Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Who's Next? ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: I'm back!

Yami Bakura: We know.

Wingzero: *glares at Yami Bakura* Okay, Yami Bakura will now be referred to as Bakura and Yami Malik is Ishtar.

Yami Malik: Ishtar?

Wingzero: Or we can call you Pretty Princess.

Ishtar: --u Ishtar is fine.

Wingzero: What about you Yami Bakura?

Bakura: I think I'll stick to Bakura.

Death Scythe: Still counting down until the party scene. We have received only one more picture since our last posting, but we may have to close it, if people aren't interested.

Wingzero: HOWEVER, for those of you who submitted them, you will be able to pick which part you want.

Yugi: *wanders into the room* Are we holding a yami/hikari gathering?

Death Scythe: Yup! All the yamis will be going with me and all the hikaris will be going with my aibou.

Malik & Ryou: *walk into the room*

Yami: *comes out of the puzzle*

Ishtar, Bakura, & Yami: *follow DS out of the room*

Malik: What are we going to do?

Wingzero: *drags over a HUGE bag of assorted candy*

Yugi: SUGAR!!!!

Hikaris: ^-^ *pounces on the candy*

Disclaimers: We've all had enough of them.

After the near hit, we shouldn't take her lightly, especially with her millennium item. She can strike at any time without us knowing until it was too late. Ishtar seemed to be growing closer to his hikari ever since then. The others didn't see it, but I could tell. This had shaken up the spirit. Though he appeared to be cold and distant to the others, he wasn't when it came to his hikari. I wondered if Malik knew.

"Where are we going?" I asked my yami as we headed out of the hospital.

"We're going back to the Kaiba mansion," Yami shuddered at the thought.

Isis had been fussing over her little brother ever since he was cleared to leave. She completely ignored his steaming yami. I was about to respond when I saw Ishtar crack. This was not good, not good at all. I headed towards Ishtar before he caused any serious damage to his hikari's sister. Not that I couldn't heal her.

"Stay out of this," Ishtar warned me.

"Think about it," I sighed at his behavior. "She wants to take care of her brother. Face it, you're not the type of person who would do that." I pointed to Isis.

"I see your point," Ishtar grumbled, before falling back. Still, he kept his eyes on his hikari, because he never knew when Anzu could attack, and he didn't want to make the same mistake twice, when it nearly cost him everything.

//What are you doing?// My yami teased me through our link.

/I was merely protecting Isis from an insane yami./ I mentally smiled.

//Oh really.//

/Yes, and watch out for that ……../

//Pole…….// Yami finished for me.

The others had stopped in their tracks to find my darker half rubbing his head. A moment of silence passed. They soon were laughing hard. I even joined it, but I just giggled at him. I guess we needed a good laugh. The tension here could cut through a gundam.

"I fail to find the humor," Yami stated flatly.

"I thought pharaohs were supposed to be graceful," Bakura laughed.

"And dignified," Ishtar added.

"I wish I had my camera," Joey commented while holding his sides.

"Same here," Seto managed to laugh along with us.

"I'd like to see you two try," Yami glared at the two, causing them to laugh even harder.

"We should focus on our situation," I said sternly. We had a much bigger problem to deal with than my yami's ego.

"He's right," Ryou agreed with me. "We still have to deal with Anzu and her new partner."

"I wonder who she could be," I mused. "Do you think it could be a boy?"

Yami shrugged. "There have been times when a person has received a partner of the opposite gender, though it has nothing to do with the millennium items."

"Wait a second," Malik called our attention. "Someone mentioned that the lights have so far been half and half. What if this person has the same condition?"

"I never thought of that," I gasped as I remembered our breakfast conversation.

"It would make sense," Yami said thoughtfully.

We headed towards Seto's limousine. Fortunately, everyone was able to fit inside, without being squashed together. Each dark half sat next to their lighter half. Serenity took the seat next to her boyfriend. Joey sat next to his girlfriend. Isis watched over Mokuba as Seto took the other spot next to me.

"What do we do now?" Tristan asked no one in particular.

"I say we should stick together," I answered firmly.

"There is strength in numbers," Ryou agreed with my suggestion.

"We will have all seven millennium items in one place," Shadi spoke up. He had a stern look on his face. Something told me he wasn't telling us everything.

"What about it?" Joey asked, demanding to know the answer.

"Isn't it a good thing?" Mai questioned. She didn't know much about the millennium items.

"In a sense it is," I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Malik asked me.

"We make an easy target for someone who wants to steal the items," Bakura growled. He held onto his aibou fiercely. The recent events had shaken this cold hearted soul stealer. Normally, he couldn't have cared less for his light, but this time, he was different.

"We'll just have to do something about it," Ishtar also growled.

"Like what," Seto said. He was unusually quiet during our conversation. "How can you fight something you can't sense?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, he has a point," Yami confessed. He folded his arms across his chest and closed his eyes.

"Does she have a pattern?" I wondered out loud.

"Yes, she does," Bakura said. The proverbial light went off. "We can use that against her."

"I hope it works," Malik wished.

"So do I," Ryou agreed with his fellow hikari.

"She may think you're dead," Isis mentioned to her little brother.

"We will have to keep you hidden," Ishtar decided.

"For how long?" Shadi questioned everybody.

"Until we can either capture or kill her," Yami stated rather coldly.

"You're not serious about killing her," I gasped. I couldn't bear the thought of killing someone, even if that person was a murderer.

"She killed hundreds of innocent people," Yami mentioned to me. "Do you think she deserves to live, after what she has done? She nearly had taken the life of Malik."

"I don't know," I sighed and stared at the floor.

"If she ever tries to hurt my light," Bakura growled, angrier than ever. "I don't care if she's my little sister."

"Are you denouncing her because of me?" Ryou looked up at his yami.

"Yes," Bakura smiled a little while holding onto his light.

"As much as I'd hate to ruin this moment, but we have a crazy girl on the loose," Yami interrupted the two. They seemed to be getting closer. I wondered if it has something to do with our recent events.

"What if we tried to find her partner?" Ryou suggested.

"And how?" Ishtar questioned. "Yami couldn't sense her so how do you think you could do any better?" Yes, I was wondering that question too.

"The millennium ring!" Yami slapped his forehead. "I should have remembered it. When we had designed the millennium items, we ensured that none of them had more power over the other. We had to balance the power."

"I see," I said, as realization hit me. "The millennium ring cancels out the power of the millennium arm band."

"ARGH!!" Bakura screamed.

"What is it?" Ryou asked concerned.

"If I would have known this, I could have used our ring to locate that intruder," Bakura said reluctantly. "Then we wouldn't be in this mess."

"The only problem is that we'd be vulnerable," Seto called our attention. "If we're out searching for her, she needs only to wait until we come to her."

"Then she can spring her trap," Joey groaned. He wasn't as dumb as he appears to be. Though at times, he can be slow.

"Just great," Tristan mumbled.

"We'll be okay, won't we?" Serenity asked.

"The guys will protect us," Mai said. "At least that's what I think they'll do."

"Of course we will," Joey attempted to sound macho.

"Sure you will," Bakura retorted.

"You didn't even fight her," Ishtar pointed out that fact.

"I didn't see you doing any better," Joey returned fire. Ishtar glared at him, but his hikari held him back before the blonde received any more injuries.

Later in the afternoon, we had arrived at the Kaiba mansion. Malik, Ryou, and I decided to duel each other without the help of our yamis. Joey and Mai kept themselves busy doing who knows what, but at least they were within range. Tristan kept trying to start a conversation with Shadi, but ended up chatting with my grandpa. Serenity and Mokuba played with each other. They looked like they were having a great time. Grandpa and Isis were in the kitchen cooking something. Our darker halves were talking to Seto. I don't know what they were discussing, because my yami refused to talk to me about it. Also, he blocked our mental link.

"What do you suppose they're doing?" I asked the other two lights. Malik and Ryou were now dueling each other. I was going to face off against the winner.

"I have no clue," Malik shrugged as he picked up a card from his deck and placed it face down. "You know my yami. He isn't exactly a people person."

"Same as mine," Ryou sighed. "I tried teaching him to be social, but he would scare everyone away. The only people who would remotely come near him is our group."

"You got off lucky," Malik now sighed.

"What?" I wondered, completely confused at his remark.

"Yours doesn't beat you for being weak," Ryou spoke up. It had been ages, since Bakura stopped beating Ryou, but it still haunts him. "I know he's change. It's just……. The memory of it."

"I think between all of our yamis, you received the only sane one to start with," Malik teased me. "Both of ours tried to take over the world."

"How could we forget," I smiled weakly. Ryou had placed one of his monsters in attack mode and attacked.

"I don't think so," Malik said a little arrogantly. He flipped over a trap card, causing Ryou's monster to be destroyed. "You should have remembered my face down card, I played earlier."

"Darn," Ryou muttered. Good thing he had two monsters on the field. Otherwise, Malik can directly attack his life points.

"But still, I would like to know what they're doing?" I protested. I slouched further into my chair with my arms folded across my chest.

"Knowing them, it has something to do with today," Malik pointed out. "After that attack, I think they're being more cautious."

"They're probably formulating a strategy," Ryou said. He placed another card down when it was his turn. "You know Yami. When it comes to dueling, he is a master strategist."

"I can't argue with you there," I smiled.

"There!" Malik smiled with triumph. "That takes your life points down to zero."

"I wasn't much of a duelist," Ryou sighed as he departed the platform. "Your turn."

"Okay," I said, picking myself from the chair, which Ryou now occupied.

"You sound depressed," Ryou noticed my state.

"It's nothing," I said trying to sound cheerful.

"Really?" both of them said at once.

"Yeah," I smiled back at them.

"We don't think so," Malik and Ryou said simultaneously, surprising each other at the same time. I raised my brow at that.

"It's nothing important," I said while stepping onto the platform.

"It must be something," Ryou continued. "You can tell us. We're your friend, don't you trust us?" He appeared to be slightly hurt.

I guess I could tell them. Other than my yami, I feel connected to these two. I'm sure they feel the same way with me. "My sixteenth birthday is tomorrow. I wanted to spend it with my friends and family without being hunted."

"Oh," Ryou said. He leaned forward in the chair. "Hopefully we can get this resolved before then, but we shouldn't let it depress us."

"I guess you're right," I smiled. I shuffled my deck as did Malik.

Minutes later, I had the Celtic Guardian out on the field. In my hand, I held the Dark Magician, Mirror Force, Magical Hats, and Summoned Skull. Since it was still my turn, I drew another card. It was Curse of Dragon. I placed my trap card out onto the field along with my Dark Magician in attack mode.

"Okay, I'm ending my turn," I smiled as Malik drew a card from his deck.

Suddenly a large dragon launched a surprise attack. It crashed through the wall, causing the debris to fly everywhere. I had to curl into a tight ball in order to avoid being hit by the flying objects. As soon as the dust settled down, I stood up to find the same girl standing on the dragon. She had a murderous look on her face.

"Too bad you didn't die," she scowled. "It would have saved me the trouble of killing you again." She shifted her weight from side to side.

"We won't make the same mistake twice," Malik growled at her.

She had an evil laugh to her. "Oh, I don't think you'll be around to correct your mistakes."

"Anzu!" I called out to her.

"So you know my name," Anzu retorted. She had an evil glint in her eyes. "Too bad it won't help you. Attack!"

My eyes widened as the dragon readied another deadly attack. I raised my arms to block my face. Waiting for the attack to hit, I realized it never came. I lowered my arms down to find my Dark Magician hovering near me. Then it hit me, not the attack. My Mirror Force card hadn't been used. Either it had been activated when she attacked or my Dark Magician did it.

Malik's duel monster had also taken its position against the dragon. It guarded its master from our enemies. It must have felt sorry for not being there when Malik was first ambushed. Ryou shrank back in his seat. Since he wasn't dueling, he didn't have any duel monsters out.

Wait a second! Our duel monsters were here! I didn't summon them. No. We were dueling when out of nowhere they came into our dimension. I wondered how, but it will have to wait. Anzu seemed ticked off. She knew she couldn't defeat my Dark Magician with her dragon, because he had more attack points than her duel monster.

"I'll be back!" Anzu shrieked as she was about to make a hasty retreat. "This is to remember me by." She winked at all of us, before her dragon attacked.

Our duel monsters took their positions in front of us, when the attack went past them and towards Ryou. Since she couldn't attack us, she went after the only one without a duel monster present. It happened in less than a split second so we couldn't react in time. The attack hit its target with full force. Ryou was sent flying backwards.

I had jumped off from the platform with my Dark Magician following me. Skidding to a halt, I checked Ryou's pulse. At first I thought we lost him, but I soon felt a faint pulse. Good, he was still alive. I placed my hand over him and concentrated on his form.

"What happened?" Ryou shot up.

"We were under attack," Malik snarled as he joined us.

"What's your Dark Magician doing here?" Ryou asked, looking over my shoulder.

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea," I said hastily. "All I remember was placing him onto the field in attack. Then Anzu surprised us with her sneak attack."

"Master Yugi, I sensed you were in danger," Dark Magician said calmly. "I only wish to protect you from her. I'm sorry if it…."

"Don't apologize," I beamed at him. I stood up and hugged him around the waist. This started him, but he soon relaxed.

Three yamis, one billionaire, two females, two males, and one boy ran into the room. I wondered if Seto's neighborhood didn't hear the attack. I wouldn't be surprised if the neighborhood next to his did.

"What happened?" Seto gasped as he stared at the missing chunk of wall.

"And why is the Dark Magician here?" Yami added. He had a concerned look in his eyes.

"We were dueling when out of nowhere Anzu attacked us," I answered for the hikaris.

"I knew I should have been here," Bakura growled at the other yamis.

I nodded my head in agreement. "Since our duel monster protected us, she went after Ryou."

"Fortunately, Yugi healed him," Malik added.

"See, what did I tell you," Bakura was still growling.

"We won't get anywhere by blaming each other," Yami tried to stop the bickering.

"So what do we do?" Joey asked meekly. He had paled at the sight of our battle.

"We're going to increase security," Seto said before picking up his cell phone to make a few calls. I wondered who he was calling.

Bakura went over to his light. They were having a deep conversation from the looks of it. Shadi remained impassive as usual. Doesn't anything excite him? Isis was making sure her brother wasn't hurt. Ishtar even helped her. Serenity comforted the younger Kaiba. The other duel monsters had gone back to wherever they came from, but my Dark Magician stayed. Out of my deck, I'd have to say he was the most loyal to us.

"Why did you come?" Yami asked him.

"I sensed Master Yugi was in danger," Dark Magician answered.

"How long are you staying?" I asked him, hoping he would stay out for awhile.

"As long as you want me to be," Dark Magician smiled a little at me.

"That's great!" I chirped. "You'll need a name." I paused a few moments to think of one. "Mirai! It means future."

"Why would you name him that?" Malik asked me, once his sister and yami had stopped fussing over him.

"It sounded cute," I smiled. The others sweatdropped.

"I like my new name," Dark Magician assured me.

All of us pitched in to clear the debris. Mirai used a spell to fix the hole in the wall. Wow, I wondered if he could teach me that. The yamis stayed close to their respective partners, which meant Yami was hovering close to me. Even though Mirai stood guard near me, he still felt it was his duty to protect me.

/What were you talking about?/

//I can't tell you, not now anyways.//

/I'm sure you'll tell me when the time comes./

//You know you're next.//

/I know, but I have the two of you to guard me./

[True.]

/WHAT!!/

//!!!!!!!//

[We are connected.]

//I see.//

[Don't worry Master Yami, I will protect him with my life.]

//I have no doubt there, but she has the ability to conceal herself.//

[I understand.]

/Will you attend my birthday dinner?/ I switched the topic.

[If that is what you wish.]

/Goodie!/

//Hopefully, we'll survive until then.//

Wingzero: *jumps up and down, then bounces off the walls*

Malik: *tries to catch ball of yarn*

Yugi: *runs around the room pretending to be the Dark Magician*

Ryou: *sings horribly off key*

Ishtar: Finally, I thought it would never end. *walks into the room and pales* O.O

Bakura: What is it? I can't see.

Ishtar: You wouldn't want to come in here.

Yami: *squeezes in between and walks into the room* O.O

Death Scythe: OH RA!!! THEY'RE ON SUGAR HIGHS!!!!

YY, YM, & YB: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamis: *run out of the room and lock the door*

Wingzero: *stops in her tracks* What was that all about?

Ryou: I don't know.

Yugi: Maybe they found more sugar!!

Ray: *walks into the room*

Wingzero: *glomps Ray*

Ray: !!!!!

Wingzero: *drags Ray off somewhere*

Malik: *shrugs and breaks down the door*

Ishtar: O.O

Malik: *drags his yami off somewhere*

Ryou & Yugi: *fall asleep on the couch* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

YY & YB: *exhale with relief*