Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Unwelcomed Guests ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[BeybladesRule has entered the room.]

[Driger has entered the room.]

[CatchMe has entered the room.]

[DesertChild has entered the room.]

[Dark_Magician has entered the room.]

[GoEasyOnMe has entered the room.]

<BeybladesRule>: Hi guys!

<DesertChild>: Who are all of you?

<Driger>: I take it this is your first time here.

<DesertChild>: Yes.

<Dark_Magician>: We all go through it one time or another.

<DesertChild>: GoEasyOnMe?

<CatchMe>: That would be Ryou.

<GoEasyOnMe>: ^_^

<DesertChild>: Ray?

<Driger>: ^-^

<Dark_Magician>: This will take forever. I'm Yugi.

<BeybladesRule>: Wingzero.

<CatchMe>: Mokuba.

<DesertChild>: Malik.

[KingofGames has entered the room.]

<Dark_Magician>: Does anyone know who is after us?

<Driger>: I have no clue.

<KingofGames>: You're not even in it.

<Driger>: And your point is?

<KingofGames>: Never mind. Who's DesertChild?

<DesertChild>: Malik Ishtar! At least I'll be showing up in this fic.

[RichDuelist has entered the room.]

<RichDuelist>: MOKUBA!!!

<CatchMe>: I think Big Brother is mad.

[CatchMe has exited the room.]

<Dark_Magician>: What was that all about?

<RichDuelist>: He shouldn't be online without proper supervision.

<BeybladesRule>: Oh.

<RichDuelist>: Why is Tea acting weird?

<BeybladesRule>: Not telling. Oh, since I wanted to get this asap, I'm posting it right away.

************Normal POV************

A lone figure stood on top of the wall. She was dressed in a black leather outfit that hugged every curve of her body. Her shoulder length hair swayed in the gentle breeze. `This is turning out to be very interesting.' A loud snore broke her train of thoughts. She looked over to find the source of the noise. Of course, it had to be that loud mouthed Joey.

`Well, well, things have taken an unexpected turn. Who would have ever thought someone like you could truly love, but then again ………… You don't know what I had planned for you. I promise you will beg for my mercy.'

She glanced at the occupied bedrooms. Though she couldn't see, she could easily tell who slept where. `Your little lover will suffer and as will your friends. There's nothing you can do to stop me. I'll finally get my revenge on you.'

The dark clad woman surveyed her surroundings. She had taken out a couple guards, and it won't be long before the others were alerted. `Sleep well, for tonight, will be your last peaceful one.' She glanced back at the one window, where her target slept completely unaware of the pending danger.

In one graceful jump, she landed outside of the mansion. The alarm had sounded, followed by several security guards. `You morons couldn't catch water even if you fell out of a boat!' With that, she raced into the night, leaving no trace of her recent visit.

************Yugi's POV************

What happened? Sitting up in my bed, I realized I was at Kaiba's place. His security alarms were ringing like no tomorrow. It finally dawned on me. Someone was attempting to break into this place, but who would be courageous or clever enough to pull it off?

/Yami!/

//I'm coming!//

In less than a second, my yami had literally knocked down the door in an effort to reach me. "Are you hurt?" he asked as he rushed to my side.

I shook my head to answer no. "I was just scared."

Yami pulled me closer to him and held me in a protective embrace. "I will never allow anyone to harm you, physically or emotionally."

"What's going on?" I asked after a few moments of silence passed.

"I don't know," Yami sighed. He began to rub my back in a soothing manner.

"Who or what was that person after?" I mused.

"It must be very important for that person to sneak into Kaiba's mansion," Yami said.

Pretty soon Ryou and his yami stood at my door. "Yami, someone had tried to break into the mansion," Bakura stated the obvious. "Tristan is protecting the girls in his room. Seto has asked us to help search for the intruder."

"Why us?" Yami questioned.

"Because whoever this person is, he uses magic," Bakura growled. "Three guards have been found dead. Two are barely hanging onto life. Five sustained minor injuries."

"We must go, but……" Yami looked at me and then at Ryou. "What about our lights?"

"I'm going to drop Ryou off with Tristan," Bakura replied. "I suggest the same for you."

The four of us headed towards Tristan's room, where Serenity, Mai, and the younger Kaiba were waiting. They huddled in a corner, clinging onto each other. Tristan and Joey stood guarding the entrances to the bedroom. Joey!?! I thought he couldn't be woken up, even by a herd of stampeding elephants. Goes to show, people aren't always what they appear to be.

Our yamis and the two guards nodded their heads in a silent conversation. I felt a small push from behind. Yami guided me to the others. Turning my head, I saw Bakura doing the same thing to his light.

//Stay here.//

/But……./

//No buts.//

/You could be injured or even ………./

//I promise you I will return in one piece.//

/You promise?/

//Yes, I do.//

My yami waited for his partner to finish up his conversation with his other half. Ryou seemed to be taking it harder than I had thought. I knew deep down inside, they will return to us, but I have this nagging feeling.

After the two departed, we sat there in complete silence. Tristan stood at the front door. In his hand, he held a bat. Joey guarded the door to the bathroom and the window. Well, actually both guarded the bathroom door. Joey had another bat. They both didn't possess gun licenses so they had to make due with whatever they could find.

One hour later, the guys returned, having searched the entire mansion. Whoever this person is managed to elude Kaiba's security, Seto, and two yamis. I wondered what that person was up to. What could have been important?

"You didn't find him?" Tristan asked as the three of them entered the room.

"He's good," Bakura commented. "He was able to take out a few guards without alerting the others until he had accomplished his goal."

"That's not all," Yami growled. "He was able to hide his powers from us. Normally, I would have been able to detect his presence even in my sleep, but this time I didn't."

"Now the question is why," Seto spoke up. "Why did he break onto my property and not steal anything. I hold several items of high value."

"Perhaps, it is a spy," I suggested.

"It could be," Seto agreed with me. "Though, I have checked every data base, he has not logged onto any computer. In addition, the vault where I keep the back up wasn't broken into."

"We're still at square one," Joey growled.

"Do you think he's after someone?" Ryou said out of the blue.

"That is a possibility," Yami almost agreed. "Have there been any changes to your staff recently?"

Seto shook his head. "I haven't hired or fired anyone since last year."

"Maybe it is one of us," I whispered softly. Yami's eyes widened considerably.

The others looked at him in confusion. They hadn't heard my comment, nor could feel my feelings. "It could be one of us. Has anything like this happened before?"

"There have been times," Seto recalled. "Several companies tried to send spies here, though they don't use magic. That is what puzzles me."

Joey held his sister close to him. She clung onto him for dear life. Mokuba held onto his older brother. Both Ryou and I were held by our protective yamis.

"You'll have to stay here," Seto declared.

"But we can't stay here forever," Joey protested.

"Yeah, we shouldn't let him intimidate us," Tristan backed up his best friend.

"You don't understand," Yami shook his head. "You don't stand a chance against him unless you learn how to wield magic as your weapon."

"You mean there's nothing we can do?" Seto growled menacingly.

"I'm afraid, we can't do anything until he makes his move," Yami sighed. "And I agree with Joey, we can't stay here forever."

"Then what should we do?" Mai spoke up for the first time in this conversation.

"We wait," Bakura said.

"In the mean time, I suggest we try to sleep," Seto announced. "I know you're all scared from the recent events, but I have doubled security. More security cameras have been placed into secret locations and additional security alarms have been added."

Eventually, we all made our way back to our bedroom. However, I followed Yami into his. Instead of shooing me, he smiled and motioned for me to come to him. He held me in a protective embrace as we both lay on his bed.

"Who do you think it could be?" I asked my lover.

"I don't know, because while I was pharaoh, I made several enemies," Yami explained. "Seto has also made many of them, but I highly doubt it is any of them. Bakura also has a long line of people with grudges against him. Joey is plain annoying, but I don't think it would cause someone to kill him. I doubt anyone holds anything against Serenity, Mai, Ryou, or you."

"So you're saying out of all of us you and Bakura are the most likely targets," I gasped.

"Yes, however, someone may have hired a magical assassin," Yami realized. "They could have hired that assassin to take out Seto."

"I don't understand," I sighed. "If they were after him, why attack when Bakura and you were present?"

"Good question," Yami said, before I tried to stifle a yawn. "You should sleep. We'll talk about this later."

"Kay," I answered, quickly falling asleep despite the trouble we're in.

Later that morning, we all sat around the table in Seto's meeting room. Each and every one of us had the same thing on our mind. Who was that killer? What did he want? Why? If we can figure out a motive, then maybe we can narrow down our suspect list.

"As you already know, the police are swarming my front and back yard, searching for any evidence," Seto explained. "We have four murders. One of the critically injured died over night. However, the other one is in stable condition. Hopefully, when he has regained consciousness, he will be able to tell us who attacked him."

"Just great," Joey growled. "We still have to wait."

"It leaves us defenseless," Tristan brought to our attention. "Seto may have guards, but I don't know how much they would do against him. Joey, Serenity, Mai, and I don't have any magical protection. Ryou and Yugi have their yamis."

"I know the spell he used was a powerful one," Yami noted. He leaned back in his plush chair. "However, both Bakura and I can defend against it."

"But we can't," Mai said. She looked rather upset.

"I know," Yami sighed. "That's the problem. We can't always be there to defend you."

"We could always call Malik and his yami," Bakura suggested.

"That psychopath and his yami?" Seto almost screamed. He was completely caught off guard.

"How could we forget them?" I berated myself.

"They're in Egypt with Malik's sister," Bakura remembered. "I received a letter from him not too long ago. He said his flight will be coming tomorrow."

"That's a good thing, I think," Ryou said.

"The two of you have enough magic, but we don't have enough magic users to protect the entire group," Seto complained. "If only I knew how to wield it."

"He could only want one of us," Ryou said. "But he could use the rest of us as pawns."

"My hikari has a point," Bakura agreed with his other half. "If he manages to get a hold of one of you, who knows what he will do."

"He has already killed four people," Yami added. "Most likely, he will kill again."

"I don't want to be killed," Mokuba whined. He held on to his big brother tightly.

"I will make sure it doesn't happen," Seto assured his little brother.

"Still we have to do something," Mai protested.

"The culprit has left us no trail or evidence to identify him," Yami said once again. "We don't have any leads as to who he is."

"It will be like searching for a needle in a hay stack," Tristan commented.

"We're on another wild goose chase," Joey grumbled.

"We can't protect ourselves and we can't stay here forever," Serenity summed up the situation. "Then what can we do?"

"We'll have to go on with our every day lives," Yami said, but was cut off by Seto's cell phone ringing loudly.

"I don't have time for this," Seto growled.

"I wonder who it could be?" Ryou whispered to the rest of us.

"So you're the one who broke into my residence?"

"We'll need to pinpoint this person," Yami commanded quietly.

Mokuba powered up their high tech tracer and typed in a few commands. The machine started to narrow the caller's location.

"Why?...... You want revenge against one of us. …… What did we ever do to you? ……. Ancient history? ………..Who are you?" He slammed his phone shut.

"What is it?" Yami pounced on the billionaire literally.

"I do know someone has a grudge against one of us," Seto explained again. "I'm leaning more towards Bakura and Yami, because he said it was ancient history. Also he mentioned something about the millennium items and Egypt."

"If anyone hurts my hikari, they will pay!" Bakura growled.

"I feel the same way," Yami sympathized with him.

"This must be a first," Joey blinked in disbelief. "They actually agree on something."

"We have enough to worry about Joseph," Mai chided him.

"Did you get a location?" Seto asked his little brother.

Mokuba shook his head. "He didn't remain on the phone long enough, but I have narrowed down the search area to within this city."

"Hopefully we'll resolve this before anyone is seriously injured," Yami said. "Until then, we go about our every day lives."

Some day this turned out to be. Before I had my birthday to look forward to, but with this killer on the loose, I don't think I can enjoy it as much. Maybe this person wants to make our lives as miserable as possible or at least one of ours.

***********Normal POV************

Disguised as a cop, the killer searched everywhere on the grounds. Although she could have gotten away, she wanted to know how her victims would react. Then she would know if her plan was going well or if she needed to improvise.

She overheard the meeting. `Yes, be scared, be very scared. This is part of my revenge. Good luck on your birthday, little boy, because you're going to need it.'

She hid behind some bushes as another pair of cops appeared. They were several swarming the area, including the FBI and CIA. Normally the other two organizations didn't participate in homicide, but since this dealt with mysterious deaths, they showed up and started their own investigation. After they had left, she moved out and proceeded to exit the premises. `Phase one completed. Ready to begin phase two.'

"Hey, where are you going?" a random cop asked.

"I'm going back to the car," she replied casually. "There's something I need."

"Oh," he replied. He went back to his original task.

`That was too close. I had better be careful the next time.'

Once out of the area, she used her powers to remove her disguise. In her place, there stood a teenage girl with brunette hair.

"Hello, Tea, ready for work?"

"As always," Tea chirped.

[Dino_Luver has entered the room.]

[FlyingHorsie has entered the room.]

<Dark_Magician>: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<FlyingHorse>:?????

<KingofGames>: Don't worry Aibou, I shall protect you!

<Dino_Luver>: How come we didn't get any part in this?

<Driger>: Cause she doesn't need you.

<FlyingHorsie>: Shut up!

<Driger>: Make me.

<FlyingHorse>: No problem!

<BeybladesRule>: *grabs a megaton mallet and knocks FlyingHorsie into the next galaxy*

<Driger>: ^-^

<GoEasyOnMe>: Nice hit.

<BeybladesRule>: Thank you.

<KingofGames>: May I borrow that.

<BeybladesRule>: Sure, as long as you use it wisely.

<KingofGames>: I will. *goes hunting FlyingHorsie*

<Dino_Luver>: So we're not going to be in it?

<Dark_Magician>: It seems like it.

<Dino_Luver>: Oh well.

<GoEasyOnMe>: Cheer up Rex, maybe she'll put you in one of her other fics.

<Dino_Luver>: You think?

<RichDuelist>: Why don't you ask her yourself.

<Dino_Luver>: She's here?

<Driger>: Duh.

<BeybladesRule>: That would be me!

<Dino_Luver>: Will I be in one of your fics?

<BeybladesRule>: I may or may not depending on how much homework I have.

<Dino_Luver>: *dances for joy*

[Dino_Luver has exited the room.]

<Dark_Magician>: Are you really going to use him?

<BeybladesRule>: Of course I will, but not the way he thinks.

<GoEasyOnMe>: Then how?

<BeybladesRule>: Yu-Gi-Oh's Funniest Home Videos.

<KingofGames>: *comes back and starts laughing*

<Dark_Magician>: Well ……………. At least he's going to get a part.