Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Eight Anime Kingdoms ❯ The mysterious archer ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Hello, all my readers. I just came back from my church retreat and it has been a while since I updated this thing. I do not own anything, so do not sue me. Sorry if my grammar sucks, I am not use to typing this way. Please enjoy the story!

The Mysterious Archer

---*---

Our hero is seen facing off with another one of Yorunotobari's servants, Isabelle. Where we last left off, Aya and the others can't use their spells against this new foe, because of a dark shield placed around her.

"Source of all souls, which dwell in eternal infinite. Everlasting flame of blue, let the power hidden in my soul be called forth from the infinite...RA TILT!" A blue-white light shot out of Zelgadis's hand, it came toward Isabelle, but the shield absorbed it.

"Not even the strongest Shamanism spell can break through it?!" Zelgadis yelled in shock.

"I believe it is my turn now." Isabelle chanted a spell.

"Forces of darkness, I call upon you to grant me the power of the unholy wind...BLACK WAVE!" With a flick of her wrist, a strong dark wind harshly blew at our heroes.

"I never heard of this spell!" yelled Aya as she tried to keep her footing. The dark wind felt like a massive hurricane throwing them back. Everyone tried to remain their footing and covered their eyes from the dirt that was blowing at them.

"Remember what I told you Aya! Sorcerers can make their own original spells!" Lina yelled through the loud blowing of the harsh wind.

"Everyone, I don't think I can hold on any longer!" Amelia, being the smallest of the group, lost her ground, hurled right into a nearby wall, and lost consciousness.

"Amelia!" cried Zelgadis. He angrily faced Isabelle and fired a spell at her. "Elemekia Lance!"

"No, it's no use!" cried Aya.

"Dark shield reflect!" At Isabelle's command, the shield caused the spell to reflect back at Zelgadis. He took a direct hit and staggered to the ground, not moving.

"Zelgadis-san!" cried Rokuro.

"Don't worry that spell does not do any physical damage, he will be fine in a couple of minutes." said Lina.

The dark wind then disappears, "Lucky for you the 'Black Wave' is only temporary, but the shield is permanent unless you defeat me." said Isabelle.

"Gourry, maybe with the Sword of Light you might break through that shield." Lina ordered.

"It's worth a shot," A light blade shot out of Gourry's empty sword handle. "LIGHT COME FORTH!"

Gourry charged at Isabelle and brought the sword down on the shield, but the impact with the shield and sword caused a great force. The shockwave from the impact, caused Gourry to pass out from the pain, but the shield remained. The only ones left standing were Lina, Aya, and Rokuro.

"Not even Gourry's sword can break through it!" yelled Rokuro. He glanced at Aya and one look at her sword gave him an idea.

"Aya, maybe your sword will do the trick!"

"Do not even try it. Just slashing it with your sword will do you no good. You will end up just like King Gourry. If his Sword of Light can not work, what makes you think the Sword of the Four Gods can?" questioned Isabelle.

"You're right just slashing at that shield won't work, so how about I bring out the sword's true power." Aya smirked at the dark servant.

Isabelle raised an elegant eyebrow at her. "True power?"

'I know it's not complete, but it's worth a try.' thought Aya.

---*---

Flashback to two months ago...

"Hmmm...Where is it?" Lina searched through the shelves of her library for the secrets of the sword of the four gods.

Lina found the book and cheered triumphantly, "AH-HA! Here it is Aya, the secrets of the Sword of the Four Gods." Lina handed Aya the book.

"Wow, I waited a long time for this," Aya took the booklet and flipped through it and noticed half the book was gone. "Huh? Your majesty half of the book is missing."

"I decided to leave half of the other book to Queen Sakura, because I thought it would be safe with her." explained Lina." But don't worry the incomplete version is powerful, but not really as powerful as the complete version. It will be strong enough to take down a couple of demons and some of Yorunotobari's servants."

"Well, that is good to hear," Aya started reading.

'The Sword of the Four Gods is also known as the Silver Ark. The four gods Suzaku, Seiryuu, Byakko, and Genbu combined their powers to create the Silver Ark. The sword once belonged to the priestess Kaguya, but after her death, the sword was sent to the kingdom of the Suzaku Seishi's, the warriors of the god Suzaku, it was imbedded in a stone, and only Kaguya's reincarnation can pull it out.'

"Huh, it's King Arthur all over again." Aya continued reading.

'The sword had a special power that will wipe out about twenty demons. To activate the sword's power the holder must concentrate with all of their heart and say this chant.'

---*---

Back to the present...

'Here goes nothing.' Aya closed her eyes, she raised the sword high above her head, and a white aura surrounded her. She moved the sword with her arm in a circular position, creating a large white ring of light.

"Th-That's the sword's true power?" stammered Rokuro. Aya started chanting.

~

I call on the powers of the Four Gods

Oh, great gods here my call.

Suzaku, Seiryuu, Byakko, and Genbu.

Draw your powers into this sword

~

Aya aimed the white ring and shot it at Isabelle.

"Huh, that still will not break through the shield!" scoffed Isabelle.

The white ring surrounded the dark servant, the ring started to crack through the dark shield.

"It's working!" exclaimed Lina.

"Wh-What is this?!" cried Isabelle. She tried to teleport out of the area, but to her surprise nothing happened.

"Sorry Isabelle, but the ring keeps you from using your powers. It's all over," smirked Lina.

"With the power of this sword, I vanquish you! Demon be gone!" exclaimed Aya (A/N Sorry, the chant is a little corny.).

The ring glowed even brighter; white light consumed the dark servant. She screamed in great agony as the power tore her body apart and she started to fade away into dust.

"Phew! I did it." Aya sighed in relief.

Zelgadis regained consciousness, "Ugh, what happened?"

Gourry also woke up and groaned, "Ouch...Did we win?"

"ALL RIGHT!" Lina gave Aya a noogie. "Yay Aya! I knew you had it in you! And it's all thanks to my teachings!"

Aya chuckled, "Yeah, thanks."

---*---

Back in the castle...

"Here is the map to the Devil sword, Aya." Lina handed her a piece of a pamphlet with a drawing of a landscape on it.

"Thank you, but this is only a piece of it. Where is the rest?" the heroine asked.

"Years ago a wizard thought it would be too dangerous for anyone to find the Devil Sword, so he separated the map into twelve pieces and scattered them in the wind. Some of the other kingdoms might have them. Maybe some other people have a few pieces, but I'm not sure who." Lina explained.

"Be careful, for other people will try to get these pieces and gain the power of the evil sword." warned Zelgadis.

"Well, this is going to be a long adventure. Wait, we still need the complete version of the Silver Ark in order to defeat Yorunotobari." reminded Aya.

"Go to Sakura's kingdom, but to get there you must past the Emerald Forest, and you might be going to some other kingdoms along the way," instructed Lina.

"May the arms of justice protect you both!" said Amelia.

"Good luck on your journey." said Gourry

"Thanks everyone, just remember to always cheer for us when we fight Yorunotobari!" Aya said happily.

Aya and Rokuro got on their horses and rode off. Lina and the others waved goodbye to the two young fighters.

'Good luck, Aya. I hope you can help us and free Queen Serenity.' Lina continued to wave goodbye until they were out of sight.

---*---

In Emerald Forest...

"I say we go that way!" yelled Aya.

"No, we go this way!" Rokuro yelled back. Aya and Rokuro were having an argument about which path they should take. Aya wanted the right path, but Rokuro wanted the left path. They kept arguing for what seemed like ten minutes.

"We take the right path!"

"No, the left!"

"The right!"

"The left!"

"The right!"

"The left!"

"THE RIGHT!"

"Alright then, how about you take the right and I'll take the left."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Humph!" They turned away from each other in disgust, hoped on their horses, and each took a different path.

"That Rokuro can be such a jerk sometimes!" growled Aya as she rode down the right path.

"I swear that Aya can be a real brat sometimes!" growled Rokuro as he rode down the left path.

"MEN THESE DAYS!"

"WOMEN THESE DAYS!"

They say this at the exact same time.

"I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM!"

The fuming pupil of Tamahome kept riding until he decided to take a rest under a large emerald tree.

"I'll just wait here until Aya comes back and apologizes." Rokuro sat under a tree and doze off.

---*---

Rokuro's dream...

Rokuro is dreaming of his teacher, Tamahome. He remembered what Tamahome told him, before he left to travel with Aya.

"Remember Rokuro, you must watch over Aya no matter what, understood?" said Tamahome.

"I understand." replied Rokuro

Rokuro and Aya were sitting on the ground near a campfire and both of them had their backs up against a tree. Rokuro was polishing his staff while Aya was also sitting on the ground across from him and had a blanket wrapped around her.

"Rokuro, when this is all over and I go home. Will you still remember me?" asked Aya.

Rokuro paused what he was doing. He looked at her and smiled. "Yes, I could never forget you."

He went back to polishing his staff. He looked at Aya again only to find she was no longer there.

"Aya! Aya! Where did you go? Please come back! Don't leave me, Aya!" cried Rokuro.

---*---

"AH!" Rokuro suddenly woke up. "Man, what a nightmare. Some bodyguard I am, I totally let my master down. I have to find Aya and apologize, who knows what trouble she gotten herself into."

Rokuro heard a loud female scream from somewhere in the forest.

"That sounded like Aya!" He got on his horse and quickly rode off to where the scream was coming from.

---*---

Soldiers wearing black cloaks over their heads to cover themselves surrounded the heroine, they wore silver armor, all of them carried weapons, and rode on black horses.

"Stay back!" yelled Aya.

'Okay, what do I do? I can't use any fire spells or I will have the whole forest set afire.' thought Aya.

"Let's try this.... Balus Rod!" A whip of white light appeared in her hand. She whipped it at one of the dark soldiers, but he was not hurt.

"What the-?" Aya gasped when she saw her attack inflicted no damage.

"Aya!" Rokuro came to her aid. He leapt off his horse and stood in front of her.

"Am I happy to see you!" cheered Aya.

"Listen to me, these guys work for Yorunotobari. They're demons with no soul and can't feel pain or fear. That armor they're wearing protects them from spells too." explained Rokuro.

"Man, that Yorunotobari knows how to defend himself. What do we do?"

"Use your sword!"

"Oh, I almost forgot about it." Aya laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head. Rokuro face faulted.

Aya reached for her sword that was strapped to her back, only to find it no longer their. "Huh? My sword? Where my sword go?!"

"Don't tell me you lost the sword!"

"I swear it was strapped to my back a minute ago."

"Oh, this is just great."

"Shut up! I suppose you know a way out of this? "

"Unfortunately...no."

Just when the two lost all hope, a stream of white light rocketed from the sky, and embedded in the earth. The light then shined even brighter, causing the dark soldiers to turn away from it.

"What is that? An arrow?" questioned Aya.

Rokuro grabbed her arm, "Come on! We can escape while they're still blinded."

---*---

The two heroes were somewhere far away from the dark soldiers. They tried to catch their breath, because they had to run fast to escape.

"*pant* I think *pant* we lost them." panted Aya.

"I *pant* hope so," panted Rokuro.

Rokuro turned to Aya and gave her a serious look. "Aya, I want you to promise me something."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Promise me you won't leave me like that."

"Wh-What?"

"Promise you won't leave me." Rokuro held her left hand and stared at her deep blue eyes. Aya could not believe it, but was Rokuro a little tense about something?

"O-Okay I promise." Aya replied.

"Good," Rokuro let go of her hand. "Now, let's go find your sword." They started to walk around the forest searching for it.

'No boy as ever looked at me that way. For a second I thought he was about to kiss me. Nah, he would never do that.' Aya remembered the way he stared at her. Her face turned a bright red.

Rokuro glanced at her for a second. Aya saw him look at her and quickly turned away.

"Are you all right?" He stopped walking.

"I-I'm perfectly fine!" She said still blushing.

"Do you have a fever?" Rokuro lightly touched her forehead. Aya felt like she was melting.

"Okay that's it! Why are you acting so nice to me? We had one little fight and suddenly you're all soft around me. Rokuro, do you like me or something?" Now it was Rokuro 's turn to blush.

"No! I only like you as a friend." Aya did not believe him.

"Admit it you like me." She said grinning.

"I do not!"

"Yes you do!"

"Okay, when I first met you I thought you were pretty cute. There, are you happy now?"

"Really?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Well, if it makes you happy. I thought you were kind of cute too."

"*blink* Really?"

"Yup!" Aya patted the shocked Rokuro on the shoulder and walks right past him.

"She thinks I'm cute?" He shook his head and went after her. Somewhere in a tree, a man, holding Aya's sword, was watching them from above.

"Those teenagers are the chosen ones?" The man asked himself.

---*---

"Argh, we've been searching in this forest for almost an hour. Where is that stupid sword?" Aya said through clenched teeth

"We have to keep searching even if it takes forever." said Rokuro, exhausted from all the walking.

"Excuse me?" said a voice behind them.

Aya and Rokuro turned around to face a man in his early twenties. His voice was deep yet rich, he wore a calm expression over his handsome face, he had dark brown hair tied in a low pony tail, his amber eyes looked serious, and had broad shoulders. He wore a indigo Chinese shirt with matching pants, a cloak over his left shoulder, black boots, and sling over his shoulder was a bow and a quiver of arrows.

Aya notice his arrows, and remembered the little incident from earlier. "Arrows? Wait, you're the one who shot that stream of light, and helped us escape."

"That is correct," replied the man. "I also believe that this sword belongs to you."

"Yes, that is my sword! Thank you so much for finding it." Aya tried to take her sword, but the man pulled back.

"Wait, I must know if this sword truly belongs to you." said the man.

"But it is my sword." exclaimed Aya.

"I will give it to you on one condition. See those four trees?" The man pointed at four tall trees.

"Yes." answered Aya.

"Will your friend please stand against that first tree on the right?" instructed the man.

Aya and Rokuro looked at each other, not sure what he was implying. Rokuro shrugged and did what the man asked him to do.

"Now what?" asked Rokuro. The handsome man took out his bow and an arrow from his quiver, and put the sword up against a tree trunk near him, so Aya could not get it. He aimed his arrow at the first tree on the left.

"If you can not guess my name in the next three turns, I keep the sword, and your friend loses his life." explained the man.

"What?!" yelled Aya and Rokuro.

"You better hurry." said the man.

"Uh, Ryo Kabuki the speeding arrow?" guessed Aya.

"Nope!"

He shot the first tree.

"Um, er...Kenshin the archer?"

"No!"

He shot the second tree.

"Er...Sanosuke the amazing arrowhead?"

"O_o;; No!"

He shot the third tree. Rokuro 's eyes started to widen, because the last shot could be the end of him.

"Last arrow! Looks like your friend's life is mine."

"Do something, Aya!" yelled Rokuro.

'Oh, no. What am I going to do?' Aya thought to herself. She glanced at the Silver Ark and noticed the man's reflection in it. The word 'Haruki' appeared on the blade of the sword.

"Any last words?" the man asked Rokuro.

"Yes. It was nice knowing you, Aya." Rokuro closed his eyes waiting for the final blow.

"Say goodbye to your friend." The man was about to fire the arrow at Rokuro 's heart, until...

"I don't think so, HARUKI!" yelled Aya. Shocked, the man fired his arrow, but it missed Rokuro by a mile.

---*---

"I am sorry I wanted to test you to see if you truly are the owner of the sword," Haruki said sincerely.

"That's all right Haruki." Aya said calmly.

"The village wise man told me of the Silver Ark. He said the sword shows the truth to the one that wields it." he explained.

"So that's why you wanted to test us?" asked Rokuro.

"Yes," Haruki replied. "When I was younger I tried to pull the sword out of the stone myself, but it would not budge."

"Hold on this village wise man, what else does he know about the sword?" asked Aya.

"Many things even a legend of the four warriors, who saved the eight anime kingdoms." answered Haruki.

"My village heard of a rumor about two young warriors; one of them carried the Silver Ark. The two warriors were on a journey to destroy the Devil Sword, defeat Yorunotobari, and save Queen Serenity." said Haruki.

"That's us alright." stated Rokuro.

"You two seem very young to be going on a journey like this. Yorunotobari is a powerful foe, because of him my brother is dead." Haruki said solemnly.

"You knew Yorunotobari?" asked Rokuro.

"Yes, his dark soldiers killed my brother when I was no older than seventeen. Ever since then I've been practicing my fighting skills, to avenge my brother's death."

"Wow, how sad," said Aya. She looked at the sky and notice it was getting late. "Uh-oh, we better find some shelter soon."

Haruki stood up, "Well, I think it's safer if you stayed at my village. Those soldiers are still after you, you know."

"Wow, thanks a lot! I'm getting really tired from sleeping on the ground." chirped Aya.

"Just think of it as an apology for nearly shooting an arrow at your friend." smiled Haruki.

Aya here once again! On the next episode, The village wise man tells us about the legend of the four warriors. I asked Haruki to go with us, but he refuses. Later on me and Rokuro run into more of Yorunotobari's soldiers and who comes to our rescue? Haruki, of course! Next episode 'Haruki, the third warrior?!'. Only on 'The Eight Anime Kingdoms'. ^_^V