Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Mall Mayhem: Cute Birds, Fights, & First Kisses ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death Scythe: *sighs* My aibou does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of the other copy righted material.

After that wonderful scene, we headed towards the pet shop. I wanted to check out the different birds. Personally, I liked cockatiels (I had one named Tails) or the little budgies. Yami didn't understand what it was like to own a pet. Then again, he never had time to take care of one.

When we arrived, I hauled Yami over to the bird section. Seto followed closely behind. I pointed out the different kinds of birds to my other half. He tried to look interested for me, but he had never seen these birds before, not even in Egypt.

Yami was looking at the budgie tank, when I returned back to him. "Aren't they adorable?" I cooed.

"Sure, Aibou," Yami sighed. He tried to pet one, but they all ran off in the opposite direction.

"They're shy around strangers." An employee explained. "It will take time before they come to sit on your finger."

"May I hold one?" I asked politely.

"Sure, but be gentle with them." He cautioned as he tried to get one on his finger.

A small blue budgie sat in the corner preening his feathers. He had the most adorable eyes and his feathers were shiny. The first time I saw him, I wanted to hold him, not in a romantic way. I placed my finger before him. Surprisingly, he didn't run away. Instead, he climbed up onto my finger, chirping happily.

The employee appeared to be in shock. "I've never seen that one be friendly with strangers."

The little bird rubbed his head against my hand. It felt soft and smooth. With my other hand, I carefully and gently rubbed his head. He chirped as he had his head rubbed the way he liked it. My yami stood there speechless, before smiling.

"Yami, can we take him home with us?"

"As much as I'd love to say yes, we don't have enough room for him." Yami said with a tinge of sadness.

"I understand." I sighed. "Sorry little guy." I placed him back down with the others. He chirped sadly before going back to the branch.

A large parrot made his way over to us. It waddled on the top of the cages, since the employees allowed a couple of birds to stay on top of the cages. Cocking its head in different directions, it studied us as we were petting the other birds.

"That's TC." The pet store employee said. "He's a very friendly bird." TC allowed the employee to rub his neck and head. It constantly turned its head to the right spot.

"What does TC stand for?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"To tell you the truth? I don't know." The employee said, deep in his thoughts. "When I started working here about two weeks ago, TC had already received his name."

"Oh." I said. "Can he do any tricks?"

"Not really." The employee shrugged. "He's still rather young."

Ryou and his yami appeared about a minute later. "Having fun?" Ryou asked.

"Sure." I answered while petting TC.

"There's no way we're getting a kitten!" Bakura growled.

"Why not?" Ryou asked.

"Cause I'll be the one taking care of it." Bakura snapped.

"My mouse lasted long enough." Ryou retorted. "She died of old age, not because of my lack of responsibility. Besides, mice have short lifespans."

"I know how you feel." I sighed while looking at the small blue budgie. "I'd like that one, but Yami said there was no room for him."

Yami looked a little pained when I mentioned that. He quickly moved to my side while looking sideways. I followed his gaze, only to find it stopped at Seto.

"What do you want?" Yami practically growled at the billionaire.

"Mokuba wanted to get a puppy." Seto said casually. "Right now, he's deciding which one to buy. Afterward, he and I are going to buy supplies for it."

"Seto, why are you getting Mokuba a pet?" Ryou asked, mostly out of curiosity.

"Mokuba needs to learn responsibility, and this was the only way I could think of." Seto admitted. "He must learn about having responsibilities."

"Oh." The rest of us said in unison.

Suddenly, TC squawked. "B*tch, b*tch, b*tch!"

Surprised faces dawned on us as we tried to comprehend why this bird was saying this word over and over. We each looked at each other before looking in the same direction as the parrot. Seeing the person, we nearly fell down in fits of laughter.

Tea stood there, fuming at the bird. She looked like she was going to explode, especially when she saw us standing around the bird, laughing. Her friends had to hold her back, since she was most likely going to harm the bird.

/I like TC./

//Me too.//

"What are you staring at?" Tea fumed at us and the bird.

"B*tch!" TC squawked loudly.

"What an accurate description of Tea!" Bakura laughed.

"B*tch!"

"Shut up, you brainless feather duster!" Tea practically screamed.

"B*tch!"

"He's a smart one, ain't he?" Joey commented, coming to stand behind Tea.

"Who would have ever guessed?" Tristan added.

"SHUT UP!!!!!"

"Well, he did recognize Tea for what she really is." I coughed.

"B*tch!"

Since the employee had no idea what was going on, he wisely decided to stay out of it. He watched as we `discussed' our issues in front of everyone.

"I wasn't talking to you, MIDGET!" Tea yelled.

Quickly, I ran into Yami's arms crying. Everyone knew I was sensitive about my height issues, so they usually didn't bring up the topic.

"B*tch!"

"You can say that again," Seto's voice carried to the rest of us. I had my head buried in Yami's shoulder so I couldn't see what transpired.

"How dare you say that!" Yami's voice boomed throughout the store, causing it to be silent, except for my crying. "Haven't you caused enough trouble for one day?!"

"If it weren't for that freak of nature!" Tea's annoying voice screeched. I cried even harder into Yami's arms. He held me in a protective embrace.

"How dare you call him a freak!" Joey yelled back at her. "Just cause he has one birth defect, it doesn't make him a FREAK!"

"B*tch!"

"Please let me steal her soul!" Bakura begged quietly.

"Even though she's very annoying and bothering, it just isn't right." Ryou whispered back.

"I'm even tempted to send her to the Shadow Realm," Yami confessed as he heard my sobs increase dramatically.

"I hope you and that freak have a miserable life together!" Tea screeched.

"B*tch!"

When I turned around to look at the scene, everyone was looking at us. Then, I noticed people staring at me. Tears streaked down my face. My eyes were starting to become red from crying. I clung onto Yami as if my life depended on it. Then I heard whispers amongst the crowd.

Joey had to be held back by Tristan. Serenity was begging her older brother not to seriously hurt Tea, because he would end up in jail. Seto just glared at her before making a quick call on his cell phone. Bakura and Ryou were arguing whether Bakura could steal her soul. Mokuba caught everything on tape. His free hand formed a fist.

"Get out!" The store employee yelled at Tea. He pointed towards the exit.

"Why should I?" Tea retorted.

"I'll call security." The employee said with a smug smile.

"Make me!" Tea returned.

"Gladly!" Joey accepted, but was held back by Tristan.

Another customer came forward. "Don't make this hard on yourself." He had muscular arms. Soon other customers followed suit.

Tea hissed at everyone, before stalking off. Everyone turned to me and checked up on me. I was glad, even though they were strangers. They cared about me.

"How ya doing, Yug?" Joey asked politely.

However, I couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth.

/Yami, please tell everyone that I need a few minutes before I can converse with them./

//Yes, my love.// "Yugi is unable to speak at the moment….."

My LOVE?!?!? Please tell me I'm not hearing things. He couldn't have…….. No way! Yami loves me. I couldn't believe my mind. I thought I was dreaming, that or hallucinating.

/Yami, can I talk to you alone?/

//Of course.// "Yugi needs to talk to me privately."

The others nodded their heads in acknowledgement while Seto glared at him. The employee, who talked to us, showed us a private place where we can talk.

Sitting on a box, we didn't say a word for the first few moments. /Yami?/

//Yes, Aibou?//

/Did you really mean what you said?/ I blinked my eyes.

//???????// Confusion ran across his face.

/You called me, `my love'./

//Of course. I meant every word.//

/Does that mean you love me?/

//I always have, though I didn't notice it at first. Please ………..//

Before he could explain, I pushed myself up and kissed him on the lips deeply. Yami nervously twitched before deepening the kiss. Something pushed against my lips. For a second, I couldn't figure it out. It certainly didn't feel like Yami's lips. Opening my mouth, I was about to break away and ask something when Yami's tongue slid inside my mouth. Too shocked to say or do anything, I allowed him to explore. I felt a small shock course through my body when he played with my tongue. Moaning, I wanted more, but I suddenly felt the urge to breathe.

Breaking apart, I gasped for air while Yami beamed with joy. He looked at me before pulling me closer and kissing me again, but it wasn't as deep as the first one. Then, he played with my hair as I leaned against him.

"What are we going to tell the others?" I murmured.

"I don't know." Yami stated.

"I'd like to wait," I said. "Before we announce it." Yami looked pained when he heard it. "I don't know how they will handle it and I couldn't stand one more rejection."

Yami nodded his head. His face softened after he heard my explanation. "I understand, my little light." Cupping my chin in his hand, he looked deep into my eyes. "I love you with all my heart and soul."

"As do I." I said before we kissed each other passionately once more.

Wingzero: O_O *snaps out of it* Hey Ray…. *slides over next to him*

Ray: *nervously* I don't think I'm ready for that.

Wingzero: I wasn't going to ask you that! *pouts* I just wanted you to hold my hand.

Ray: I can do that! ^_^

Death Scythe: *slides over to Kai*

Kai: Hehehehehehe. Sure whatever it is.