Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Evil Shows Her Face ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Hey there. Just a random thought of mine, but how does the idea of a drawing contest sound?

Yugi: I'd like it.

Wingzero: Uh, you're going to be one of the judges.

Yugi: That's okay.

Yami: What about me?

Wingzero: Ehehehehehe.

Yami: -_-;

Wingzero: Anyways, the judges are me, my yami, our boyfriends, Yugi, Ryou, and Malik.

Malik: Why me?

Wingzero: Cause you're kinda cute.

Malik: …………………………̷ 0;….

Wingzero: As for the prize, the person will be in this fic. Here's a list of the categories and prizes.

Yugi in feminine wear: DJ @ Yugi's party.

Ryou in feminine wear: Lead singer @ Yugi's party.

Yami/Yugi: Lead guitarist and back up singer @ Yugi's party.

Bakura/Ryou: Drummer and back up singer @ Yugi's party.

Malik: Bass guitarist @ Yugi's party.

Isis: Keyboardist @ Yugi's party.

Joey, Seto, or Mokuba: Second guitarist @ Yugi's party.

Serenity or Mai: Yugi's childhood friend.

Tea, preferably being tortured: Yugi's cousin.

Everyone else who entered: Guests @ Yugi's party.

Death Scythe: That's a lot.

Wingzero: I wanted to give them a choice. Besides, it's only a thought.

Ray: *walks into the room*

Wingzero: *immediately jumps into his arms* HI!!

Ray: *blushes*

Death Scythe: *smiles* Here are a few rules.

1: Drawings must be original. No copying or taking another person's work.

2: Please cover up the characters. As much as we'd like to see them in their birthday suits….

3: Gif and Jpeg files only accepted.

4: Try to keep the file size down. I don't have much space in my mailbox or you can give me the address.

5: Please keep it PG-13.

Wingzero: I think that's it. Tell me if you like it or don't like it, but don't go out and flame me. Just simply say `I don't like it.' K?

Death Scythe: Anyone who flames my aibou will be receiving a visit from me shortly!

Ray: I guess me too.

Wingzero: You don't like me? *has teary eyes*

Death Scythe: *glares at Ray*

Ray: Of course, I really like you!

Wingzero: *huggles Ray*

Death Scythe: And on with the fic. We're not going to post the disclaimers every chapter so look at the previous chapters.

Later that day, everyone had returned to their respective homes, except for Serenity. She stayed behind to watch over the younger Kaiba. Seto had returned to his work. He mentioned something about holding a meeting with his security team and a bunch of magic experts. I doubted they would be of any use, even Yami agreed. Joey went to his work. He works a few part time jobs in order to help his mom and sister. Mai works along side Joey. She didn't mind, because they were together, and it was one of her favorite stores. Tristan, Ryou, and his yami decided to return home, because they had nothing else to do. Besides, they didn't want to be out in the open for too long. Bakura wouldn't allow his light to go out, since there was a killer on the loose. My yami and I also went back home.

"Hi Grandpa," I greeted him as we both entered the shop.

Grandpa stood behind the cash register waiting for a customer to show up. "Hello, Yugi and Yami. Where were you last night?" He sounded worried.

"Sorry, we were at the Kaiba mansion," Yami spoke up before I could open my mouth. "We left you a message on the answering machine."

"I really ought to buy a new one," Grandpa sighed. "I didn't receive your message."

Yami's face grew serious. Grandpa appeared worried, because he knew whenever Yami had on that face, trouble was not far behind. "Last night, someone attacked Kaiba's guards. Four of them were killed by magic. One of them was left in critical condition. Five have only minor injuries."

"Oh my," Grandpa gasped. "Who could do such a thing?"

"We don't know," I answered, quickly. "Whoever this person was, he/she didn't leave a clue to his identity, and we haven't figured out a motive."

"Yes," my darker side agreed. "Though, we know there is a connection between him and the Millennium Items."

"I see," Grandpa said. "Was this person using magic as his weapon?"

Both of us nodded our heads. "I wasn't even able to detect his presence," Yami scowled. He leaned against the nearest wall. "We're not sure when he will strike next. Most likely on Yugi's birthday, because that's when we figure he thinks we'll most likely drop down our guard."

"We'll just have to watch out," Grandpa said. "Now, would you boys mind watching the store? I have a few errands to run."

"Sure Grandpa," I accepted his request. I didn't mind at all, because I get to meet new people. "When will you be back?"

"A few hours," Grandpa said, leaving the store. Before he left, he whispered something to my other half, who nodded his head in reply.

I strolled over to my other half and leaned against him. "What were you talking about?"

"Grandpa was worried about your safety, so he asked me to look out for you," Yami said hastily. He was hiding something, but what?

"You always protect me," I said playfully, holding onto his arm.

Before I knew it, Yami held me in a loving embrace. We stayed that way until we heard the door open, signaling that a customer had walked into the shop. I reluctantly broke away from him and went towards the customer.

She had long black hair that went down to her waist. Her dark brown eyes scanned the room in search of something. She wore black jeans and a dark purple shirt. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail.

"Hi, how may I help you?" I asked politely.

"I'm looking for duel monster cards," she replied coldly.

"You're in luck. We just received a new shipment this afternoon." I smiled, despite her cold demeanor. "We have individual cards and different booster packs." I gestured towards our single cards and booster packs.

She inspected the individual cards and booster packs. I wondered what she was looking for. She kind of reminds me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Why does she sound familiar? It must be my lack of sleep. Yeah. It has to be.

//Aibou.//

/Yes?/

Yami now stood directly behind me. //I have this strange feeling I know her from somewhere.//

/You know, I had the feeling she reminds me of someone./

//Oh.//

/Doesn't she remind you of someone?/

//??????//

/Now that I think of it, she kind of looks like Bakura./

//I don't see the resemblance……. Wait! I think you might be onto something.//

/How can she look like him, except with another person thrown in?/

//I have no idea. Maybe Bakura would know.//

/We'll have to call him then, and show him a picture./

//…….. In case you have forgotten, we will look suspicious if we asked her for her photograph.//

/Grandpa installed security cameras. Also, I placed one of my own, which I activated while we were talking./

//Since when do you have a security camera installed?//

/Ever since I heard about those robberies./

//……….//

"I'll take these two, one of those, and two of those," she finally decided.

"That will be twenty five dollars even," I said while Yami retrieved the cards and packs she requested. She paid for them and walked away without saying anything.

"She even acts like him before he changed," I whispered softly. Even though he wasn't evil, he still had his attitude. I guess that's better than nothing.

Yami picked up the phone and dialed the number for the Bakura residence. "Hello, Ryou. May I speak to your yami?" He placed the phone on speaker.

"He's not in a good mood right now," Ryou answered, quite worried.

"He's not hurting you?" Yami asked, very concerned.

"No," Ryou sighed. "He's very agitated and worried, ever since the break in last night."

"We have to ask him a question," I spoke up.

"Sorry, but now isn't a good time," Ryou sighed again.

"Someone bearing your resemblance just walked into the shop," Yami tried reasoning. "We think she might have a connection to your yami."

"Is that all?"

"I also felt something strange about her," Yami explained. "As if she was trying to conceal her dark magic."

"I'll go get him right away," Ryou said hastily before placing the phone down.

Yami and I exchanged looks before we heard Bakura growling over the phone. "This had better be important!"

"It is," my yami said calmly. "One of our customers had a similar appearance to you. I felt her dark magic. She thought she had concealed it from me."

"Why didn't you stop her?!?" Bakura growled at us again.

"We didn't want to jump to conclusions," I explained. "I have some pictures of her. If you could come down to the shop and take a look……………"

"We'll be there in half an hour," Ryou spoke up in the background. The connection was cut.

Yami and I waited for around half an hour before they arrived. In that time, we had several customers, but they weren't as rude or cold as her. Many asked the both of us how they could improve their decks. Some of them asked for dueling strategies. We were glad to help our fellow duelists. Most of them asked for Yami's autograph, which he quickly signed. I was surprised this amount of people showed up in half an hour, because there weren't this much when Grandpa was here.

By the time the two arrived, we had a few customers waiting to be helped. Yami said that he would finish the rest of the orders and that I should show them the video. I motioned for Ryou and Bakura to follow me upstairs to my room. On the way up there, I grabbed the tape.

"What happened?" Bakura demanded to know.

"It first started when this girl walked into our shop," I mused. "She looked like you and someone else. I can't place a finger on it. Anyways, she even acted like you from a long time ago. Yami said he felt dark powers from her."

"She didn't say or mention anything?" Bakura asked.

"She did buy a couple cards and a few booster packs," I answered honestly.

"What type of cards did she buy?" Bakura questioned.

"They were both trap cards," I said.

"Who do you think it is?" Ryou asked his yami.

"I don't know until I see her face," Bakura said. "Though, I have my suspicions." He signaled for me to play the tape.

After rewinding it to the correct place, I pressed the play button. During the entire tape, Bakura's expression went from cold, to shocked, to amused, to anger. Ryou just watched it. He was confused why his yami was acting this way.

"Who is it?" Ryou and I asked simultaneously.

"She's my little sister, Anzu (I know this is supposed to be Tea's Japanese name, but you'll see how it fits into the story)," Bakura replied with rage in his voice.

"How is she still alive?" I thought out loud.

"That's what I'd like to know," Bakura wondered. "I saw her die with my own eyes."

"Could she have been sealed within a millennium item?" Ryou asked his yami.

"I don't think so," Bakura replied coolly.

"You never know," I said. "It could have been just an illusion or something."

"Her spirit could have been sealed after she died," Bakura rethought his idea. "I'm going to confront her."

"But we don't even know where she is," Ryou protested.

Bakura turned to his hikari. "She may be only after me, so I have to take that risk."

"But you can't go after her," Ryou begged his yami. "We don't know if you have enough power to defeat her. And what if you get hurt, or even killed?" At this point, he started to sob uncontrollably.

"I promise if things get out of control, I'll pull out," Bakura said, holding his light in a loving embrace. He rubbed Ryou's back, trying to comfort the distraught teen.

"What's going on here?" Yami asked as he entered my room.

"We have just discovered the girl is his sister," I indicated Bakura.

"It is possible," Yami said. "I have never seen her, but my advisor had a girl sealed within a millennium item. He never mentioned her name, or her description. All he told me was that she was a mass murderer. Her next target was to be me."

Bakura then spoke to my yami. "Pharaoh, if I leave my hikari here, will you look after him until I return?"

"You can count on it," Yami said, understandingly. "I will protect him with my life."

There was silence for a few seconds. I tried not to stare at Ryou, but all I could think was of how I would feel if Yami had to leave like this.

"I never thought she would take up a job involving the assassination of a pharaoh, but it goes to show you, you don't know as much as you thought," Bakura said, unexpectedly. "I originally thought she was after me, because I denounced her."

"Why?" Ryou had stopped crying and looked into his yami's eyes.

"Because she brings dishonor among thieves and her family," Bakura sighed. "She always went against our policies. In the end, she was an outcast from our thieving guild."

"I never knew there was a thieves guild," Yami gasped.

"There are many things you don't know, Pharaoh," Bakura said.

"So, who was the one who made that decision?" I asked.

"I did," Bakura lowered his head in shame.

Ryou lifted his yami's head up and looked him straight in the eye. "You made the right decision. If she kept going against your organization, then she shouldn't be in it. She would have caused more trouble than it's worth."

"He's right," I agreed. "You've known her to be capable of murdering innocent people. I think she would most likely strike out against anyone who disagreed with her."

Bakura's eyes opened wide as realization hit him. "She loves to torture her victims before she kills them. One of her favorite methods is to kill the people close to her victim. She wants to see them suffer emotionally and mentally."

"She's going to strike at our lights," Yami gasped. He promptly held me in a protective embrace.

"Which is why I need to search for her," Bakura stated, very firm in his decision.

"You do realize the chances of your actually finding her are slim," Yami pointed out.

"Yes, I have considered that," Bakura said, still determined. "She could strike when we least expect it. Plus, you don't want to be looking over your shoulder every second?"

"He has a point," I said, trying to think of something else to say. Perhaps she could have changed since the last time he saw her. It has been an awful long time…. "But, she may have gained additional power or resources since the last time you saw her."

"Or she could be setting up a trap," Ryou added. He clung onto his yami as if his life depended on it. "She might be waiting for us to be separated and then she'll attack either Yugi or myself."

"He also has a point," I agreed with him.

"This is so frustrating," Bakura growled at no one in particular. "We can't go searching for her, because she could be setting a trap for us, which leaves our lights vulnerable. We certainly won't bring them with us, because she may have set a trap for us. I refuse to wait for her to make her move. What about you, Pharaoh?"

"I agree with you on most of your points," Yami said, still holding onto me. "Though I don't like the idea of waiting, there is nothing we can do for the time being."

"Don't forget, Malik and his yami are arriving tomorrow morning," Ryou mentioned. "We can go to the airport and pick them up. They may have some ideas."

"I wouldn't count on it," his darker half countered.

"You should try looking on the bright side for once," Ryou pouted.

"That's your job," Bakura returned with slight sarcasm.

"Now that I think of it, we'll have four millennium items," I announced. "Hopefully, that would be enough to defend our friends."

"Let's hope so," my yami agreed. "I wish the other millennium item holders would show up. Well, not her, of course."

"I understand what you mean," I sighed.

Suddenly, the phone rang, which surprised everyone. Bakura jumped up from my bed, dragging his light along with him. Yami shoved me behind him, ready to attack the source of the noise. I guess we were in such deep thought that a simple phone ringing startled us. Casually, I picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hello, Mutou residence."

"Hi, this is Malik."

"Oh, hi. We weren't expecting you until tomorrow."

"We caught an earlier flight."

"You allowed your yami to be out in public?"

"No. Shadi and Isis also came along. We have been sensing something strange here."

"We have had our share of troubles. I'll fill you later. Who knows who is eavesdropping on our conversation as we speak?"

"I understand," Malik said.

Then, his yami decided to make his presence known. "I'm not spending time with that imbecile Pharaoh or that soul stealer!"

"They need our help," Malik chided his yami. "It's the least I could do after the incident."

"Oh, sure," Yami Malik grumbled.

"Hey, Yami Malik just to let you know, we suspect it's Bakura's little sister," I whispered loudly on my side.

"SAY WHAT!?!?!" Yami Malik nearly made me deaf.

"Calm down," Malik tried calming his other half down. "You're causing a scene here."

"We'll be there in half an hour," I said before we hung up. "Malik, his sister, and Shadi have arrived at the airport and are waiting for us to pick them up."

"How did they know we needed them earlier?" Ryou questioned. His heart was still racing after the surprise call.

"They sensed something odd around here so they decided to catch an earlier flight," I explained.

"At least we'll have six out of the seven millennium items here," Bakura said.

"All seven of the items have been accounted for," Yami said hesitatingly. "I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing."

"Last year, I tried to gather all seven of them," Bakura reminisced. "And this is all it took? Who would have guessed."

"You're still after them?" Yami scowled.

"Not any more," Bakura said, trying to sound convincing. "I have everything I wanted. Why should I stick out my neck and steal them?"

"That's good to hear," I smiled. "We should really be going."

"I'll drive," Ryou volunteered.

"I will," his yami opposed him. "You'll take forever to reach the airport."

"I promise I won't," Ryou assured his yami.

Half an hour later, we searched for Malik and company. We arrived at the airport around five o'clock in the afternoon. Unfortunately, we had to close the shop rather early. I'm sure Grandpa will understand the importance of it.

"Hi," Malik greeted us as he wheeled his baggage to us. His yami had returned to the millennium rod, for the time being.

"We should head back ASAP," my yami announced.

"We have to wait for the others," Malik pointed out. "My sister is using the bathroom and Shadi is getting his luggage. What's the situation?"

"We should discuss this in a more private place," I indicated towards the other travelers.

"Yes, I do agree," Yami said.

Later that evening, Malik and his sister stayed at our house. They had planned on getting a hotel, but for some reason, there were no vacancies. Shadi stayed with a close friend of his. We haven't told the others of the Ishtars arrival or of Shadi's. Besides, they had enough troubles of their own and most likely were busy. I figured we should hold a meeting tomorrow when we can have everyone attend.

We all sat around the dinner table, eating our meal. Each of us was in our private thoughts. Each of us wondering about our future.

What was going to happen? Is Bakura's little sister involved? What should we do? What are we going to do, now that we have six Millennium Items? Who is she really after? What can we do to prevent injury, or even death?

Wingzero: Bah, the closing sounded lame. Oh well. I have homework to do. *sighs*

Death Scythe: Death to all homework!

Wingzero: Well anyways, tell me what you think about the contest.

Malik: Hey, I actually speak in this chapter!

Wingzero: You'll have more parts in the following chapters.

Malik: ^-^

Wingzero: Hey, if you want Isis and Shadi to have more parts, please give me info on them. So far, all I know is that both hold millennium items, but I don't know who holds what. Also, I need to know their bios.

Death Scythe: And anything else that could be useful.

Ray: Kids WB hasn't yet to introduce them.

Malik: STUPID NETWORK!!!!

Wingzero: Okay. So send the info in. Ja Ne!