Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime High ❯ The Way It Is ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3- The Way It Is
 
Inuyasha stormed into the Printing Press holding the list. The students he passed looked at him and knew he was mad about the list. Inuyasha entered the Chief Editor's office which belonged to Bankotsu Manashi. “Hey Yash, how's it going?” asked Bankotsu acting as if nothing was wrong
“Why have you filed out this act of treason?!” Inuyasha shouted slamming the list down on the desk.
“Treason? What are you talking about Inuyasha?”
“The list you baka!”
“Oh Kami, you're like the fourth person to come to me and complain about this and I'm going to tell you the same thing I told them. This is not Philedelphia, Pennsylvania, July 4, 1776, or the Declaration of Independence. This is Tokyo, Japan, the 21st century, and the Popularity List. Now since the other three couldn't explain it, can you tell me how this is treason”
“Why is the Emo Kid #1 on the list and I'm #2?!”
“Maybe because she is…anything else?”
“Nobody in this school even likes her!”
“You must not know how this list works do you?”. Inuyasha thought about it for a minute; the truth was no one knew how the Popularity List worked except for the students in the Printing Press. Inuyasha sat down in the seat in front of Bankotsu's desk and sighed.
“No, I don't', he answered
“Well I put how it works in the school newspaper, but since they're not done printing I'll tell you”, replied Bankotsu, “Here's how it works; I send every person's name in the school on our school website. There all the high school students of every high school in Tokyo votes for one person only. The computer counts up the votes, I put the list together, and I send it out”
“Then can you explain to me why I'm #2 and not #1 like I'm supposed to be?”
“Yash, I don't see the big deal; it's just one number”
“I don't care, tell me how I'm #2 and Emo Kid is #1”
“That is completely confidential”
“What do you mean it's confidential?”
“I can't give out why or how a person ends up on the list nor can I say why someone doesn't. Look Yash, you have to face it, this is life and that's just the way it is”.