Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Carnival Catastrophe ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Not many of you voted, but here are the results. The new representative is………….

Death Scythe: Yami!

Yugi: *huggles Yami* Now we're both in the administration.

Yami: *huggles Yugi*

Wingzero: *cough, cough*

Yami: Wha?

Wingzero: The disclaimers.

Yami: Do I still have to do it?

Death Scythe: *smirks evilly*

Yami: Eep! Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh!

FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN< /div>

When we arrived there, we decided to split up into two groups. The Kaiba brothers headed towards the rides, while Yami and I went to the haunted house. I wanted to see why Joey and Tristan had said it was the best. Yami didn't understand their need to be scared as entertainment, but since I wanted to go, he reluctantly agreed.

We walked into the pitch black tunnel. Spider webs covered forgotten corners and the archways. On the floor, scattered debris littered the floor. I clutched Yami's right arm with both of mine as I felt the coolness of the mist trickling down my neck. Stepping into the first room, we located a small door. It opened slowly followed by small, furry creatures running out. I held my breath, thinking that they were going to lunge at us.

Yami made some sort of noise. Then, he pulled me along to the other end of the room, but before we can finish crossing, a huge skeleton lunged out of a secret closet. My immediate reaction was to hang onto Yami for dear life. By the time it was over, I had recovered enough of my senses to see my other half smirking. People weren't supposed to be smiling, were they?

The next room appeared to be an abandoned kitchen. Rodents, hopefully mechanical, were scurrying about the place looking for food. We had stepped on the designated path when suddenly eerie noises started. At first it started with whispers. Then the ghostly voices started arguing about whose fault it was that they ended up dead. Finally, the voices noticed us and began blaming us. Knives and other sharp kitchen utensils floated in the air, pointed in our direction. I, still latched onto Yami, decided to run for it before they had a chance to fire. Yami, caught off guard, nearly lost his balance before balancing himself.

//You insist we come here; yet you act as if you want out.//

Smiling, I laughed at my darker half's lack of knowledge. /That's the entire point, to be scared to death./

He shook his head. //Some amusement this turned out to be.//

/Oh lighten up and live a little/

//If it makes you happy.//

We entered the family room. Nothing unusual here. Perhaps they didn't add anything to this room, so that visitors would be on edge. Yami looked around for anything that might cause me bodily harm. He knew that this was for pure entertainment, but he couldn't help it. Next to dueling, protecting me was an instinct for him.

From out under the covers came large creatures that stood on all fours. They had red eyes and sharp fans. Growling, they moved towards us in an attack formation. Their leader pointed at me and began to give orders, I think. The other creatures agreed to it immediately. Yami was about to use his magic on them, when I pulled him out of the room again. This time he was ready for it.

My heart was beating rapidly as we entered the last and final room. The study room contained large book cases which held several books. I tried looking at the titles of them, but they were far away and most of them were faded from age.

Holding onto Yami tighter than before, we made our way through the room. Halfway through the room, the book cases started to lurch causing the books to sway. The books appeared to be on the edge of crashing down on us. Above us, books flew in random paths while some dropped onto the ground around us.

Yami assured me it was okay and he will protect me. We exited the house to find Seto and Mokuba standing in line. Apparently, Mokuba wanted to go into the haunted house, because he looked excited by it.

My darker half became angry when I spotted Seto in line. I don't know what's going through his mind these days, but I know he still held onto the rivalry. Maybe they won't see us as we were leaving and they didn't want to leave their space in the long line.

"Hey guys!" The younger Kaiba cried out.

Both of us looked towards the line. I shrugged and headed over with a very angry yami in tow. "Hi," I answered.

Seto just grumbled his response. His eyes narrowed at the sight of Yami, who returned the gesture. Seto looked as if he was going to strangle my other half right there and then.

"What have you two been up to?" I asked the brothers.

"We went on a few rides," Mokuba beamed. "But I wanted to go to the haunted house. My friends were saying it's the coolest."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I've never been so scared in my life. Well……. except for the visit to the shadow realm."

"Cool. Where are you headed?"

"We're heading towards the rides," I answered.

"Be sure to go on the swing ride," Mokuba suggested as they moved forward in line.

"I will," I said. Our partners haven't said a word during our conversation. They just kept glaring at each other, both daring the other to make a move. It reminded me of our duels. Seto, the ever-so-proud world champion, battling my yami, the king of games. "Looks like they have their dueling faces on." I giggled at my remark.

Mokuba joined me. "I think so. I'll get him to loosen up."

Departing from the brothers, Yami took one last glance at them before allowing me to drag him off to the rides. Our first stop was the carousel. Not many people were lined up to go on it. I wondered why.

"Why do you want to go on there?" My yami asked me with a confused expression. "All you do is go around in circles."

"That's not the point," I chided him. "It's fun for the children, plus it's kinda fun for everyone. Especially for couples." I mentioned to him, hoping he wouldn't catch on. "Besides, I could use something kind of slow before we hit the other rides. I haven't fully recovered from the haunted house."

Nodding his head, Yami agreed with my logic. If it was in the best interest of my health, he would do it. We fell in line for the ride. One group ahead of us filled the ride. Then it was our group's turn. Unfortunately, we were the last two to step onto the carousel so we ended up with a bench. I didn't mind. It only meant I could be closer to my yami. We promptly sat in the unoccupied area. Yami looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here. I leaned into him. His expression was priceless. He looked shocked, but then he pulled me closer to him.

The ride went smooth. I remembered going around and around, though I hardly paid any attention. My attention went to my darker side. We were sitting so close together, almost cuddling each other. Then, I thought that this wasn't right. He was dating Tea. I wanted to pull away, but I just couldn't. Sometimes, I wondered if having female hormones were worth the trouble. Guess not.

Once the ride came to a complete stop, Yami hesitated on leaving the seat. He finally stood up, with me beside him. Together, we departed the ride and headed towards the swing ride. At first glance, my other half thought they just sat around in hanging chairs.

"Why would someone want to sit there?"

"You'll have to wait and see," I informed him as we stood waiting in line.

Soon the ride began. The seats went around and around the column. Slowly, the people ascended in their seats as the ride increased its speed. Yami looked a bit nervous. They sure didn't have these in his days. At the climax of the ride, the people looked like they were sitting almost horizontally to the ground.

"Are you sure you want to ride this?" Yami asked nervously.

"Don't tell me the king of games is scared?" I teased him. "Even Seto rode it."

At the mention of his rival's name, Yami showed fierce determination. If the older Kaiba brother could ride it then then so could he. He remained silent while we stood in line.

Yami wanted a seat behind me. It didn't matter which one I chose, because they were pretty much the same. Another person was about to sit behind me when my yami glared at them. He wouldn't take no for an answer. As a result, the teenager quickly moved to the seat behind that one. He didn't want to pick a fight over a measly seat. Besides, Yami can be very persuasive, I mean intimidating. After all, he was a pharaoh.

The ride was definitely fun. I have to agree with Mokuba. Though the line was long, it was way worth it. I had fun going fast and high. On the other hand, Yami looked kind of green. Good thing he doesn't eat or else. I don't even want to think about it. I pulled Yami over to a bench, where we waited for his stomach to settle down.

"Maybe we should take it easy," I suggested.

Yami didn't respond. I guess he wasn't used to park rides. Well, just wait until I persuade him to go onto roller coasters. He's going to be in for the time of his life. Personally, I wondered how the mighty former pharaoh was going to handle them, especially the drops. Those were one of my favorites. The best part of them was the loop de loop.

"I know, the ferris wheel," I chose at random.

"Aibou, I don't know." He said uncertainly.

"It's a whole lot slower than the other one," I persuaded him. "You can see the entire carnival from the top." Yami still refused to move. "People have fun on it." No comments. "For some people, it's romantic."

My dark side paused for a second before agreeing to go on it. We walked towards the ride when we spotted a long line, mostly made of couples. While in line, a couple people recognized Yami. They approached him.

"Can we get your autograph?" The first one asked, handing Yami an autograph book and a permanent marker. He had already opened it up to a blank page.

"Please?" The second one begged, holding a duel monster card.

Oh no, this can't be a repeat of the beach. I feared a crazy mob of fans would rush us. Yami signed both of their items and handed back their marker. They were so happy he signed that they almost skipped all the way back to the games area.

"At least it was only two," Yami let out a long sigh. "If it was more, I don't know what I'd do to keep from strangling the whole lot of them."

"I know how you feel," I agreed with him. Normally I was, well, sort of a pacifist, but I will fight to defend my friends, even against enemies larger than me.

"So Aibou, what would you like to do after this?" Yami asked me.

"I'd like to play the games," I answered, looking in their direction. "There's cool prizes." Seeing a purple object in one of the booths, I recognized it as a Dark Magician plushie. How cute was that. "The first game I try is that." I pointed over to the ball toss.

"What is the purpose of those glasses with different colors?" Yami said. He was perplexed when it came to some games.

"The object is to throw the ball into one of those colored cups," I explained while we moved forward in the line. "Depending on which one you land, you get certain prizes. My favorite one is the Dark Magician plushie." I pointed to the purple object.

Yami looked at it, then he sighed. He probably figured I wanted it, because the Dark Magician was my favorite and I had been wanting to start a collection. "I will win you one, I promise."

"Yay," I cheered, containing my excitement. I had always wanted a duel monster plushie for a very long time. Next I'm going to find a Celtic Guardian, a Blue Eyes White Dragon, an Exodia, a Curse of Dragon, a Gaia the Fierce Knight, and a Mystic Elf plushies. Tugging his sleeve, I pointed towards another booth. "Look, they have the Celtic Guardian plushie."

"Would you like it?" Yami asked me, nicely.

"Would I?" I squealed with excitement. "After the Dark Magician, he's my second favorite duel monster."

We had hardly noticed that we were the next people in line until the ride operator got our attention. Both of us climbed into the vacated seat and sat down. then the operator pulled down the bar over our laps.

The chairs lurched as we slowly ascended into the sky. Yami decided to take advantage of the view. He looked everywhere and he spotted Seto milling in the crowd. Even though I didn't see him, I felt anger in my other half. I didn't want to ruin this ride, especially after some of the rides we went on, so I grabbed his arm and leaned on him. Well, I wanted to snuggle with him, but Tea would be upset if I did.

I felt Yami twitch a little, before pulling me even closer to him. Now I can feel his breathing and heart beat. His warm body heated my own as he held me in an embrace. My emotions were now on a roller coaster. It went from the lowest point to the highest point possible. I swear I was going to have breakdown if this continued much longer. My female hormones were completely out of control.

Yami stared down to where Seto stood in line. I could now see him. He and his brother stood in line for the ferris wheel. Upon seeing them both, I waved to them. Seto glared at my darker half, but waved back when he saw me wave to him. Mokuba was jumping up and down as he waved to us.

When we reached the bottom, both the Kaiba brothers were next to be seated. Seto glared at Yami as he pulled me even closer to him, almost to the point of me sitting on his lap. He was about to march over to Yami when his little brother yanked him off in the direction of an empty seat.

Feeling his warm body against mine, I think I had a thingy. I don't know what it was called, but my pulse quickened. My heart raced at the speed of light. The heat in my body increased dramatically. My breathing had become shallow. Everything in my body wanted to take him and make him mine.

Wait a second. Yami was taken. Sighing, I decided to make the best of this moment. It may never happen again. I smiled and looked up at him. He ignored the scenic view. Instead he chose to watch me carefully. I smiled again and snuggled against him, wishing it would never end.

Then it came. It was our turn to get off the ride. I hesitated for a moment. Yami stood up pulling me with him. He walked with me towards the gaming area. Other people watched us as we passed them.

The first booth we headed towards had the Dark Magician plushie. Yami knew I had wanted it, because it was my favorite duel monster. He paid for three balls. The prizes were pretty much duel monster plushies. Depending on which color you landed in, you receive a small key chain with a miniature duel monster, a beanie baby sized duel monster, or a stuffed animal sized duel monster. If you land in green, you receive the key chain. If you land in red, you receive the beanie baby sized one. If you land in blue, you receive the stuffed animal sized one. I preferred the large one.

Yami aimed his first throw. It landed two cups over from a red one. His second one was a little better, missing the green cup by one. For his third attempt, he surprising landed in a blue cup. The booth person asked which one Yami wanted. He pointed to the Dark Magician hanging on the corner of the rack. The person took it down and handed it to Yami who then gave it to me. I thanked my other half and gave him a big hug.

"Would you like to try?" Yami asked me.

Nodding my head, I agreed to it. I placed my money down for three balls as well. My first ball landed in the middle of two cups. Well, it looked a lot harder than it seemed. Next my ball landed in another blue cup. Completely caught off guard, I didn't know what to say. The person came up to me and asked me which one I wanted. I asked him if he had a Celtic Guardian. He shook his head. Then I asked if he had a Blue Eyes White Dragon which he produced from underneath the counter. On my last try, I hit another cup except this time it was a red one. The person once again came over to us. I asked for a Dark Magician medium prize. He pulled one from a bin nearby and gave it to me.

Yami teased me about getting two balls into the cups. Then, we turned and went to the booth that held the Celtic Guardian plushie. You had to make the ball land in the basket. It appeared to be easy, but it was very tricky. My other half tried to get the ball to stay inside the basket only to have it jump out.

"And I thought you were the king of games." A familiar voice behind us taunted Yami.

Turning around, we faced Seto and Mokuba. They stood there with a couple plushies between the both of them. Mokuba had a Blue Eyes White Dragon large plushie while Seto carried a small keychain version of it.

"Back of, Kaiba," Yami growled at the billionaire. "I'm busy here."

"Busy doing what?" The younger Kaiba asked.

"Winning a Celtic Guardian plushie for my aibou," Yami stated.

"Don't you mean losing," Seto chuckled at the sight of Yami's frustration. Seto paid for one round. He tossed the ball into the basket, which then bounced back out.

"Can't you do any better?" Yami smirked.

"I needed to warm up," Seto snapped as he aimed his second one, which once again popped out. Yami kept surprisingly quiet the entire time. The older Kaiba threw his third one. It bounced right out again. Then on his last one, he threw it lightly at an angle. The ball bounced away from the bottom only to hit the top of the basket and fall right back in. Seto asked for the Celtic Guardian plushie. Then he handed it to me. If looks could kill, Seto would be dead in less than a second.

During the rest of the night, Yami and Seto competed, no, I mean went to war playing these games. I haven't seen such an intense rivalry since we were at the duelist kingdom. Perhaps they will eventually tire out. Who am I kidding? Those two will never give up.

At the end of the night, all four of us went home with an armful of prizes. I ended up with more plushies than I ever dreamed of. When we arrived back at our house, I hugged Seto goodbye and thanked him for the presents. He returned the hug, much to the discomfort of my other half. Instead of it being brief, he held on to me longer. My yami, now infuriated, stormed towards Seto. The billionaire decided it would be in the best interest of his health released me.

Mokuba waved goodbye and said he wanted to do it again with us. I promised him we would hang out again soon. He was more than excited by the news. When the car pulled away, we walked to our room and placed all the prizes in one corner except for two of them. I held onto the Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian plushies, which I placed onto the bed.

Yami smiled when he saw me separate the first prize he won from the group. Then, he frowned at the sight of me also placing the other duel monster on my bed. I prepared to go to bed.

Once finished, I hopped into bed and Yami tucked me in. I hugged both plushies. "Yami, I had a great time today." I commented as he sat next to me.

"That's good to hear," Yami said, reaching for me and playing with my hair.

"Yami," I said, reluctantly.

"What is it?"

"I want to tell the others about my ………. condition," I said. "I need your support when I tell them."

"Of course," Yami promised. "An angry herd of camels can't keep me away."

Pushing myself against my bed, I moved my face closer to Yami's face. Quickly, I kissed him lightly on the cheek before lying back down. My other half blushed a deep red. It was just one kiss. The people in France greeted each other this way. Oh well, there are some things about yami's I will never understand.

FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN< /div>

Wingzero: Awwwww, how cute. Yami finally realizes his love for his aibou. About time!

Yami: Hey!

Yugi: *cuddles against his yami*

Yami: *blushes several shades of red*

Seto: *grumbling in the background*

Wingzero: Hey Kaiba! You'll find your squeeze in the sequel.

Seto: Really?

Wingzero: Yup. The next couple of chapters will feature the thoughts of Yami and Seto on the recent events.

Seto: *dances around on stage*