Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Party II ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: The contest is over.

DS: Someone guessed it?

Wingzero: ^^ Yup!!!

DS: Okay………………

Out of nowhere, I felt something being shot at me. I couldn't tell what it was, but I could feel the pain from the impact as it sent me flying backwards. Who did it? I couldn't see through this darkness. My first instinct was to check for any blood. Raising my hand to the painful spot, I discovered a dart. I shouldn't move it, just in case. I'll have to ask Seto or Yami about it.

Suddenly the lights flickered on, causing everyone to be temporarily blinded. We blinked a few times and I heard a few startled gasps as everyone started murmuring about something. I opened my eyes to find my darker half staring at me very concerned. He reached over to me and pulled the dart.

Yami pulled the top of my dress back to reveal my broken locket. "At least it did not pierce your skin," he said in a whisper. Cautiously, he tried to sniff out what the substance was.

"What is it?" Bakura asked. Why would he want to know?

"I can't tell," Yami said, hanging his head in shame. "I've never encountered this before, even in my past life. I would have remembered it."

"I might know," Bakura said, holding out his hand as if expecting the dart to be handed over to him.

Yami hesitated for a second before handing it over. Back then, there wasn't a common knowledge of poisons. Sure, there were a few, but many of them didn't have antidotes or names. They just killed people.

Ishtar held up the dart and sniffed the end of the needle, being careful not to stab himself. "This smells familiar. I can't put my finger on it. Wait a second, it's some sort of poison. I don't think it's lethal."

When we had turned around, we found the white haired tomb robber gone. Where did he go? Oh, he was going after whoever shot that dart at me. That person most likely will still be around. "He's most likely going after the suspect."

"He's finally using that anger of his for a good purpose," Yami said a little mockingly.

"Be nice," I playfully punched my darker half.

Yami tried to pull one over me with his cute looks. Hey, I was the master of cuteness. Before Yami could react, I pulled out my own. He surrendered when I outdid him in the cuteness department. "There are some things I can never win."

"You not win?" Malik teased my other half.

"Shut up!" Yami growled at the Egyptian blonde, who laughed in response.

"We should be focusing on the task at hand," Seto interrupted our little fight.

"On second thought," Ishtar said after Seto's interference. "It does smell like a powerful poison, but I can't remember the name of it."

"Is it really bad?" Joey asked, mostly out of curiosity.

"It depends on the poison itself," Yami answered for Ishtar. "A weak one would cause minor stomach aches, while another one will take a life within minutes of taking it."

"I see," Tristan understood. "So you're saying you don't know the severity of it, because you don't know what poison she used?"

"Yes," Ishtar said, trying to remember what it was. "I can't concentrate with all of you looking at me like that!"

"Sorry," all of us chorused as we chatted amongst our little groups.

I stared at my darker half wide eyed with only one thought. I could have died. If it weren't for my locket, I would have surely............... I didn't want to dwell on it. Maybe it was a sign of my mother protecting me against this person.

//Aibou, are you okay?//

/Just a little shaken up and a small bruise./ I held up the damaged locket.

"Wow, that was one shot," Wing whistled. She inspected my locket.

"Good thing you were wearing that," Ryou said, pointing to my necklace.

"Tell me about it," I sighed as I fingered my necklace. "How are the guests?"

"They're hanging in," Malik said, while his yami tried to figure out what kind of poison it was.

"Maybe you should open your presents to get your mind off of it," Wing suggested, handing over the present she and her sister brought me.

"We should be focusing on this," Seto reminded us.

"Mirai and Bakura are on it," Joey said. "They can handle it."

"Oh really?" Seto said with a hint of sarcasm. "As if I recalled, Ishtar didn't stand a chance against Anzu."

"That's right," Yami said; his face grew very serious. "I'll join Bakura. Ishtar, find out what that is and protect them."

Ishtar solemnly nodded his head, acknowledging the request.

"I don't see why not," I shrugged. Truth was, I wanted something to distract me from my near death experience.

"That's a good idea," Joey sat down with Mai, who looked a little pale.

Tristan held onto Serenity as her older brother's attention was elsewhere. "After that, I think we could all use a little distraction."

"You said it," Isis said, gracefully taking a chair and sitting in it. "I've never been so stressed and relieved all at once."

"I know what you mean," Seto said.

As Ishtar tried to figure out what kind of poison it was, we started with opening presents. I lifted the present Wing and DS gave me. It was rather light for its size. I wondered what it could be. Once I unwrapped it, I found a silver box with a string tying down the lid. I knew I could count on something good from Wing. She always knew what to get me for my birthdays. I pulled out of the box a plushie of myself dressed up as a Dark Magician and Yami dressed as the Celtic Guardian.

"We made them ourselves," Wing beamed while her sister rolled her eyes.

"Thank you," I thanked the both of them. Moving along, I opened the next present. It was from Joey and Mai, which was a small box. I wondered what it could be. Opening the small box, it revealed a bottle of perfume and one of my favorites. So Joey wasn't purchasing perfume for his mom at the store. I thanked him.

"I hope you like that scent," Joey said, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Don't worry, it's one of my favorites," I assured the male blonde.

"That's a relief," Joey said, letting out a breath of relief.

"See, I told you," Mai teased her boyfriend, who playfully glared at her.

My next gift was from Ryou and his yami. When I had read the latter, I nearly fell over, because I hadn't been expecting something from Bakura. Hopefully, it wasn't any illegal weapon or something like that, because knowing him, he would most likely purchase it for me. On second thought, Ryou won't allow him to buy such a dangerous gift. I seriously doubt that Bakura would go against Ryou's will, I think. Hesitating a moment, I picked up the container to reveal………………. a few compact discs, one of which was The Forbidden One's latest cd.

"I told you he would like it," Ryou turned to his yami.

"We should have gone with the dagger," Bakura argued.

"Why would Yugi want a dagger?" Ryou tried to reason.

"You're right," Bakura said, looking like he has given up on the argument. His hikari sighed with relief until he opened his mouth again. "A sword is better."

Ryou suddenly fell out of his chair twitching as everyone stared at him. DS even had shown a sign of amusement in her eyes, which was very unusual. Normally, nothing phased her, even my `present' from early in the party. Bakura laughed at his aibou, which was another unusual event, since he hardly smiled.

Moving along, I came across the gift from Malik and his yami. Since they were in Egypt, I didn't think they would buy me a present. When I had read their names, I was completely surprised. Lifting it, I found it to be slightly heavy and wrapped in an odd fashion. I ripped through the paper to uncover two scrolls.

"They're replicas of the real ones," Malik explained to as why they looked brand new.

"We could have given him the real things," Ishtar said, folding his arms across his chest.

"That would be stealing," Malik chided his darker half.

"So?"

Malik looked like he was going to rip his hair out, but he remained calm and breathed deeply. Take a deep breath and relax. Just try not to think of your annoying half, who's sitting right by you. I guessed it could work for both of them, seeing as their yami's had strange ideas for presents. At least their hikaris were there to monitor their activities. Hopefully, my yami didn't buy me anything dangerous.

Up next was Tristan and Serenity. I wondered what they could have gotten me. The couple both looked anxiously towards me as I picked up their present and placed it before me. When I had moved it, I heard some rattling sounds. I prayed that it wasn't a snake of some sorts, but I knew they wouldn't buy me one, unless it was fake. Opening it revealed a box full of DDM dice. I've been meaning to buy myself some, and it even came with two black die.

"Thank you," I thanked the couple.

"And you were worried he wouldn't like them," Serenity teased her boyfriend.

"I wasn't sure he was into them," Tristan nervously shrugged.

"You watched him play," Serenity said referring to the time I faced Devlin in a match.

"True," Tristan said.

I wished there was a Dark Magician in here. The last time I played, the Dark Magician saved my behind. I knew I can win games without him, but it wouldn't be the same. It was like I have grown attached to him. As I turned to face my yami, I found him missing. Where could he have wandered off to?

"Has anyone seen where my yami went?" I asked the others.

"He said something about getting your present," Ishtar said casually.

"Oh," I said, before picking up a rather heavy present or at least attempting to. Malik, being the closest to me, helped me lift up the gift and set it in front of me.

Sure enough, it was from Seto Kaiba and his little brother, who was enjoying the food. I reached out and picked up the envelope. Pulling out the card, five duel monster cards fell out. I gasped as I recognized the two that had landed face up. It couldn't be, or was I just seeing things?

"Seto, is this what I think it is?" I gasped as I held all five cards.

"Yes," Seto replied. "I know about the incident on the boat."

"That was a long time ago and you only discover it know?" Joey said with humor.

"Shut up, mutt," Seto growled at him.

"Could we not argue?" I interrupted their little argument.

"Sorry," they both apologized hastily.

Unwrapping the larger part of the present, I found the latest in Kaiba Corp technology. It was a duel system that allowed you to duel anyone around the world as long as they had internet connections. Wow, this wasn't supposed to come out until September. I can't believe he was giving this to me early, not that I can duel anyone, but I can definitely say that I was the first person to own one.

"Isn't that supposed to come out next month?" Mai inquired as he looked at it.

"In September," Seto replied.

"Yami would love to get his hands on it," Tristan commented as he inspected the box, containing the new dueling system.

"It's not for him," Seto scowled at the thought of Yami getting his hands on the present that he gave me.

"Okay," everyone said simultaneously.

"You know they duel at the same time," Ryou mentioned to the billionaire.

Seto grunted in reply. Before anyone could respond, we heard the door open and close behind us. Upon hearing the noise, I turned around quickly to find my love standing in front of the door with a very unusual package in his arms. It looked square or rectangular. I couldn't tell from this far away. Yami moved closer to reveal that it was a cube shaped item he was holding, but he had placed an old towel over it. What kind of person uses a towel for wrapping paper unless……….. It couldn't be, because Yami said we had no room for it.

"Yami, what do you have there?" I asked my darker half innocently.

Yami placed down his package before pulling off the towel, revealing the same bird I wished I had. It was the little blue budgie, whom happily chirped when he saw me. I smiled and opened the cage door to stick my hand in. The little bird chirped happily when I started to rub his head.

"I thought we didn't have enough room."

"We'll make room," Yami said with a voice that meant he wasn't going to take no for an answer. After petting my new bird, I launched myself at my other half and gave him a big hug to thank him for the bird.

A couple of lights flashed as we embraced. Glancing over my shoulder, I discovered a few people with cameras in their hands, in particular Wing. I knew she was up to something when she played those songs. After breaking our embrace, Yami moved my new bird's cage over.

Out of curiosity, I asked my yami, "What happened to TC?"

"He's been sold a few days ago," Yami answered.

"Oh."

Picking up another oddly wrapped gift, I found it to be squeaking underneath the paper. I wondered what it could be. Then I read the tag and found it was from Mokuba. Quickly, I tore off the paper to reveal a rubber ducky. Raising a brow, I glanced over to the younger Kaiba brother. He gave a victory sign, before digging into the food. It was a gag gift.

Moving onto my next present, I found out it was from one of my former classmates, Kitty. I wondered what she could have gotten me. Tearing into the present, I pulled out a teddy bear, a bag of pixie sticks, and a $100 gift certificate to one of my favorite stores. I never knew she knew where I liked shopping. Hugging the bear, I sighed. It reminded me of the one I used to have before some bully ripped it up. I placed down before anyone could say anything about it.

"That looks familiar," Yami said, noticing the bear.

"I used to have one when I was little," I sighed again.

"Why don't I see you with it?" Yami questioned.

"Because some bully ripped it up when I brought it to school," I replied.

Joey and Tristan became very angry. Ryou shook his head. Malik seemed to be neutral along with our yamis. Seto narrowed his eyes. The girls looked furious at my former bully. I should be going onto my next gift.

It was from Violette. Let's see what she bought me. My eyes widened at the large package and nearly fell out of my seat. Joey and Tristan had to work together in order to bring one of the items over. I had the other item in my hands and tore through the wrapping paper to find a cute kitty. It was snow white and had a tag on it. Now if I had a matching black one, then it would represent Yami and me. The second one took longer to open and required the help of my yami.

"That is one big present," Joey whistled.

"You can say that again," his little sister watched.

"Bigger doesn't always mean better," Ryou said.

"You're upset because you're not tall," his yami teased him, in which Ryou stuck out his tongue at his yami.

"I resent that too," I also pouted. Everyone knew I was shorter than them.

"Sorry bout that," Bakura apologized hastily.

Opening my next present before the others can argue, I discovered a CD player from Sugomi. Now, I can play the cd's that Ryou and his yami gave me. To tell you the truth, Yami sent the one I had to the Shadow Realm, thinking it was possess. I later found out and he was greatly embarrassed by it. He promised me he will retrieve it. The next day, he appeared with my CD player in several pieces. Apparently, it had landed where a major duel was taking place. Note to self: the Shadow Realm makes a very bad place to store my belongings, unless I want them to be demolished.

"Now I can play my CD's," I smiled as I turned over the package.

"What about your old CD player?" Joey asked.

"It was broken," I said, glancing at my darker half, who tried to look innocent.

"How?" Malik asked, thinking that I couldn't have broken it.

"Yami sent it to the Shadow Realm," I said.

The others collectively responded with an `Oh.'

I pulled out a card from Sakura. As I opened the envelope and took out the card, two crisp bills slid out. How thoughtful of her. I was running low on my funding. We all weren't as rich as some people.

"How original," Seto commented as he saw the gift.

"Unlike some people, we can't afford expensive gifts," Joey said in defense of the giver.

"It's the thought that counts," Ryou spoke up.

"You're right," Malik agreed with his fellow hikari.

"To true," Isis said. Shadi still hadn't shown up at the party.

Ryou gave me a duel monster booster pack. No, this was another Ryou, not Ryou Bakura. I was surprised to find many people with the name Ryou, but not Yugi. I wondered why so many boys were named Ryou and very few named Yugi. Oh well, that can wait another day. I have more pressing matters to worry about.

"Did you know that there are several people with the name Ryou?" Ryou observed, in which he received silence.

Xellos gave me a $100 gift certificate to one of my favorite stores. I wondered how they could have known where I liked to shop, but they were my former classmates. I thought they may have run into me a few times or at least seen me at those stores. Last but not least Kero gave me a $30 gift certificate to Blockbuster. Oh, I can't wait to rent some of the latest Dvds, especially the new releases.

Digging through my pile of presents, I stumbled across two similar looking presents with different colors. I took the one wrapped in green wrapping paper with a blue bow on it. It was from Tory while the other one was from Chibi. After carefully removing the ribbon and opening the box, I pulled out three different t-shirts, all of which fit me. The black one had a picture of the Dark Magician. I'll have to wear it when he was around. The green one had a picture of the Celtic guardian while the sky blue held the Mystical Elf. The gift wrapped black with a red bow on it contained a spell book.

"Please don't tell me that's a spell book?" Yami groaned at the thought of me learning how to use my magic.

"Yes, it is, and be nice," I chided him as I continued to open the rest of my presents.

"What's wrong with it?" Isis asked my darker half.

"Can you honestly see Yugi using magic?" Yami asked, in which I glared at him.

"That would be cool," Ryou said. Malik agreed with that.

"Better he learn how to control his power," Ishtar shrugged.

"True," Yami said after thinking for a minute.

This one was smaller than the others. It was a small box, which was awfully light. I thought over the several possibilities it could be until Bakura told to hurry up and open it. Not wanting to anger him, I picked up the box and saw who it was from, Sammy. I wondered what she was doing over the summer. Taking off the lid I found give packs of `Pharaoh's Servant.' I glanced over at Yami and wondered what was going through his mind as he read the package label with a smirk.

"Aren't those the new edition?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, they just recently came out," Seto spoke without making fun of Joey, which wasn't that often.

"I wonder how she got a hold of them so quickly," Mai mused. "I've been trying to get a few packs myself for a week."

"Maybe she has connections?" I shrugged.

"With Pegasus?" Ryou blanched at the thought.

"Nah," the rest of us chorused.

Moving along, I lifted a rather heavy object from my pile. Since Sol couldn't make it to the party, he had mailed his gift to me. It could be a thick book, since it was rectangular in shape and wasn't light. I pulled off the wrapping paper to find it was in fact a book and right beside it was an unusual object. I can't tell what it was.

"Just great another spell book," Yami sighed.

I poked his chest. "You don't want me to have any fun."

Before I could say anything he pounced on me, pinning me down. "Oh really."

"Yes and the others are watching," I informed him.

"I don't care," Yami replied.

"But I want to finish opening my presents," I cutely pouted, which Yami immediately got off of me. It worked every time.

I picked up a card from my grandpa. In it I read that he was going to extend our house and the game shop. Yes, we have more room to put my new bird and we won't be cramped in there. It was about time we expanded our place. Maybe Yami could have his own room. It would stink to have to sleep in his soul room every single night.

Wingzero: Ending it here.

DS: Why here?

Wingzero: Cause I want to work on my other fics.

DS: Oh.

Wingzero: And on the lighter note, Nagareboshi has won the contest. Seto's lover is Ray/Rei from Beyblade. Congratulations and tell me what you want the fic to be about. Please note, I would rather write on series I feel comfortable writing. Check my bio for the list.

DS: -.-

Wingzero: Sorry if I forgot any of your presents. Just send a review and I'll put it at the beginning of the next chapter.