Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Finished ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note:
Anybody see the Saiyuki movie? I found it to be awesome, I loved it even though the villain was…strange (sigh) but aren't all villains strange? Anybody know any Saiyuki and Inuyasha crossovers? I'd like to see one of those done
 
I'm going to see how many one worded chapter names I can do
 
 
 
 
Finished
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
`Thinking'
Flashback/ voices
Stressed Words
 
 
 
 
Three Years Prior
 
 
 
Running through the field of dead youkai and various parts of them was one of the happiest moments in her life. It would be considered strange to see a young eighteen-year-old Miko jumping with joy through the field even in this time. Her scarlet hakama were torn in various places and she was missing a sleeve on the left side of her Haori. She didn't care for the moment…life was almost perfect. Clutching her right hand tight, she ran towards the group in delight.
 
She looked over at the Houshi as he pulled the seal from his hand and tossed the beads to the ground. His right hand was still closed in a doubting fear. The Taijiya rested an assured hand on his left shoulder. He looked over at her and she gave him a nod. Opening his hand, they watched the Kazaana become nothing but an empty palm. The Houshi stood in shock as if expecting it pop back out like time with Kaguya. A few more moments of silence passed before he cried out in bliss. He grasped the Taijiya's face with his palms and pulled her to his lips.
 
The Miko smiled and silently cheered. The tired Nekomata rubbed against her legs and mewed happily. The Miko smiled down at Kirara before she walked off. Coming to the edge of the field, she watched the figure in the distance stare into the sky. His word was stuck in the ground and still transformed; he held his hand on the hilt. She slowed down and clutched the object in her hand tighter. Hesitating she began to approach the figure again.
 
“Inuyasha,” she softly said. He looked over at her and his eyes instantly brightened.
 
“Kagome,” Inuyasha whispered.
 
She walked up to him and stood in front of him with a set look of determination. Sango and Miroku were happy and had each other, Kikyo was finally free from Naraku's Miasma, that was slowly poisoning her body. Kohaku was in the village helping Kaede, without the use of the shard of the Tama. Kagome smiled at him and held her cupped hands out to him. If she couldn't be with him, the she would make him happy. He looked at her hands in confusion before he looked into her eyes.
 
“I want you to be happy…Inuyasha-niisan,” Kagome said as she smiled. Kagome opened her hands and revealed the completed Shikon no Tama. His amber eyes softened as his silver hair blew in the wind. He reached out and closed her hands within his. Kagome appeared to be confused at this action.
 
“I am happy…Kagome-imouto,” Inuyasha replied.
 
“Are you sure?” Kagome questioned.
 
“I've got a family and have a place to belong,” he truthfully admitted. Kagome smiled and nodded her head in understanding.
 
Kagome put the Tama back on her chain and looked over to where Sango and Miroku where. They were walking hand in hand toward the two. Kagome smiled at them and felt a tinge in her heart. She was happy if everyone else was happy. Sango noticed the slightly hurt look before it could be covered. Kirara mewed before she transformed. Sango and Miroku both got on her and Kagome climbed onto Inuyasha's back.
 
“Time to go home,” Miroku happily announced.
 
“Home,” Kagome whispered before they took off.
 
Kagome laid her head against Inuyasha's shoulder blade and closed her eyes. The battle with Naraku was finally over. Her eyebrows furrowed in worry. It was finally over. Kagome thoughts turned to ones of worry as she began to truly think. Her happy thoughts slightly darkened as she rested her head. She hadn't vanished or been ripped from this time, that was a good sign. Sighing in slight sadness, her mood went down a notch.
 
Sango and Miroku had each other and Kohaku. Inuyasha had everyone since he wasn't interested in her that way. Kagome's crush over Inuyasha had slowly turned into a love for a brother. She had Shippo…but he was just a child that needed her for now. Burying her head into Inuyasha's shoulder, she forced her tears away. All she had was the Shikon no Tama and her friends. That's all they were…they were friends…her new family. She sighed knowing that her life in the future was ruined. She had already dropped out and tested for her G.E.D. She barely got that.
 
`All I have to look forward to is a future of loneliness,' Kagome sadly thought. `Is this why Kikyo wanted to free herself of the Tama?'
 
Do not fear, all will be made clear for you
 
Kagome's eyes snapped opened when she heard the whisper. A female voice soothed her from nowhere. It was calm and taming to her nerves. Kagome slowly drifted to sleep as Inuyasha ran along the treetops with her on his back. She felt the motion of running stop and slowly opened her eyes. It didn't take long to get back to the village. She slid off Inuyasha's back and stretched her sore limbs. Walking over towards Kaede's hut, she fell face first into the first futon she found.
 
“We can always celebrate tomorrow,” Miroku joked as Kagome began to snore.
 
“Some guardian of the Tama,” Inuyasha mumbled as he looked down at her sleeping form. Sango glared at him before she raised her Hiraikotsu and dropped it on his head.
 
“She a perfect guardian for the Tama,” Miroku commented.
 
“What are you saying?” Inuyasha asked as he rubbed his sore head.
 
“She will do her job well,” Sango simplified for the hanyou.
 
“Keh,” Inuyasha muttered before he lay down.
 
 
 
 
The wind brushed against her face as she ran through the forest. Coming to a slight halt, she pushed herself from the ground and into the air. Time seemed to stop as she bathed in the light of the full moon. Looking over her dark blue eyes glowed a silver tint as she stared at the moonlight. Time started again as she nosedive to the ground. The moonlight made the once bright greens of the plants radiate silver. Landing on the ground, she fell to all fours.
 
All thoughts became crystal memories, each still remaining though transparent. Each joint popped, and certain bones in her legs lengthened as she felt the cold gaze of the moon on her. Pale gray fur sprouted from each pore lengthening to that of a foxes. Her tailbone forced itself from her back and to the outside world where it quickly became full of muscle and skin before, pale fur with a white tip emerged. Her mouth elongated to that of a short muzzle. Her ears moved to the top of her head and formed into that of a foxes.
 
Stretching the newly formed muscles she let loose a purr of satisfaction. Standing to her full height on her paws, she guessed she was as big as Kirara. Snapping her mouth at the air to get used to the feeling she inhaled the night air. She could smell everything, each smell painted a picture in her mind. She could smell the sweet scent of the flowers and hear the singing of a nearby river. Each scent and sound sang to her ears. Taking off into the night she ran under bushes with her new found form.
 
Jumping over a fallen tree branch she yipped in excitement. Slowing down to a soft pace she could feel the sun about to rise. She looked up into the canopy of the trees and saw a strange fruit on the tree. Standing on her back legs, she pressed her paws to the front of the tree bark and raised her nose to the strange fruit. Her human mind was telling her that there was no fruit in the shape of a crescent moon. The fruit was an ivory color and appeared to glow.
 
Opening her mouth, she snapped at one and it fell to the earth. With a soft thump, she pushed away from the tree and stared at the fallen fruit. Pushing it over to its side, she noticed that it was leaking a strange blue color. The fruit juice was soft sky blue that smelt of fresh strawberries. The sun began to rise and she took a step back when she heard the voice.
 
“Kagome.”
 
Letting her eyes scan her surrounding she saw and smelt nothing. She could feel her senses weakening as the rays of the light fell upon her and the fruit.
 
Come to me.”
 
Her eyes widened in shock as the fruit began to fade.
 
“Hurry.”
 
“Leave me sleep,” Kagome muttered as she rolled over.
 
 
I can make your dreams come true”
 
 
“Five more minutes,” Kagome mumbled as she began to drool.
 
 
Look for it on the night of the full moon, you will see then”
 
 
“Osuwari,” Kagome shouted as she sat up.
 
Bam
 
Kagome looked around and began to wonder if she was going insane. She had been in her dreams and then heard the voice. It wasn't the same voice that calmed her worry; it was a new voice. This voice was sensual in a deep baritone type. It tempted her. Closing her eyes, she saw what could grant her dreams. She saw the fruit of the moon. It was in the shape of the crescent moon and was an ivory that eerily glowed. Sitting up she looked over to see Inuyasha still sleeping, the hole he helped create didn't seem to wake him.
 
Standing up she walked outside the hut. The sun was already high in the sky. Sighing she ran a hand through her hair and picked up another Miko outfit. Walking past a group of children, she noticed Shippo. He had sprouted up and now reached her hip. He had turned what appeared to be eight in human years. His auburn hair made him stand out from the other children. His beige tail had turned auburn leaving only a beige tip at the end. His nose twitched before he separated from the group of children.
 
His emerald eyes lit up in pure bliss when he spotted Kagome. Running over to Kagome, he hugged her tightly around the waist. He inhaled her scent and began to lightly purr. Kagome reached down and ruffled his hair in an affectionate way.
 
“What are you doing up?” Shippo asked.
 
“What do you mean Shippo?” Kagome questioned.
 
“You've been asleep for four days,” Shippo stated. Kagome froze as her dreams of running through the forest came back to her.
 
“Four days,” Kagome repeated.
 
“Yeah, Miroku said you were recovering your ki,” Shippo proudly quoted.
 
“I need to bathe,” Kagome said as she pushed away from Shippo and continued on her way to the onsen.
 
`Four days,' she thought. Shippo frowned as he watched her go.
 
 
I can make your dreams come true”
 
 
Shivering she ignored the voice and continued on her way. A nice bath would relax her and set her back into the pace of life.