Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Eight Anime Kingdoms ❯ Showdown with an imposter! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Hi I know this story isn't that great, but I'll try to make a better chapter, okay? Please know that some of the old chapter will be replace with new chapters. On with the fic!

Showdown with an imposter

---*---

After being shot at with a flare arrow spell, Aya was lucky to be alive. To Aya's eyes, Yorunotobari did not looked like someone who would hesitate to kill. However, his eyes had a cold look, but they didn't look nearly as menacing as some powerful dark lord.

"You must be the girl from the prophecy." The dark lord looked at Aya with cold eyes.

"Stay behind me, Aya. This man is very powerful and he wants you dead." Rokuro got up, and stood into a fighting position.

" Rokuro, what do you think you're doing?" Aya yelled at him.

"If you die Aya this world is done for and I may not be powerful, but I'll protect you even if you're not the girl from the prophecy." said Rokuro.

"But Rokuro, you don't stand a chance against him, no da!" Chichiri warned.

"I know that, but Chichiri you must protect Aya." said Rokuro

Rokuro charged at Yorunotobari. He used his staff to attack the dark lord, but Yorunotobari shimmered out of sight. Rokuro turned around to see Yorunotobari in front of Chichiri and Aya.

'He must have teleported.' thought Rokuro.

"Get out of my way if you wish to live." The dark lord loomed over the blue haired monk and the reincarnated priestess.

"Never, no da!" Chichiri stood protectively in front of Aya.

"Then you leave me no choice." Yorunotobari formed a dark energy ball in his palm and blasted it at Chichiri. Chichiri put up an energy barrier around Aya and himself, but the dark lord's powers were so strong that Chichiri was having trouble trying to keep the barrier up.

"Leave them be!" Rokuro concentrated and summoned a stream of fire shaped like an arrow.

"Flare arrow!" He fired a flare arrow at Yorunotobari, but it missed him and only grazed his cheek.

Aya looked at Rokuro in amazement, 'He knows how to cast spells?!'

"Very impressive for a student of a Suzaku Seishi." Yorunotobari commented, fingering the cut on his cheek.

Aya notice something about the dark lord's face, 'Wait a minute, there's no blood on his face.'

"You boy must die," Yorunotobari formed another dark energy ball and was about to launch it at Rokuro. Yorunotobari felt a giant blast hit his back, so he turned around to see Chichiri. Chichiri fired a chi blast at Yorunotobari to distract him from Rokuro. The dark lord waved his hand and a dark strong wind appeared. The force of the wind was so strong, Chichiri hurled to the wall, knocking him unconscious.

A piece of skin fell off Yorunotobari's face, which Aya realized was not skin at all.

" Rokuro, look at Yorunotobari's face! That's really a mask he's wearing!" Aya pointed out.

"A mask?" Rokuro took a glance at Yorunotobari and noticed a pale color and some of his skin hanging loosely from his face.

"So you have seen through my disguised," 'The dark lord' took of his mask to reveal the face of a younger man with short blue hair and green eyes.

"Who are you and why were disguised as Yorunotobari?" demanded Rokuro.

"I am Shinji. I was created to serve only my master and I've come to take the magic sword and kill the reincarnated priestess." explained the dark servant with a less menacing tone.

"The reason why I disguised myself as my master so you could see the enemy that you were about to face, but you will not be alive to fight him." Shinji conjured up five fire arrows and blasted them at Aya. Aya yelped in fright and quickly did some back flips to avoid Shinji's attack. Shinji then took out his sword from his sheath and slashed at Aya, but she was quick enough to dodge them.

"Do something Aya. Fight him off!" encouraged Rokuro.

Aya would have fallen over anime style, if she wasn't being slashed at with a sword, "Shouldn't you be helping me out?!"

'The sword! I have to distract this guy so Aya can get the sword.' thought Rokuro. Rokuro started to cast another spell.

"Oh, source of all power, light which burns beyond crimson, let thy power gather in my hand. FIREBALL!" Rokuro blasted a fireball at Shinji. Unfortunately, Shinji turned around and swat it away like a fly.

"Hm, I think I will kill you first than the girl," said Shinji. "If you think I'm strong you haven't seen the power of my master. Too bad you will not be alive to see him. This world and the real world belong to Yorunotobari!

"I don't think so! ELMEKIA LANCE!" Rokuro fired a stream of light at Shinji. The dark servant conjured up a shield in front of him and the spell reflected back at Rokuro. Since the spell deals no physical damage, the spell only knocked Rokuro over and his weapon fell out of his hands.

"Say goodbye." The dark servant formed another energy ball.

"Oh no you don't!" Aya charged at Shinji and was about to deliver a punch at him. Shinji backhanded her as if she was nothing. Aya stumbled back, she grabbed onto something to pull herself up and noticed she was holding the magic sword's handle.

"Time to end this!" Shinji fired the energy ball at Rokuro.

" Rokuro!" Aya pulled the Sword of the Four Gods out of the stone. She leapt in front Rokuro and raised the sword in front of her to block the attack. The impact with sword caused the energy ball to cancel out.

"Wh-Wh-What? Th-That's not possible!" cried Shinji. Aya opened her eyes to find she did not have a scratch on her and Rokuro was safe too.

"See, I knew you were the one, Aya!" cheered Rokuro.

'I...I actually did it.' Aya gazed at the sword in her hand in awe

"No! How could you pull out the sword? It's not possible!" cried Shinji. In rage, he started to cast another spell.

"You will pay for this.... LAGUNA BLAST!" The dark servant fired the dark blast at the two fighters, but Aya deflected it with her sword.

"Take this!" Aya thrust the sword into Shinji's chest. His eyes were wide open with shock. Blood spurted out of his mouth.

Shinji touched his wound and stared at red blood that stained his hand, "Ugh...congratulations. You...*cough*...had your first...kill."

Aya's face paled, 'I...just killed someone?'

'This can't be. How can a mere mortal girl defeat someone as powerful as me? Is she really the chosen one?' thought Shinji as he slowly faded away into nothing.

Aya fell on her knees, still shocked after what she just did. Rokuro looked at her with concern.

"Aya, are you all right?" Rokuro asked worryingly.

"I'm fine, but go check on Chichiri he's the one who needs more help than I do." said Aya. Rokuro nodded his head and rushed to Chichiri's aid.

Rokuro slowly lifted Chichiri's head and found that his smiling mask that covered his scar had fallen off. The blue haired monk stirred and opened his eyes.

"What happened?" asked Chichiri.

"It's a long story Chichiri-san. The good news is that we got the sword." The young student smiled at Chichiri. He helped Chichiri stand up. Chichiri smiled when he saw Aya holding the sword.

'She really is the chosen one,' Chichiri thought happily.

---*---

"So this is the Sword of the Four Gods?" said Hotohori as he examined the sword and handed it back to Aya. Everyone was in the throne room, except for Rokuro, who was training with Tamahome.

"What is Yorunotobari planning anyway?" asked Aya.

"Not only is Yorunotobari after the `The Sword of the Four Gods', but also 'The Black Devil Sword. The Devil Sword is an evil sword created by The Lord of Nightmares or L-sama for short. L-sama created that sword fusing the chaos in this world to make it stronger. The reason why Yorunotobari wants it is that the sword can allow a person to cross dimensions. If he gets a hold of that sword, our world and your world is in grave danger." explained Hotohori.

"My world?" gasped Aya. She could not allow that to happen. All her friends and family being servants to that monster would be too hard to bear!

"But please know Aya, that this sword will not be strong enough to destroy the evil sword." said Hotohori.

"What do I do then?" Aya asked.

"You must go to the kingdom of queen Lina Inverse. She holds the secrets of the sword of the four gods"

---*---

Meanwhile, in the shrine of Suzaku...

Tamahome and Rokuro are inside a large shrine. Inside the shrine was a statue of a golden phoenix. This phoenix is the god Suzaku, which Hotohori mentioned earlier. Rokuro is kneeling down on the floor with Tamahome kneeling in front of him. Tamahome turned to the large statue of Suzaku, lit up some incense in a small pot, put his hands together and prayed to the phoenix.

" Rokuro." Tamahome turned to his young student.

"Yes, master?" replied Rokuro.

"I want you to go with Aya." ordered the Suzaku seishi.

"Go with Aya?" questioned Rokuro.

"We need her to save Queen Serenity and to stop Yorunotobari. It's dangerous out there, she will need the protection and a guide when she starts her journey. She is leaving to Lina Inverse's domain to learn the secrets of `The Sword of the Four Gods'. You better start packing your things and go with her." Tamahome explained.

"Yes, master." Rokuro bowed respectfully to his teacher, grabbed his staff, got up, and left.

---*---

After a good meal and rest, Aya and Rokuro started to pack up the supplies they needed on to the horses the palace provided them. Hotohori, Miaka, Tamahome, Chichiri, and four other of the Suzaku Seishis came to greet their departing student. The other seishis were Nuriko, Tasuki, Mitsukake, and Chiriko. Nuriko was a feminine-looking man with purple hair, Tasuki was a man with fiery red hair, and peeking from his mouth was a small fang. Mitsukake was a very tall man with short black hair, and a bandanna wrapped around his head, and Chiriko is the young man with pinkish brown hair done up in a high ponytail.

"I can't believe that you're leaving, Rokuro," sniffled Nuriko. Nuriko traps Rokuro in a bone-crushing bear hug, "I'm gonna miss you so much!"

" Ack... Nuriko-san...I can't breathe." Rokuro wheezed.

"Ah, quit snifflin'! I know the kids leavin' and all, but you don't need to go and crush him to death!" snapped Tasuki.

Chiriko laughed, "Don't be so harsh Tasuki. You're crying also, because Rokuro is leaving.

"Shut up! I ain't cryin'!" Tasuki eyes start to water. "Nope, not me. *sniff* Bandits don't cry."

"Rokuro, remember to always study hard." said Chiriko.

"Do not forget your training in healing." reminded Mitsukake.

"And come back to the palace safely, no da." said Chichiri.

"Take care of yourself, because we don't want anything to happen to you." Miaka said gently.

"Don't worry everyone, I'll come back." Even though Rokuro smiled, his eyes still showed sadness.

While they were saying they're goodbyes, Aya looked at Rokuro in sympathy.

'They must really care about him.'

---*---

Later on...

It's been an hour since Aya and Rokuro left. During most of the time they didn't say anything, just rode their horses in silence.

Aya finally spoke, "Um, Rokuro? You didn't have to come with me."

"Huh? No, it's okay," Rokuro smiled, "I guess I miss them too much. They were like family to me, you know."

"I'm sorry, you should have stayed with them instead of traveling with me."

"Nah, I like to travel with you, Aya. Anyway, I've been cooped up in the palace for a long time. I needed a break sooner or later."

The reincarnated priestess still did not believe him, 'No matter what he says and no matter how much he smiles, he still misses his home. I wonder how my family is doing.'

---*---

They arrived at Lina Inverse's castle. Rokuro showed the guard the phoenix badge to let enter the castle. Queen Lina was a young red headed woman wearing strange medieval clothing. She sat on her throne staring boringly at the two young fighters.

'I can't believe I'm meeting Lina Inverse! Okay Aya, don't be nervous.' Aya said to herself.

"G-Good day, your majesty," Aya greeted nervously. "I-I'm A-Aya Higurashi and this is Son Rokuro."

'Oh, real confident Aya." Aya mentally kicked herself.

"I know that, why are you here?" asked Lina.

"Well, we heard you were a very powerful sorceress and we would like to learn spells from you. I also will be very grateful if you tell us about the whereabouts of the Devil Sword, your extreme greatness." Aya requested politely.

Lina smiled, "You got charm that's for sure. I am the most powerful and most beautiful sorceress ever, but what will you give me in return?"

'I was afraid she say that.' sighed Aya. "What do you want then?"

Lina looked at Aya for a second and saw the sword strapped to Aya's back. Lina'a eyes started to sparkle. "Is that the Sword of The Four Gods?!"

"Um...yes." said Aya.

"Can I have it?" said Lina trying to take the sword.

"No way! The other reason why we came here is because you have the secrets about the sword's power!" yelled Aya as she held it out of the Queen's reach.

"Please let me have it!" Lina begged.

"Forget it!" said Aya.

"I'll teach you magic!"

"I still won't give it to you!"

"Please!"

"No!"

"Please!"

"No!"
"PLEASE!"

"NO!"

"PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!"

"NO! NO! NO!"

"HEY!"

Lina and Aya looked at Rokuro, who had an annoyed look on his face and rubbing his temples.

"Your Highness, I'm sure there is something else we can give you, besides the sword." Rokuro said calmly.

"Hmmm..... How about money?" said Lina.

"You already have a lot of money, plus we need it more," said Aya. She thought for a while. What did Lina Inverse like in the TV show? Food of course.

"How about this? I'll make you a dinner fit for a lovely queen like yourself." Aya offered.

"Food?! It's a deal then, but if it tastes bad you can forget about those magic lessons." said Lina.

"It's a deal then." said Aya as she shook Lina's hand.

"Aya, can you really make a meal that good?" asked Rokuro.

"Of course! My mother trained me to be a gourmet chef, and I have an A+ in Cooking class," said Aya. "Queen Lina where is your kitchen?"

---*---

Aya was lead to a giant kitchen. She started working on the double. Aya made her meals without any help and she moved around the kitchen so fast it looked like there were five of her! Everyone was standing outside the kitchen watching her in amazement.

"Wow, she's good." said Lina in awe.

"Phew!" Aya wiped off the sweat on her brow. "It'll be ready in an hour."

After an hour, Aya was already done. The dinner she made looked absolutely delicious, fit for a queen.

"Wow, this looks great!" said Lina in amazement.

"Go ahead and dig in." smiled Aya.

Lina already started eating before Aya could say 'dig in'.

"So your Highness, how about those magic lessons?" asked Aya.

"This food is so good," Lina said between mouthfuls. "How could I say no?"

"All right! We got the lessons!" Aya started to jump up and down with joy.

---*---

Somewhere in a dark castle, a dark figure was watching them in a crystal ball.

"So the girl has the sword, no worries I will retrieve the sword and kill that girl," said the dark figure. The figure appeared out of the shadows to reveal it was the real Yorunotobari.

"Isabelle!" he called for his other servant. A woman appeared, her short hair was a light blond, she had blue eyes, wore a skimpy leather dress, and black cape.

"You called for me, my lord?" said Isabelle.

"Yes, go to Lina Inverse's kingdom. Retrieve the sword, get rid of that girl, find the secrets of the Sword of the Four Gods and the map to the devil sword." demanded the dark lord.

"As you wish, my lord. I will not fail like Shinji did." she bowed deeply to her master and disappeared.

"Soon the anime kingdoms, and the real world will be mine, and no one not even that little girl can stop me." Yorunotobari chuckled evilly as he watched Aya and Rokuro in his crystal ball.

Rokuro here! Well, three months have passed and Aya's got some new tricks up her sleeve. Aya convinces Lina to teach her the destructive spell the 'Dragon Slave'. Later on me and Aya talk to each other for a while, but was interrupted by one of Yorunotobari's servant, Isabelle. Next episode 'Spell casting and a sad past.' Only on 'The Eight Anime Kingdoms'. Later days! ^_^V