Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Mall Mayhem: Ryou's Secret, Card Coincidences, & Videos ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Oh boy!

"We should really get back to the others," Yami purred not wanting to leave.

I protested against, but he was right we had to get back or they'll start wondering what happened to us. "I guess your right, as always."

My other half dragged me up with him before giving me one last kiss. We grudgingly walked towards our unsuspecting friends. Before we entered the room, we checked ourselves to make sure we looked decent.

Seto still held some of the things I had bought and some dog supplies. Mokuba was holding the leash of his new puppy along with the rest of the supplies.

"How is Yug?" Joey rushed up to Yami.

"Yugi is doing okay," Yami replied while looking at me. I had pushed down a rising blush. "We should head back home."

Giving him the look he couldn't resist, "But I wanted to check out the game shop. I heard they had the latest edition and grandpa has sold out."

Sighing, he gave in as usual. "I seriously don't know what to do with you." He ruffled my hair, causing Seto to become angry.

"Are you up to it?" Tristan spoke up with concern in his voice.

"We don't want to force you to do anything you don't want," Ryou added with his concern, but his yami just rolled his eyes.

"Can't you see he's perfectly fine?" the ancient tomb robber snapped at the two.

"Yami, we're just trying to make sure he's okay," Ryou chided.

"Yugi's a lot tougher than that," Bakura retorted. Wow, I'd never though I'd get a compliment from Ryou's yami, because he thinks everyone was weak. Well, at least, almost everyone he knew including his hikari.

The others blinked with disbelief. "Ryou would have locked himself up in his for days if he had that happen to him," Bakura shrugged.

"Oh," we all said in unison, even Ryou. Though I thought he looked kind of hurt, but he realized that what his yami said was true.

I walked over to him and whispered, "Strength comes in different forms. You had the courage to go on with life even though you had an abusive yami."

"Thank you," Ryou whispered with a glint of thanks in his eyes.

After what had transpired, I decided to talk with Ryou as we walked to the game shop, which was on the other end of the mall. I don't know if I could stop blushing every time I'm near Yami after my first kiss.

Seto had taken up the rear. He watched the gang as we headed towards the game shop. I think he wanted to look after me and Serenity. He didn't like her as a girlfriend, but rather a little sister, since Mokuba often hung out with her. Actually she baby-sat for the younger Kaiba on several occasions that she had practically became part of the family. I guess that was one of the reasons why Seto doesn't use the dog jokes as often. His little brother thought of her as a big sister, a sister he never had.

Yami hovered near me. I could feel his presence, but he didn't come that close, only coming closer when he felt I was in danger. As much as I loved him, it sometimes kind of got annoying the way he was so overprotective of me.

"I wonder what new monsters they have," I mused.

"Or magic cards," Ryou added with a smile.

"Or trap cards," I giggled.

Sighing Ryou admitted, "I really want a card that doesn't scare away little children." He casually flipped through his deck after producing it from his pocket.

While he was looking through his deck, I watched him. "I see what you mean. You have practically all fiend and dark creatures."

The white haired boy shook his head before replacing it back in his pocket. "Sometimes it is hard finding any one who will duel with me, not just cause of my yami. They take one look at my deck and take off."

"I feel for you," I understood. "My deck contains Exodia and a Blue Eyes White Dragon. (I know he doesn't have either, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Cough, cough, too much sugar) They're mostly afraid of Exodia, because a few times, I managed to draw all five cards."

"Wow, I'd like to have all five pieces to Exodia, but then again, I don't want people to be scared of my deck," Ryou pauses for a moment. "Wait, they already are."

Hiding my laugh, I managed to speak. "So what do you think your yami is going to do about you improving your deck."

Ryou laughed nervously. "To be honest, I haven't told him yet."

"Oh, I see," I thought out loud. "Why don't you just build another deck so that way you don't have to mess with the deck he has already built."

"I never thought of that," Ryou contemplated.

Bakura soon was strolling next to his hikari. "What do you mean by `I never thought of that'?"

"Hehehehehe," Ryou started. "I wanted to build another deck."

"So?" Bakura asked.

"I thought you would get angry at me," Ryou almost flinched.

"Naw," Bakura shrugged. "As long as you don't mess up my deck or put puny cards like Kuribo, I don't care."

"See that wasn't hard," I said after Bakura left to go pester Yami, who was in a very good mood to even be bothered by the tomb raider.

"Hey Yugi," Ryou drawled. "Have you noticed something strange about your yami and Seto, lately? I mean they're both kind of acting strange."

Confusion ran throughout my body. "What do you mean?"

"They have been acting weird around you or whenever you touch them," Ryou whispered softly. "I think they both have a crush on you."

"Seto, have a crush on me?" I gasped not out loud. "Impossible, I thought he liked that one girl he always seems to be with. I forgot her name."

"Oh you mean, Lisa?" Ryou asked questioningly.

"If she's the one with the purple hair and fake eyelashes, yeah," I recalled meeting her at one of Seto's parties. It was his Christmas party, where I first met her.

"They broke up with each other, not too long ago," Ryou whispered, his eyes looking at the others to see if they were close by.

"I feel sorry," I muttered without thinking.

"She broke up with him, because he wouldn't go out with her," Ryou explained. "Mokuba was sick, but Seto, being the overprotective brother, wouldn't allow anyone to take care of his little brother. He even allowed a few closely trusted friends to run the company in his absence."

"He can be caring, when he wants to," I said. When Yami had literally blown up on me, he listened to me even though it was the middle of the night. Well, I think.

"You like him?" Ryou asked now curious.

"I seriously don't know," I answered.

"What about Yami?" Ryou pushed.

"He's my other half, how could I not like him?" I said exasperated. Then realization suddenly hit me like a semi-truck. "Don't tell me you have the same condition I have?"

Ryou suddenly was interested at the shops. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Sighing, I didn't want to force it out of him. "It's okay. I won't ask you again."

Hanging his head in shame, he answered. "Yes, I am."

"Have you told your yami about this?" I whispered.

"I have the feeling he already knows," Ryou said gloomily.

"We're here," Yami's voice interrupted our conversation.

Our entire gang headed inside the store, where we found several different games. Ryou and I headed immediately towards the dueling section, because we have been here before. Mai usually shopped in the clothing store so she didn't have a clue. Joey and Tristan didn't pay much attention to their surroundings. Serenity didn't duel; therefore, she doesn't know where it was. Seto had enough cards as it is.

I picked up a six booster packs before paying for them. Ryou also bought six, cause he had enough money and was going to start his own deck. The others walked around the store looking at the different items.

"Yami," I said walking up next to him. He stood in the dueling section of the store scanning the various objects. "What are you searching for? I can help."

"It's nothing Aibou," Yami said not looking at me. He paused to pick up something and then put it back down after reading it.

While waiting for the others to finish with their browsing, I went outside with Ryou. We had both opened our first pack and were looking over them.

"Hey I got Dark Magician Girl," I smiled while holding up her card.

"I got Petite Angel," Ryou sighed. "Well at least it's not a fiend type."

I giggled at Ryou's reaction. "Hmmm. Let's see what else we have." I pulled out a Man Eating Bug card.

"I have that one," Ryou said. He drew out a Copy Cat card. "Just like Joey's."

Then my next card was a Flame Swordsman. "Fate must be against us," I laughed before holding up my card.

"Another one of Joey's," Ryou also laughed. He had a couple of magic cards and a trap card.

My first pack had a Magician of Faith, Negate Attack, sword and shield, and a Time Wizard. Hey that was one of the cards I gave Joey. It was ironic that now I'm receiving one. After unwrapping all of our cards, we did manage to get some of the ones we wanted and some we didn't want.

We patiently waited for the others to arrive. Joey and Mai were the first ones to reach us. They had asked us where the others went. We both shrugged since we hadn't move from this spot in awhile. They took seats next to us with Joey really nervous about his sister. I assured him Tristan wouldn't let anything happen to her.

The Kaiba brothers were next. They walked towards us minus the shopping bags. I had asked what had they done to them, he answered he, Mokuba, and Yami had placed them in the waiting limo. The puppy, however, remained with them playfully running around the younger Kaiba.

Suddenly we heard meowing sounds coming from behind us. We quickly turned around to see Bakura holding a pure white kitten. He squirmed around trying to explore his new surroundings. His crystal blue eyes glowed as he played around with one of his new owners.

You should have seen the look on Ryou's face when he saw the kitten. He immediately rushed over to his yami and hugged him, being careful not to hurt the small kitten. Bakura handed over the kitten to his light.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Ryou repeated to his yami, who seemed to be pleased with his choice. "I think I'll name you, Snowflake or Snowy for short."

Minutes later Yami finally showed up with Tristan and Serenity. Yami had a smug look on his face while the other couple had added another bag to their collection. I wonder why Yami's acting this way. Perhaps it was from the kiss.

Later on the ride home, I wanted to watch a movie. "Yami, could we rent a video for tonight and order out pizza?"

"We can do that," Yami agreed. Although we had admitted our love to each other, we didn't show it to the rest. We sat not too close but not too far apart.

"Would you like to join us, Ryou?" I asked hoping to find a chance to speak to him alone. When we had talked at the mall, I discovered we were in the same boat. No wonder he acted a little bit feminine some times.

"Sure," Ryou said quickly but then realized his yami might not approve of it. "Yami, would it be okay if we …………."

"As long as I don't have to be sitting next to his highness," Bakura snorted as he cast a glance at my yami. "I'll go."

"What kind of movie are you watching?" Joey asked, once he had finished kissing Mai.

"A romance movie," I said before Yami could say anything.

"I'd like to watch," Mai said. Joey looked like he was about to say something, but Mai covered his mouth and gave us a cheesy grin.

"Tristan, you wouldn't mind would you?" Serenity practically begged.

Tristan hesitated for a few moments, before seeing the anger in her older brother's eyes. He quickly agreed as to not prove her brother's anger. That left Seto and Mokuba.

"I think Mokuba is too young for this type of movie," Seto said quickly, while Mokuba protested about not being able to hang out with us.

"I suggest we rent two movies," I compromised. "We can watch the first one with Mokuba and the second one we'll watch later."

"Yipee," Mokuba practically screamed with joy. "Can we watch Lord of the Rings?"

"Don't you think it's a little too violent," Seto said to the rest of the group.

"Ha, you call that violence," the former tomb raider scoffed. "I've seen rabbits more dangerous than that!"

"We get your point," Yami said sarcastically. "Of course we'll watch it." His face softened as he spoke to the younger Kaiba.

Seto ordered his driver to take us to the closest Blockbuster (you would think they'd have these in Japan). We trooped out of the car and began searching for our other selection. Mokuba headed straight for the new releases section where he picked up the dvd version.

Ryou and I headed for the romance section of the dvd selections. Yami and Bakura both were looking at the action, adventure films. Seto was busy looking up technology tapes or something related to that field. I guess he needed ideas or was just researching. Tristan and Joey immediately went to the comedy section. Their girlfriends were deciding which candy to buy, since they didn't want the guys to be choosing.

"We never finished our discussion earlier," I said casually as we browsed through the different movie titles.

"I know," Ryou hesitated. "Promise you wouldn't tell anyone?"

"I promise," I assured him. We were now facing each other.

"You already guessed I'm also half boy-half girl, but…………." He trailed off.

"Don't tell me you're in love?" I gasped.

Lowering his head down in shame, he answered "Yes, I am."

"Is it your yami?" I asked out of the blue.

"How did you know?" Ryou gasped, mostly out of shock and horror.

"It doesn't take a genius," I giggled. "Besides, I'm also in love with my yami."

"No way!" Ryou said in a loud voice before lowering it. "I thought you were in love with Seto, but I couldn't imagine Yami."

"I thought Yami could never love me the way I loved him," I confessed. "Him and Tea seemed to be hitting it off. After I revealed my little secret, Yami …….. I don't know what was going through his mind. Over the past couple days, I think he fell in love with me. Either that or he has been in love with me for a long time, but he couldn't admit it."

"I see," Ryou contemplated.

"Please keep it a secret," I practically begged him. "I don't know how the others would react to it and I don't know if they can handle something like this."

"I understand," Ryou nodded. He sighed as he leaned against a sturdy wall. "I'm not sure about my yami. I wonder how he will take it."

"I don't know," I said before picking out a video. It was titled Star-crossed Lovers. (I don't know if this is a movie, but what the heck. It is a fanfic) A young couple torn by their warring nations decides to leave, but their history catches up with them. "Kind of reminds me of us, on a certain level." I smiled at the response I received.

"Yeah, let's rent that one," Ryou agreed with my selection. We both headed towards the cashier ready to pay for it. Mokuba bounced right along side us. The others soon joined us. The guys looked like they were mentally groaning at the sight of our movie choice while the girls beamed at the selection we made. Serenity said she had been wanting to watch that movie for some time, but couldn't since she had been saving up her money for clothes. Mai loved mushy romance movies, because she loved cuddling with her little Joey.

Wingzero: Since the camping part is going to be separate, I'd thought we'd answer some fan mail. *pulls out an random envelope and reads the contents*

Dear Yami,

Who do you like better Tea or Yugi? What would be your dream date? How do you get your hair to stay up like that? Please, can I have a kiss?

Yamifanatic (I just made up the name, sorry if anyone has that pen name)

Yami: First of all, I love my aibou with all my heart and soul. Tea is just plain annoying.

Everyone: Hear, hear!

Yami: I haven't thought of it. Hmmmm. Perhaps watching the sunset at the beach, followed by a picnic and then we'd stroll down the beach looking at the stars.

Yugi: Kawaii. I'd love to do that some time.

Yami: How about right now?

Wingzero: -_-` It's a little past noon.

Yami: Oh right. My hair is naturally this way. Sorry, but my little koi is the only one I will kiss. Though I will give you a Hershey kiss.

Ray: *takes another letter*

Dear Yu-Gi-Oh cast

Yami: May I borrow your deck?

Yugi: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

Ryou: Do you have any advice on gardening?

Bakura: Why do you pick on your light?

Seto: Get a life!

Joey: What's your favorite food?

Tristan: How do you get your hair to stay like that?

DM4ever

Yami: Sorry, but I don't allow others to use my deck, not even Joey.

Yugi: Well, I enjoy drawing, reading, snuggling with my yami, roller blading, and dueling.

Yami: *blush*

Ryou: Research which type can thrive in your area before picking out any plant. Make sure they have all their requirements met. Hmmmm. Let's see what else? I can't think of anything.

Bakura: I stopped it awhile ago so DROP IT!!!!

Seto: You should get one!

Joey: My favorite food is pizza, ice cream, candy, Italian, Chinese, and hamburgers, but I'm not really picky when it comes to food.

Tristan: My secret. ^__^