Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mayonaka Ryuujin ❯ A gift of fire & dubious memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SW: Hey peeps! New chapter for `Mayonaka Ryuujin' has finally arrived.

Shiezu: For people on FF.net, sorry for the giant block of words last chapter, but we didn't know we had to double space to make it look right.

SW: Just so you know, I'm not discontinuing my other story on MM.org, I'm just trying to get this one up to par, and then I'll start alternating.

Shiezu: Which means….March 13th should be the next time we update `Dajibou Desu ka?'

Kagome: This chapter is… where a certain someone goes to my Shadow realm and to my palace, Kagemusha Kyuuden (Shadow Warrior Palace).

Hiei: Must I say this line to these infuriating ningens?

SW: Say it or I'll eat you alive boy! *Starts to growl when seeing his reluctance*

Hiei: *sighs* I'm only doing this because Kagome is my sister in this fic and I know how much of a bitch she can be.

SW: I resent that statement! Quit talking about me and my female side of the family!!! *Big thumps shake the stage and we see a giant raven colored wolf standing behind Silver Wolf.* M-mom! W-what are you doing…here?

Nekura (SW's mom): The little boy is asking for trouble. If he says it again, the rest of Kagemusha pack will kill `em!

SW: *hissing* Now look what you've done Hiei! You made her mad! She even said she was going to bring the rest of the pack if you say that word again in such a nasty tone!

Hiei: *gulps loudly* Fine, whoever can figure out who visited the palace will get a prize. The prize is: if you figure it out, SW will e-mail you the chapters for this story before she puts it out on FF.net and MM.org. Only two people will win this prize, one from MM.org and the other from FF.net. Happy now?

SW: Well done Hiei. You get your little prize for participating so…willingly.

Kagome: There's one hint, "The person is related to Hiei and it's not mother because she died." That should help a bit.

Nekura: Silver Wolf doesn't own Inuyasha of YuYu Hakusho! She does own Enshokuhi, Kagekachuu, Kurohi, Shoukyaku, and Akaakahi! If I catch you stealing, you'll be sorry!

Shiezu: On with the story!

Key: `thoughts'

*Hiei talking telepathically*

+Kurama talking telepathically+

-Kagome talking telepathically-

[Inner Voice]

{Author Note}

~~~Settings change~~~

`~`~POV Change`~`~

_______End Chapter______

(Translation)

~+~+Flashback~+~+

/Youko Talking\

Mayonaka Ryuujin

Chapter 2: A Gift of Fire & Dubious Memories

~`~`~`~Hiei's POV~`~`~`~

After Kagome left, I ran so I wouldn't have to face the questions I knew I couldn't answer.

`Why did I stop her? And why did I tell her that "There is a such thing as talking things out."' I was very confused at why I said and did those things. I loved Kagome VERY much, she was my favorite sibling. So…why'd I turn on her?

~`~`~`~Normal POV~`~`~`~

Hiei was in mental distress, so he decided to go see Yukina. He'd wait after sunrise before he went, just in case the Rekai Tantai stayed longer.

Seeing as it was only noon, he decided to rest in a tree near the Rekai barrier. `I hope Kagome isn't pissed at me.' With that final thought, Hiei fell into a light sleep.

~~~~Kagemusha Kyuuden~~~~

It was a sinister and mysterious place where only shadows existed. There was no foundation of light anywhere. Only the Royals knew light; the villagers and peasants were pleased about this fact, for they did not like alteration, and light was a change.

A scarlet portal opened near the castle doors. The Kagekeiei tensed for a moment, and then relaxed as they sensed who it was, though they were interested about why the individual was here.

Two figures walked out of the portal. There was a tall one and one that looked about the size of a kitten. They both passed the saluting guards and into the kuro kyuuden.

They smaller figure jumped onto the taller figure's shoulder. They passed by a lit torch to show a glance of dragon wings, crimson hair, and crimson clothes on the larger figure.

They stopped at silver doors. The keiei opened the doors to divulge a pitch black room. The two figures walked in.

A black torch at the center of the room flared to life. Its flames were blue, slightly accenting the room in a soft blue neon flush, only to reveal that the flames were bright enough to illustrate the walls from the dank darkness.

A woman was revealed standing beside the torch. She had azure hair and eyebrows and ice blue eyes. She was wearing a simple blue kimono. "Welcome Akaakahi! I see you have brought a visitor?" came a soft, sweet voice.

"Sango, it is good to see you again. I have brought you a gift of fire," came the detached reply. The fire stretched to slightly expose a crimson haired figure. You could only see their cinnamon eyes peering out of the darkness. On their shoulder was a fire cat with a variation, it had ruby fire instead of the usual crimson.

"Oh, it's so KAWAII!! I'll name you Kirara! Domo arigatoo gozaimasu Akaakahi!" squealed Sango. She put the cat on her shoulder and said to her, "I'm sure you'll love the unmated Shiezu! You'll be perfect for each other. But, Kagome'll have to agree since Shiezu is hers… What do you think Akaakahi?"

Akaakahi nodded as Sango squealed excitedly. "Akahi," Sango said quietly, using Akaakahi's nickname, "You know you'll have to tell Enshokuhi and Kurohi soon."

Akahi nodded sagely and gave Sango a kiss on the brow, then vanished before she could react.

~~~~Rekai Tantai~~~~

Yusuke was yelling at Kuwabara for not helping him when Kagome almost took his head off.

"She could have taken my head off with those flames! And dumb ass Kuwabara was too much of a baka to notice! And you Kurama," Kurama wisely kept his mouth shut when Yusuke rounded on him. "You and Hiei looked as if you couldn't care less if I DIED!" Yusuke paused for the cause and Kuwabara was actually smart enough to deliver a swift punch to Yusuke's cranium, keeping him quiet…temporarily…

Kurama had other things on his mind besides Yusuke. For some reason, a flashback of when he met Kagome crammed his brain.

~+~+~Flashback~+~+~

The Rekai Tantai was at a congregation with Koenma, they had just gotten an easy task when Hiei just departed to Genkai's Temple.

To say everyone was dazed was an understatement. "Follow him Kurama. I need to know why he's going to the Temple all of a sudden," Koenma said, gesturing to an unlocked portal.

Kurama ran through the portal in time to see a chiisai girl back flip into a tree. She had blood red hair and cinnamon eyes. She was wearing a black shirt that said `Kawaii!' in silver with a white koinu next to it. She was wearing baggy red pants that had many pockets. `Perfect for fighting…' Kurama dismissed a thought that would probably cost him.

She looked so much like Hiei, he briefly wondered if she was Hiei's pup; she definitely moved like him. `If she truly is his pup, she would've drawn a sword by now.' As soon as he finished that thought, the girl unsheathed a flaming sword from a scabbard that looked like fire itself.

"Who are you and why are you own my property?" the girl asked as she jumped down in front of Kurama and leveled her blade to his torso.

"I thought this was Genkai's property. You wouldn't happen to have Hiei as your father would you?" Kurama asked politely.

"Hiei as Kagome's father?" Genkai asked incredulously. Kurama noted she was at the bottom of the steps; he'd have to be aware of surroundings next time, or there won't be a next time.

"Hai, that's what I thought," Kurama stated, relaxing when the girl, Kagome, sheathed her sword. That fire on the blade was really close to burning his clothes.

"Really Kurama, you're starting to lose it. Kagome isn't Hiei's kid." Genkai raised an eyebrow after explaining.

Kagome squealed excitedly, which made Kurama look too. Hiei was standing there, glaring at Genkai. The old woman shrugged and walked back up the stairs.

Kagome ran and knocked Hiei down as she glomped him. Kurama was worried for the girl's safety and was shocked when Hiei helped her up. `Who is this girl that can tame Hiei? They definitely can't be mates; she looks too young, but looks can be deceiving.

He slightly shivered at Hiei's wintry glare as he realized he had been staring at Kagome, who was currently checking him for any injuries she might have caused. She then hugged him and looked up when she got no response.

She scowled when she saw where he was staring. "Oh leave him alone, Kurohi! He did nothing wrong and -" She was interrupted by Genkai. "Come Kagome, it's time to train."

Kagome hugged Hiei one last hug and ran into the temple with Genkai following. "So what is she to you?" Kurama asked audaciously.

"Fox, I'll only tell you this once, and if I find you telling anyone, expect a burial. She is my youngest sister Kagome; she's a priceless gem in this godforsaken world and I'll protect her with my life." Hiei then disappeared into the temple with Kurama following leisurely; he was still processing this information and decided not to tell Koenma and stored the info away for later analyzation.

`Hopefully I'll never be on the wrong end of Hiei's blade.' /I could take him.\ `Shut up Youko.'

~+~+~END FLASHBACK~+~+~

Yukina came in with refreshments and some aspirin for the headache that Yusuke would surely have when he awoke.

~`~`~Yukina's POV~`~`~ ~+~+~FLASHBACK~+~+~

I was playing with a six year old Kagome. I was eleven because my birthday was last week, so was Hiei's, which makes him twelve.

"Neechan! Watch what Kagome can do!" said a chiisai Kagome. She was wearing the same as me; a black T-shirt that said `Aisu' with ice crystals next to it except Kagome's said `Faia' and had flames surrounding it. I was wearing an azure colored skirt; Kagome was wearing a ruby colored skort. {Skirts + Shorts = Skorts. They're basically shorts that look like skirts in the front.} She was able to fight without it hampering her. We both had our hair in a braid.

I watched Kagome do a cartwheel, then fall on her butt. I watched as the emotions manifest on her face; joy, confusion, realization, and pain. I didn't like it when she was in pain, so I went to pick her up, only to be stopped by a voice. I turned around to see Hiei standing there.

"Don't pick her up, you're only babying her. I don't want her growing up weak and helpless." I scowled, turned my back on him, and picked Kagome up out of spite and worry. Well, I tried to pick her up, only to see Hiei's clawed hand drag her away from me, effectively thwarting any and all attempts, which left me distressing in vain.

Kagome, obviously wanting attention, crawled onto Hiei's back, concealing her from view. I giggled as Hiei tried to pry her off, but I knew his attempts were futile. Kagome, hearing my laughter, decided to join in.

After a while, Kagome jumped down, did a raspberry, and said something that made Hiei's hair spark, "No one can beat Kagome! Only Kagome can beat Kagome!"

I laughed harder as Hiei became flustered. I stopped laughing when I saw Hiei was about to give Kagome punishment by pulling her hair, since she was always shorter than him, he had easy access. However, it seemed Kagome was on a roll today and kicked him in the shin.

I doubled over in laughter as Hiei's hair started blazing at Kagome's next comment. She skipped up to Hiei and exclaimed, "Gomen nasai, sir, but sir is too slow and needs more training." She skipped over to my side, stuck her tongue out at Hiei, and put a finger in her eye. {You know how Shippou-chan or everyone else does it when they bait someone in the Anime?}

I quickly stopped my joyous laughter as I smelt the horrible city scent of my most hated enemy; though you'd never see me show this emotion because I hid it behind my masquerade of cheerfulness, and only Kagome knew of my façade.

Hiei's face hardened into a scowl as he looked behind me. "Hey guys, what's up?" came the voice I loathed and feared. I slowly wheeled around to see that grotesque face of…Inuyasha. He was an eleven year old punk who was older than me. He was wearing a bright red shirt and shorts.

"Konnichiwa Inuyasha. What brings you over?" I asked stiffly. "I just decided to visit. Hey brat, nice to see you, too!" Kagome had sniffed Inuyasha and started scratching on his legs. She was trying to get to his head and I knew exactly why: Inuyasha was in heat.

I heard Hiei growl warningly when Inuyasha rubbed Kagome's head. "My name not brat! It's ka…Enshokuhi! Kagome's name is Enshokuhi! En-sho-ku-hi! Got that? Good!"

Kagome stuck her nose in the air and waddled as dignified as she could to Hiei. "Get a bath Inubaka! I don't want you to mar my sister's scent with that city smell, IT STINKS!" Inuyasha scowled at Kagome's remark. `Kagome scores!' I was keeping a mental scoreboard.

Hiei made a disgusted face at Inuyasha as he asked the dreaded question, "So Yukina, want to go play at my place?" I knew all too well what the consequences were if I didn't say yes. `I don't feel like getting beat up like last time.' [But Hiei is here, he could protect you!]

For a second, I believed my inner voice, but then she realized she would eventually get hit inevitably. With a sigh of reluctance, "Fine Inuyasha, I'll go." He clearly didn't perceive how dead and vacant my voice sounded. I was about to go when I felt Kagome's hand on my arm. I gasped when I looked down; Kagome's Jagan eye was open! I had never seen it before and realized how rare her type of Jagan was.

To have your Jagan the same color as your other eyes was as rare as a spirit deity dieing, something which only happened every ten thousand years! `Kagome must've heard my thoughts.' -Kagome has and Kagome doesn't like what Inubaka does to Yukina-neechan!-

I watched, transfixed, as Kagome narrowed her Jagan and walked over to Inuyasha, cold mask in place. "I don't like what you're doing Inuyasha, but just wait until I'm older, I'll stop your little tirade then. You won't even have a chance." I was briefly happy about her grammar and stunned about the certainty in her words. But I believed her; it was a Ryuujin's job to keep their promises, and this generation was no different than the rest.

Kagome kicked Inuyasha in the crotch and smirked sadistically when he yelped in pain and fell to his knees. She gave me a hug, whispered battle strategies in my mind, and walked to the training grounds two miles away.

I memorized the last thing she whispered to me mentally; -You can always call for me mentally, and I'll always be there to help.-

I looked over to see my brother glaring at me in contempt. *Go ahead and mate with him for all I care, but know this: Go with him, and you can officially think of me as a distant cousin.* I gasped at the venom there. He just walked away.

Inuyasha grabbed me by the waist and said, "Forget him. When I through with you, you most likely won't even remember his name."

~`~`~Normal POV~`~`~ ~+~+~END FLASHBACK~+~+~

Yukina shuddered at the memory. Inuyasha had raped her that night, leaving her with vaginal tears. When she had returned, Hiei turned his back on her. Kagome however, stayed by her side through it all. She had stayed with her at Genkai's Temple, too.

Yukina was a bit scared when she heard about Kagome going home. She desperately hoped that Kagome would come back for her, or that the Rekai Tantai spent the night over. Se had a bubbling suspicion that neither would come true, and hoped against hope that she was wrong, because Yukina was now feeling the bite of true loneliness.

___End Chapter___

Shiezu: Hope you like. Dictionary and Previews below

.

Silver Wolf: Quick announcement… Haha-ue, you can go home now, he isn't going to say it again..

Nekura: Fine, but I'll be back! *stomps off stage*

Silver Wolf: Like I said, quick announcement, I'm making another story called Shakaku. It's about Kagome having her own Spirit Detective Team but they work for King Enma. Anyway, her team and Yusuke's will have to work together on a new case….Pre-Installed parings: Hiei/Kagome, Kurama/Sango, Miroku/Botan, Shoukyaku/Yukina, Yusuke/Keiko, and Kuwabara/Shirokaro.

Japanese to English Dictionary_______

Koneko-kitten

Koinu- puppy

Jagan eye- Mystical eye

Gomen nasai- I'm very sorry

Faia-fire

Aisu-ice

Chiisai-little

Neechan-older sister

*Kurohi-black flame

*Akaakahi-bright red flame

*Enshokuhi-brightly burning flame

*Hikagi-flame key

Hai-yes

Rekai Tantai-spirit detectives

Kagekeiei-Shadow guards

Kawaii-cute

Baka-idiot

*=I own it and you must ask and get a reply before using it!

Ja ne,

Silver Wolf (=~.^=) and Shiezu=^-^=