crowd of fans, we're leaving."

Smiling, I agreed. Score, I had won that battle. I hugged him tightly, but he didn't seem to mind as he had a smile on his face. Absently, I leaned my head against his shoulders. Yami tensed a little before relaxing. I wonder what was that all about.

"We have to go on the ferris wheel," I said, not moving an inch from where I sat. "It's one of the best rides there."

"What is it?" Yami asked, slightly moving.

"What, is Yami scared of a little ride?" I teased him. Soon, I found myself pinned to the seat with a grinning yami on top of me.

"Now, what makes you think the king of games backs down from little rides?" he quipped.

"You were shaking," I smirked at the once pharaoh. I tried to pull away from his grasp, but he was stronger than me.

"We're here," the driver announced as we pulled up at our house. He stopped the car and rushed to get out.

Once the door was opened, Yami grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder. So now I was with my rear sticking up, my face above my Yami's butt, and my legs in his grasp. Using his free hand, Yami picked up our bag before heading toward home. The driver, noticing Yami had his hands full, opened the door to the game shop for us.

Grandpa sat, as always, behind the cash register waiting for customers to arrive. The store was currently unoccupied by them. Since I can only see the front door, I wondered what his reaction was to us coming in, in this fashion.

"I see you're home," Grandpa said with an amused tone. "Did you two have fun at the beach?"

"No, Grandpa," I answered quickly before Yami could. "Those stupid fans got in the way. I swear, they were acting more like the paparazzi."

"Your adoring fans, I see," Grandpa teased both of us.

"It wasn't my aibou they were crowding around," Yami snarled a little. "They kept us apart, for half the time we were there. The only time we spent together was the water fight we had."

I heard Grandpa let out a long sigh. "What do you boys plan to do tonight?" He already knew my other secret.

"We plan on going to the carnival," Yami answered, unsure what it was.

"Hopefully there won't be any rabid duel fans there," I said, a little bit sarcastically.

"I hope so," Grandpa said, knowing full well that I deeply cherished the time spent alone with my darker half, which wasn't as often as I would like to be.

"Yami, I can walk," I protested. "Put me down."

I heard Yami laugh at my remark. Unluckily for me, he only held onto me longer. "Now Aibou, I don't want you to be separated from me again."

"But we're at home," I continued to protest.

Before Yami could answer, Grandpa remembered something. "Seto called this afternoon and left a message."

"What did he want?" Yami's good mood turned sour at the mention of his archrival's name.

"He called to make sure you arrived safely and, assuming you had already returned from the beach, to ask you if you had a good time. From what I heard, you had a terrible time."

Yami nodded his head. "We'll be upstairs getting ready to go to the carnival." He still had me slung over his shoulders. As soon as we passed Grandpa, I turned up my head and waved to him, which he returned.

When we reached my room, Yami set me gently down on my bed. He started to unpack our belongings. Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to change into something a little warmer. Though it was summer, the nights were still chilly.

After changing, I remembered the oyster I found. Banging it on my desk, I tried opening it. Yami stood behind me and watched as I embarrassed myself in front of him. Finally, he took the sea shell from my grasp and set it down on the table. From his pocket, he produced a switch blade knife - I never knew he owned one. He pried the shell open to discover a shiny white pearl.

"That's beautiful," I commented, examining as it sat in the palm of my hands.

"It is," he agreed. "What do you plan to do with it?"

"I plan on giving this to a friend as a thank you present," I said, not taking my eyes off it for a second.

"Who might this be?" Yami questioned me.

"You don't want to know," I answered quickly. He and Seto had a long rivalry, so I thought it be best not to let him know, considering how this morning went.

A few seconds of silence passed before Yami asked if it was for Seto Kaiba. I didn't know how to respond to that one. Should I be direct and tell him? Or should I be discrete and let him figure it out?

"It's to thank him for allowing me to spend a night at his house and for comforting me," I replied truthfully and hoping it would not result in disaster.

More time elapsed, with no conversation between us. "He deserves some credit," Yami reluctantly admitted. At least he didn't explode, like the last time I was honest with him.

I placed it in the small jewelry box that had once held my promise ring. When I meet him next time, I will present him with my token of gratitude. "Are you changed, Yami?"

"Yes, I am," Yami replied. Both of us headed downstairs to the limousine. I wondered why he had remained here. Perhaps Seto wanted us to arrive safely at our destinations and he couldn't accompany us on our trip.

Outside the room that connected the shop to the house, we both heard Grandpa talking to someone else. Yami's eyes narrowed. He must recognize the owner of the second voice. Then I too, recalled that voice. It was Seto Kaiba. He was here at our game shop but for what, more dueling cards?

"What do you want Kaiba?" Yami growled, entering the shop.

Seto turned to face his archrival in duel tournaments. "I came by to check on Yugi."

Standing behind Yami, Seto couldn't see me, but I can hear him.

"He's fine," Yami said, a fierceness in his voice. "We're going to the carnival."

"Mokuba has been pestering me to go there last weekend except he became ill," Seto said with an amused look. "I had promised to take him either today or tomorrow, but seeing as you're going why not all of us ride there together?"

"My aibou and I are spending quality time," Yami growled even more. "We don't need the likes of you to ruin the entire evening."

Tugging on his usual coat, I begged Yami not to fight with Seto. "Why don't we all go together? It doesn't mean we have to stay with the brothers for the entire time."

Yami gave in to my logic. The carnival was supposed to be huge. With the crowds attending, we would hardly see each other. At least, my yami and I had a telepathic connection just in case we were separated from each other.

"Great, we're heading there right now," Seto stated. He began moving towards the door when I stopped him.

"I wanted to give you this," I said, holding out a small ring box. "It's a thank you gift."

The older Kaiba smiled down at me. He carefully opened the small package to find a beautiful pearl. "This is beautiful. Where did you buy it?"

"I didn't buy it," I giggled, watching him inspect it. "I found it at the beach."

"Thank you Yugi," Seto smiled again. He should do that more often. The only person I've ever seen him smile at before was his younger brother.

Yami stood there glaring at Seto. I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the store, before he could cause any bodily harm. Through our link, I sensed his anger and resentment at Kaiba. Yami didn't seem to mind being dragged around by me. In fact, I was beginning to think he liked it.

Moving at a slower rate, Seto followed us to the waiting limousine. He had arrived with his own, so he dismissed the one who drove us. Wow, he can afford to rent two of them. Perhaps one of them is his full time staff. Inside, Mokuba waited anxiously for his big brother to arrive with us.

We piled into the car and the driver took off. Mokuba could hardly contain his excitement. "What do you want to do first?"

"Well……," I trailed off, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

"What my aibou is trying to say is that we wanted to spend some quality time with each other," Yami spoke up for me.

Mokuba held an expression of confusion on his face. "I thought you two spend way too much time together."

"Quite the opposite," I answered grimly. "Yami has been spending his time with a certain brunette, while leaving his hikari behind."

"I get the point," Yami said, no expression in his tone.

"Are you talking about Tea?" Mokuba asked.

"Yes," Yami replied with sorrow.

"Figures," Seto snarled.

Choosing to ignore Seto's comments, Yami waited patiently for us to arrive at the carnival grounds. The rest of us also made no conversation.

CarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnival CarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCarnivalCar nival

Wingzero: Now we have a secretary. We need someone who can act as a representative of both groups. Yugi is already secretary. DS has taken vice-pres. I am the current pres. So who do you want to vote for?

Death Scythe: This is where you the reviewers get to chose who will become the representative.

Yugi: The representative is in charge of acting as an intermediate between the management and the clients. Here are your choices: Yami, Seto, Joey, Tristan, Ryou, Yami Bakura, Mai, Serenity, Calin, Mirai, Orion, Cyan, Duo, or Drake.

Wingzero: Sorry to all the Mokuba fans out there, but we think the little guy was a bit young to join the group. When he grows up, he will be immediately accepted.

Mai: Seto and Yami head towards the carnival hoping to spend quality with Yugi. Unfortunately only one of them will have the chance. At the fair, Yami realizes his growing love for his other half and debates whether or not he should pursue this relationship. What is Yami to do? How will Tea respond to his decision? Will Seto and Yami fight over Yugi's affection? How far can their rivalry go? Stay tuned to find out. Oh, please vote for me as representative.

Wingzero: NO ADVERTISING!!!!!

Mai: Bye now! *runs off stage*

Wingzero: *sighs* Ja Ne!