Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Mysterious Package ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: The birthday scene has finally arrived.

Everyone: *cheers*

Wingzero: I know I said you can send presents; however after viewing them, I have to ask you to send reasonable gifts as I am including it in the fic.

DS: That means no large quantities of sugar or money.

Wingzero: Or weapons of mass destruction, though we want the little guy to use it on Tea and Anzu. *laughs evilly*

Yugi: What's wrong with her?

DS: She's counting the several ways to torture Tea and Anzu.

Yugi: Oh.

Wingzero: And now the moment you've been waiting for: the birthday scene!

********Seto's POV*******

As I walked down the hall towards the party area, I hung my head. I couldn't believe what I just saw. Yami and Yugi were kissing in my home. I wasn't talking a peck on the cheek. It was a full on, passionate kiss. I didn't even think Yugi could even perform it.

At first I had been in denial. When I first saw Yugi's softer side, I didn't think of him other than a friend. Then he came to my door, broken and hurt. His darker half had rejected him over a birth defect. I didn't think about liking him until I talked to him. He seemed vulnerable and helpless. I wanted to protect him from the pain and suffering.

Somehow Yami repaired their relationship. I was shocked how easily Yugi accepted him other half and returned the love. Obviously, Yugi must have been in love with his darker half, but he hadn't told him, for fear of losing his love. Yami, at that time, had been dating Tea. What he saw in her, I don't understand. Her friendship speeches bore me to death. Good thing he dumped her, because I don't think I could be around Yugi and his friends, without strangling her.

Dragging myself into the room, the others noticed my obvious depression. Ryou, being overly concerned, walked over to me and gave me a sympathetic look. His chocolate brown eyes watched my expressions.

"What do you want?" I asked him, not trying to sound cold.

"Are you okay?" He asked politely, his voice full of concern.

"I'm fine," I answered him, lying through my teeth.

"You obviously don't look `fine'," Malik spoke up from behind me. He held in his hands a piece of decoration. I thought he had signed up for security. "Joey needed some help." He answered before I could even ask the question. Gah! He must be a mind reader. Then again he holds the millennium rod.

"Please, we want to help you," Ryou persisted, only to hear Isis calling him back to the kitchen. They haven't finished with the food, when I left.

"You can't help me," I sighed, taking a deep breath. "No one can."

"Is it about Yugi?" Ryou asked, never taking his eyes off of me. Darn! He just had to be one of those introspective people and see through them. "I thought so."

"What about Yugi?" I asked in a calm voice. Surprisingly, I had remained calm enough to answer it. Let alone, having my voice not crack.

"You like him, don't you?" Ryou asked, ignoring Isis' calling. In response, Malik's eyes widened. He hadn't been here for the past few days so he wouldn't know what was going on. Also I think Ryou was more of an empath than Malik.

Glancing around for their yamis, I answered in a soft whisper, "So what if it is?"

"I should warn you…………….." Ryou hesitated saying the last part.

"That he is with Yami?" I finished off his sentence.

"How did you know?" Ryou raised his brow in curiosity.

"I kind of saw them kissing," I answered sheepishly.

"I'd never thought………" Malik's voice trailed off. "Yugi and his yami? Who would have ever thought?" Certainly, not me, that was for sure.

"You're not mad at Yami?" Ryou asked nervously.

"No, I'm not," I spoke softly. Who can blame the kid? He had been blind to my crush on him. If he would have known, maybe things could have gone differently. "If I am mad at anyone, then it is myself." I decided to be honest with the two hikaris.

"Why?" Malik asked, completely surprised and caught off guard.

"Because I saw the signs, just as you have with me," I indicated to the white haired hikari. "I denied it, saying it was a yami-hikari thing, but when I saw them kissed, I knew it was more than that. They were in love with each other."

"It isn't hard for him to fall in love with his darker half," Malik said, which surprised me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, completely and utterly confused.

"With Yami as his darker half, it isn't hard for someone like Yugi to fall in love with him," Malik explained, to which Ryou nodded. "Both of our abused us and tried to take over the world; yet, we still love them. It has taken time for my yami to admit he loved me. I'm guessing it was the same for Bakura."

Ryou nodded his head. "My yami had a hard time confessing his love to me. He stuttered over our mental connection. You know how he is normally."

"I know," I answered, still in shock. "So you're telling me the both of you love your yamis and they love you in return?" At least they had someone who returned their love.

"You could say it that way," Malik said.

"If you need someone to talk to, we're here for you," Ryou said, trying to comfort me. Malik nodded his head in agreement.

"Don't worry," I assured them. "Yami has already made that offer."

"He has?" Ryou ask, completely astounded.

"When I caught them kissing, he gave chase," I sighed at my flashback. "He finally caught up with me and we discussed our problems."

"You didn't physically discuss your problems?" Malik questioned me.

"No," I answered with the truth, which shone through my eyes.

"I should be getting back to the kitchen," Ryou hastily said after he heard Isis scream at his other half. It seems like Bakura was trying to help his hikari with the cooking. Unfortunately, Ryou's darker half didn't have the experience as his partner with modern appliances. "Before Isis decides to vent her wrath on my other half."

"Trust me, you don't want it to happen," Malik said shaking his head. Taking that as his cue, Ryou departed our company and joined the other chefs. "Perhaps, we should discuss security."

"Yeah," I answered, scanning the room.

"The band should be coming within an hour," Ishtar said approaching us with a clipboard in his hand. "The DJ said she will arrive within a few minutes, because she needs to set up the sound system and perform a check. The guests should be arriving in two hours."

"Have you talked to the head of security?" I asked him, to be sure he had ran this by.

"You're head of security quit, when he saw the dragon attacked on the surveillance cameras," Ishtar answered. "So you are short one employee."

"Just great," I muttered. I had to find someone to replace him. This wasn't my day. Then again, either Bakura or Ishtar could fill in until I found a permanent replacement. On second though, maybe it should be Ishtar. Even though he was insane, I felt I could trust him more than the white haired soul stealer. The reason eluded me, but I had this feeling.

"What do you plan on doing?" Malik questioned me.

Turning to Ishtar, I couldn't believe I was going to ask him this. "Would you mind filling in as a temporary head of security until I find a permanent one?"

Ishtar raised his brow. He looked surprised, when I had asked him this question. "Why would you want me?"

"Because I don't think I could ask Yami, and I certainly don't trust Bakura," I explained the reason behind my choice.

"You do have a point," Malik said agreeing with my logic.

"I accept your offer," Ishtar agreed to my proposal.

"Anyways, you're already doing it," Malik teased his darker half.

"Very funny," Ishtar rolled his eyes at the comment. Glancing over he noticed, two young ladies bringing expensive speakers. "I do believe they're here."

Without a further word, I turned my attention to the girls and headed over there. They looked sort of related in a way. In fact the small one, she had silvery white hair that went down to her shoulder blades and icy blue eyes with a hint of silver. The taller one had shiny black hair that went down to her shoulder blades and bright red eyes.

"I assume you are the DJ's," I asked the two of them.

"Yes we are," the small one replied. The other one glared at me. "Don't mind her. She's just angry at our last employer."

"Oh really," I said, raising my brow.

"Yeah," she answered. "My name is Wingzero, but you can call me Wing. This is DS." She motioned towards her taller companion. "She's not much of a talker."

"I can tell," I said. She kind of reminds me of the yamis in a way.

"Where do we set up?" Wing asked me politely

"This way," I said motioning for her to follow me. Leading the way, I showed her to an area near the stage. I pointed out to her, where she could place her equipment and plug them in.

Glancing around the room, I saw everyone had pretty much finished. The chefs have finished cooking the food and the cake. Joey and Mai did a good job on decorating the room, which was more I than I expected from the mutt. I wondered how the birthday boy was doing.

*********Yugi's POV********

(Hours later. Say early evening or late afternoon.)

"Yami, why aren't we going to see the others?" I asked my darker half.

"Because I'm keeping you all to myself," Yami replied, pulling me closer to him.

"Yami!!" I protested, trying to get out of his lap. Unfortunately for me, he had a very strong grip around my waist. Therefore, I couldn't get out of his lap. "Fine. Where is Mirai?"

"He's guarding the area," Yami answered. Peering over his shoulder, he glanced at the clock, before lifting me off and standing up. Suddenly, his expression grew grim. Something was up.

"Where are you going?" I questioned his actions. Placing my hands on my hips, I patiently waited for him to answer.

"Mirai has reported a mysterious package in the mansion," my darker half answered my question. "I'm going to check it out."

"I'm going too," I said, following him, when all of a sudden he stopped me.

"I don't want to endanger you," he said with a firm voice.

"If it is dangerous, I will run out of there," I reasoned. "Besides, I have the two of you, and I think I have the hang of my powers."

"So far you don't have any offensive attacks," Yami sighed.

"Mirai has taught me a few tricks," I replied while crossing my arms.

"You haven't had any time to practice," my other half said, his voice full of concern.

"I have practiced while you were in the meeting," I still argued against him.

His ruby eyes met mine. "Okay, but when I say run, you run. Got that?"

"Yes," I replied as I scurried after him.

Within a few minutes we had reached the area. Mirai stood there guarding the package. He looked like he was on the verge of attacking the parcel if it posed a threat to his masters.

"It looks harmless," I said from behind my yami.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," Mirai quoted that famous saying.

"I can't sense any energy from it: light or dark based," Yami said while inspecting the package from a safe distance.

"That's a good sign, isn't it?" I asked my yami and duel monster. Deciding it would be better if I had stayed put.

"On a certain level," Yami said, still being cautious of it. "We'll have to ask Seto for a metal detector. Who knows, this could be a bomb." Upon hearing himself say it, he paled a few shades white. "Yugi, you should go back to our room."

"Why?" I questioned my darker half.

"Please, just do it," he answered in a stern, unwavering voice.

Hearing my yami's firm resolution, I decided not to press the issue and head back to our room. I would have never thought it to be a bomb. Who would do such a thing? On the other hand, it could be Anzu. She will try almost anything to ruin this day.

How horrible it would be if she learned how to use modern day technology? The sky was the limit for her. I silently prayed that she didn't have a clue about modern warfare or we will have a much harder time defending against her.

Half an hour, my darker half arrived minus the package. "No explosives."

"That's a relief," I let out a breath of relief. "For a second there, I thought Anzu learned how to use our modern science."

"That would be a disaster," my yami agreed with me.

"I know," I sighed while flopping on the bed. "Magic and technology at her finger tips. It doesn't sound right."

"You can say that again," Yami said. The bed tilted in a different direction. My darker half had taken a seat next to me and now was rubbing my back in a soothing way.

"What do we do about her?" I murmured.

"We'll deal with her tomorrow," he answered, still continuing to rub my back.

"We may not see tomorrow," I said with a hint of anger in my voice.

"Then we'll just have to do something about it," Yami said, trying to ease away my fears. "I won't allow anything to happen to you. Mark my words."

"You promise?" I asked turning my body around to face him.

"I promise," my darker half said in a very serious tone. It was the one he used when he was dueling an unworthy duelist. "Nothing will harm you so long as I breathe."

"Yami, I don't know what I'd do without you," I sighed contently at his touch.

"I don't how I can live without you," my yami said, utterly surprising me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. Searching into those ruby red depths of his eyes, I saw he wasn't joking around. He meant every word he said and with a passion.

"I mean I don't know if I can live without you," Yami explained his statement. "You are my light. Without light, there is only darkness. You bring me joy, happiness, peace, and love. When I am brooding, your gentle touch and warmth brings me out of it. When I am angry, you bring peace and tranquility to my world. When I am depressed, you bring laughter and joy. In many ways, you taught me to become a better person. I am not the cold person, I used to be. You changed my life more than you realize."

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes as I heard my other half being truly open. "Oh Yami, I never knew you felt this way." Before he could even respond, I launched myself at him, knocking him onto the bed, with me on top of him.

Ruffling my hair, my yami sighed at my antics. He gently lifted me into a position so that he could sit up. Then he moved me onto his lap and held me closely to him. "I'm never letting go of you," he whispered in my ear.

"What about our dinner plans?" I questioned my yami.

"What dinner plans?" he asked me.

"You know the ones we have every year to celebrate my birthday," I reminded him.

"Which reminds me, Seto has agreed to host your dinner," Yami informed me.

"Why would he want to do that after all he's done for us?" I wondered out loud.

"I think it's his present to you," Yami said nervously.

"Oh," I said, accepting his strange reason for this.

"Come on, he asked me to have you come at six and it's a couple minutes till," Yami said, once again glancing at the clock.

"Sure," I said, getting off his lap and patiently waiting for him.

Together we walked all the way down the hall. Questions started to pop in my head. Why had Seto not told me about it? Not to mention my grandpa? That also brought to my mind, Yami. Why hadn't he informed me about it? We said we wouldn't be keeping any more secrets, unless they planned a special dinner for me and didn't want to ruin the surprise.

//You seem to be deep in thought.//

/I was wondering why no one told me./

//Because it Seto wanted it to be a surprise.//

/Then why did you tell me?/ There was something in his voice that told me he was up to something.

//I know you too well.// I decided to leave it at that. He knew I wouldn't stop asking until he answered my questions. So that was why he had asked me to dress up. I had decided to wear the outfit I had bought at the mall, since I thought it would be just close friends and family.

/Where are the others?/ I scanned the area as we walked past the other guest rooms. They wouldn't be that quiet, can they? I haven't heard Joey fooling around with Mai or any of the yamis busy with their hikaris.

"They're already at the table," Yami answered with a small smile. He must be trying to hide something. I wondered what it was.

Once we had reached the doors, I heard nothing. I didn't hear Joey getting into fights, because he wanted to eat the food or even Tristan from trying to prevent Joey from eating the food. Also I didn't hear any of the "older brothers" being overprotective.

"This is strange," I whispered as my other half opened the door and swung it open to face a dark and empty looking room. I had expected my friends and grandpa to be waiting for me around the table at least.

Suddenly the lights flooded the room along with several people yelling "Happy birthday!" while popping out from their various places. I nearly had a heart attack and backed up into my darker half, breathing erratically. My amethyst eyes stared into his ruby red eyes, searching for answers.

"What's going on?" I squeaked. Did I just do that?

"It's your surprise birthday," my darker half said, leading me into the room.

No way. He couldn't have done this for me. Looked like everyone pitched, but why would they do such a thing. Then realization dawned on me. It was my sixteenth birthday. You know how everyone said it was suppose to be a special birthday. With everything going on, I thought they wouldn't have the energy or time.

"You should have," I said, though extremely grateful. "I mean with the Anzu incident in all."

"You're our friend," Ryou said softly. "You've done so much for us."

"What he said," Joey backed up Ryou. "You've stuck with us even though yah didn't have to. You've always been there when we needed you the most. I guess what I'm trying to say….."

"What he's trying to say is that think of this as our way of thanking you," Mai said interrupting her boyfriend, who playfully glared at her.

Surrounding my friends and family were several people. Most of them I recognized, then I realized I was in my dress and blushed furiously. Surprisingly, they were very understanding. I hope none of my friends told them about my little condition.

Two drumsticks pounded against each other in a rhythmic way. A voice can be heard over the microphone as the band started playing a song. They were singing happy birthday to me. One of the most famous bands in Japan was singing happy birthday to me! I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. Somebody pinch me.

The lead singer started announcing the others as if that was necessary. "On drums is Y.M." He motioned towards a young man sitting on a chair, twirling his drumsticks. "Over there on lead guitar is Mystery. How she received that name is a mystery to me." She rolled her eyes at the lead singer. "On keyboards is Quatre." A blonde Arabian waved politely with a smile. "Beside me is Duo on base." Duo plucked a few strings. "Back up guitar is done by Trowa." A brown haired teen glanced up at the audience. "Down there is Heero and Wufei on the synthesizers." Motioning to himself, he introduced himself. "I am Zeal Strife, but everyone calls me Z or ZS."

"You're such a spot light hog," Mystery teased their lead singer.

"As I recall this is a band," Y.M. said from the back.

We laughed at their antics. The Forbidden Ones started out as a garage band until fate intervened. A record company was looking for talented musicians, in particular a band. They didn't want to assemble a band, because they tended to break up. This band, however, had been through several trials and tragedies that they have grown close to each other. They considered the band to be a family rather than friends.

"This one is for the birthday boy," Z announced cheerfully over the microphone.

Y.M. started banging his drum sticks as the others tapped their foot in rhythm to the beat. They soon began playing another song. With their melodic voices, Mystery, Duo, and Quatre sang back up. The other party goers started getting into the music. Their song wasn't the ordinary happy birthday that everyone sings. They had changed some of the lyrics and melody.

"We would like to wish Yugi a very happy sixteenth birthday," Mystery said smiling the entire time. "And many more to come."

After they had finished singing, the others wanted to me start opening presents. I wanted to begin with the strange package, since it had passed all the security checks. Hoping that it wasn't a trap, I started unwrapping to find …………………

A voo doo doll that looked exactly like me, but its clothes were torn and tattered. Fake blood dripped everywhere and onto my hands as I held it up for the others to see. I had to be careful holding it, since it had sharp wooden stakes sticking through it. Yami caught me when my knees gave way.

"This is one strange gig we landed," Duo sighed. He shifted his weight around uncomfortably.

"It's even stranger than Dorothy," Quatre shuddered at the thought of the war freak.

"You said it," Mystery also shuddered, in which Y.M. comforted her.

"The evil eye brow freak of nature," Y.M. coughed.

"I couldn't have phrased better myself," Duo said.

"I can't believe someone actually sent yah that!" Joey said finally finding his voice.

"Whoever did that should be ashamed of themselves," Isis said as if scolding the person.

"Even I wouldn't stoop that low," Ishtar said scowling at the lifeless doll in my hand.

"When I get my hands on that person!!!" My yami was trembling with rage. Through our connection, I felt his anger explode. "Nothing on heaven and earth will save him from me."

"Who said it has to be a he," Mai questioned Yami. She glanced over at him with a look. My darker half either ignored her comment or didn't hear it at all.

"This doesn't make any sense," Bakura muttered while pacing.

"What doesn't?" His hikari asked, but received no answer.

"I also would like to know," Malik said interested in their conversation.

"More importantly, how did he or she get it onto the premises?" Seto mused while also pacing back and forth along with Bakura.

"Good point," Grandpa finally agreed with him.

"Mirai said no one with a dark energy could enter," I recalled while dropping the doll into its package and wiping my hands on one of the nearby napkins.

"It isn't her style," Bakura mused.

"Would you care to fill the rest of us in?" Yami eyed the former tomb robber.

"Two words, my sister," Bakura spat out when he had stopped pacing.

"She couldn't have broken the spell?" Malik asked, now wide eyed.

"She didn't," my darker half answered. "Mirai hasn't felt anything."

"Then who could it be?" Tristan said, trying to follow our conversations.

"If yah ask me this is one big mess," Joey said exasperated.

"What if it wasn't Anzu but her hikari?" I thought out loud.

"That spell wouldn't keep her from entering," Ryou gasped as his eyes too widened.

"That's it, we're doubling security," Ishtar announced, confusing the rest of us.

"He's now my head of security," Seto said, causing almost every one of us to fall over. "Would any of you have accepted?"

"We'll get back to you on that one," Tristan said nervously.

"I would have," Yami said.

"I didn't want to burden you," Seto hastily replied.

"Oh," Yami shrugged it off, but he was still angry at the person who sent me this.

"Only if the job pays well," Bakura answered.

"I don't trust you," Seto narrowed his eyes at the former thief.

Bakura looked wounded for a second before looking really pissed. "So we definitely know her hikari and my sister are working together."

As we looked inside the box, we all wondered. `Who was Anzu's hikari?'

Wingzero: Another chapter done. Take that you evil rant guy!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I shall make more updates to further piss you off.

Ray: Has she gotten into the sugar again?

Kai: You were with her the entire day.

Ray: Ehehehehehe.

Wingzero: Anyways, I'm sure you want the second clue to Seto's lover.

Reviewers: YES!!

Wingzero: He's not from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Joey: It's not me?

Wingzero: You're taken.

Joey: I knew that!!!

Wingzero: -.- Sure you do.

Seto: So who is going to be my lover?

Wingzero: The first reviewer who correctly guesses will get a prize.

DS: And what prize do you intend to give out?

Wingzero: They get to choose my next fic.

DS: When you ACTUALLY finish one.

Wingzero: --UUU I'll be ending one of `em soon. So that lucky reviewer gets to decide which series, the couple, and what kind of fic it is going to be, but it has to be series I know.

Every anime character in those series: *massive sweatdrops*