Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Ishtar's Game ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: ;_; I have such understanding reviewers.

YB & YM: LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON!

Wingzero: >=( SHUT UP!!!!!

Yami: *wakes up groggily* Huh?

DS: --

Yugi: *drinking his lemonade* This is good.

Ryou: *also drinking his lemonade* I do concur.

Wingzero: I may consider writing one if I have positive feedback on my practice ones. And thanks to the people who suggested it. *drinks her lemonade*

YY, YB, & YM: You will?

Wingzero: Maybe. If I actually do it, it will be a side fic, and I will mention it here.

Yami: Good enough.

^_______________________________________________________________ _____________^

Malik's POV

As we prepared to leave, Joey had to run to Bakura's group. Don't know why, but I had a feeling it involved his little sister and her boyfriend. Not any of my concern. She has enough older brothers as it is. Since we were staying at Yugi's place, our group decided to return to Yugi's house and get our belongings before returning to the Kaiba mansion. From there we would stop by Joey's house followed by Mai's. Joey's house was closer so we opted to go to his and then swing around to Mai's. Hers was a little further away in almost the same direction. Yugi and his group were also leaving to get their belongings rather than borrowing it from Seto. They were just going to his house, since Seto and Mokuba lived here so they didn't require anything. Grandpa lived with Yami and Yugi.

Suddenly Joey ran up to us and wrapped his arm around his girlfriend, who giggled on contact. My yami just rolled his eyes at their display of affection. I shrugged it off. I really didn't care what they do as long as it doesn't go beyond that.

"What kept you?" Mai asked, out of curiosity.

"I was making sure my sister was okay," Joey laughed sheepishly. "You know how much I care about her."

"Sure," Mai mocked growled at him.

"Anyways, we're heading to Yugi's house first," I mentioned. "It's closer." I said before he could even ask.

"Nothing against Yug, but why are we headed there?" Joey asked. We all knew that Joey and Yugi were best friends, almost like brothers.

"We stayed at his place," my older sister answered. She stayed quiet the entire time. Her fingers toyed with her millennium tauk. "It was nice of them."

"That's Yugi for yah!" Joey chirped. He seemed very happy. Then again, he has a girlfriend and a best friend. What do I have? One yami. How pathetic am I? Don't even answer.

Seto had arranged for a car to take us to the Mutou household. We had left a few minutes after Yugi's group to allow them time to open the house. Once there, we would quickly pick up belongings and head over to Joey's apartment. The last place we would hit was Mai's.

As we rode in the car, I stared outside the window. People were going about their lives in a normal fashion. They didn't even know the dangers of the shadow realm. I don't think they would even believe in it. Only a select few of us knew of its existence. As part of the select, we have the responsibility of making guarding it. What a life! Sometimes I wish I could be one of those people. Just like I was before I obtained the millennium rod.

Yami took this role seriously, even though he had a girlfriend. He told all of us to also take it seriously. I think being pharaoh has gone to his head. First of all we weren't in Egypt and second of all, that was a few millennia ago. Times have changed unlike a certain pharaoh.

//What are you thinking about?//

/Life sucks./

//Oh really.//

I decided to glance over towards my yami. He had his brow raised in curiosity. /If you must know, we have Anzu to deal with. We still have to guard the shadow realm entrance./

//Ah. Yami takes that job seriously.//

/Do tell. What do you think Anzu is going to do next?/

//I really don't know.// He sighed and continued staring out the window.

/Look at all those people. They don't have a clue what's going on. Lucky them./

//Lucky in a sense, they don't have to deal with the situation. However, they don't decided the outcome of it. We do.//

/Yeah and do we get any credit. Noooooooo./ I made my last remark as sarcastic as possible.

//You have a point, but they will discover the millennium items and the shadow realm.//

/I never thought about that./ I paused to think about it. /They might even ask to use you as a guinea pig for one of their experiments./

//Somehow I don't like the sound of that.//

Something caught my attention. That face looked familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it. She had short brown hair and a cheer leading uniform on. Why would she have a cheerleading uniform on when it wasn't even the school year? I leaned forward and squinted at her.

"What is Tea doing here?" Joey surprised me. I never expected him to be that close to me without sensing his presence. I must have been too caught up in my thoughts and conversation with my yami to even notice.

"What is she doing here?" Mai growled at the cheerleader. She glared in the direction of the girl, who had no clue she was being watched.

Since we were at a stop light, we were able to watch her as she moved through the crowds. She was crossing the street and heading towards a store. Wonder which store it was. Then she abruptly entered one of them. It had the appearance of medieval times. They had several potion ingredients, books on magic, and myriad of other magical items on the store display.

All of us gasped as she entered that store. We never suspected her to dabble in magic or even touch it. I wondered what could have changed her mind. Yami informed me while we were at their home, he had dumped her, because she rejected his light. Had I been there and known I also had the same condition, I would have killed her on the spot.

"What could she want there?" I asked my yami out loud.

"I don't know," Ishtar responded while continuing to watch. By this time, the stop light had turned to green for us.

"Maybe we should inform Yami," Isis said regaining her voice.

"I think that's a good idea," Mai agreed with my older sister.

"Yeah, Yami will know what to do," Joey chimed, while backing up the girls. "He always knows what to do."

"We will when we reach the game shop," my yami growled. I dunno why, but he seemed to be jealous. Could it possibly be that everyone went to Yugi's yami for help instead of him?

The rest of the ride was pretty much uneventful. Joey and Mai cuddled against each other while ignoring the rest of us passengers. My yami scowled at them before looking in a different direction. He didn't want them, making lovey-dovey remarks. It was plain disgusting to him. Personally, I found it to be quite amusing. As for my sister, she kept her eyes on my yami and myself. Maybe there was something going on that I didn't know about. Then again, she was very overprotective of me. For example, my class in middle school was going on a field trip to some caves, but she wouldn't allow me to.

Minutes later, we arrived at the Turtle Game Shop. Since we had hit traffic on the way back, Yugi and company arrived earlier than us. They had already closed up the shop for a few days, but the lights in the upstairs were on. Picking up myself from the comfortable chair, I headed towards the shop with my sister and my yami just behind me. They must be worried about another attack, after seeing me close to death.

Knocking on the door, a soft pitter patter of feet sounded before the door opened. I found myself facet to face with Yugi, who appeared to be so cheerful. How can he be that happy, when he knew that he was the next? Must be the sugar. It has to be the sugar, it can't be anything else.

"Hi!" Yugi chirped.

"Hello," I answered back while my yami scowled at the younger boy's antics. My sister appeared to be amused by his behavior.

"Let's get this done and over with," Ishtar growled while shoving past me and Yugi. What was his problem?

"Don't mind him," I advised Yugi. He shrugged in response.

"Bakura does it all the time," he said. "I'm used to it by now."

Yugi moved aside to allow us to enter into the shop. Quickly we headed upstairs so that we can pack our belongings. Joey and Mai stayed behind in the car, since they had nothing to do and they didn't want to get in our way. Besides, I think they wanted to spend time alone with each other, since we often stayed in groups of more than two.

Having only spent a night over, I had most of my belongings packed. My yami didn't use much. He was low maintenance, not that I'm complaining or anything. Ishtar didn't eat, has all of his clothes in his soul room, and I can't think of anything else. Isis was running around her area, making sure she had everything packed. Women, I'll never understand them. They have sooooo many things they need. It's always, `I can't live without that.' or `I absolutely need this.' Sheesh, their luggage weighs a ton!

"I'm ready," I spoke up. My yami retreated to his soul room when I had started packing. He said that he had better things to do than to watch me. Secretly, I knew he cared, but he didn't show it. Too bad, he wasn't like Yugi's yami. Even though he was with Tea at the time, he showed her affection in public. Why am I thinking of my yami like that? It couldn't be, could it?

"That's good," Yugi said with an extremely large suitcase. Where was Yami? I thought he would be helping his hikari with the luggage. Where was he? My question was answered when I saw Yami with an even larger suitcase following him downstairs.

"Need a hand?" I asked the both of them.

"Don't trouble yourself," Yugi said in an assuring manner before he tipped over. Watching him the entire time, I knew this was going to happen. Before he could blink, I had caught him and straightened him into a standing position.

"Are you alright?" Yami had dropped the piece he was carrying and rushed towards his aibou with surprising speed.

"I'm fine, thanks to Malik," Yugi assured his worried darker half.

Facing me, Yami expressed his gratitude. "Thank you, for catching him."

"It's no trouble," I smiled in response. "After all, Yugi healed me from a near death experience, which I don't care to repeat any time in the near future."

Yugi giggled at my comment while Yami managed a little smile. "We'll be leaving soon." Yami announced to me or should I say me and my yami, who was currently in his soul room bored to death. "Are you and your sister ready?"

"I'm ready, but my sister takes forever to pack," I sighed exasperated, using my arms to make my point. "She takes too much stuff."

"I know the feeling," Yami said sympathetically. "My ex-girlfriend used to take even longer to pack. And we were staying for one night!"

"What do they pack in there anyways?" I asked, while Yugi was trying to control his laughter.

"Maybe bricks?" Yugi innocently suggested. Soon all three of us were on the ground laughing. My yami still hadn't come out of the rod yet. Wonder what he's up to.

"Very funny guys," my sister retorted behind us. She had her belongings all packed up and ready to go in roughly half an hour. I had finished mine in half that time.

"We should be going," I hesitated. As much as I wanted to keep stay with them, we had to go and pick up the other's belongings. Anyways, we'll be meeting each other later that day.

"We'll see you later," Yugi chirped as he picked up his fallen suitcase. What does he have in there? Maybe the larger one has his and his yami's belongings while the other one has his grandfather's possessions.

As we departed the scene, I took a quick glance back to see Yami kissing Yugi very passionately. I turned attention back to where I was walking, since I didn't want to run into any poles like Yami did.

//You liked that, didn't you?// My yami teased me from inside his soul room.

/Oh, hush you!/ I practically screamed at him, only to receive laughter in response.

//You're embarrassed.// He continued with the torment.

/………… I don't know what you're talking about!/ I had to cut off our mental connection, because we were loading the car. I didn't want to drop my suitcase on my foot in front of them, especially Joey. He would tease me till no ends.

"What kept yah?" Joey asked when we had finally settled back down inside the car.

"Isis took forever to pack," I answered them truthfully. She, however, gave me a warning look before going back to her reading. When she had packed her belongings, she took with her an ancient Egyptian book. No, it wasn't he original. It was a carefully made copy.

Now, we were headed off to Joey's apartment. As we rode in the limo that Seto had provided us, I kept an eye out for Anzu. Who knows when she was going to attack? I wasn't going to take any more chances. Almost dying was painful the first time, and I would not care to repeat it a second time. Thank you, very much.

Suddenly, a light flashed and my yami appeared next to me, completely startling the happy couple across from us. My sister was too absorbed in her book to even notice. The driver had his eyes completely glued to the road. He didn't want anything to happen to us, since Seto had specifically ordered us not to be harmed. I think his job was also on the line. Then again, that was how Seto dealt with his problems.

A yawn escaped through his lip. He does look cute when he does that. HUH???? CUTE???? Okay, Malik no need to panic. You just thought of your yami as cute. Warning bells sounded throughout my body and mind. This was definitely not right, but Ryou kissed his yami. It seemed so right when they did. Yugi also kissed his yami, though I don't think he wanted anyone to see that. Maybe I shouldn't mention the kiss to them, or I'll have an angry yami on my case.

"What are you thinking about?" His face had gone from tired to amused in less than a second.

"Nothing important," I said quickly, my voice squeaked. Smart move, Malik. Why don't you just put up a billboard saying, I have a crush on you!

"Oh, is that so?" My yami said in a smooth voice, I never thought possible.

"It looks like Malik has a crush!" Joey smiled from where he sat, cuddling against Mai.

Joey, I would like to strangle that blonde haired boy now. Yes, I do have a crush, but he had to open his big fat mouth and tell everyone. "Joey!" I hissed between my teeth.

"Ehehehehe," the blonde boy started backing away from me, while dragging his girlfriend along with him. "No offense intended."

I must admit he wasn't the smartest of people at times, but he sure wasn't stupid. A little dense now and then, which takes him longer to understand things. Take for duel monsters for instance, Yugi told me about their adventures on the duelist kingdom. At least, Joey didn't lose to Bandit Keith. If I were in his position, I would have severely injured that jerk.

"You're beginning to rub off on him," Mai pointed out. She didn't mean it in a sarcastic manner.

Ishtar looked somewhat pleased of himself. "I've been teaching him."

"Yeah right!" I rolled my eyes.

Before we knew it, we had pulled up to Joey's apartment complex. Hey, it wasn't that shabby for what they were earning. Yugi informed me that they had been going through rough times, especially with his little sister's operation. She hasn't quite fully recovered from it, but she was a lot further now.

"I'll be a few minutes," Joey said while getting up from his position. Mai had decided to tag along, because she was bored. Plus, she didn't want to be stuck in here with an insane yami and his hikari, not that I would hold it against her. If I were in her position, I will be doing the same thing and getting far away as possible.

"So what do you want to do to pass the time?" I asked my yami as he kicked back in one of the chairs.

Ishtar shrugged and scanned the car for something to amuse him. This was beginning to scare me. Whenever he was in this kind of mood, it meant trouble, particularly towards me. I should be running for my about now.

"What are you planning?" I asked as I caught a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Nothing," he answered with a hint of teasing in his voice.

"Oh really?" I questioned my yami. "The last time you had that look, we were almost arrested."

"It isn't my fault that guy had no sense of humor," Ishtar said in his defense.

"Still you shouldn't have done that!" I protested as I turned my back to him. Bad move.

Before I could say anything, he pounced on me, pinning me to my seat. I looked over towards my sister, who smiled at me. Wait a minute! She knew something was up, but she didn't tell me. So that's what she has been keeping a secret from me. Other than the fact, I'm a hermaphrodite.

"What are you doing?" I asked my insane yami, who had me pinned. His face hovered uncomfortably close to mine.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" My yami whispered in my ear. His breath tickled my ear.

"Please get off of me?" I asked him very politely.

"Uh no," Ishtar bluntly said it.

At first I tried shoving him off, but he weighed more than I do and had more muscle. So that option was out of the question. Next, I attempted to slide out of his grasp, but he had a firm grip on me. Darn it!! I was running out of options! Maybe my yami was ticklish. I lifted up my hands only to have them pinned down.

"You've been a bad boy," Ishtar smirked as he shifted his weight on me.

"I have?" I asked, completely puzzled.

"Yes, you have and now you have to face the consequences," Ishtar grinned at me. Wait a second! My yami never grinned unless he had something up his sleeve.

"What are the consequences?" I asked my yami, who I wish was sane.

Leaning over, he pressed his lips against mine. My yami was kissing me??? I couldn't believe it!! Him, out of all people, was kissing me!! Not that I didn't mind, but this was my yami we're talking about. A second later, I responded to his kiss. Encouraged by my response, he deepened the kiss. Man! I never knew my yami was such a good kisser. Something pushed against my bottom lip. I soon realized my yami wanted me to open my mouth, which I did.

Ishtar didn't waste a second. His tongue entered my mouth, exploring it to the fullest. He took his sweet time feeling my mouth. This feeling, I couldn't describe it. Moaning, I grabbed onto my yami's shirt and held onto it tightly as this feeling of pleasure washed throughout my body. Suddenly, I felt something pushing me towards him and realized my yami was holding me closer to himself. He tastes exotic. Unfortunately, as a human, I required oxygen. Breaking apart from the kiss, I took deep breaths.

"Not bad for your first time," Ishtar smirked as I tried to even out my breathing.

Man, is it hot in here or what? I think I need to lie down for a second. Wait, I was already lying down. I tried to get out from this uncomfortable position, but my yami had other things in mind. He kept me pinned to the chair. What does he want? Without warning, he flopped onto the chair with me and pulled me up against him.

Mmmm. A strong firm chest to go along with strong arms. I can go for that. Not to mention, it felt warm and very comfy. Sighing, I snuggled up closer. I wish I could stay this way, but two loud voices could be heard throughout the block.

"Go away Dad!" Joey shouted. I instantly recognized his voice when I heard his accent.

"You're coming with me," a strange man shouted.

"NO!!!" Joey yelled back at him.

"You can't take him away from me!" Mai screeched.

"Who are you?" the man accused Mai.

"She's my girlfriend!!" Joey backed her up.

"More like a slut!" the man hollered. At this point, curiosity had gotten the better of me. I turned my head to get a better view of the fight. The strange man was close to the apartment entrance while Joey and Mai stood near the car door.

"Don't you even go there!!" Joey hollered at his father.

"We should do something," I whispered to my yami.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because it's the right thing to do," I sighed at his reluctance.

"So?"

"Fine, I'll deal with him," I started to get back up only to be pulled back down immediately. Blinking, I saw my yami stand up and get out of the car with his version of the millennium rod in his hand.

"And what are you going to do about it?!?" the man yelled at his son.

"Don't you mean, what am I going to do about it?" Ishtar smirked at the man.

"Stay outta this!" the man turned his attention to my yami.

"My hikari says otherwise," Ishtar retorted.

"Oh man, is my dad ever in trouble," Joey beamed at the thought.

"You can say that again," Mai agreed with her boyfriend.

"Shut up!" the man screamed in frustration. With that he lunged at Joey, only to have a blade slice his arm. He stumbled back clutching his left arm and glared at my yami.

"Next time I won't miss," Ishtar said very coldly.

"You're not worth it," the man spat out before stalking off in the other direction.

A few minutes later they piled into the car with Joey's belongings. The trip to Mai's was pretty uneventful. Basically, we arrived at her place, spent about an hour waiting, and then returned to Kaiba's mansion, where we found the others waiting.

"I have been thinking about today's incident," Yami started off as he paced back and forth. "Tea doesn't seem to be the type to use magic."

"But we don't know much about her," his hikari argued.

"True," I agreed with him. Heck, I didn't know much about myself until recently.

"If we only knew what she had bought," Mirai contemplated.

Of course! Why didn't I think of it in the first place? Surely, the Dark Magician would know something about it.

"She's the least of our worries," Ishtar spoke up. "We first have to deal with Anzu."

"I agree," Seto said. His face remained serious as ever. "She has a millennium item. As far as we know Tea does not."

"Sounds reasonable," Yami said, continuing to pace. "By the way, Mirai, what were you doing?"

His duel monster answered, "I was placing a magical barrier around this mansion, though I can only place it around the building itself."

"Good enough," Seto said, closing his eyes. "This week has been a nightmare."

"You said it, Big Brother!" Mokuba enthusiastically agreed with him.

"Would she be able to enter?" I asked the Dark Magician.

"Only if she used light based powers," Mirai answered.

"That's good," Ishtar finally sat down.

"So where does that leave us?" Yugi asked everyone.

"I don't know," Yami replied. "I don't know."

Wingzero: Finished!!!!!

Ray: ^-^

Wingzero: Anyways, I have some announcements to make. 1. I heard KidsWB is going to change Malik's name to Terrance. *shudders* This is a call to action!! Send in your complaints to KidsWB. Log onto their website http://www.kidswb.com .

Malik: Please, pwetty pwease? I like my name.

Wingzero: 2. The drawing contest is officially closed. Whoever sent me pictures can now choose what they want to be. I will send e-mails to you as soon as possible. 3. You can send birthday gifts to Yugi, via review. I think that's about it.

Ray: This is one short author's note.

Wingzero: --U Who cares.

Ray: Never mind.