Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Eighth Item & Unexpected Twists ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Tea has the item, which holds Anzu.

Ray: *shudders*

Yugi: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yami: *holds his aibou in a protective embrace*

Wingzero: I know Yami Malik doesn't have a past, but he's going to have one.

Yami Malik: I thought you were going to keep this close to the TV show as possible.

Malik: If she did, you would be banished to the Shadow Realm.

Ryou: I wouldn't be alive, I think.

Malik: I would have given my millennium rod to Yugi.

Isis: Same for my millennium tauk.

Yami Malik: Okay, okay, I get the point. What is my past life like?

Wingzero: Ain't telling.

Yami Malik: WHAT!!!!

Wingzero: It's a surprise for our readers.

Yami Bakura: Why do I have a little sister?

Wingzero: And on with the story.

Tuesday morning rolled around. One more day till I turn sixteen. Oh what a joyous occasion, especially when we have one killer on the loose. Isis had taken to preparing breakfast for us, since we allowed her, Malik, and his yami to stay at our place. Shadi arrived early so we could discuss our current situation.

"I believe the problem stems from the seventh millennium item," Yami started off the conversation. "We have reason it fell into the wrong hands."

Shadi's brow rose at Yami's comment. "I thought we possess all seven millennium items from what you told me."

"We have the millennium puzzle, ring, eye, rod, tauk, and scales," Yami explained. "We believe someone out there holds the millennium arm band."

From beneath his shirt, Shadi produced the millennium ankh. "I believe this to be the seventh millennium item."

"Why haven't I heard of it?" Isis pondered. She folded her arms.

"WHAT!!!" my yami screamed at no one in particular. It took him a few more seconds to register the information.

"We have been running into problems," I sighed. "Maybe an eighth millennium item was made out of your knowledge."

"Yes," Yami agreed with me. "I did not authorize the creation of an eight item."

"What does it do?" I asked Shadi.

"This allows me to see into a person's soul room," Shadi answered.

"I definitely did not authorize that," Yami huffed. He paced back and forth in our kitchen as the rest of us ate, except for the other yami.

"So you think the person behind this is after your lights?" Malik asked after taking a bite.

"We know she is after us," Yami corrected him. "Her last assignment was to assassinate me. Her brother denounced her. She wants revenge against us."

Suddenly, Malik's yami decided to make an appearance. "They're not the only ones she after."

"What do you mean by that?" Isis asked. She was overprotective of her little brother.

"I too know Anzu," Yami Malik growled. His light simply looked at him for an explanation. "We used to be dating each other."

"You actually dated her?" I gasped.

"Unfortunately," Yami Malik growled again. "We had both joined the thieves guild ran by her older brother. From there we started dating and eventually got engaged."

"What happened?" Malik asked.

"I broke our engagement, because she has dishonored the guild and cheated on me," Yami Malik answered with rage in his eyes.

"You're saying my little brother is in danger?" Isis blinked her eyes in disbelief.

"I'm afraid so," Yami Malik sighed.

"This can't be good," Yami spoke up. "She has grudges against all three of us."

"What are we planning on doing?" I asked my yami.

Yami stopped pacing around and paused for a moment to think. "Each pair will have to guard a certain amount of people until we're sure she has been taken care of."

"I will go with my brother," Isis volunteered. She placed her hand on her brother's shoulder. His yami glared at her, but he didn't say anything. After all, they were siblings. Was that jealousy?

"That leaves Seto, Mokuba, Tristan, Joey, Mai, Serenity, and my grandpa," I ticked off each of our friends.

"Each pair will watch three," Yami announced after doing the math in his head.

"How about we take Seto, and his brother in addition to our grandpa," I suggested.

"KAIBA!!" Yami yelled in disgust.

"Someone needs to switch to decaf," Malik commented off handed.

"Why not?" I pouted. "The others haven't accepted him as their friend."

"Fine," Yami yielded to my logic though he looked ticked off by the idea. "Joey and Mai will go with Malik. Tristan, Serenity, and Shadi will go with Ryou. If anyone has any complaints, now is the time to speak."

"I have no problems," Malik answered.

"Neither do I," Isis said.

"These arrangements are acceptable," Shadi said. He sat up rather stiffly.

"We will have to inform the guys," I spoke up. "They don't know you're here and the eighth millennium item."

"I'll start calling them while you finish breakfast," Yami said as he walked over to the phone hanging on out kitchen wall.

"So what's Egypt like?" I asked Malik and his sister.

"Nothing much," Malik answered before receiving a playful slap by his yami. "What was that for?" Yami Malik stared at the opposite wall.

"I was just curious," I answered sheepishly. "I haven't traveled out of Japan."

"Maybe you can come on one of our archeological digs," Isis suggested. "We were planning to leave early August, but we will be back in time for school." Malik flinched at the last part. "You have to go to school."

"You didn't," Malik shot back at her.

"I graduated early," Isis answered. She had her hands on her hips.

"Fine!" Malik resumed eating his breakfast.

"I know how you feel," I sympathized with him.

"What would you like to know about Egypt?" Isis asked me.

"Everything," I said once I swallowed.

"Let's see," Isis started. "You know it's hot. The capital is Cairo. When a pharaoh dies, his subjects prepare a tomb for him. They leave large amounts of gold and jewels, because they believe he can take them with him in his afterlife. However, many of these tombs have been raided in the past centuries. Several priceless artifacts have been taken. Fortunately, we have recovered some of them."

"I never knew," I said. "Did they worship cats?"

"Yes, they did," Isis answered. "They believed cats ……….."

A large object came crashing through a window and landed on my plate. It had narrowly missed giving Malik a concussion. He sat to my left. I carefully picked up the brick and noticed a note attacked to one of its sides.

"What does it say?" Yami came racing towards me.

"It says, `Good luck on your party. You're going to need it. Signed, Anzu.'" I read from the note.

"We at least know she's after your light," Yami Malik said.

"Yeah," Yami grumbled. "By the way, the others will be arriving shortly."

"I should clean this up," I said, seeing as I could no longer eat my food due to the dirt and shards of china. Before I could do anything, it suddenly disappeared. "What just happened?"

"I don't know," Malik blinked.

"You're tapping into your powers," Yami Malik answered. "Too bad you can't."

"Be nice," Malik stuck his tongue out.

"This isn't the first time he's used them," Yami said while coming to my side again. He was busy looking out for Anzu, except he couldn't sense her. I guess he couldn't, because through our link, I can feel his frustration.

"What does power does her item posses?" I asked Yami.

"I don't know," he answered me truthfully.

"From what your accounts, I hypothesize she has the ability to conceal herself," Shadi said. He hadn't spoken unless he had something to say.

"That's just great," Yami said, now more pissed off than ever.

"I can try to predict her next move, but she could alter her future," Isis sighed. She shook her head. "Malik, there's a secret I've been keeping from you."

"What do you mean?" Malik asked. Her last sentence caught his attention.

"I have been keeping a secret to protect you," Isis hesitated saying.

"I know the feeling," I sighed. "I didn't tell anyone I was half boy-half girl, because I was afraid of how they might react."

"You too?" Isis asked.

"SAY WHAT!!!" Malik screamed before falling out of his chair. "If I'm thinking what you're thinking, there's no way I could be…….." His yami had a neutral expression.

"I'm afraid so," Isis answered. "Although you looked completely normal on the outside, you have mixed hormones on the inside. I forgot what it's called."

"I wondered why you often had mood swings once a month," Yami Malik mused.

"Shut up!" Malik growled at his yami.

I stood up and tried to comfort the distraught teen. "Don't worry. We understand what you're going through."

"We?" Malik questioned.

"You and I are not the only ones who have it," I informed him.

"Who else?" Malik asked. He didn't believe from the way he asked.

"Ryou," I answered.

"Has anyone noticed a pattern here?" Shadi announced.

"Huh?" Everyone responded.

"Every light has the same condition," Shadi explained. "Yet, Isis and I don't have it."

"You're saying that every millennium item holder who has a yami is affected?" Yami raised his brow. He was now towering over both Malik and me.

"Yes," Shadi answered. "Strange coincidence isn't it?"

"You can say that again," Malik gasped.

Twenty minutes later, we heard a loud banging coming from the front door. Grandpa must have let them in, because it stopped after a minute. He was organizing the cards we received last afternoon. We heard footsteps racing towards the kitchen.

"Did we miss anything?" Joey panted as the rest filed into the room.

"You missed a lot," I answered.

"Since when did you decided to redecorate?" Seto asked while pointing towards the hole in the window.

"Anzu sent us this letter," I held up for everyone to see.

"Who's Anzu?" Tristan asked.

"She's my little sister," Bakura sneered. He held onto his hikari protectively.

"You have a little sister?" Seto gasped. "I thought you were an only child."

"I wish," Bakura thought out loud.

"Before we begin talking, I should inform you of what we know," I spoke up. Yami agreed with me. "We have decided each millennium item holder and his yami will protect three of you. Here's the assignments. Tristan, Serenity, and Shadi are with Ryou. Joey, Mai, and Isis are with Malik. The rest are with us." Seto seemed to have a smug smile on his face. Why?

"You mean I have to be with HIM?" Tristan pointed his finger at the ex-tomb raider.

"My sister will not be with HIM!" Joey protested, very loudly I might add.

"I'm sure Bakura will protect them," I said, hoping he would. He nodded his head.

"There is also an eighth millennium item," Shadi spoke up as he held the ankh in his hand.

"Eight?" the others chorused.

"Just our luck," Joey grumbled.

"My sister was sealed within the seventh," Bakura clarified. "The pharaoh doesn't know who created the millennium ankh."

"We also know that the millennium arm band has the power to conceal the holder," Shadi explained further. "From what I heard, she has three targets."

"Who would they be?" Seto asked enraged at I don't know.

"All the yamis," Isis said calmly.

"What does she want with Yami Malik?" Tristan gathered the facts in his head.

"They used to be engaged until he broke it off," Malik answered for his yami.

"I can see why she holds a grudge against you," Seto still was angry. "Listen, I have to head back to work. They will be wondering why I haven't showed up."

"We have to stick together," Mokuba said drowsily. He had been sleeping on his brother's lap the entire time.

"Malik has something he wants to say," I said quickly and received a glare from the Egyptian boy. "Well, go on."

"I recently found I'm unusual," Malik said.

"Unusual as in what way," Joey asked as he leaned over in our direction.

"I'm kind of like ………………………….. Yugi," Malik whispered the last word.

"Another one?" Seto raised his brow.

"Don't worry, we understand," Ryou would have gone over to comfort Malik if his yami wasn't holding onto him.

"Did your yami take it well?" Mai asked, once she had cleared away her sleepiness.

"I think he took it rather well," Malik answered. He glanced over to his yami.

"At least yours didn't freak out," Joey brought up how my yami reacted, only to receive a death glare from my yami.

"If you're wondering what he's talking about, my yami freaked out when I told him," I answered before Yami could stop me. "Bakura took it well considering he figured it out."

"I still need to get to my office," Seto still went on about work.

"We'll just have to accompany you there," Yami grumbled. Obviously, they still saw each other as rivals. Sheesh, duel monsters is just a game. (Wingzero: Look who's naïve.)

"What about Grandpa," I remembered I had assigned him to our group.

"He will have to come with us," Yami said.

"The store," I answered.

"I'll pay for any lost revenue," Seto assured us.

Later that morning, Yami, Mokuba, Grandpa, and I were at Kaiba Corps. Mokuba and I had been playing video games, since last time we didn't have enough time. I tried to persuade Yami to join us, but he would rather watch me than play.

"What do you want to do?" Mokuba said finally getting tired of the games.

"I don't know," I answered. /What would you like to do?/

//No comments.//

/What does that mean?/

//It means you're too young to hear what I'd like to do.//

/I'm almost sixteen years old./ I protested.

Before I knew it, Yami held me in his arms in a loving embrace. Mokuba giggled at the sight of both of us while Grandpa beamed at my good fortunes. He released me when he heard the owner come storming into the room.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Malik has just been attacked," Seto gave the bad news. "He's in the hospital in critical condition. They don't know whether he will survive the night."

"We have to go there!" I bursted out.

"I will have my driver take us there," Seto said while dialing the number on his cell phone.

Tears were streaming down my face. Even though I didn't know him that well, I considered him to be one of my friends. My yami wiped the tears as they rolled down my face.

"He will survive," he assured me.

"Of course, he will," Mokuba chirped.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. Isis was in her brother's room along with his yami. The others either stood or paced back and forth in the waiting room.

"How is he?" Yami asked.

"Not doing well," Joey answered. He had a horrified look in his eye. "I should have stopped her, but I couldn't."

"It's okay," my yami comforted him. "You don't stand a chance against her."

"Yeah," Mai agreed with him. "Yami Malik was knocked unconscious before he realized what was going on."

As the others talked, I wandered to his room. Beeping and crying noises could be heard. That reminded me, how was that guard doing? I peeked into the room to find his sister crying out her heart and Yami Malik begging his light to come back.

"Go away!" Yami Malik hissed at me.

"It's only me," I said, walking into the room.

"Oh, I thought it was one of those nurses," Yami Malik sniffled a little.

Wires and tubes covered his body. I could see large bruises forming where the hospital gown didn't cover his body. His pale appearance didn't assure me he was going to survive. How could she do this? I stood by his darker half. Please, let him be alright. I reached out and held his slightly warm hand.

Wingzero: Should I end it here?

Ray: You know they're going to get mad at you.

Yami Malik: *storms into the room* What have you done to my hikari!!!

Wingzero: Chill out. He's not dead, yet.

Yami Malik: *grabs Wingzero by the collar*

Death Scythe: I suggest putting her down before you're missing an important part.

Yami Malik: *growls before letting Wingzero go*

Ray: So I was right. Anzu is Tea's yami.

Wingzero: And so were the other reviewers who guessed it.

Yugi: When will discover it?

Wingzero: It will be after your birthday.

Yugi: Okay. Aren't you going to continue?

Wingzero: Uhhh……………….

Malik: You had better!

Wingzero: I think I'll wait until the next chapter.

YGO crew: NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray: -_-;

Wingzero: Fine.

We stood around in silence as we watched our friend or brother slip away. Is it me or is his hand starting to feel warmer by the second? Nah, it couldn't be, could it? I must be hallucinating. Or this could be one really weird dream.

Malik shot up from his bed, breathing heavily. He blinked several times. "What happened?"

"We were attacked," Isis stuttered a little. "I didn't see it coming, because she changed the future with her millennium item."

"I thought you had left me," Yami Malik cried out and held onto his hikari.

Malik blushed bright red when his yami held him. "How did I get back here?"

"What do you mean?" Isis asked.

"I was at heaven's gate when I was suddenly pulled back here," Malik explained to us.

"It was me," I confessed. "I healed you though I don't know exactly how."

"Her next target would most likely be Ryou," Yami Malik said.

Malik had started removing the tubes and cords from his body. The nurse ran into the room and nearly fainted when she saw him up. That must be one for the books. I mean seeing your patient, nearly dead, getting up as if it were a regular day.

The others crowded into the room once the rumor had spread throughout the hospital. We explained the situation to them. Bakura also agreed that his hikari would most likely be the next target. He wanted me to be around, because I had healed Malik.

Wingzero: Happy?

YGO crew: YEAH!!!

Wingzero: Oh wow. Two whole submissions.

Ray: Isn't that good?

Wingzero: Not really cause in one or two more chapters I will be hitting the birthday scene. Maybe three if I can stretch it.

Ray: What will happen if they don't send it in?

Wingzero: Whoever sent theirs in will get to pick what they want to be at the party. Also the Bladebreakers, my yami, and I will be attending the party.

Ray: We will?

Wingzero: You don't want to go with me?

Death Scythe: *comes out of the millennium necklace*

Ray: Of course I would love to take you.

Tyson: FREE FOOD!!!!!!

Max: Is that all you ever think about?

Tyson: No.

Max: -_-;

Wingzero: For the questions, the pairings doesn't have to be a romantic scene. Let's see group pictures. You can do them, but it has to meet the requirements of at least one of the categories and you must specify which one you want it in. As for the deadline, I will set it some time in the first week of November.