Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Eight Anime Kingdoms ❯ Spell casting and a sad past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Yay! I got the whole week off from school! Here is the next chapter of The eight anime kingdoms. Oh, and Rekkas I will stop saying the fic is bad, so don't threaten me. I do not own anything except for Aya, Rokuro, and other characters who are going to be in this soon. On with the story!

Spell casting and a sad past

---*---

The past three months of learning spells was not easy. Zelgadis Greywords, Lina's general, has been teaching them Shamanism magic. Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun, Lina's second general, taught them everything about white magic and a few justice speeches. Lina Inverse taught them black magic and summoning spells, while King Gourry taught them sword fighting.

Aya walked into Lina's dining room, where Lina Inverse was busy eating her lunch.

"Your Highness?" Aya greeted.

"Yes?" Lina continued eating not bothering to look at Aya.

"I was wondering if you could...teach me the Dragon Slave?" asked Aya nervously.

Lina spitted out her food, "WHAT? Teach you the Dragon Slave?!"

"Please? It would really be useful if we ever encounter any servants of Yorunotobari," Aya flashed Lina her cutest smile. "Besides, Zelgadis taught us how to cast a Ra Tilt."

"But the Dragon Slave is a powerful and destructive spell. But for a rookie you already mastered some magical arts in a short amount of time. I don't know." said Lina.

"I'll cook you another dinner." offered Aya.

Lina twitched, "What are we waiting for? Let's go teach you the Dragon Slave!"

---*---

Lina led the young heroine into a large empty room. Lina chanted a spell and the room suddenly changed into a gigantic landscape.

"Where are we?" asked Aya.

"Since the Dragon Slave is so powerful, I don't want to have part of my kingdom blown up. This room has a magical shield that will keep the Dragon Slave from blowing up my castle. It's a great training ground for practicing powerful spells." explained the Queen.

---*---

Meanwhile in another training ground...

Rokuro and a strange looking man with rock hard skin, and blue hair, were standing across from each other. The strange looking man is actually Zelgadis, Lina's general. Both of them were breathing heavily and had cold sweat on their forehead.

"Alright Rokuro-san you are doing great!" A woman with short black hair, who happened to be Amelia, cheered Rokuro on from aside

"Try to stay focus!" instructed a blond haired man, who happened to be Gourry.

Zelgadis got into a fighting position once again. "Okay, Rokuro this is a part of your test. Your shield spells and deflecting spells are not working properly. Someone is casting an Icicle Lance at you, your feet are stuck to the ground by a spell, and you can't use any fire spells. You better think quick or you will be killed,"

Zelgadis formed a large spear-like icicle in his hand. "Icicle Lance!" He launched it at Rokuro.

"Astral Vine!" Rokuro 's staff started to glow red. He twirled it between his fingers at incredible speed. The icicle shredded to pieces when it impacted with the spinning object.

"Quite impressive, Rokuro, your abilities have improved a lot." said Zelgadis.

"Well, you were the one who taught me when I was little." Rokuro stated.

"By the way I heard Lina is teaching your friend the Dragon Slave. It is very rare for Lina to teach someone a spell like that." said the Chimera.

"Well, she can be very persuasive." replied Rokuro.

"You know for the past three months you've gotten quite fond of her." said Zelgadis.

"We're all starting to think you like her!" Gourry grinned.

"A-As a f-f-friend, but n-not in that way!" Rokuro 's face turned bright red.

"Ah, young love between two fighters of justice. How romantic..." sighed Amelia.

"WE ARE NOT IN LOVE!" Rokuro yelled so loud that almost everyone in the castle heard him.

---*---

Aya suddenly sneezed. "Hm, someone is thinking of me. Wonder who it is?"

The training ground looked like it's been hit by meteors. Large smoking craters were almost everywhere, because of Aya attempting to do a Dragon Slave.

"Okay, Aya we will try this again. Concentrate and try to remember the chant for the Dragon Slave." instructed Lina.

'Darkness beyond twilight, crimson from blood that flows; buried in the flow of time; in thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness! Those who oppose us shall be destroyed by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!'

A large red beam formed in Aya hands. She fired at an unknown target, causing a giant explosion. Lina used a spell to protect her from the destructive spell. When the smoke cleared an enormous crater was encrusted in the earth from the Dragon Slave.

"Ah, that was perfect! I never knew anyone can learn the Dragon Slave in one day!" cheered Lina.

Aya suddenly fell to her knees. "Wow, that spell really took a lot out of me."

"You should go and rest for a while. Eating and sleeping will help regenerate you." Lina said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, thanks a lot Lina-san." Aya gave her the thumbs up.

"No problem, and remember to make that famous dinner of yours." Lina grinned.

---*---

After a good rest, Aya decided to practice her Chinese straight sword form that she learned when she was training with her father. Rokuro walked by the training ground where Aya was practicing. He was impressed with her moves, it reminded him of the days when he and Tamahome used to train.

"Hey, Aya!" called Rokuro.

"Yeah?" Aya stopped what she was doing.

"I'm going to get something to eat, want to go with me?" asked Rokuro.

"Sure!" she replied.

---*---

Aya and Rokuro were quietly eating their food, for awhile the two didn't say anything, until Rokuro spoke up.

"Hey, Aya what is it like in your world?" asked Rokuro.

"Well, it's a lot different than your world. We don't look like you do and we don't learn magic spells, don't have any dark lords, it's a pretty normal place," explained Aya.

Aya then remembered her home and her family must be wondering where she is. "All this talk about my world sure made me home sick. It's been three months since I've been here and my family must be worried about me.

"Not exactly, you see in this world our time works differently than yours. According to Chiriko, another Suzaku Seishi, he said that our time moves faster than your world. So maybe your family doesn't know about your disappearance." explained Rokuro.

"So that means I have all the time in the world to stop Yorunotobari?" asked Aya.

"Of course." replied Rokuro.

"Hey, Rokuro I was wondering...don't you have a family?" asked Aya. She knew it was impolite, but she was curious.

"My family died a long time ago." replied Rokuro.

"Oh, Rokuro it was rude of me to ask you that. I should have never brought it up" Aya apologized.

"It's all right I got over the death of my family. After my family's death, I met Master Tamahome, and everything changed."

---*---

Flashback to Rokuro's childhood...

'I was only six years old, and I lived a great life with my parents, and my older brother.'

We see a younger six-year-old Rokuro playing around with his family.

'But when they were all struck with a rare disease, things weren't the same.'

The little Rokuro is now crying over three graves, each one had flowers placed on the tombstone.

'I don't know how I survived, no matter how much I wanted to die, I didn't. That was when I met him...'

"Mommy, daddy, big brother, why did you have to leave me all alone?" cried the little Rokuro.

Suddenly, a handkerchief was held out in front of his face. "Here."

"Huh?" Rokuro looked up to see his master, Tamahome, standing before him.

"Would you like to come live with me?" Tamahome asked kindly.

'Master Tamahome then trained me how to fight. The other Suzaku Seishis taught me everything they know. I guess you could say they became my second family.'

---*---

Back to the present...

"You must really miss them. You should have stayed with them instead of being stuck with me." said Aya.

"Don't be silly, I'm glad I can travel with you. You need a guide to help you around the place and you can't fight Yorunotobari by yourself," Rokuro smiled at her. "What about your family?"

"My past is somewhat sad, but it's not as sad as yours. When I was a baby, my mother died when she gave birth to me and they said my father died in an accident, so I was raised in the orphanage most of my life. When I was eight a couple adopted me and my adopted father taught me martial arts." said Aya.

"You must miss them a lot, don't you?" Rokuro asked.

Aya smiled sadly, "Yeah, I do.

---*---

Somewhere from the look out point, a guard was ringing a large bell. Zelgadis heard this and realized that it was a warning bell.

"We're under attack!" yelled Zelgadis.

Icicles were raining down on the castle. Everyone went to a safer place, while Lina and the others went to see what was going on.

"Lina-san, look up there!" Amelia pointed at a ball of ice in the air.

"That is where the icicles are coming from." gasped Lina.

Suddenly a huge icicle was falling towards Aya, Rokuro, Lina, and the other's direction.

"Look out!" Everyone quickly jumped out of the way.

"We have to destroy that ball of ice before it harms any more people!" cried Zelgadis. He put up a defense spell to prevent the icicles from raining down on them.

"Leave that to me. FIREBALL!" Aya launched a fireball at the ball of ice, it was shattered into pieces, and the icicles stopped raining.

"Is everyone all right?" Aya asked and everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"Not bad, priestess Kaguya." A woman, wearing a skimpy leather dress, appeared before them. She was floating in mid-air and her long cape billowed against the wind.

"Who are you?" demanded Lina.

"I am Isabelle, one of Yorunotobari's servants. You have the map to the Devil sword, yes? Give it to me and I will spare your lives." Isabelle demanded dangerously.

"No way!" Lina started to cast a spell.

"Flare arrow!" She threw several flare arrows at Isabelle, but before the spell could reach her it disappeared in a dark void.

"What happened?!" cried Lina.

"Fools, I put up a special shield. Every time you try to throw a spell at me the shield will only absorb it." cackled Isabelle.

"Can the shield absorb this? Darkness beyond-" Aya quickly interrupted Lina.

"No! If you use the Dragon Slave, you will risk blowing up half of your kingdom!" warned Aya.

"She is right we can not take that risk." Zelgadis said through clenched teeth.

"Hahahahaha! You are all pathetic! I don't know how Shinji was defeated by weaklings like you!" Isabelle laughed cruelly.

'We have to find a way to stop her, but how? If we use any spells the shield will only absorb them and I doubt physical attacks will work either. What do we do?' thought Aya.

To be continued...

Hello! It's me, Lina Inverse the beautiful sorceress. On the next episode, we were able to defeat Isabelle, but I won't tell you how. Later on, Aya and Rokuro are traveling in a large forest and Aya lost her sword! A strange man said he would give Aya her sword back if she can guess his name, if she can't figure it out, Rokuro loses his life! However, who is this hunky archer? Next chapter, 'The Mysterious Archer'. Only on, 'The Eight Anime Kingdoms'. ^_^V